What the fuck happened in Europe after WWI that caused artists to devolve into "modern" shit? It cant be the Jews

What the fuck happened in Europe after WWI that caused artists to devolve into "modern" shit? It cant be the Jews

It was Jews

Communism

I always thought the artist was cross eyed or something

Just another name for Judaism

Absurd and abstract art has constantly grown since the invention of the camera.

Jews.

So why did it peak in the 50s and then stop? Or do you consider the specks of paint on white canvas today still "art"?

Immanuel Kant

Proximity to death, an awareness of mortality. Led by dada-ists( Frances Picabia Is your main bro here, pretty much invented analog photoshopped) art transitioned away from the classic paradigm, and was replaced by a combination of new processes (acrylic paint, photography) and a new ways of thinking about art (conceptual rather than representational). I am simplifying, but these are hot truths, so choke them down.

It was the jews

You must make a killing art-selling with your bullshit

money laundering

also a conspiracy to destroy the notions of art and beauty in an attempt to demoralize and weaken the human spirit

Cameras

Shell shock. Look up dada art. No one escaped WW1 unchanged.

Are you the kind of sweaty chinstrap that argues with doctors because you have opinions?

Miles Mathis has a lot to say about this, worth reading

>Picasso
shit taste, Dali was /ourpainter/

M'Man.

This is plausable

This is true art. The shit OP posted looks like what i could make in paintSAI in 2 minutes while stoned and drunk

Self doubt after allegedly cultured civilizations all chimp out to engage in what had been the deadliest war in Human history -- a war by any means and every means -- where concepts like god and honor died in the mud like rats

That is why WW I was the start of modernity as we know it

Sup Forumsestine blames everything on Jews but the fact is that there was an overwhelming sense of nihilism in Europe that prompted this type of painting.

Existential crisis and a loss of faith in tradition, god, and everything they once held dear.

A world war over nothing followed by a 2nd world war dorectly caused by the first will do that to people.

Hows that art history degree working out?

Dali is fuckin great

Is not even the best he did

>after WWI

Painting like shit, and pretending it was due to some deep meaning rather than the fact that the painter lacked talent, started long before WW1.

And it wasn't the Jews, since they're generally incapable of creativity, but many of the art critics who praised this garbage WERE Jews.

my printscreen button can copy dali paintings too. what does that matter? its not about how hard it is, its what visionary viusals it invents. Nobody did like picasso before he did it.

No complaints. I work in my industry, and am happy. Main thing here is that idiots in ANY pursuit make the rest of us look bad. Just because you have a box of cunts that are phoning it in for an easy, worthless degree doesn't mean that there isn't value beneath the scum floating at the top.

Once people realized you could sell more art if you attached a shit ton of ethereal 'ideas' to it, people started going that way. Art became more about the idea than the physical object. Being 'creative' or 'groundbreaking' was more important than being talented or exacting. It became about the painter/sculptor/artiste. Were they intriguing? Were they intellectual? Were they stylish, stoic, etc? Then whatever they make must be good! The enigma of the artist is surely imbued into this painting somehow, and this work must be 'important'! I'll pay $45,000 just to own a chunk of driftwood that he ejaculated onto, then signed.

Jews

Then im happy for you user

life was getting absurd

so art got more absurd

and into absurdity we dove

deep

You're a total queef without any understanding of art or its history.

it was the Jews

>Untitled IV
Acid splashed on copper plate. Here, [artist] explores the use of lines of staggered length, and negative space, and how it causes drippy patterns, alluding to the cultural absurdity of having regular lines or people who think this should cost tens of thousands of dollars and take up space in a museum.

Kind of... art donation as a tax break is when shit fell of the rails. Read about what's up in Canada right now with the Geddes donation, if you want a clearer idea of who's profiting from the over-evaluaton of art.

Damn first two posts hit the nail on the head.

Great, you've reinvented post-modernism by being a sarcastic saltlord. Do you get the check, or shall I mail it care of your mom?

Try again. Pic very fucking much related.

No need. Took my parents to the local art museum last year when they came to visit, and we wound up having a variety of interesting discussions as we spent the day going working from ancient artifacts up through modern art.

Things really seemed to go downhill not too long after impressionism. Although the year before I brought them to this really cool experiential set of exhibits by invited artists. We had a blast there, and it was refreshingly back to a focus on the experience of the art rather than who could come up with the snarkiest 10 layers of sarcasm concept.

Peggy Guggenheim was a major patron of the arts, who was able to fund the likes of Picasso, Duchamp, and the rest of the modernist movements. She was Jewish.

There were non Jew artistic influences like the impressionists and post impressionists. But Jews funded and promoted it.

(((Freud))) and Jung heavily influenced many artists too. Lots of straight up mentally ill people were taking up art.

Modern art can be kinda interesting from a detached perspective. Deconstructing the genuine intentions yet pseudo-intellectualism of each modern art movement can be amusing.

Postmodernism definitively ended art though. Modern art was trying to express ideals, and pose questions. Postmodernism sought to destroy ideals and invalidate genuine inquiry.

Warhol killed art.

With context this piece is kinda dope.

>Y -> X
>What the fuck happened to X? It can't be Y.

Come to think of it, the older stuff often had more elaborate and insightful analyses accompanying them for us peasants to gain some greater insight into the meaning, intention, and import behind each particular work or genre.

That got more rare the further we got into modern absurdism, even though some of it was strangely catchy for its ambiguity.

Hitler is admired more for his role as the leader of the Third Reich and not his painting per-se.
;^)

I think he did a good job painting the Jews for the menace that they are.

Part of it was the fact that WWI just happened and people were freaking out/depressed about it.

Someone elucidate me on WWI, what did the Jews have to do about it?

>its not about how hard it is, its what visionary viusals it invents
what does it matter if the novel is trash?

>ideas and communication spread to a global scale
>expect culture to stay localized and static

That is the stupidest insult - you really projected your art major ITT

Some people like it XD

Reminder that shit memes are on the same level as Picasso and Dali

well i mean novel and interesting. Some things can look trash, but then they are often inspiration for later stuff. like a first bad draft for a concept. This can even leak out to other mediums like films

>He took a modern course in university
Holy shit me toooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

in the future people will say " why are these memes so bad quiality , i can make them in 2 min in paint", we are living in meme modernism

they wont respect orginality and the guys that are the first to come up with the idea, sad

Thank you.

*Modern Art course

Nothing happenned, art has always been about money laundering. The only thing that matters about "art" is that it is easily identifiable, quality is irrelevant and always has been

/thread
Jews also caused communism.

LMAO well put

Explain Italian Futurism

t. blind person or low in openess trait

ive heard some people cant even enjoy nice things, must be a weird life to live

Underrated,

Anyone have the pic of the "this post is art" post?

It was caused by driving cars and taking planes and trains..people before using these means of transport weren't so creative and bizarre

i am drugs AND fascism.

Artists realized that they didn't have to invest in developing their craft to be successful. They realized they could just randomly eat food coloring and shit all over a canvas and convince some signaling faggot to pay even more money than usual for it

Some people just want to vaguely try to express stuff

Instead of looking at the history of art or artists, look at the history of people who buy art.

You're welcome for the redpill

But I'm not in it for the money

WTF that's not what trees and rocks and water REALLY LOOK LIKE
AHHHHHHHHHHH

Everything after Romanticism was trash prove me wrong.
>pro tip: you can't

People still paint Jesus n' stuff like that btw.

The love of money is the root of all evil.

I want to fuck that painting

It went from creating what a camera would not be able to capture to rich art collectors buying bullshit they think would retain/increase in value

all human creation is a conspriarcy!! thanks for redpill, lets just watch tv instead

What about this guy?

>Prove me wrong
>Protip you cant
The epitome of modernist thought

I have this dumb idea and this painting represents it perfectly, and there is no way you can deny that it does, coz I the artist say so.

If youre an /artist/ and garbage sells and sells well.
Will you not make garbage?
Extrapolate that out a few decades and now \artists\ think garbage is the new classics

>What the fuck happened in Europe after WWI that caused artists to devolve into "modern" shit? It cant be the Jews
Retard, the crappy picture you posted is by Pablo Picasso who was, in fact, a kike.

>every day is arms day

Guy looks like a faggy hedonist to me, would not fuck.
Give me a painting of an ascetic holy-man so I can be rid of all this sinfulness.

Right here.

looks like a photo that some hippie artsy girl would take. onlye difference is that this is painted. but visually as pixels it doesnt make much difference. Dont you find it a bit boring and cliche?

90% of the painters here couldn't even lace the boots of a true master, such as pic related

It's pretty hard to deny that Renaissance art is top tier.

I saw this painting at an art museum owned by a JEW!!!!!!!!!!!

I liked it, I think it's neato.

Better fuck her quick, user, she'll be dead before that boat reaches the next house down the river.

>pablo picasso could draw classically at 12 years old better than most people can 50 years into their career
The fact is that most modern artist visionaries of the late 19th century and early 20th century were bord of conventional methods of expression