FBI arrests 'WannaCry' ransomware thwarter Marcus Hutchins on hacking charges

Hutchins gained international renown for detecting a "kill switch" which effectively shut down the WannaCry global ransomware attack in May. He was detained by the FBI in the US state of Nevada on charges unrelated to WannaCry.

dw.com/en/fbi-arrests-wannacry-ransomware-thwarter-marcus-hutchins-on-hacking-charges/a-39959207

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.fo/L2fXU
youtube.com/watch?v=8_QnE9-iK80
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

archive.fo/L2fXU

It is THE CURRENT YEAR and we still have laws like these, what a joke.

Looks like a nog. I hope they string him up.

If you looked up "kike" in the dictionary, it'd have a picture of this frizzy-haired fuck next to it

I always thought that that cunt was behind it.

There's a word for this technique, where they drum up bullshit charges on people they want to "put away" for other things they did which were legal

Mystery meat hacker

Why would they want to put him away for stopping wannacry?

hillary being a criminal is so obvious, that even a potato realizes this

also wtf is up with that beard

>why would they want to put him away for disabling their falseflag hackbot
>why would they want to put him away for interfering with their desire to shut down bitcoin
>why would they want to put him away for interefering with their internet control scare tactics

hmm gee, I wonder why...

>archive.fo/L2fXU

Doing God's work user.

This makes me think those stupid "FBI is freezing your browser, gib 500 bucks" pages are actually the FBI after all making a shit cash grab attempt.

According to Sup Forums, race mixed people are subhuman mongrels who have a low IQ due to muh "regression to the mean" meme

How does Sup Forums explain that this subhuman is more intelligent than you are?

HIS NAME WAS SETH RICH

youtube.com/watch?v=8_QnE9-iK80

They're making an example out of him. "Stop fucking with the FBI's shady business or else."

my fucking sideees

It is how the government conscripts these hacker types because they would not otherwise seek government employment. A lot of the former members of anonymoose are probably alphabet agency employees now.

>bolice arresst you
>produce hard drive of windows 10 install loaded with pictures from your facebook
>also contains "evidence" to convict you of hacking and CP and being a Russian
current year

under bumped

what happens when reddit gets ahold of anything

Good bait bean nigger.
Have a (you)

>charges unrelated to WannaCry.
I don't think they arrested him for that.

rip Eric Andre

Aw, I glanced at the title and thought they caught the ones that made it

WannaCry wasn't even down for an entire afternoon

Civil race war nao

Just because he did a white hat thing, doesn't mean he hasn't also done black hat things.

Pretty fucking stupid of them to prosecute instead of hire, though.

get ready commiefornia

Reddit + CIA =
>pic related... re:

It's nothing to do with Wannacry (although 3 bitcoin wallets associated with that attack were emptied a couple of days ago), it's do with with Kronos Trojan he made and sold.

He's a creep that deserves to be locked up.

>He's a creep that deserves to be locked up.

Literally everyone to do with that side of the tech spectrum is a creep.

It's unavoidable. If you want to be good at it, you have to have played bad.

There is no other way to get good at it.

>prosecute instead of hire
user, they always do both with hackers. Get them incriminated so they need to serve you loyally or their life is ruined.

Arrest or enslave to work for them under the threat of pound me in the ass prison if he decides to complain?

real life elliot is too niggish wtf i hate mr robot now

NOPE

ABSOLUEY NOTHING SUSPICIOUS HERE

i dunno man, malware researches are clearly into malware

AN EXECUTIVE USING LINUX!?

Doesnt sound right. Sounds like hes being recruited under cover of being arrested.