Texas is passing a law on September 1st that allows people to open carry bladed weapons of any size...

Texas is passing a law on September 1st that allows people to open carry bladed weapons of any size. Thoughts and what weapon will you be carrying? Pic related. It's an estoc, a great two handed thrusting sword.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=aBGB8ngvggs
crscientific.com/texas-glassware.html
youtu.be/PYfUvW_3C3U
youtube.com/watch?v=iu-7DXBiVsA
nydailynews.com/news/national/johns-hopkins-student-kills-burglary-suspect-samurai-sword-article-1.379810
youtube.com/watch?v=zB3ju4Bgdn0
youtu.be/Qt2r3zDufcQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

>m'lady

if you're an adult texan and you don't carry a gun, you're a faggot and should leave america and go to cuckada.

Gotta have a sword where you can punch people with the guard.

It's like a 17th century pistol whip

Do yourself a favor and take a few weeks in a HEMA class before you start buying swords. You're going to cut your fucking ear off or something.

And Texas is in the South, so a saber is the only acceptable answer.

thats sick I'm moving to texas as soon as possible.

My family heirloom katana of course

A broadsword can be blunt and still impale/delimb people

finally we can slay the reptillain elites with our huge bladed weapons

the only sword worth swinging
DEUS VULT!!

Even a blunt synthetic Norse axe can break someone's leg. I'm against kiddies with no experience getting swords to swing around for the same reason I'm against sixteen-year olds holding a Tec-9 sideways.

honestly, ive always assumed "open carry" implied EVERY self-defense / weapon was allowed. wish i had the screencap of that swedish duelist guy with an eyepatch

+2 to rodent enemies

No one knows how to use a rapier anymore
Just carry around a war axe like the newfaggots that you are

A good ol' fashioned rapier and a stiletto

The crossguard and pommel would actually be more effective as a bludgeoning weapon as the have lower surface area and the movement used would be similar to a throwing motion which gives more force than a punch.
I'm actually quite experienced in swordsmanship as I took classes in fencing in middle and high school, which is why I chose a thrusting weapon. Should take a little practice to get used to and yeah HEMA would be good for a lot of people.

This should make life more interesting

This desu. Don't be a faggot user.
>Something something knife in a gunfight

estoc cancer pls go

It's 2017.

>using a two handed sword for thrusting

R1 R1 R1 R1 R1

Underrated post.

but if everyone else is armed with a knife, you now have a sword in a knifefight.

>haha based Texas amirite haha
Don't bother removing Mexicans or anything. You've got important things like sword carrying to worry about

Thinking of carrying my abysal whip

My god ... it's full of stars.

I shall be euphorically wielding a 2.5m 3000 times folded authentic Edo Era Katana forged by Swordmaster Shinji Yamamoto from the Kansai province.
I expect you lowly chr*stian unelightened neanderthals to stay out of my way as I stroll through my dominion.
Any of you who wish to delay my enlightened travels shall feel the cold hard steel of my katana wielded by the hand of a master trained in 5 years of Kendo and 4 of ninjistsu.
See you on the streets scum.
Pic related, me and my blade.

sucks to suck; flyover

>haha but I can cut my burrito freshly made by Paco with my claymore it's so epic

>Texas is passing a law on September 1st that allows people to open carry bladed weapons of any size.

Wish I was a Texan...

Non-texanfag here
I've had some longsword training but who wants to carry a big ass sword around everywhere? Sabre is probably more practical and stylish

rapier for raping the jew enemy.

Fuck yes

>Sup Forums is always on about preserving European culture and traditions
>they don't do HEMA

youtube.com/watch?v=aBGB8ngvggs

Now, if only duels were legal again

Can't wait to move to Texas and carry one on my back dressed as fucking Gandalf all day. Man this is gonna be great.

Is dueling allowed in Texas? I want to visit and see everyone with swords like an RPG.

f-f-for real? a-user s-senpai???

No one else is confused as fuck about the fact that it wasn't already legal? HOW LONG HAVE YOU CHILI NIGGERS HAD OPEN CARRY?! Why in the goddamned fuck would it be legal to carry a gun but not a fucking machete?

Texas, land of the retards, where you carry a sword, but need a permit to buy a test tube.

crscientific.com/texas-glassware.html

It's not just swords either we can have spears aswell

pic non-related but should be a staple fro any Texan

Do you have a pic of the sword, fellow Nippon?

Texas needs to start some shinsengumi style death squads. The day of the rope comes early for them.

>carting around a fucking sword when if someone wants to harm u the person can just shoot u in the fucking face
wow so cool and edge

BESTOC

tbqh we already could and nobody fuckin cared but now it's official so yay.

>I want to visit and see everyone with swords like an RPG.
I think Japan's going to be hit by that kind of insanity first.
When nuclear war sends the entire world back to the middle ages, I think the Japs are just going to be too fucking done with it all to do anything but make a real life FFXIV. They'll probably recover whatever genetic engineering tech there is at that point and then put a bunch of giant trees and cat girls everywhere.

Is Texas trying to catch up with real states like New Hampshire that have had this for years? Texas is one fucking election away from losing guns.

ha ha time to bust out my fucking halberd

There's a reason cops keep a person with a knife more than 10' away

Halberd or gtfo

They just got open carry this year. Texas is a fake wannabe state

>not a Bowie knife
pls

Are these also included in the bill?

Awe fuck off with this shit to /k/ user. This is a Congolese Jenkem brewers board and we don't like weapons!

I'm from Idaho and I can say Texas is cucked having lived there before. You've always been able to carry swords here in based Idaho and you can conceal carry without a permit. Texas is the cockservative capital of America. Wooptie doo you finally passed something that us more civilized states banned in the first place.

Let's see Muhammad try to declare sharia law on my Poleaxe!

It's a thrusting sword, not a katana

I dont think those were illegal in the first place user

Time to get me a Patton Sabre

can we honestly expect some self defense breaking news articles over the next year?

Jews fear the weaboo.
youtu.be/PYfUvW_3C3U

DESU Someone with any sort of blade can do serious harm before anyone can realistically react. They might not live, but you definitely won't.

youtube.com/watch?v=iu-7DXBiVsA

No senpai, I'm still waiting for their prices to fall, don't start a rush.

It's already happened before
nydailynews.com/news/national/johns-hopkins-student-kills-burglary-suspect-samurai-sword-article-1.379810

RIP young warrior you will be missed :(

>mfw I just realized how redpilled berserk actually is

I think if you were jogging a claymore on your back would be the way to go, normal walking sword would be a cutlass.

>a sword
>texas

yeah uhhh.

Awesome!

youtube.com/watch?v=zB3ju4Bgdn0

Like this...

youtu.be/Qt2r3zDufcQ

Nigger, Berserk has an entire story arc where Demonic Arabs invade the fantasy europe where the story takes place

They LITERALLY have a rape pit where women are bred to give birth to more arab demons

every single fucking map of yellowstone destruction is vastly different. think ill make one and see if it appears here.

I just have to make it portable somehow now.

Since TMNT Sai's are my weapon of choice

the one with the trigger on the finger

I loved that movie! That was the reason I started playing with Swords.

I just got my hands on a katana so I guess that but I'd rather have a sabre or gladius.

Any restrictions about girth and size?

>you will never have catgirls in your group doing quests.

why live?

theres only one right answer

From what I've seen it allows all bladed weapons as opposed to only things under 5.5 inches.

Are you allowed to have that? I thought swords were forbidden.

Odachi, katana are supposed to be 2.5 cubits

50' or further if holstered

Ka'plah

Well you can open carry a firearm so why not affix a bayonet.

That's not the point. If you want maximum damage you just hit them with the blade. The guard punch is a warning shot.

why not use a spear no knife can win against that

One of em

A throwing knife can

Given a long enough rifle and bayonet, it's pretty much a spear. A spear that can shoot bullets.

Kek the Brazilian spear chucker just got BTFO

i would fuckin take that up in a heartbeat, lest i bring dishonor on my family

not if you carry a shield dummies what are you samurai?