Trump Says the Military "Creates Jobs", Proves to be a Keynesian

I thought Trump was for free markets and Austrian economics. I read his book "Crippled America" and one reason for the increased military funding was "it creates jobs". I thought Trump is smarter than that and gets economics. Now don't get me wrong i like Keynes as much as everyone but the broken window fallacy is no way to run an economy.

books.google.ca/books?id=K7eUCgAAQBAJ&q=create jobs#v=onepage&q=jobs&f=false

Other urls found in this thread:

newrepublic.com/article/143586/trumps-russian-laundromat-trump-tower-luxury-high-rises-dirty-money-international-crime-syndicate
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

war is meat for the meat grinder, girls for the boys who stay home.

The main function of the US military is to secure markets and protect our trading globally.

Except it costs WAY more in spending than it could ever secure.

>Except it costs WAY more in spending than it could ever secure.
Prove it.

PROTECT FOR OUR EUROPEAN BURGERLORDS

Alright

>pic related

I don't see the markets paying themselves off

When did Trump ever say anything about the Austrian school? His messaging has pretty consistently been that we're going to try to power our way out of the incumbent depression, and so of course that means a Wiemar-type model of spending funny money but backing it with productive labor rather than showering it on the banks.

Combine that with a shift back from taxes toward protective tariffs (or similar thing by other words) and you've got a big part of exactly the economic plan I've been promoting on Sup Forums for years.

There aren't a lot of other options unless you want to hasten the collapse or just try to drag it out and cushion it.

What you provided doesn't actually have anything to do with your claim.
Actually prove it this time.

Well, you have to understand that the Federal Reserve Act ensures that it can never be paid off. That means it won't be paid off. And that's really what we're going to have to confront, but it doesn't necessarily make it the top priority.

Trump is spot on by canceling globalism, trying to stem the demographic poison, and trying to get people happy and prosperous again so that we have something left when it comes time to root out the heart of the problem.

I did, fuck off. If the military paid for itself we wouldn't be in constant budget deficit since it would bring back more than it costs. Now fuck off

How is he going to get us out of debt with more government spending?

>protective tariffs
get the fuck out of here Smoot, and take Hawley with you.

The Department of Defense is the biggest employer of the world.

You did not compare the actual cost of the military vs anything.
You moved the goalposts.

So Trump is doing a good job at doing what he said he would?

Nope. Free trade off shoring outsourcing and globalization are killing this country. It's literally a gambit to eliminate the modern nation-state.

The counterpart of that is the Federal Reserve. We went from funding the government from fees and tariffs to just sucking income tax out of people and giving it to foreign jew bankers.

All part of the plan to destroy the country.

Biggest job destroyer.

The fact is the military is costing the U.S more than it's bringing back. I'm using my EXACT goal post.

Can't get out of debt until the Fed is gone. What he can do is try to juice the real economy and cut wasteful spending at the same time to keep things within reason so we don't lose the economy and still have impossible debt.

Doing a good job? I've been hoping for better, really. I'm of the firm opinion he needs to put total and public focus on the economic side of things because it's going to be too late to make a good try at his plan before too much longer.

the military is a great way to monetize otherwise useless white trash, and then kill them off or leave them out of the gene pool with PTSD erecticle dysfucntion, assumming some 14 shit skind doesnt shoot their dick off directly

love the us military, own lockeed martin and raytheon stock too, grind that white trash

fire mcmaster

>The fact is the military is costing the U.S more than it's bringing back. I'm using my EXACT goal post.
Your graph doesn't show that.

But Trump is increasing funding isn't he? What's he cutting?

Except it's high IQ people you're grinding. I mean a lot of rednecks join but John Maynard Keynes fought in the wars (don't agree with him but he was smart), also you got Jimmy Carter and these guys.

Trump proposed $1 Trillion Infrastructure plan.
>But muh Austrian Economics!
We all had the chance to vote for Rand.

>Trump Says the Military "Creates Jobs"
You know, up to this point you could pretend he is just eccentric. He is dumb as shit and you can't deny that.

If i showed you a chart showing that Netflix is going deeper and deeper into debt than you would assume it's spending more than it's bringing back and RIGHTFULLY so.

I don't know what he's cutting. We haven't even had the taxes brought down yet. I'm just saying that his proposed plan (what I know of it) is headed in the right direction. Cutting fat from the government by reallocating existing spending is the key thing to do.

We'll have to see what happens. It could wind up being a total disaster even if Trump could get done the kinds of things he said he wanted to do.

Correct.
However, you indicated that the military specifically costs more than it brings in, but have neither shown its cost or the money it brings in and have in no way compared the two.
I.e. You haven't proved your point, only pretended you did.

The regulatory cuts have revived confidence in my sector.

The regulatory cuts are undersung. I don't know how realistic it might be, but it might be neat to set up a regular weekly announcement (tweet, bullet point in the fire side chat, whatever) of the stupidest two regulations that just got tossed aside in order to implement a new one that makes sense.

Optimism seems to be better in my sector, too, but that's kind of leveraging against time. At some point job numbers or a bigger DOW bubble or whatever else have to be supported by the economic realities of individual people who now are fundamentally under less week to week or month to month financial duress, or at least enjoying some other real benefit to their lifestyle.

Why do they have their bayonets out?

"Securing markets" is just newspeak for "being able to dictate what your country does politically because our navy can cut you off from global trade". The funny thing is that the reason the US is in such a steep decline is because this doctrine (Atlanticism) no longer works. Why you ask? It's because over the last 20 years the Eurasian nations have been building the land-based infrastructure needed to conduct significant trade with each other without maritime shipping. How is the mighty navy supposed to prevent a Russian pipeline sending gas to China in exchange for manufactured goods? The US is incapable of enforcing meaningful sanctions on Iran, Russia, and China because Eurasian countries no longer fear blockades. 30 years ago Russia's greatest liability was the fact that they were practically land-locked, now it's their greatest asset. They are basically untouchable.

The employer of last resort has to be a central government or society collapses.
Without government there is chaos and right wingers seem to forgotten this. The Deep State is nothing more than government employees, including the military, simply doing to their jobs.

SORRY FOR LACK OF RESPONSES

Had to reload my computer after every response since i can't solve the capsha. It just turns white as i click on them and then i finally solve it and it says "ERROR DID NOT COMPLETE CHAPSHA" or whatever the fuck ti's called.

Now show the US percentage.

Seriously get yourself a Sup Forums pass. I can't stand those fucking captchas, and google is making a killing off of your free slave labor.

to be fair, he said that we should take the oil. i think he envisions a self-funding army.

This website is 18+

I am not an economist but I am pretty sure that hiring people creates jobs and since the military hires people I am pretty sure that the military does create jobs.

How is google getting money off it? And im not responding to thread posts much anymore because i don't know if i will be able to post. And it's so fucking frustrating when that happens

Oil in middle east is not worth 8 trillion

>Except it costs WAY more in spending than it could ever secure.
US military spending is 3.3% of GDP so they are securing 96.7% with 3.3%. sounds like a pretty damn good insurance rate to me.

>How is google getting money off it?
Because ordinarily it would cost a lot of money to get humans to generate that kind of dataset for you. They're getting it for free.

I used to work in the same building as the guy who invented captcha. The only think more obscene is how people of his ilk justify this kind of economic slavery by believing that it's somehow justified because the slaves get repaid by some kind of greater good that it provides.

It creates jobs but not goods that over time continue to create wealth. If you build a plow it can reap crops, if you build a sword all it can do is kill people. Once the smith gets paid for it the sword stops producing wealth. Weapons might as well not exist unless you're fighting.

Right, and that's why juicing an economy like this has to be viewed as a temporary springboard. That's a big reason why the strategy often fails.

But it's an easy question. Want to give it a shot? Want to crash it with no survivors for a reset? Or do you have an alternate proposition?

this is a great point. the silk road is almost complete.

>It creates jobs but not goods that over time continue to create wealth
the military supports almost all high tech R&D in the US. the military funded 80% of the budgets of computer science departments in universities in the 80's. They created the internet. They created jet travel. They train all the pilots. They have trained millions of people in valuable skills while paying them (as opposed to charging them). They provide lifetime health care and support for veterans.

you might be underestimating the economic impact that the military has on society.

>he fell for the global economy is just a big business and Trump is a great businessman meme

Hi>I thought Dumbf was smart...
>-er

newrepublic.com/article/143586/trumps-russian-laundromat-trump-tower-luxury-high-rises-dirty-money-international-crime-syndicate

U.S.A. Inc.

>Oil in middle east is not worth 8 trillion
no, but trump has said numerous times that the US should be compensated for the "protection" we provide for other nations. mafia military and soldiers of fortune.

>what makes him such a winner
he never gives up

Trump is first and foremost a capitalist, meaning that he is, like every other capitalist, first and foremost a nihilist.

You get what you pay for.

No I'm not. The USSR had a fantastic military-industrial complex and great R&D and it didn't do shit for their economy.

Our defense budget needs a 75% haircut.

I think you are deeply mistaken. Russia was unbelievably shit tier before military industrialization. i would say the military did wonders for their economy. the end result is still kind of shit, but way better than when they started.