Mass Effect Andromeda

> Mass Effect Andromeda
> $40 M flop that bankrupted the studio

> on day 1 they release a patch changing main characters face from the right to the left

> many romance and sex scenes available
> one normal (available for male character only, shows nothing)
> inter-racial (female character only)
> lesbian (multiple)
> gay interracial sex (multiple)
> straight inter-species sex (multiple)
> gay inter-species sex and lesbian alien sex (shows tits)
> bestiality + cunnilingus (shows tits, female only)

Glad the company went under but the fact they made the female main character uglier after releasing the game on day one... proves Jewish meddling.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ZP--LcEwmoI
youtu.be/7KWkao73HuU?t=79
pcgamesn.com/mass-effect-andromeda/mass-effect-andromeda-sales-numbers
gamerant.com/mass-effect-andromeda-sales-300/
youtube.com/watch?v=igxLpVN50Ro
youtube.com/watch?v=tO_-ezQBaZ8
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

post the bestiality sex scene m8, otherwise what good are you to me?

But its sooo progresssssiiiiiveeeeeee reeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

people protested with their wallets

SJWs are a dying breed

#MAGA

Real good idea to shrig off 3 games of story telling to go do this spin off. Fuck bioware EA for giving this IP to an inexperienced team

> on day 1 they release a patch changing main characters face from the right to the left
This didn't happen.

Agreed. If the developers are THAT out of touch with reality that they believe thats shit people are craving to see. "Omg he's so progressive making passionate love to that cute little animal"

Is there an article anywhere that details precisely how many copies were sold, and how much, if any, money they lost?

Also,
>>one normal (available for male character only, shows nothing)
Dude, it's maybe the only actually lewd scene.
Shows the ass and tits of the girl you bang.

>> on day 1 they release a patch changing main characters face from the right to the left

didnt happen. release face was always the same

Bunch of idiots... Shepard had become a pop culture icon and they throw it all away.

>he thinks I was joking
POST THE SCENE, YOU NIGGER.
>tits
gay
>ass
hm okay

Mass Effect has always been a completely creatively bankrupt Star Trek clone that went to shit with ME2, and buried the franchise with 3.
Andromeda was just the last nail in the coffin.

Because he fucking died.
And no, Superman is a pop culture icon, Super Mario is a pop culture icon, Iron Man is a pop culture icon, Shepard was a fucking nobody that no one who didn't play Mass Effect knew who he was.

I'll stick to my blond haired blue eyed male defeating a literal shitskin (inb4 cartoony crossdressing in TFH and BOTW).

Or you could play actual decent videogames, let me give you a hint, nothing that has been released after 2005.

40m for development, 600m earned. fuck op

I understand you people have your panties in a bunch over this game, but I personally enjoyed it, a lot.

>Because he fucking died.

Like that matters... You literally die in the first 5 minutes of ME2 and get resurrected.

It was Ubisoft open world game #128904715098731098731
There's nothing to it.

So what, resurrect him a second time?

are you telling me i wear panties or are you asking me too

Source on the copies sold?

Yep. Been slowly weening myself off vidya for this reason. I play Dota 2 or Niggerfield 1 when I need my "fix", but Battlefield 1 gets old fast and I suck at mobas in general. I have a few friends who play console every night spamming me with invites. Whats the fucking point anymore?

>So what, resurrect him a second time?

Thank god this worthless franchise is dead.

The combat/Multiplayer and guns are on point with Andromeda. Everything else is crap. If they had these graphics and gameplay with the original development team the game would have been amazing.

wrong

I refuse to pay for new games any more.

I'll always be happy pirating what I can, and playing what is available (hard copy) when the prices have plummeted.

It was an article from Forbes....EA did about 700 million in business during first quarter.....100 million from Mass Effect.

Games don't have to be that good to generate sales. PUBG can be pretty fun, but the graphics, animations, menu UI, all of it is terrible but it still sells a lot because it is pretty fun.

It would be extremely rare for a studio to not make its money back on a AAA title. It doesn't matter how bad a game is in the reviews. A large percentage of people who play video games have no other hobbies so they buy everything regardless of what the reviews say....otherwise, what are they going to do all day?

>the original development team the game would have been amazing.
Oh yeah, that team that produces pieces of shit like Mass Effect 2, Mass Effect 3, Dragon Age 2 and Inquisition would have been great.
Bioware is fucking dead and nobody will miss them.
Either them, or Mass Effect.

meant to say they did not earn 600 million on ME alone.

That is what I do not understand: Everybody with two functioning brain cells knows that the SJWs are a small group and that they have no money.
So, why on earth would you pander to them?

youtube.com/watch?v=ZP--LcEwmoI

>the fact they made the female main character uglier after releasing the game on day one
No, they did this because the mocap/facial animations were fucking horrible
youtu.be/7KWkao73HuU?t=79

giving the game to bioware montreal was a mistake. they had only done mass effect DLC before, not a complete game, and splitting the game between edmonton and montreal was a mistake. also a lot of the good people left leaving inexperienced people on the project.

EA won't cite exact copies sold. the game budget is reported to be $40M, but the estimates are that EA spent a little bit over twice that ($80 to $100M). they won't give out exact sales figures other than that they sold 1.07M copies in the first week and hoped to hit 3M copies sold within a month (which they never confirmed later) .

most telling is that they neglected to mention andromeda at all in the earnings report/stock filings in the quarter after the game came out. because it was a disappointment. they basically gutted what remained of bioware montreal and cancelled all the DLC right off the bat which is a sign on how badly the game flopped.

there is ZERO chance that the game is profitable. you don't start discounting a game by 20%+ within the release week and selling it digitally for 33% off a month after release if the game is a success, and you don't cancel all of the planned DLC and gut the responsible studio if it made money.

The same reason you don't come out with your own real politicial views irl. Once shitlib sjwism takes over a workplace its like a terminal cancer. People who oppose it get fired or at best, shunned from any decision making processes. Good cuckbois get lavished praise.

>Star Trek clone
???
It's a star control 2 clone

the broad strokes of that line of thinking are that by being "inclusive" you're buying social capital to leverage into business deals in the future, like larger angel investors into making a specific propaganda-type title. You embezzle a big chunk of the initial cash yourself to the people at the top, and your worker bees shit out a low-quality product later on, but who cares you got paid and seemed like a great bunch doing it. Apparently this goes on in Hollywood movies alot more than games, but it seems to be starting here and there. I hear Uwe Bolle or Del Toro are famous schemesters in this way you'd have to google it further

You didn't like Dark Souls, Demon's Souls, Dead Rising, Assassin's Creed 2 or Battlefield Bad Company 2? I can't relate with you at all.

no, you're misreading the article.
pcgamesn.com/mass-effect-andromeda/mass-effect-andromeda-sales-numbers

>"Year-on-year growth was driven by the Mass Effect: Andromeda sales, captured in the quarter and by FIFA,” CFO Blake Jorgensen explains. “Digital net sales were $681 million, a new record for the first quarter, and up $113 million on the year-ago period. The increase reflects strength in live services, together with our mobile business. In addition, Mass Effect: Andromeda was a significant contributor. Full game PC and console downloads generated net sales of $111 million, 32% higher than last year. This was driven by Mass Effect: Andromeda sales captured in the quarter.”

they never qualify the percentages. "digital sales" includes phone games and DLC/in app purchases on all platforms.
full game sales on PC and consoles was $111M across every full game they sold on console or PC. They don't break this out into percentages other than saying it was "driven" by andromeda sales. "Driven" could be 5% or 10% or 20%.

sales don't also account for the margin sony/microsoft take on console sales (30% average, probably 20% cut for console maker on EA games due to their size) or the cost of credit card processing/running the origin storefront on PC.

by all visible accounts, EA considers it a flop. they expected to sell 6 to 9 million copies total and 3M opening week:
gamerant.com/mass-effect-andromeda-sales-300/

then there's some NPD data which suggests that andromeda only sold between 3-3.5M copies, which wouldn't allow it to break the $80-$100M budget.

because they can get you fired

My face is tired from reading these posts

this is the way to do it, why pay full price for something half finished that is probably going to be shit anyway, I mean, I have no way of telling if it's going to be good or bad, most games don't do demos anymore and for some reason I can't really bring myself to listen to all those "fair and unbiased" reviewers. In any case, even if it's going to be a great game, there will be at least one or two DLC's + a bunch of patches, there is no reason to buy a single player game full prices at release, when you can get twice as much for half the price a reasonable time later. Multiplayer is another story, but I can only pity you if you are one of the addicts trapped in some MMORPG treadmill or a faggot stupid enough to buy the every years Battelfield/FIFA or whatever. Fuck video games to be honest, applied memetics and politics is way more fun nowadays.

bear in mind everyone who views the post I linked to here, the game on the left is from 2017 on a $40M development budget (plus advertising), while the game on the right had a development budget under $3M in fucking 2007.

BioWare Montreal merged with Motive Studios and Visceral Games to create a new Star Wars game.

all I see when looking at the thumbnail is 4 pajeets

>Stop it boner-NO.jpg.

bestiality, one goal of zionism

>Leaf division
Makes sense now

It's a free country, you are welcome to enjoy garbage.

The best thing about MEA was all the comparisons to Witcher 3, which made me try that game.

I used to think Bioware was good, and maybe they were...once. However, DAI and MEA are mediocre games more concerned with virtue signaling than actual content. Sucks, but thats the case.

Also, how can you enjoy that shitty game?
>blonde chick apologizes to blue chick for cultural appropriation. That shit happened.
>Krogan and girl-varrus talking about being a single parent
>same 3 robots, mean aliens, blue rebels every where you go
>thank goodness an ancient alien species built a magic planet fixer
>can't change out squad weapons
>willy nilly spec system, because you can have it all!!
>meet the trans npc!
>time to shoot giant space robot squid legs...again

I guess it was better than watching paint dry

niches are a thing
The problem is they're pandering to a niche in a medium the niche doesn't actually partake in

And to take it a step further, the niche they are trying to appeal to doesn't really play video games in general. (except the redditors that play MA)

and when you pander to niches, you have to do it in a way that's either inoffensive for the masses, or make sure the game's development budget is contained enough that you make money in the end.

make undertale and want to pander to a niche? doesn't take that many copies to break even. spend tens of millions on a game, almost (or perhaps) 9 digit sums? then you have to make it generally acceptable to a larger population.

that didn't happen with ME:A, which gamers were already cautious about after ME3 being a disappointment.

Bioware is originally from Edmonton, they just went full-overboard PC for their Montreal studio

>remove quality story/gameplay and replace it with progressive bullshiterry
>wonder why 90% of players disliked it
Wwwweeeewwww lladddy

I got it on sale because i like the multiplayer. It's quite seriously the worst animation I have ever seen in a video game period.
Yes the talking is as bad as we all know, but the environment clips, all the npcs look like shit especially the aliens.
The only option to make a white female is a day walking ginger with freckles. All others are of colour.
The only straight relationship for males is with the one character who looks most like a lesbian and even hung out with the lesbian race but for some reason isn't a lesbian. Meanwhile the character who believes in God is a lesbian.
I didn't even have a romantic interest in the story. First bioware game that's ever happened in. Dragon age inquisition came really close but the one girl saved it.
And don't even get me started on the story or how seriously they fucked up exploring a "new" galaxy.
The gameplay like weapons and movement is pretty good so I enjoy multiplayer, but single player is probably the worst game I have ever played.

Anyone ever consider that it's just a fucking terrible game with poor animations?

Vocal minority

I watched that same video. Yeah, clearly Derpy is so much better now with the facial animations.

END OF RINE
RINE END HERE

"Just" is where you failed.

Thanks for posting.

>go to a store
>see it for only 12 dollars

youtube.com/watch?v=igxLpVN50Ro
Don't forget the literally gay Krogan

Who remembers the next-gen call of duty with fish AI getting fucked without lube by 1996 super mario.

Some say her tits grew 3 sizes that day

>Target demographic overtly young white/asian males
>Main character is a lesbian woman who fucks black dudes
>Pushes other SJW bullshit instead of core gameplay mechanics
>Wonders why the went under

>are the animations really that bad?

Has nothing to do with jewish meddling and everything to do with letting your company get overran by nu-male beta cucks who open the door for feminists to take over.

It's not a conspiracy or jewish trick.
They intentionally made all the dudes insanely perfect and good looking and made the females dog shit ugly because everyone there working on this turd was a female.

Once you learn women were involved with most of the game all your questions are answered.
This is a male character
>required no day one patch to make him uglier or prettier

Along with all the other male cast.
It was intentionally made by whores who didn't like the idea of all these beautiful women running around in their lame fantasy so they squandered it purposely so the virgin nerds who loved this series would find absolutely nothing likable about it.

>those comments

youtube.com/watch?v=tO_-ezQBaZ8

This.
Look at Witcher 3. There was a feminist and a transgender in the game but it was a natural part of the story and didn't feel forced. American culture wars are forcing their bullshit into popular culture.

>nu-male beta cucks who open the door for feminists to take over
>Has nothing to do with jewish meddling
user....

Will the real Bioware team handle the sequel or is this spinoff series kill?
Honestly they should get Obsidian to make the next ME instead

yeah. i think the problem is that EA's involvement with bioware became fucking toxic.

ME1 is developed on a shoestring budget of under $3M and is published by microsoft game studios. a month before the game comes out, EA agrees to purchase bioware. EA essentially had nothing to do with the quality or success of Mass Effect 1.

so EA is at the helm and decides to finance a sequel. they decide to build it on the same engine as the original (Unreal Engine 3). bigger budget, a way bigger voice crew, removing annoying shit from 1 (guns having to cool down/the Mako), etc., makes it all more appealing. rehauling means polish. a much larger side cast with individual stories and relationships. the ending has a lot more consequence depending on how well you bonded with your crew. ME2 comes out and despite some complaints of "dumbing it down" it's well received and fans like it, sells like hotcakes. bioware sells the hype that your choices in three will matter like they did in two.

okay, so enter ME3. big budget game, big expectations. it turns out collecting the consequences of your decisions from the first two games in a way that is meaningful is fucking hard. development is behind by march of 2011 (for a holiday 2011 release). they ask and are granted a delay by EA to March of 2012, but still have to get the game out. massive amounts of content are cut

Yeah very funny hahahah you fucking got me let's rant and rave about russians subverting out colleges a million decades ago fucking marxists right ahaaha.
There, I sated your fucking autism, now spare me your shit and fuck off.

They really should just turn Mass Effect into a hardcore sex RPG

what in 7 hecks is this?

Worst I've ever seen in any game of any generation.
I stuck helmets on everyone at all times just so I didn't have to look at their mouths.
Movement is fucked up beyond all reason. The way textures expand and contract is super unnatural and makes everyone look like they're made of dough.
Anything that moves in the environment like machinery or something just clips through the world around it.

Lmao, more or less how its going down.

forgot how they fucked up the ending of the previous title? devs said, they wanted the player to feel bad with their shit.

this

>he

Femshep was best shep, this is undeniable.

As for the content, it's made by committee.

It looks considerably better after the subsequent patches, but they basically shipped an incomplete game and beta-tested it on their users. Probably EA is to blame.

right was an improvement. She doesn't look like she's a stoned autist

You're right, all of this shit with feminists and nu-males popped up out of no where and is being shoved down our throats for no real reason. Thank god we have such intelligent people like you here to show us the light.
Whatever, I never played these games so it doesn't effect me. Enjoy.

2005 was a shit year for vidya but you are setting the bar too early. 2010 is the hard stop.

I was a huge critic of mass effect 3.
But going back to it after playing this shit is amazing.
It's so much better in every way. Even the terrible parts like the space ninja and the ending are fantastic compared to this piece of shit.

Good theory, but one fatal flaw.. What could a woman possibly be doing at a tech company? How did they make these characters uglier? Made the men do it?

here, continued
>javik is cut and was originally central to the plot of the game
>originally javik would be a mandatory encounter earlier in the game, and Javik would say the citadel itself was the catalyst, which the Illusive man would then discover, and then invade the citadel to gain control of it. instead, in the shipped game, Cerberus invades the citadel for no real reason.
>original ending feature the Illusive man basically mirroring saren from ME1 and being a reaper boss on the citadel, but they say it is too "videogame like" and instead the final ending is cookie cutter with the starchild and color coded push button ending choices with no real consequence
>originally a dark end where the beam rush killed basically all of your squadmates with a reaper laser (dependent on certain game choices). instead they all just end up on the normandy at the end. the extended cut solves this crappily.

anyhow ME3 is released, fans are suckered into buying it, and the shitty ending ruins the emotional investment in the franchise. the backlash makes EA realize they need to rehabilitate the IP even though 3 was a success, so they put it to the backburner for five years to give the reputation time to heal and convince fans that it's worth it.

so we hibernate the IP for a few years. they start brainstorming on how to make the game unique in late 2012 over criticisms in the stale formula. they say, OK, Mass Effect 1 promised exploration, but the Mako sucked and the exploration was fucking boring. let's make exploration work. they setttle on a no man's sky procedural generation. they decide on a sequel to the ME trilogy instead of a prequel (which makes sense, it's hard to write prequels without getting trapped in your past choices).

so they spend 2 years on this NMS style game, but they hand it off primarily to bioware montreal. Edmonton is the original studio with far more experience.

>Those shitty plant meshes

Having actually played the game I haven't even found any of the romances in 40h, but once you got to the last planet it has become quite clear that the whole development team was switched at some point when maybe 1/4 or less of the game was done, and it included a complete change in focus as well including extremely badly done writing and animation. There are certain elements in the background or at places which seem to have been done before the development team switch and then a lot including the main enemy and a great deal of the writing which was done by the incredibly incompetent second team.

Just read isekai light novels user.

I can already tell that it will incredibly bad if its developed by the same team that did most the work on ME.

>Witcher 3
Great game. Lots of things SJW's would love but it wasn't about ideology it was an intrinsic part of the story
>Abortion
>Trans
>Feminist girl with superpowers who's bisexual

>thousands of fans: "We like . Please make another one."
>tiny minority: " is fucking horrible and offends us! Change it next time!"
>*panders to tiny minority*
What ever could go wrong with this brilliant plan?

how did we go from THIS

to cut a long story short, the procedural generation doesn't work and bioware realizes this. unlike ME2 and ME3 where development fell behind, they now have dumped a ton of shit onto something that is essentially unusable.

on top of this bioware has been a better studio with lore and script design than technically, and they're forced to use a new engine (DICE's frostbite) on the project, which is far harder to work with than unreal engine.

since montreal doesn't have the resources edmonton has to help. edmonton thought montreal was fucking it up and didn't know what they wanted, montreal thought that edmonton was trying to sink them, steal ideas, etc... and the game development becomes miserable. many leave by the end of 2014, including casey hudson. Mac walters (writer for earlier games) replaces casey as the creative director.

they basically realize that the current concept doesn't work and they basically have to scrap the entire game. production is so far behind that the tools to properly use the game don't exist as the game leaves preproduction. by mid-2015 they realize that most of their concepts will not be polished enough to make it in the game. the decision to abandon the prior concepts comes only at the end of 2015, basically leaving Bioware a year to salvage a workable game.

they start the content cutting. many planets generated procedural to a couple dozen to just seven. the development and writing teams have to deal with the scope cuts. it leaves the stories, quality of the levels, and the animations/cinematics in shambles.

EA also farms out some of the work due to the development studios, including facial animation. the entire game is essentially developed in about 15 months (far from the typical 2-3 year development cycle). frostbite continues to cause regressions as a game engine (e.g. something works, and later in development falls apart).