Fixing the Second Amendment

Before I start discussing my argument, I need to say that I am a gun loving American. Born and raised in a Republican family, I cherish the 2nd Amendment. Even though I love that the 2A grants me the privilege to own all the firearms I have, I am not arrogant enough to say that the 2A is perfect, because it isn't. It's about time that we made some common sense changes to it, because it is 2017 and not the 1700s anymore. The changes I want to make are reasonable and do not infringe upon our right to own and bear firearms.

Change #1 - Complete and total ban on assault weapons. I have owned firearms for over 3 decades, and never once have I owned an assault weapon because no one needs one. My pistols and long guns are more than enough for self defence, hunting, and militia purposes. The only people who use assault weapons are those who commit mass shootings. We could eliminate our immense gun problem by banning all assault weapons.

Change #2 - Restrict clip sizes to a maximum of 10 bullets. No one needs more than 10 bullets loaded into their gun at one time. Really think about it. One well placed shot is all it takes to kill an animal or human being. Why do people need 30 bullet clips? The only people who use them are mass shooters looking to cause a large amount of bloodshed. This would be very helpful in eliminating our gun problem.

Change #3 - Mandatory extreme vetting for all those wanting to purchase a firearm. I'm talking about extensive background checks, mental health and IQ testing, etc. This way only the most competent, and law abiding citizens would be able to own guns. This would also help to eliminate our countries gun problem.

All these changes are really geared towards solving the huge gun problem that our country faces. I feel that they are very realistic and would not infringe on the 2nd Amendment which I love very much.

tl;dr. the 2nd amendment is fine. fuck off and kys asap if you don't like it, bitch retard. sage. no bump. shit thread.

Sage

The only problem is people like you

This is Canadian copy pasta.
It's why the faggot hides his flag.
Sage
Hide

Copypasta fuck off

I'm a born and raised red blooded Texan...

No. The purpose of the second amendment is to prepare the population for invasion or incase the government getting out of line. There's no need for change since explosive weapons are already banned.

Stay fucking pozzed my shill.

S H A L L

>how to fix second amendment
A citizen's right to own weaponry shall not be infringed.

>common sense changes

Stopped right there/ OP is a LARPer and a faggot.

Saged.

>Lmao the Brits have cannons and frigates and forts what's your puny musket gonna do

go away

Similar background as yourself. Had similar views as yourself at one time. There are no "good guys". Meaning, who determines who is sane or not? Who determines what's for sport vs. war? The reality is, America is one of the few places on Earth where the citizens are allowed to own and protect themselves with the great equalizer. We can't give that right away, period.

>implying 100% of the military would support a fascist government attempting to suppress the population

Hell, the military would probably be the first ones to rebel.

You are a shill annnnnd sage.

Hey leaf, same copy pasta huh? Fuck off

Did the brits have weapons that could destroy entire cities with the push of one button?
Doubt it. US soldiers are some of the most loyal, well trained, and disciplined soldiers on the planet.

So you decided to show your true leafy colors finally

>Before I start discussing my argument, I need to say that I am a gun loving American.
No you're not, you're a Canadian.

>Before I start discussing my argument
Take a handful of Oxys and wash it down with a bottle of Drano you fucking fag

Stop bumping this retarded thread, fagoo.
If you don't know how, just don't post. Everyone can see he's a retarded leaf.

>Why do people need 30 bullet clips?
Niggers group in packs of 30.

You might at least get some different discredited bullshit to put in your OP

>30 bullet clips
nice gay thread you fucking leaf
SAGE

it's magazine not clip you retard. clips are just a way to file the bullets into the magazine.

an assault weapon is a made up term that includes semi-automatic firearms with a detachable magazine and a pistol grip,
So most of your pistols would fall under that. So all you have is long guns.

also SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Sage this shit

2A doesn't "grant me a privilege;" it acknowledges an inalienable right.

Change 1: won't improve muder rate. Vast majority homicides with gun are handguns.
Change2: 30 rounds is standard capacity. Also, point above re: handguns.
Change 3: apply the same logic to th rest of the bill of rights. Mental health screening and extreme vetting before you have right to free speech, free from warrantless searches and seizures, and presumption of innocence? Gay.

Sage

Fucking faggot Canadian why dont you take that flag off

>clips

Define assault weapon.
Also, I'm completely okay with banning 30 round clips, because they don't exist and never should.

Show you flag leaf you've posted this thread ten times. You're worse than the roach.

obviously our muskets did a lot or else we wouldn't have America

would just be another cucked extension of england like australia and canada

We're proud of it friend

>The only people who use assault weapons are those who commit mass shootings.
As far as I know, no mass shootings have been committed by anybody with a legal fully automatic weapon. Since the legal definition of an assault weapon includes being fully automatic, you statement is false - or those weapons were illegally obtained, in which case said illegality should be tackeled.

>No one needs more than 10 bullets loaded into their gun at one time
The US army needs, on average, several million bullets to incapacitate an enemy combatant. Limiting ammunition capacity would therefore severely incapacitate your ability to use your weapons in a militia role.

>Mandatory extreme vetting for all those wanting to purchase a firearm.
SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED.

lol this thread is 100% bait

>clip

Oh look someone who's never fired a gun lecturing about gun control. Go back to plebbit.

>this thread again

Poor bait

SHALL NOT

Trips of truth

This shit again? Food for thought, most of my guns are unregistered faggot.

Protip: you can still shoot a drone operator. Especially when they're off duty.

>Did the brits have weapons that could destroy entire cities with the push of one button?
Does the US government have the possibility to destroy it's own cities during civil war?

>US soldiers are some of the most loyal, well trained, and disciplined soldiers on the planet.
Even the most loyal falter in a civil war. That's the basic definition of civil war.

>Didn't read OPs post
>OR
>Magazine == clip
Ask me how I know you're a nigger

>the only people who use assault weapons are using them in mass shootings

Explains why AR platforms are the single most popular type of rifle in the US. Of course they're all being used in mass shootings. Right guys?

Go kill yourself, fucking jew, trick your fellow brainwashed leftards

Sure fucking thing you are, fucking jew, now show your real flag

When will we ban trucks
Swimming pools
Sports cars (only racecar drivers need racecars)
Fast food
Cigarettes, matches,lighters
Drugs
Alcohol
Recreational boating
Lead in the water supply and pollution
Ownership of dogs

Until all these things that kill more than guns are banned you know the Jews motivation isn't saving lives its disarming you.

He did and of course he's a leaf. He makes this thread every day.

Additionally fuck the nfa and fuck all state laws that infringe on the 2ed as they are not covered by the 10th. Oh and OP can dialiate themself with a cactus

Bait and gay

Sage

sage

This is literally a copy and paste from Shareblue.

Quit posting this same copy pasta nonsense.

Saged, kys

I am sure the Roman Senate thought that pre Ceaser

>Fixing the Second Amendment
Easy. 1: ban all handguns/short-barelled weapons, because handguns' only purposes are killing deserters and robbing banks, they are completely useless for real land combat scenarios.
2: no open carry bullshit, you keep rifles in safe and only get them out when you go hunting with proper license or go to shooting range.

Thus actual concerned citizens can still own firearms and train for repelling enemy invasion (the skill which will be completely useless cause modern wars are won by combat planes and artillery), and there won't be bloodshed on streets. And you still have that shotgun in your bedroom if you insist on living in cardboard wall house instead of building proper brick one and installing steel doors.

a - fake
b - gay
c - SHALL NOT BE INFRINGED

Except clip does not equal magazine.

No.... more no.... no again.... and can you sense it..... can you feel the disturbance NO U FUCKWIT SAGE

Sage. What an anti-gun shitlib fucktard.

You fucking retard Ivan. If I can't carry a pistol how am I supposed to defend my self from niggers when I go into the city? Have you ever even been to America?

FPBP

Just stay in your village

>I need to say that I am a gun loving American. Born and raised in a Republican family

prove it

>because it is 2017 and not the 1700s anymore

Not an argument

>do not infringe upon our right to own and bear firearms.
Of course it does, explain the of the "do not"

>Change #1 - Complete and total ban on assault weapons. I have owned firearms for over 3 decades, and never once have I owned an assault weapon because no one needs one. My pistols and long guns are more than enough for self defence, hunting, and militia purposes. The only people who use assault weapons are those who commit mass shootings. We could eliminate our immense gun problem by banning all assault weapons.

a) anecdotal
b) slippery slope
c) gun problem derivates from the problem of crazy people killing, if it's not with gun it could be with bombs, knifes, poison, TRUCKS

>Change #2 - Restrict clip sizes to a maximum of 10 bullets. No one needs more than 10 bullets loaded into their gun at one time. Really think about it. One well placed shot is all it takes to kill an animal or human being. Why do people need 30 bullet clips? The only people who use them are mass shooters looking to cause a large amount of bloodshed. This would be very helpful in eliminating our gun problem.

That's something you have to enforce on manufacturers, because people who don't follow the law will still reach them, try that without tresspassing rights of the selling and production parts

>Change #3 - Mandatory extreme vetting for all those wanting to purchase a firearm. I'm talking about extensive background checks, mental health and IQ testing, etc. This way only the most competent, and law abiding citizens would be able to own guns. This would also help to eliminate our countries gun problem.
a) you do your retarded, extensive time and resource consuming background check for a1) the one who passes just commits a mass shooting days after the purchase and a2) non-law abiding citizens get guns anyway

Reminder that all gunban shills sound like this
Fuck off kike

Nice Argument and btw liberals are bringing niggers into my "village" now too.

Claims to love guns and have lifelong knowledge of guns.
Doesn't understand the subjective nature of the term "assault weapon".
Calls magazines "clips".
Calls for more background checks when it's a proven fact that background checks do jack shit.
It's b8 m8.

So you can't even understand what I'm saying. Confirmed nigger. Enjoy not being able to fill out a 4473.

>retarded nigger leftist believes mass shooters use "assault weapons", when in reality the majority of them use handguns
Reminder to remove yourself from the gene pool. Allowing anyone to chip away at your rights makes you a literal subhuman, who deserves nothing.

To change the 2nd Amendment would require an additional constitutional amendment, which would have to pass Congress and be ratified by two thirds of the States. Without such changes, the proposals you mention are unconstitutional, unless activist courts rule otherwise.

The legal barriers aside, the 2nd Amendment exists for a good reason. You might say "well we can't fight the US Army, with its tanks, jets, and nukes.". The truth is, government exists at all levels, and can be equally as oppressive and just as likely to violate your rights.

One example of this is, during the Civil War, when residents of Jones County, Mississippi, rebelled against the Confederate army, which was plundering their crops and food supplies to supply their army. If they had not had the right to protect themselves under the previous Union government, wouldn't they have been less well-equipped to fight?

There is a more recent example of a town in Tennessee in 1946, in which an election for the town's sheriff was rigged by one of the candidates. The town's residents, most of which were veterans of the recently-ended World War 2, took up arms and deposed the illegitimate sheriff, before holding a new election to select a new sheriff. Again, their right to bear arms against a corrupt government was necessary to safeguard their liberties.

Overall, it's better to leave the 2nd Amendment as it is. While mass shootings and other such horrific events are tragic and regrettable, they do not justify destroying a fundamental barrier against tyranny.

Call of Duty terms =/= real life terms.

No?! YOU SAY 'NO' TO MY AR-15, YOU FUCKIN' PRICK! YOU AIN'T GONNA ABLE TO SAY 'NO' TO ME WHEN I GET TO YOUR HOUSE, YOU MOTHERFUCKER!!

>before I start let me tell how much I love guns
>right, now let's completely ban guns

>but guys I love guns
>clips

>seriously guns are cool
>they won't be illegal Just impossible to get

2/10 because my jimmies did get a little rustled

>Even though I love that the 2A grants me the privilege to own all the firearms I have
>right to own
Fixed it for you

Also fuck off faggot.
>clip
>bullets

4473 is a COD term now?

>gun loving american from republican family
>CLIP size
>10 BULLETS
epic bait, retard
the 2nd amendment should be anything the military has, civilians can have, end of story

>he doesn't own a modified Henry 1860 Lever Action gun that accepts mags

fucking PLEB tier. Damned thing can do just about anything.

Nothing to be fixed nigger

Nice copy pasta Leaf

>clip

CLIP? YOU FUCKING LARPER

At least this faggot has realized having his Canadian flag was fucking up his shilling. He's evolving. Unfortunately he's still a faggot and everyone here is laughing at you who isn't also a faggot.

Sage and hide.

No, faggot. I told you yesterday the only negotiation you get is "No!" You can thank the anti-tobacco lobby for that response, it's 100% on them.
now gtfo you seditious commie sympathizer.