Perdue appoints SJW as dean of ENGINEERING

Inb4 they build bridges that collapse and blame it on internalized misogyny

jamesgmartin.center/2017/08/engineering-education-social-engineering-rather-actual-engineering/

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=vrt6msZmU7Y
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Actual publications by the new dean:

>Riley, D., Pawley, A., Tucker, J., and Catalano, G.D. "Feminisms in Engineering Education: Transformative Possibilities." National Women's Studies Association Journal, (August 2009).

>Riley, D. Engineering and Social Justice. San Rafael, CA: Morgan and Claypool (2008).

>Riley, D. and Sciarra, G.L. "'You're all a bunch of fucking feminists': Addressing the Perceived Conflict Between Gender and Professional Identities Using the Montreal Massacre." Proceedings of the Frontiers in Education Conference, October 28–31, San Diego, CA (2006).

>Riley, D. M., and Claris, L. "Power/Knowledge: Using Foucault to promote critical understandings of content and pedagogy in engineering thermodynamics." ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, June 18 - 21, Chicago, IL (2006).

>Riley, D. and Armstrong, E. "Common Ground: How a course collaboration between engineering and women's studies produced fine art." ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, June 12-15, Portland, OR (2005).

>Chesler, N. and Riley, D. "The Art of Engineering: Using fine arts to discuss the lives of women faculty in engineering." ASEE Annual Conference Proceedings, June 20-23, Salt Lake City, Utah (2004).

>Riley, D. "Employing Liberative Pedagogies in Engineering Education." Journal of Women and Minorities in Science and Engineering, 9(2): 137-158 (2003).

>Riley, D. "Sex, Fear and Condescension on Campus: Cybercensorship at Carnegie Mellon University." Wired_Women: Gender and new realities in cyberspace. L. Cherney and E.R. Weise, eds. Seattle: Seal Press, 1996.

men BTFO

They're going to kill people.

No problem. Not sure how good it was before, but either they just killed their engineering program. Plenty of other good ones out there though so their loss of both valuable prospective students and most of all alumni.

Thermodynamics is a subjective experience, apparently

I studied at graduate level there. The school is absolute shit and already full of talentless women profs. and staff who have been ruining the school for years now.

>Perdue
>There's a college for chickens

I think you mean Purdue, user.

yes i made a typo, thanks

I'm surprised Mitch Daniels would have any part of this shit.

BREAKING NEWS:
Perdue engineering grads no longer able to get jobs

>build bridges not walls!
>can't build either because math is racist

Still have one of the best Agro science and veterinary programs in the country, so at least there's that.

It's almost as if all these schools with great credentials want to purposely become shitty ghetto schools

wonderful. This is actually what happens in the real world nowadays if you work for a large company. Your boss won't know anythign about engineering at all and doesn't deserve to be your boss, but hey it's justice.

I wonder if they'll push it so hard that one day America will lose their spot as the best research and higher education country.

Picture it, a few more years of this bullshit and it'll all go overseas to Korea, Japan, and China

FUCKING SJW NIGGERS FUCKING HELL GOD FUCKING DAMN IT I GET MORE AND MORE ANGRY EVERY TIME I SEE THESE LITERAL RETARDS RUINING SOMETHING
FUCKING REEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE

>interaction engineer

human resources isnt pc anymore?

>using Foucault
>ever

For fucks sake when will it stop
youtube.com/watch?v=vrt6msZmU7Y

My bad, I didn't mean/try to be a dick about it. I just figured it was better me than some leftist grammar nazi using it as misdirection in the thread.

These morons are going to get people killed. they really are.

soon. now that engineering is compromised the literal foundations of civilization will crumble

Application Rates Plummet, Administrators Baffled

Someone needs to get this bitch fired before they get people killed. Mud does not make a good support beam for sky scrapers, sorry niggers.

>going to purdue for M.E. PhD. this fall

FUCK

Niggers can't think abstractly, so they can't understand Thermodynamics. Better just scrap thermodynamics so that niggers can build too!

Something something end times.

Engineer is an SJW tier major these days, STEM cucks always over exaggerate the workload. Sure its harder than liberal arts but its nothing special. My cousin actually works in engieering and doesn't have a degree, yet out ranks the engineering grads because they're fucking retarded and don't have real life experience.

Purdue fag here. Not an engineer but that is our claim to fame. RIP my alma mater's academics.

>Trump can't MAGA if all the engineers are retarded.

Social Engineering!

Anon5 was right again.

>t. Powerless brainlet

Watch there attendence fall to nothing now. Just like evergreen. The world hates SJWs

They really are trying to make _Atlas Shrugged_ non-fiction.

Actually this is true. Engineers are some of the laziest motherfuckers ive ever met, and in 90% of cases they will do work that has no relevance to what they learned in school. In fact its mostly work that could be accomplished by simply training the already existing technicians. Additionally theres been such a strong push for women in the field that theyve really lowered the bar at a lot of companies. Add the fact that the field has been absolutely flooded by H1B's and you realize that the E part of STEM has fallen

:0

Geology will always be red pulled you filthy fuck

>Thermodynamic is a subject area in engineering that is deeply relevant, as it deals with energy use in society
>it deals with energy use in society
NOT IT DOESN'T!
IT DEALS WITH THERMAL ENERGY MOVING THROUGH A PHYSICAL SYSTEM!

YOU FUCKING MORON!

Check your abstract thinking privilege

Nah. You need 4 years experience before you can vet and authorize projects. Only 5% of what engineers learn in college actually gets used in the real world.

Engineering is a garbage degree that has the least applications to real life. Most people don't know that.

In five years when Perdue's nationally respected engineering program becomes a laughing stock and alumni pull millions of funding out of the program, I'm sure they'll look back and wonder where it all went wrong.

Only 5% of what they learned in school gets used on the job site. They are not lazy, but their degree is garbage.

Inb4 escalators starting eating white people.

Electrician here and I school electrical engineers daily at work.

These.
This is the camel's nose in the tent.
SJW influence in STEM is like niggers going to europe because it's better than the shit-hole they came from, but instead of lifting up society they'll drag it down just like the feminists will.
Either Purdue will see attendance drop, or it'll be filled with incompetents, and the dean will insist on relaxing academic standards and passing idiots who can't do math or engineering.
A few years down the road, anyone in a hiring position who reads the news will know Purdue grads will be crap. Unless HR is also filled with SJW parasites.

Do they all act like theyre hot shit because theyre engineers?

Unfortunately, he kinda has to go SJW for a lot of issues if he wants to stay on top, the libs on campus would eat him alive if he didn't, such is life at a public university. At least he's done some pretty awesome things like keeping tuition frozen for the past few years.

The problem is this isn't just a problem with Purdue, it's becoming endemic to the STEM field as a whole in America. And you're absolutely right that they're going to start dropping standards, I already started to see it when I went to school. You're starting to see the same degenerates at engineering schools as you used to see studying sociology or other bullshit majors

It happens with all engineering majors. We act like we're hot shit until we get shown up. Typically we have intern experience exclusively until we get into the workforce or our 4th year but that's still not enough. Although it's not hard to catch up once you're in the job

This is how women create a space for themselves in male dominated fields where they normally couldn't hack it. They move in, add feminism to the mix, and declare their expertise in 'a feminist perspective on ____'. Now they're just as much of an expert as any man in the field, since nobody can argue against feminism.

They've done it with damn near every subject. Men know what it means when they hear 'a feminist reanalysis of subject X'. It means 'stay out', 'don't mess with me', and 'I will ruin your career if you say a word about this'. And now you see the purpose of feminism. It privileges the women who wield it against men, and helps them create meaningless positions out of thin air. All they need to do is invent 'the feminist analysis of ____' to any subject, and they can claim expertise that no man dares to question at risk of being ruined.

I fucking hate women....

gotta add the word engineer there for it to sound better

From what I've seen, engineering at Purdue doesn't fall for a lot of the bullshit. They do try pretty hard to weed out the SJWs and women that only want to be engineers cuz Schlomo told them that they should, I've seen quite a few people drop engineering as a whole because they don't fuck around. I imagine it's even more stringent at the graduate level. I wouldn't be too worried, but that's my own personal experience.
t. current Purdue engineering student

I just think its funny. A butter bar right out of ROTC would defer to the NCO's until they get some experience, but for some reason EEs that dont even know how to wire a lightbulb think they know more practical knowledge of electricity than an electrician

That's good news, honestly one of the reasons I looked to the midwest is to avoid the stupid SJW bullshit. Although it does look like I'm gonna have to deal with a lot of Indians and Chinese, but I think thats unavoidable at the graduate level

so we wait until civilization crumbles? I for one, like my life and want it to be cool for me kiddos.

JESUS FUCKING CHRIST, ITS BAD ENOUGH I HAVE TO TAKE A FUCKING DIVERSITY AND INTERNATIONAL CREDITS TO GET A BA OF ENGINEERING, NOW THEY'RE GOING TO DESTROY ENGINEERING ITSELF, WTF.

They're why I'm gay

It's because we ARE hot shit.

WTF IS INTERACTION ENGINEER
TALKING WITH SOME ROBOT OR SHIT?
WTF WRONG WITH YOU WHITEY CMON

That's how it is at most places. People become business/humanities majors after the first or second semester if they're not cut out for being enginerds.

Well STEM is STEAM now and Arts is pretty much Humanities so everybody is an engineer pretty much.

We are full of shit if thats what you mean

>t. Engineering Burnout

Couldn't handle thermo, huh?

Everybody else is full of shit. Engineers are the only people in the entire world with a brain. We all have twenty inch dicks too.
I bet he failed calc 1. What a gaymo.

Enjoy ABET

college is a LARP now they want to turn engineering into a LARP too

women get cuntfused because they think western civilization is a bad thing

Shalom ncel.

Can confirm the dick part

Unless youre a Chemical engineer you don't have any right to be talking about thermodynamics. The themo I took as an ME is nothing compared to what they do

Interaction engineer? meet Sanitation Engineer.

"HR" is universally despised in the business world due to gross incompetence, laziness and ideologically motivated bias that is present in virtually every HR department, in every industry, across the entire western world.
Even people worthless and banal enough to consider HR a fulfilling career path are now turned off by the negative reputation it has, hence the raft of sickeningly "corporate creative" new titles for the same job, which fittingly enough, were almost certainly coined by HR stooges.

>implying they haven't already with their open border policies all across western Europe

Born.
Nation.
Wreckers.

Shit I really should start learning asian languages

This looks like a list of publications from a gender studies PHd not a fuckign engineering PHd. This can't be real life.

Giving women rights was a mistake.

Yeah, you can't swing a dead cat at Purdue without hitting some Chinese foreign national in a Maserati and a $2000 jacket. At least the Indians tends to stay away from engineering, they're almost exclusively in physics and chemistry.

Only a problem if there are no other good engineering establishments.

This SJW shit will burn out in time, especially in the STEM sector.

You sound like a prime example of the dunning-kruger effect.

Something we still have going for us are our great universities, but if the SJW virus ruins them, overseas students will look elsewhere.

Purdue's been turning to shit for a long time now. Their 100 and 200 level math classes are taught by grad students who literally cannot speak English. Every STEM department is infested with SJWs who can't teach their assigned 100-level courses but will never be fired due to fears of accusations of sexism. Cheating is RAMPANT among the Chinese students, but they all graduate since lower graduation numbers would impact the amount of money coming in.

Source: Purdue grad.

Thanks user, I probably am more skilled than i give myself credit for

I'd rather deal with the chinks anyway, at least some of their women can be good looking

>Foucault
reeeeeeeeeeeeee

>Purdue's been turning to shit for a long time now. Their 100 and 200 level math classes are taught by grad students who literally cannot speak English. Every STEM department is infested with SJWs who can't teach their assigned 100-level courses but will never be fired due to fears of accusations of sexism. Cheating is RAMPANT among the Chinese students, but they all graduate since lower graduation numbers would impact the amount of money coming in.
so, typical american university then.

The Iron Yard is a joke.

>4 month hardcore "programming" boot camp
>literally just teach you to ace an interview

I've never actually gone but I did extensive research on it. Decided to just get a fucking degree.

Nice world renowned engineering program Purdoodoo

Much as I hate STEM autism what the fuck does gender have to do with coding and beep boops?

Well of course, feminazis are experts at blowing hot air and blowing it out their asses

Perdue Chicken is fucking based though

Glad I left a few years back

Capitalists made these classes mandatory for your degree to get hired. They want zog bot cogs

>butter bar
>respecting NCO's

You sure? Because my dad is an E9 and he hates new officers more than democrats. And that's saying a lot.

Sounds like my university. They had a Korean transplant come in to teach one of the harder organic chemistry subjects, and the guy did the first couple lectures completely in Korean before he found a Korean TA to translate and interpret for him.

The SJWs want equal outcome even if they themselves would never go into STEM. So they just make academic programs and employers take more women. Even at my graduation they said that they wanted future classes to have more females, I interpreted it as, there were too many of us males graduating...

>literally just teach you to ace an interview

it's the most valuable skill in the short term