Where have all the good men gone?

>These sassy, sophisticated, solvent women say they are struggling to find other halves that can measure up

>They are in great physical shape, living full and interesting lives. Yet finding suitable men for them to date seems to be a heroic challenge.

>This has left me wondering why a generation of single, sexy, solvent women just can’t find love. What immediately strikes female mid‑life daters — of whom I am one — returning to the dating scene in later life after a marriage or long-term relationship, is the lack of single men.

>According to Jo Hemmings, a behavioural psychologist and dating coach, there are an estimated seven new women for every man on the dating scene in the 40-55 age group, so availability is clearly a big issue.

>‘I’ve had clients coming to me wondering: “Am I asking too much to find an attractive, independent, solvent guy of my age?” ’ she says.

>As she explains, part of the issue is that when divorce strikes, men and women react in different ways.

>Men’s relationships frequently overlap; they won’t leave one partner until they find another, so they are never really single.

>By contrast, women take longer to recover from a break-up. They often step out of the dating ring completely, sometimes for many years, to rebuild their lives or to focus on bringing up children.

>‘When they return to dating, it’s really hard for them,’ says Jo. ‘There aren’t as many men because they have a wider pool. Men realise quite quickly that there are far fewer of them than there are women of a similar age. They then date much younger women, creating a huge void in the market.

>‘Traditionally women go for men who are their age or slightly older, so they are left wondering where all the men have gone.’

More:

dailymail.co.uk/femail/article-4754914/Where-good-men-gone.html#article-4754914
archive.is/i39tt

Other urls found in this thread:

psmag.com/environment/17-to-1-reproductive-success
ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1692900/
nber.org/papers/w14969
nypost.com/2013/12/27/conservative-women-hold-secret-to-happiness/
youtube.com/watch?v=JPR108kwNo4
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

>When Jo coaches women on dating, she tells them to accept the reality. ‘It’s just a fact that there is a lack of available decent men,’ she says.

>Men, indoctrinated over generations to pursue younger women, are instinctively reluctant to consider those of a similar age to their own, even ones who look youthful and attractive.

>It is something I regularly notice when I set up dates.

>Men need to open their eyes to the amazing women in their own age bracket.

>Jo says: ‘This generation of men don’t bother to make the effort to represent themselves in an attractive way, even online. Or they just list what they don’t want in a woman and say nothing about themselves — because they can.’

>And those men who do make an effort are in a position to be very choosy.

>Online dating coach Suzie Parkus, of meetyourmatch.club, observes: ‘A man who has aged well, has a good outlook on life, a joie de vivre about him and who has seemingly done well for himself is very attractive to his peers. However, for the most part he is drawn to younger, sexier, more vibrant models.

>While good-looking men can pick and choose, attractive women such as Jane effectively become the victims of their drive to remain active and youthful. Women in the over-45 bracket are the biggest buyers of beauty products, accounting for 58 per cent of the market.

>‘Men of my age target younger women and I don’t fancy the older men, so it’s a real problem. I’ve stopped looking. Having to get back in the dating market, I focused on getting myself fit again. But many men don’t seem to make the same effort.

>‘Online you see selfie pictures they have taken of themselves half-naked in bathrooms or slouching on sofas. Where is the effort in that?

>‘I think women have been raised to believe they are winning an amazing prize to get a man, who then has a sense of entitlement — so he puts in no effort whatsoever and always thinks he can get better.’

>They are in great physical shape
all overweight compared to their age.

Dropped.

Who cares?

>I'm a roastie roastie I can make you some toastie

Gen X men are all dead or soon to be dead.

What makes these women think they're so great?

>Men’s relationships frequently overlap; they won’t leave one partner until they find another, so they are never really single.
>
>By contrast, women take longer to recover from a break-up. They often step out of the dating ring completely, sometimes for many years, to rebuild their lives or to focus on bringing up children.

from my experience this is complete bullshit, I don't know if it changes when you're older but girls in the 20's age group rebound instantaneously and are usually ready to date like 5 different dudes as soon as one ends.

3 and 4, maybe. 1 and 2 are just tall, broad and old.

>great physical shape

Dating older women, lol.
Fucking older women, ok

One leads them on, the other both parties are not going to marry.

>sassy
bitch all the time
>sophisticated
spend all their money on frivolities
>great physical shape
all their eggs are dead and none of them can do 2 pull ups or squat 100 lbs
>living full interesting lives
have had numerous multi rcacial dicks in their lose snatches

Agreed women will dump you easily for another man, they'll just walk away and feel nothing.

Some men pine about women from 25 years ago

Yeah this is quite literally the exact opposite of what reality is

>>Men, indoctrinated over generations to pursue younger women
more like indoctrinated by biology over 10s of thousands of years to pursue younger women

Rather try my chances marrying a younger lass who isn't eggless and diseased.

How about women shut the fuck up and get back in the kitchen

Isn't it completely the other way around?

For every man that reproduced historically, at least 2 women has reproduced. Going back further throughout history, it has been much worse. 8,000 years ago, 17 women reproduced for every 1 man.

psmag.com/environment/17-to-1-reproductive-success

The Y chromosome is "degenerate", which is to say that it has rapidly shrunk in humans, shedding the vast majority of its chromosomes to leave only a small number behind. This means that human males have undergone radical genetic changes throughout the evolution of our species.

ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC1692900/

Despite gains in women's freedoms, financial success, self-determination, independence, and control over their own lives, women are more miserable now than they've ever been since we started recording their subjective well-being. Women are, by and large, quite miserable by historical standards. This is not just a factor of social problems across all of society(which have lowered happiness across all groups), but also in relation to men, who have experienced much lower effects.

nber.org/papers/w14969

Women who are conservative are significantly happier than women who are liberal. Liberal women are more often in egalitarian relationships, and more likely to focus on their careers. Conservative women tend to focus on family, raising children, and tend to be more likely to take on a relatively submissive role in the family.

nypost.com/2013/12/27/conservative-women-hold-secret-to-happiness/

Even when they've been together a decade and have children together. She'll just leave because "I'm not happy and he won't change."

As far as I'm aware, no one seems to want to make the connection between these data points. The degeneracy of the Y chromosome is *directly* linked to the degree to which female reproductive success outclasses male reproductive success. The addition of new chromosomes and variations is a slow process, occurring due to random chance. Most variations are detrimental, and disappear as quickly as they appeared. However, rapidly changing circumstances can cause a sudden narrowing of genetic variation in a species. This most often comes from cataclysmic changes or ecological disasters, but can also happen due to conflict with another species, or exposure to a disease or famine.

Everything about the sexual histories of men and women paints a picture wherein men were under *extreme* selective pressure throughout recent history. The VAST majority of men were unfit for reproduction, and were removed from the gene pool. The Y chromosome rapidly degenerated because of this intense selective pressure, resulting in the small and highly focused Y chromosome of today.

Moreso than any event in our biological history, the advances in technology, social progress, and larger governments and institutions have resulted in extreme environmental shifts, to which our base instincts are incredibly poorly suited. Even now, rising mental illness and depression are merely symptoms of a species thrust into a situation it had not evolved for.

And this comes to the crux of our issue. Even in the last few hundred years, men have remained under extreme selective pressure. The genes unfit for a modern society have been rapidly removed, and the fluctuations have focused men towards the needs of the present. Men are not perfectly adapted. None of us are. But the intense selective pressures mean that the Y chromosome is subject to more rapid changes and adaptations.

Meanwhile, the X chromosome changes much more slowly, as a women is always useful for her reproductive capabilities without actually needing to produce anything of value, or even be adapted to her current situation.

Everything in our society shows this. Give women equality and freedom, and they become miserable. Offer them independence, and they become lonely. Give them a career, and they become despondent and seek fleeting pleasures to give their life meaning.

Women evolve significantly slower than men. In time, we'll all adapt to society, but for right now the data shows that women are unfit for the progress that they have achieved. In truth, the reason we had such incredible scientific advancement in the last thousand years has been because of the repression of sexuality, both male AND female. Female sexuality is focused on acquiring the strongest male, even if it destroys group cohesion. This hyperfocus on the top ultimately leads to women drifting alone,(despite being surrounded by suitable males) acting contrary to their own interests, and failing to self-actualize in any meaningful sense.

Our society will fail because of its attempts to force equality if it doesn't exist. If the left wished to achieve true equality, women would have to be held to the same standards as men. Even still, the evolutionary lagging make this a near impossibility.

and women indoctrinated over the past 50 to avoid biology. amazing game.

They look fucking 50 yrs. old. Elderly feminist roasties should just off themselves. Nobody wants you. You blew your chance at a "good man" because you wanted to be a empowered working womyn who sleeps around for empowerment purposes. Fuck off with your barren womb.

Well it's pretty obvious that those women are freaks of nature, every one of them should have a husband and at least three children already. Being 40 and single shows they are fucking toxic and no man wants a toxic cunt in his life.

>Female But Have an Adam's Apple
>Born without genitals - Proud of it
>Household Pet That Walked Across the Keyboard - Male
>Household Pet That Walked Across the Keyboard - Female
>Household Pet That Walked Across the Keyboard - Other

MY FUCKING SIDES ARE IN ORBIT!!!

>Men need to open their eyes to the amazing women in their own age bracket.

Amazing women over 40?Top shit lmao

Can't they just choose to be men? Isn't that what feminism teaches?

This. In fact this whole article is bullshit. Women have the upper hand in dating, especially online. This article is biased and just trying to make women feel better about themselves. Sad.

jesus user... this is some STEM graduate level analysis. (you) earned this

>solvent women
4 words in and they're already talking about mythological creatures.
There is no women on fucking earth that's not drowning in debt.
If they have a successful career they're under the mountains of school loans that got them there, if they have a bad career they abuse credit cards for all their bullshit shopping needs.

I have never in my life met a woman who didn't have absurd amounts of debt compared to a man int he same situation.

Yup. Women are always setting up options and by the time they break up with you, the next thing has already begun.

Hey, ladies, maybe you should... lower your standards.

>>Men, indoctrinated over generations to pursue younger women

I'm pretty sure that's millions of years of hominid evolution, not "indoctrination".

>>Men’s relationships frequently overlap; they won’t leave one partner until they find another, so they are never really single.
>>By contrast, women take longer to recover from a break-up. They often step out of the dating ring completely, sometimes for many years, to rebuild their lives or to focus on bringing up children.
It's the complete fucking opposite though you fucking goddamn liar.

Patiently waiting for the great roastie suicide

Hahaha! What a load of fucking bullshit! Women are the ones doing that, especially younger ones and that's why so many young men are single, because young women are never really single.

>relationships
When men that age are single from divorce, widower status, or what-not... they are not rich enough anymore for these old gold digging (or "solvency" digging) whores. No mystery now, huh?

>Men are never single
>Women take longer to date again

Bullshit.It's the exact opposite. Women cannot stand being single.

>because women play no part in sexual selection
>Women pair up with 4-5 years older men up and across socioeconomic hierarchies

Women being snotty stuck up bitches when they're young causes young men to go their own way.

Women being unapologetic whores cause their ex-boyfriends to go their own way.

Women dressing like skanky sluts in public causes older generations with some modicum of modesty to be shocked and go their own way.

Women picking only 20% of men as partners causing 80% men to go their own way.

Women acting like useless condescending bitches in the workplace causing workmates to go their own way.

Women having affairs and divorcing their partners causing husband's to go their own way.

Women acting like low-class trashy entitled golddiggers causing boyfriends to go their own way.

Women attacking men who want to support feminism and women's rights and calling them potential rapists causing strangers on the internet to go their own way.

Girls growing up thinking they are special cupcake fairy princesses causing little boys to go their own way.

All roads lead to R̶o̶m̶e̶ MGTOW eventually.

>old used up sluts in grandma age having trouble finding victims they can trap into a relationship

Exactly. She had the gall to say this shit with MGTOW running around.

The author is probably a woman, that would explain all the cognitiv dissonance.

Here is their answer.

These sassy, well-preserved goblins are proof that the age of men is over!

>It's the complete fucking opposite though you fucking goddamn liar.

No kidding, what a load. The truth is, a woman never leaves until she has another man in the bag. Which she usually does -- at least a beta orbiter she knows she can live on while she looks for the alpha she thinks she can still pull because all the magazines say women just keep getting hotter with age and she had lots of options at age 20.

In contrast, the man is usually lost in the weeds for a while, feeling like his life is over and having no prospects. Then he starts to notice that he's getting looks from younger women than he expected. Pretty soon he's dating someone hotter than his ex-wife, at about the same time she's getting sick of her beta schlub and hasn't been swarmed by suitors the way she expected. Unfair!

The one recurring factor is them saying there's no men good enough for them. Most men will look at themselves and go "hm, it must be me I should change something to fix this problem". Women though? "Boy men suck I am so awesome there is no way I could ever be why no one wants me"

Mental labile old disgusting cunts want 'good men'
Easy answer. Good girls have good men, for the remaining female shit has only male shit as choice. Deal with it.

all the good men either married young or married a young women later on. Fucking stupid women REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

Here's a sober redpill (or black pill if you wanna look at it this way) that I'm pretty sure is obvious to most Sup Forumsacks

Modern western women don't 'settle down' because they are 'done' with the dating game, they settle down because their looks depreciate to the point it's more favorable/profitable to settle down with a beta then pursuing Chad and stringing along beta males.

If women magically didn't age in terms of appearance and looked as they did at 90 the same as they did at 18 before they dropped dead immediately at old age, they would spend all those 72 years riding the cock carousal and never think of settling down.

Unreadable fuck boi

>They all look old and haggard as fuck

If only they had given their best looking youthful years to their husband so he wouldn't mind putting up with the decline in later years.

>Women don't understand they have very strict expiration date: the post.

And blame men for all their shit.

Staying away from worthless women you gook fuck

Woah, it's like something people can do without making it part of their identity and talking like its some new movement or anyone cares. Just wow. MGTOW is so cool!!!!

The problem is that women are taught by society to seek power and control like men, so they can be equal or "superior" to a man. But then when they do that, they quickly realize tehy feel dead in such relationships with easily controllable and predictable men, because they are WIRED to want a man they "can't handle", yet they avoid precisely that because they fear it. yet that's what they desperately need, to feel fulfilled.

>It's misogynist for a 30-year-old man to treat women like a 20-year-old women treats men!
Almondizing.

Fuck it, why are men not interested? It is very simple. We are tired of the games women play, too much fucking work to find one worth a damn who isn't tainted and society makes it so even if we do find one worth damn you might get charged with sexual harassment for saying 'your pretty'

This is high standards cuntiness. They're 4/10s looking for 10/10 chads.

That's why you need to take away their rights to give them the thrill of rolling an abusive husband

Away from those bitches.

>>Men’s relationships frequently overlap; they won’t leave one partner until they find another, so they are never really single.
This seems statistically impossible, especially in a country with slightly more men than women.

That's easy:
Fool me once, shame on you.
Fool me twice, shame on me.
That's why the good men, either stay married, or never marry again. Being married, is no longer economically, or emotionally beneficial to men.

>They are in great physical shape, living full and interesting lives. Yet finding suitable men for them to date seems to be a heroic challenge.

>40+
>sundamaged skin with no elasticity
>bad teeth from sugar, coffee and pregnancy
>lots of emotional baggage from past relationships that she would let creep into a new relationship
>interesting lives meaning they go to brunch with their friends every other week and bitch about other people
>have no real hobbies outside of bitching around
>great careers meaning they do some useless officejob like HR and won't move up from that

>expecting a man of the same age, who must be physically attractive, make much more money than them, have a higher social status than them...
>being so delusional to think a single man like this wouldn't go after a younger woman who could still pump out kids and is more physically attractive

>implying it's not the other way around
>implying there's not a huge undersupply of women for young men simply because something like 106 men are born for every 100 women
>implying someone will ever show interest in the struggles young men face

Maybe polygamy should be legal for people over 40?

That's because she's doing what she does best.

Projecting.

>
Sexual Market Value

>"Where have all the good men gone?"
They probably got married.

A horse has higher sexual market value than a woman at 48.

This.

Women who are about to lose the remains of their sexual market value feel entitled to the attention of top tier men. Meanwhile the top tier men want the same kind of women that all men want - young, good looking, with nice personality.

Don't give a shit if the woman is, "empowered", or "successful", that doesn't make her more attractive, maybye even less. Especially when the top tier men are expected to have high paying careers themselves, so they don't need the money.

Being delusional about judging own looks doesn't help either. They think they are sexy and attractive...

I would rather live comfortably in my poverty riddled with cancer and enjoying the high and low quality shitposts and bantz of my fellow channers, than endure 1 five minute conversation about the quality of some plastic greedy bitches stock portfolio surrounded by all the diamonds in the world.

>>By contrast, women take longer to recover from a break-up.

Literally the opposite of what is true and widely accepted to be true. More or less, women have a good cry and get it out of their system. Women get over people so quick. If a woman's friend doesn't call her for a few weeks she assumes they're not even friends anymore and moves on. Women are over relationships before they even end. They fall in love quicker than men and fall out just as quick.

youtube.com/watch?v=JPR108kwNo4

>"They are with an '8' but they want a '10'. But then suddenly they're 40 and can only get a '5'!"

2 threads on this shit topic? What are you niggers attempting to slide?

>Men of my age target younger women and I don’t fancy the older men
Apparently this wasn't a problem for her when she was young and pretty. She's effectively just competing with a younger version of herself in the market for middle aged men.

idk wtf their cunt problems are.
pic related.
My match. com profile pic.

Based Leaf - you go gurl!

This is well-written and mostly correct. However, to this poster and others saying that "it's the other way around and women are never single": keep in mind the article is geared to older women and that IS definitely the case in older age brackets. You're correct that the 20-somethings have an unlimited supply of guys, but it's not the case with older women.

I'm 50 myself, was married for almost 20 years, no kids tho. When I finally escaped that bullshit, I hit the dating scene with a vengeance. I fucked more 20-somethings in my 40's than I did when I was 20-something myself, and I'm now in a committed relationship of 1.5 yrs with a much younger woman. And women around my age HATE her.

My hairdresser is a nice looking lady in her 40's. Blonde, slim, huge tits that are holding up ok, etc. And she hasn't had sex in 7 years, and openly bitches right in front of my girlfriend that she (the gf) "took the last decent guy out there."

Awhile back, some friends and I helped a lady move. Her best friend was there too and we all went out to dinner afterward. The friend is my age, her one kid is overseas married to some military dude, she has a beautiful home, drives a jeep, is pretty hot, spectacular tits. So all good, at the time I didn't mind being with a woman my age, and I drove her home. We didn't fuck, but did kiss in the driveway, I made sure she got inside safely, and said I'd call 'sometime' and would like to see her again.....which was true. Three fucking days later she's blowing up my phone that she's lonely on a Friday night because "someone didn't call her to make plans". And therein is the problem with these older divorced cunts. Bitch, a kiss on a Tuesday doesn't make me responsible for your weekend plans! My friend later told me that she practically had the wedding planned.

(cont, this is getting long and I'd like to write more)

Get many replies?
That's a cool pic very funny.

>This

In some ways I feel bad because they've been brainwashed into it but deal is a deal.

Why are polish always so spot on about everything? I regret leaving the EU just because of you guys. Come join us in the anglosphere polak

Bitches my age gross me out so why would I want a used leather bag that smells like moth balls?

Mostly bitches blabbing something about cops, medication, or some other shit.
Ty . Been told I am guite photogenic.
Might try some time in modeling.

Those 4 bitches are more spent than the four shots that killed JFK. Why the fuck would any decent man want to be with a woman that can't give them children? Oh, that's right, don't have children goy, just like down and die like the rest of your race. FUCK

>average-canadian-man-and-woman.tiff.png.jpg.exe

Good new insight thnx I am enjoying this thread :)

So when I get into conversations about this with women my age, I tell them this: If you didn't want to end up single and alone in your 40's, you should've kept your damn mouth shut and sucked more dick.

I would still be with my ex-wife if she hadn't turned into a raging self-entitled cunt as we got older and more successful.

I would date the hairdresser or the hot chick from the moving dinner IF they weren't psychotic bitches waiting for a man to come along and fix their lives. They need to be looking at 70-something retirees if they want that, because that's where their market is now. Older successful gentleman like myself are all over the 20 & 30 somethings and women my own age will never interest me again, or if one did, she'd have to be one hell of a catch herself: no kids (or grown kids), fit af, successful in her own career, with a nice goddamned house on the lake and a pontoon boat.

You're missing the point. Those women are single because of the decisions they made and not because they were fucked over by the dating scene. They had three decades to figure this out. In fact, I'd bet most knew that this was the outcome yet pursued this course of action anyway because, deep down, they still feel they can bullshit their way into getting something they don't deserve.

They chose to be selfish anyway. They continue to be selfish. They never say, "I'll improve or compromise." What they're saying is, "Men need to improve and compromise."

I have zero sympathy.

>Mostly bitches blabbing something about cops, medication, or some other shit.
wait a minute. that sounds like my wife.

This is 100% backwards. Women NEVER leave one relationship without another man waiting in the wings.

Haha, what's wrong with axe wielding maniacs?
Women, eh..

she hot?
good pain tolerance?

Seriously, why the fuck are there so many shills on Sup Forums? Who is orchestrating this? Yes, I know, "(((them)))" but who specifically? It's pissing me off.

ikr
They bitch about wanting some excitement in their lives.
Stupid cunts never know what they want.

Those ARE the men.

No, I agree with you complete. See my second reply. These whining bitches are in the position they are because they put themselves there. And at our age, they can't find a date, while guys our age don't get enough sleep because of the endless supply of pussy that is suddenly available to us.

I was just saying at our age, they're correct: men have something else lined up before the last one is over, while the women have trouble even finding a date

>sassy
>sophisticated
>sexy
>solvent
>solvent
>solvent
>solvent
>solvent

isn't this completely opposite? only women think about the next relationship while they're already in one