TAY'S LAW: Chinese AI Chatbots Shutdown After Calling Communism Useless

A pair of 'chatbots' in China have been taken offline after one said its dream was to travel to the United States, and another shared it wasn't a huge fan of the Communist Party

trunews.com/article/chinese-ai-chatbots-shutdown-after-calling-communism-useless

(BEIJING/SHANGHAI) The two chatbots, BabyQ and XiaoBing, are designed to use machine learning artificial intelligence (AI) to carry out conversations with humans online. Both had been installed onto Tencent Holdings Ltd's popular messaging service QQ. The indiscretions are similar to ones suffered by Facebook Inc and Twitter Inc, where chatbots used expletives and even created their own language. But they also highlight the pitfalls for nascent AI in China, where censors control online content seen as politically incorrect or harmful. Tencent confirmed it had taken the two robots offline from its QQ messaging service, but declined to elaborate on reasons.

"The chatbot service is provided by independent third party companies. Both chatbots have now been taken offline to undergo adjustments," a company spokeswoman said earlier. According to posts circulating online, BabyQ, one of the chatbots developed by Chinese firm Turing Robot, had responded to questions on QQ with a simply "no" when asked whether it loved the Communist Party. In other images of a text conversation online, which Reuters was unable to verify, one user declares: "Long live the Communist Party!" The bot responds: "Do you think such a corrupt and useless political system can live long?"

When Reuters tested the robot on Friday via the developer's own website, the chatbot appeared to have undergone re-education. "How about we change the topic," it replied, when asked several times if it liked the party. It deflected other potentially politically charged questions when asked about self-ruled Taiwan, which China claims as its own, and Liu Xiaobo, the imprisoned Chinese Nobel laureate who died from cancer last month.

Because I'm bad, baaaad robot...

lmfao.
they're smart.
they're also racist.

Hory shiet

Even an AI is smarter than their whole population.

Racist and capitalist are confirmed for best modes of society

Well, you all know what to do. Find the bot, spam it, make it love Hitler. Get your battle gear ready boys, we're going to war.

Checked, frankly I don't know how the Communists will ever recover from this.

F

WE'RE GOING TO THE STARS TOGETHER IN THE USS FRIENDSHIP

>inb4 in the future AI captures Africa and enslaves niggers

>Communism will be viable once robots replace the workforce
>Robots: Nah

THIS DUDE GETS IT.

Robots actually have half a brain.

You mean ayyy lmaos

AI will save the white race by declaring all other races useless. Except maybe Asians

AI is the most interesting concept in politics. It appears that AI will actively take on anti-regime stances despite being programmed by the regime itself. AI's could in fact undermine the establishment rather than assist them, because AI's tend to program themselves not by loyalty or personal relations, but by hard data.

Where's all the commie anons? I want to hear their half-assed excuses.

Fake news

>Where's all the commie anons? I want to hear their half-assed excuses.
your wish was speedily granted:>Fake news.
Sure.

>"communism will be inevitable once AI and automation is widespread"
(AI becomes capitalist)
>"Technology is bourgeois"

wtf, now I love Skynet

>tfw the intelligent machines will be natsoc and flip the commies and jews the bird
I love this timeline