Why aren't Millennials buying planes anymore, Sup Forums...

Why aren't Millennials buying planes anymore, Sup Forums? The sales statistics are very troubling for both the new AND the used-small aircraft market. The "general aviation" market is being kept afloat by business and professional consumers, while individual buyers are losing interest. Are Millennials seriously going to let the general aviation tradition - a tradition that has existed since the early days of experimental planes in the early 1900's - die out on their watch? Why?

Source:

fi-aeroweb.com/General-Aviation.html

we cant even afford cars you idiot, the boomers raped our nations coffers and left us with a bill. well be lucky if we can eat 2000 calories a day soon.

As much as I would like a plane, that shit costs too damn much. I can't even afford my own house. I attribute it to the college degree culture and welfare state. No real route to success to those who work hard and don't succumb to meme life plans

They're buying planes for professors who pitched worthless degrees to them as a way to secure a bright future. The selfishness of the ME generation strikes again.

Huh, maybe because general aviation is a fucking money pit. Take it from a glider pilot, you gotta pay for instructors, pay for fuel, pay for the aircraft, so on and so forth. Time ain't exactly easy to come by either. Once again, you can thank greedy boomers who want to sell the planes they bought for dirt cheap back to us at exorbitant prices, and government overregulation.

I dont think aviation is this cheap to ask "Why", most of people will like the idea of flying but few will be able to afford it

Millennials are massive min/maxers.
This is a product of that life style that is affecting everything. Also we rather stay inside and explore the internet.

Have you seen the price of even used cessna's? Then hangar fees and fuel. While I would have loved to continuing flying, you really can't do it unless it is your job.

>can barely afford commercial airline tickets
>$20 a minute to park at airport

get real

people dont fly because (((they))) change tens of thousands of dollars just to get a license let alone buy a plane

It's too expensive as a hobby.

Because retard fudds are selling 80s basic bitch 172s for 3x market prices and to actually become licensed to become a pilot it takes fucking forever because of the dicks over at the FAA
Source: fly on the weekends

>nig(g)er
R A R E
R
A
R
E

Russiabro is extremely right. The FAA are jackasses about being able to get a license. It's why I fly gliders as part of a club. It's less expensive than powered GA.

because they are worthless shits, same as always

Best version of these threads so far.

had a giggle/10

>Job market flooded with women, immigrants, in addition to men, degree requiring jobs can afford to pay barely above minimum wage or outsource to infinite free interns
>degree holding standardize to the point its a requirement for minimum wage jobs, and even those are competitive
>inflation has made that minimum wage worth far less then in the 40s-80s, cost of living ridiculous in many areas
>beneficial government services being lost due to decades of Bush/Obama policy and welfare/minority drain
>Hormones pumped into the water churning out beta men and hyper-sexual women,
>said women and courts making marriage and children far less appealing
>Get: Lol millenials why are you such entitled shits at every corner? Buy everything! What's wrong with you?

>2000 calories a day

theres your problem user.. you're a fatass

honestly, there is a shortage of pilots. big time.

Military pilot is the way to go if you can.

>and government overregulation
How lovely it would be to have stupid rookies flooding the skies with badly kept planes and helicopters. You obviously live in a bunker, right?

>white people problems

I love airplanes. Especially now that they have rocket deployed ballistic parachutes.

But the reality is it doesn't make financial sense. Ever.

Fuel, hangar fees, maintenance fees, and for what? Where the fuck am I going to go?

Now, I think there could be another aviation revolution coming up soon in the form of manned electric / hybrid multicopters.

These things are retardedly easy to control. Literally anyone in this thread could pilot one. You can control them with a single joystick. They have engine-out capability thanks to having like 20 engines.

There's a very real chance they could completely take off and become the air-taxis we always hoped for. Little aicraft we could even park on our lawns. Thanks to the multicopter layout, these things could even have rocket deployed ballistic parachutes so even if you do fuck up there's a good chance you'll survive.

I think that's the future.

The airplane in ops pic is just not something I think most people are interested in anymore.

I would love to own a plane however i do not have pilot experience.

Is the military the best route to learn in 2017?

I can chime in... I deal with a lot of the local flyers, they are total dicky douchebags. A few are normal humans, the dyke lesbians should die in a crash.

But I do own a plane it's a piper Comanche 250 pic related looks like my plane

Stop pretending your GTAV plane is irl nerd.

No, it'd be nice to not have to take a cock in the ass from the FAA to be a general aviation pilot. Let me break it down in case all those favela drugs wrecked your brain huetard. The FAA's draconian regs on becoming a GA pilot are very recent. I believe some regulation is necessary since flying is inherently dangerous, but the regs make flying more trouble than the joy of it is.

>implying you'll get to fly one without sucking all of the governments dick

oy vey goyim, we can't trust you to operate sophisticated machinery like that without shoveling money down our throats on a monthly basis.

Remember, no fun allowed. Might impact your job performance by 0.2%

But I'm not?

Abso-fucking-lutely. You can walk out of your graduation ceremony from pilot training, go up with an FAA instructor, and have your license without a lick of trouble

if you can't metabolize 2000 calories a day you are either elderly or an inactive hobbit sized creature

Just go to pilot school jesus fuck. You have to be an actual captian to fly a plane in the armed forces.

10/10 OP

>Deregulated general aviation
I'd prefer it. Darwin's law.

Eh, speaking from experience, military pilot is the way to go. They've got a severe pilot shortage right now and cadets in ROTC don't want to fly in many cases. Btw, to be a pilot you just need to be an officer, not an O-3. Second Lieutenant/Ensign and up in all services but Army, which permits Warrant Officers to fly.

Tried to get my pilot's license, FAA wouldn't give it to me because ADHD drugs

Fuck the federal government, dissolve the FAA, then I'll buy a plane

Because getting the license is expensive. This is mostly because of the expensive prices of flying in the first place to get the mandatory 50 or so flight hours required for PPL.

What governments (EASA, I'm looking at you) should do, is heavily subsidize the PPL courses and the incurred costs of flying those first 50 hours for the license.

Increased amount of licenses would lead into more people being able to fly aircrafts thus increasing the demand for for GA planes thus booming the industry.

If I'm not too wrong about what I've read behind the scenes and rumours, but China might be heading into such direction...

because it's cheaper to 3D print one than buy an used one.

Also go back to /n/igger, we don't serve (((your kind))) here

Because they can't look at their phone and fly at the same time
also they are poor AF
>4 year degree
>Work in my call center for 37K Max Par

Chad's keepin an eye on you, boy.

How does everything end up the boomers fault? Everyone knows it was really the Russians.

IF IT FLOATS, FLIES, OR FUCKS...

RENT IT
E
N
T

I
T

Flying a helicopter would be pretty dope. I got like a 93 or 94 when I took the ASVAP when I took that shit in high school is that enough to blow up shitskins with an attack chopper?

Yessir

>being this stupid

thanks for the advice user , i plan on talking to my local recruiter soon.I have been told that i should complete 4 years of college and enlist as an officer for the best path. Im about half way done so far

made me giggle

Underrated

damn i wish i was that much of baller

Because the costs of the annual, ramp fees, fuel, registration and airworthiness, etc are too expensive for most people. The plane itself isn't that much.
t. Flight Instructor

Do it man, officer life is the way to go.
Talk to a recruiter, and under NO CIRCUMSTANCES sign a contract unless it has exactly what you want on it, particularly a warrant officer contract with aviation. And if it does, have your recruiter sign it and give you a copy. They will try to fuck you out of what you want if you let 'em.

I don't want to be a faggot but it's kinda hard when you have to save up money for a whole year for the licence alone and then another 10 years to buy a plane?
shit ain't worth it.

pics or gtfo you millenial piece of shit

Pilot here.

Planes are expensive to own, maintain, store, and fly. And you have to fly regularly to maintain your license and ratings. It's best left for rich folk and career pilots.

Planes are stupid, expensive and require insane amout of shitty rules.
If you wanna experience flight you can just but a DJI Mavic with goggles and enjoy all of the visual sensation of flight without any risk.

are you a Ethiopian? Or a manlet?

I have a BS what's the jazz about being an officer

you speak the troof

If you dont move enough you dont need 2k.

OTS is the way to go then. If you want to fly, try getting a pilot contract with your state's Air National Guard or Air Force reserves. Then you're guaranteed to go to pilot training and guaranteed an airframe. And about being an officer? Just a bit of a nicer life desu.

Not the user you responded to, but what about enlisting for 4 years and getting your degree while your in, and then go officer to fly? I need the TA and lasik to be eligible

Half the range, Half the payload!

in 1956 airplae in pic cost $2,400 around the price of a car. Current year new 2 seat plane by Cessna is $156,000 car cost $30k blame the insurance Jews.

If you want to chance it, enlist and go LEAD, which can get you a slot at the Air Force Academy. But I would recommend ROTC.

Maybe if the FAA and flight schools weren't gouging people to get licenses we would have the same number of pilots we had in the 80's, but that didn't happen either.

Perhaps it's because when people can't afford to do something they want to do they won't. Therefor the industry gets into trouble.

The light sport class was created to give people a lower cost option to get into a license and plane, it didn't work. S-LSA are $100k+ and the license at a flight school (not part 141) is almost as expensive as a private license.

Instructors charge $50/hr and plane rental is $100/hr. For a Light Sport license you need a minimum (no one gets it in this amount of time) of 20 hours, with 15 hours of dual seat instruction. This is bonkers because you have the same dual seat instruction requirement for a private license and that covers night flight as well.

You want pilots, make it not full retard expensive to be one.

You guys can buy plane?

Oh dear, I'm sorry we're not squabbling over who gets to eat Jamal's rotting corpse so we don't fucking starve.

No shortage of pilots there are still 80 year olds working as piots who won't retire. There is always a shortage of student pilots though.

You can fuggin build one if you want man

Fly the plane, FEEL THE PAIN

Casualize the controls, why are there so many buttons and switches, in my vidya games I can just press forward and engine starts automatically.

Also for easier landings attach third person camera(put a camera on a few meters long rod and attach at the rear of the plane).

The more the "general public" is reduced to wage slaved peons, the less likely they are to blow money on anything except a car.

Blame the system that's choked off the middle class- as they die off, so goes the support that holds up the economy, including this one.

Your modern flier is messing with unmanned RC/drone aircraft now instead.

POO IN SKY

user, it's really not all that difficult to get your hands on dangerous things over here. I thought you noticed. It only costs you 400$ more or less to get licenced to own anything from a full auto rifle to a functional tank.

Hahahahahahahhahahahahahahahhahahaahhaahahahahhahahahahahahahahahahahahaha whewph ha ha whewph hahaha bc the purchasing power of dollar is fucked. $100k yr in a city is barely getting by. We have no insurance and loaded with student loans fucked by immigration wage theft. Yes recreational aviation industry will tank.

Maybe because the boomers opened the border and flooded us with 3rd world shit, bringing our buying power down to shit

>$7.70/hour
>less buying power than minimum wage in 1980
>difficult access to decent education
"why aren't millenials buying planes?????????"

0/10 troll

>Millennials
This is the strangest slide thread I've ever seen.

Avionics technician here. I can confirm that less than 10% of our general aviation clientele is beneath the age of 50. The flight school next door keeps fairly busy, but in terms of actual ownership the average age is only increasing. I imagine it's due to the massive cost of owning and operating an aircraft compared to just playing some video games and shit. It's not a cheap hobby.

>10k for a license
>20-30k for a heavily used cessna
>couple hundred a month for hanger fees

Or
>10k for license
>$99 per hour wet

I mean its not outside my list of possibilities but I would rather go shooting than flying and 40k buys a lot of guns

how 2 operator wat is wet

Renting a plane wet means fuel is included.

>how 2 operate
Those guys are former Rhodesian SAS in iraq, they could tell you.
>wet
Fuel included, $99 is local rate for a rental cessna

expense?

it is like that for the most part of general aviation, but then you want to know your speed, engine rpm, attitude, vertical speed, altitude, etc
if you do a fully automated airplane , it looses all the fun of flying which is what you want to do in the first place

Aside from the modern economy being utter shit compared to the Boomer generation, there's two other factors:

1. The FAA fucking hates private individuals owning aircraft and works against them at every opportunity.

2. Every private aircraft manufacturer has been sued into bankruptcy at some point because some fuckhead crashed their plane and died, so now they cost exorbitant amounts because those companies are struggling to recover. Thank the courts and the lawyers.