What are some potential problems with genetic engineering?

What are some potential problems with genetic engineering?

>Gurley pets are created
>womeb are made obsolete
>women die out
Wait, no, that's a solution not s problem.

humans have a history of utilizing undertested technologies to disastrous effects

>humanity dies out
shiet

>turn women into perfectly submissive 2D girls with a few characteristics of animals (nekomimi, Tails)
>3D women get BTFO due to the impossible competition

The Jews will manage to fuck it up like they did with everything else they have touched.

>implying you need women for breeding
1) that is a function of Gurleys, note the word "obsolete". You obviously don't even know what they are.
2) we have machines for that anyway. Dumbass

I wanna fuck that cheetah loli

She is a serval, its her name even.

Something wrong with old PC monitors? I've got a few around me right now.

It is the most complex piece of "spaghetti code" known to us, and there are people who believe themselves smart enough to edit it without undertanding it fully.
We already know what will happen: extinction.
We need a geneticist to sit down with old-school CS guys and have their folly explained to them.
If they persist the "researchers" and "scientists" will need to be arrested and imprisoned for life.
The charge: attempted genocide.
If they actually edited a gene before implantation then they need to be executed for actual genocide.

Changing a gene with the intent to remove said gene from the human gene pool is genocide and needs to be treated as such.

Would make boipussy the superior pussy desu.

Don't you think you're being a little too harsh?

They wint be able to make catgirls for domestic ownership

No. We already decided the punishment is for both planning and enacting genocide.
The only question is: Is removal of one trait from an organism genocide?
The answer is an unequivocal "yes." Simplify the number of genes down to only three, seeing as the human genome is far too complex for any human to envision the entire thing. Even simplifying the gene names is acceptable: Genes A, B, C, D and E.
Each organism needs three genes, and must have genes A and C.
If we find that D is responsible for IQ, and produces higher IQs only when it follows C and never when preceding another, and begin editing the genes to 'correct' this condition. Have a look at the models over time.

ACE's vanish.
AEC's vanish.
CAB's vanish.
the only thing that will ever exist from the point where editing is begun will be ACD.
That causes the extinction of all the other genetic variations of the organism. It happens quickly because there are so few terms, but increasing the terms only lengthens the extinction timeline, it doesn't eliminate it. As you increase complexity you have to increase the cohort, and as you add in breeding patterns the exponential nature of large numbers kicks in, thus shortening the time line more than you lengthened it.

Further it eliminates diversity as everyone is organisms having the genome pattern of ACD.
Feel free to add to the complexity of the model, but if you run simulations with any weighting to selecting for intelligence (or whatever terms you add) that is above fully random, you will tend towards "genetic homogenaity", thereby making the species as a whole more susceptible to natural "shocks"--ice ages, viruses, bacteria, parasites, nuclear winters, CME direct hits, asteroid-induced mini ice ages, etc.

(trying to write this between work calls, and can't be arsed to proofread it. hopefully it makes sense.)

>Turn animals into cute girl verisons of animals
>Turn cute girls into the cute girl verison of cute girls
AHHHHHHHHHHH

I like that people think "genetic engineering" means real life furries.

kememe bronies FUCK OFF

Good post

(((what do you think?)))

I'm no furry apologist, but this would be a actual human/animal/thing opposed to a retard in a suit who happens to is into beastiality.

much more radiation

>genetically engineered catboys
I see no problems here.

Would it be unethical to take a small piece of human DNA and create a subservient species for the sole purpose of serving humans. Not editing humans, but using a small amount of human DNA to create an entirely new species with the intention of fine tuning it to suit the desires of the creator?

Like niggers but less uppity?

Well, some sacrifices must be made to make the humans even better. If we don't upgrade ourselves we will stagnate, after all, evolution is a very slow method that gives improvements.The other option would be mechanical upgrades to our body, but our genetic problems would still be there, so I don't know, at least give it a shot.

probably

I was thinking more cat girls or an assortment of other domesticated animals as sort of beast sex slaves. Close enough to humans to breed with, but far enough away that it doesn't hurt the gene pool.

Why would you want to breed with them? Make them sterile ffs

You'd want more than one wouldn't you? Would you prefer it's a one then done after it dies deal? You could probably edit the genes for aging or reproduction but to make it completely sterile would just make it nothing more than a living flesh pocket.

Yeah but think of all the nasty incel genes that would get mixed in.

Wtf is a gurley pet? Like a neko girl? When I google I just get the handegg player

True, but that would only increase the value for the good ones. Plus, another species humanity could communicate with that is just far enough away that it would be exotic would be interesting to see. A species created from man, that inherits some of man's qualities, yet is far enough away to blur the ethics and the concept of human rights.

you'd be getting a dose of X-rays every time you used one

same thing thats happening with healthcare,

lets say someone can genetically engineer something retarded like corn to taste like chocolate

there will now be a monopoly

I'm pretty sure he's referring to feminine pets that satisfy all of your sexual desires. Basically, a women that would be a pet to a certain extent.

The evangelicals will just ban it for humans. Meanwhile China uses it to its full effect and wipes us out economically. Yes let's die out but don't worry we had the moral high ground the whole time.

fugg I really don't want to move to China

Like they'd let you move there as a ORIGINAL V1 HUMAN when their population is already fully HUMAN+ 2.0.

But you don't know what the LONG TERM EFFECTS might be of eating GMOs. I mean sure it's been going on for decades and there's no scientific evidence that it does anything harmful but I feel suspicious about it!

I think you are onto something here burgerbro...

But if you implement change in the first place, its not a singular event. Its continuous.
The gene coding can be stored, and the blueprint code can be drawn from either to adapt the organism to the current circumstance in accordance with the original design(s), or to reintroduce genes that would increase its chance for survival via diversity.

Furthermore, to remove a trigger gene is being able to remove a toxin from the pool rather than hoping the toxin would be diluted out over time with volume.

It's only a matter of time.

this logical, If I remember my biology lessons right. Then the male is the one contributing the gene that decides a gender. So even If the first born is female and is compatible with human DNA then there is a great chance gen 2 is a male.

>when you just want cute catgirls but you get this happening pic related

I can't answer that quickly. It Venn's with cattle and horses, just starting with a different species at its root. That's a fun question, though.

>to make the humans even better
That's too subjective for me. I can't argue "better" without it being clearly defined, but even then our definition has to apply to events and environments that are well beyond our ability to accurately predict or control.

btw, why nekos have 4 ears?