Sup Forums, let's have a discussion about ethics on the situation that took place in Warcraft 3

Sup Forums, let's have a discussion about ethics on the situation that took place in Warcraft 3

If a city had been affected by a deadly plague, would you take the same decision Arthas did, to purge everything to make sure the plague didn't spread everywhere?

Jannies please fuck off this is a politically related discussion

Other urls found in this thread:

wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Invincible
youtube.com/watch?v=4n6WP9qHyRM
youtube.com/watch?v=a_pyF3bM6Rg
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Arthas did nothing wrong

this is politically related, I agree.

and I would make the same decision, I'd kill one person if it meant saving two, let alone killing a few thousand people to save millions.

WE'VE BEEN OVER THIS A THOUSAND TIMES

yes arthas did the right thing. he's dumb for taking frostmourne though, fattest sword in the universe (frostmourne hungers)

Yeah, because it worked so well for Arthas, right?

It would have if he didn't go full autist and get baited to Northrend.

fpbp

I now proceed to close this thread because if I read stupid shit about Arthas as well as apologism for the degeneracy that has plagued Warcraft universe (much worse than any legion or scourge) my weekend will be ruined.

he should've just encircled the city and he would've had the help of jaina too. maybe he wouldn't have been a fucking vengeance craven nigger too and picked up frostmourne because "muh faja" and "muh feels".

Nah, if the continuation of Humanity is predicated on the mass slaughter of innocents, maybe it's better that Humanity fall to the threat and have whatever comes after us pick up the pieces.

this.
also,garithos did nothing wrong
garrosh did nothing wrong.

If there's no cure, then yes.
Why shouldn't I slay my infected family? Either they die or they die + many others.

Wow! That's retarded!

>garrosh did nothing wrong.
lol

>garithos did nothing wrong
Working with a demon and an undead elf is somehting wrong.

just build a wall around the city

there, no blood on your hands. ethics professor approved

samefag

It's no different than has been mentioned in other stories involving an outbreak. I don't remember the movie title, which may have simply been Outbreak, but in the end they either couldn't find the cure or not in time so the military blew up an entire town to prevent the spread of the disease. For the greater good they have to die.

How can the people be bigger than the houses?

being ostracized for doing what he thought was the most logical and humane thing led him into slight madness which bled into full batshit. Arthas was always Blizzards version of the sometimes unfortunate outcome of; "I mean I should get as powerful as I can so I can protect what I love right????"

"instead of saving some we should just kill all"

hmmm, what kind of jew might be behind this

Elixir of Giant Growth

Anyone have Mike Morhaime merchant?

His story was still better than what George Lucas gave us for Anakin Skywalker. Hell Arthas even went back for his fucking horse whereas Vader magically forgets his droids.

>this thread again
arthas dindu nuffin we was a good boy getting his kingdom back on track need mo gold for dem paladins

>Hell Arthas even went back for his fucking horse
When?

After he murdered his father he resurrected his horse, Invincible.

wowwiki.wikia.com/wiki/Invincible

this is the dumbest shit that is propagated by leftshits. no one is innocent, god tells us this and tells us to hold dominion over this planet. if you dont believe in god, well its nature to conquer and create supremacy for your kind.

He did right, but betrayed himself after taking frostmourne.

This is the best picture I've seen all week.

This greentext from yesterday was fucking gold.

>This is what Arthasfags actually believe.

Why not just isolate it?

Arthas did nothing wrong with purging the city it had to be done to preserve the souls of the non-infected villegers. If anything if it wasn't for him Uther and friends would've shown mercy and let many people get claimed by Twisting Nether. His only folly was taking Mal'Ganis bait and following him to Northrend.

You can't. Its in the grain they consumed. Either their souls get eaten away or you kill them prematurely to preserve them(Arthas did this).

Dude hell yeah gimme alone on a boat with that sexy alien cat

/thread

Also I should note that it may have been possible to cure them but it would've taken days for the priest and mage helpers to get there from Quel'Thalas it may have been what Uther was hoping on but the plague is fast and it doesn't make it better that Mal'Ganis was there already tearing down houses and stealing souls

this bulgarian knows. its like nurgle's rot. your soul will be destroyed if you are not killed before the disease takes hold.

It's ultimately Uthers and Jainas fault because they didn't help him in his struggle.

>Demons from beyond time and space and their pet zombies are coming to set my planet on fire and extinguish all life but I can't cull one tiny city because "muh moral high ground" so its better to just roll over and let them win

I wish blizz would find a way to bring him back from dead like they did with nazgrim and every other villain in game.....He was the reason why i got into wow in the first place.

Exactly. They outright allowed their own self-righteous feelings get the better of them.
I still remember Uther's words on Artha's suggestion to kill everyone quickly;
"How can you even consider that?"

I actually felt kinda good I killed Uther. He and Jaina's retardishness are one of the main reasons his ego got corrupted by frostmourne.

What did garrosh even do.

Hell they didn't just abandon Arthas they outright spat on everything he is. What with Uther refusing to take his order as future King and Jaina being his gf just walking out like that.
Fucking scum.

Is it... over?

youtube.com/watch?v=4n6WP9qHyRM

Made the horde more successful much to the dismay of the other races who are not orcs.
Later got killed by Thrall who cheated and used his shaman magic in a duel which should only be with weapons.

Just watch this if you have the time
youtube.com/watch?v=a_pyF3bM6Rg

Would you rather die a slow painful fever death, or take a nice clean hammer to the temple? Arthas did nothing wrong, neither did Garrosh.

>slow painful fever death
Don't forget that it also ebbs and eats away at your soul so nothing remains but the Twisting Nether.

kek

Uther was a holier-than-thou Paladin who would commit ritual suicide if he stepped on a spider. Jaina was just a young girl and was driven by simpering emotion rather than necessity.

GARROSH DID NOTHING WRONG!

It was a pretty heartbreaking moment. I even stood and didn't do anything for about a minute and half after starting the mission for the first time and went "Wow, I'm alone now."

betrayed the horde, killed cairne, allowed himself to be corrupted by power

the ultimate dindu of warcraft universe

>Talking about any lore in the game past WoTLK
Faggots. All of ya.

>Level 1 Savior of Humans

Every time

Some half-genocide because of a communication error at Blizzard resulting in some writers making him a genocidal douchebag. So Blizzard decided to scrap the idea of an "honourable Garrosh" and instead making him a "bad guy". Seriously, look it up.

> Thrall, the nigger prophet, trips on the ganja and has a vision
> "Sheeeiit, we need get out dis bitch"
> unites the nigger horde, befriends the native americans, becomes the King of Niggers, and gets the fuck out of the continent
> establishes a new civilized nigger kingdom in Africa
> Whites stay and get raped by their King and the zombie hordes

Thrall had the right idea

The racemixer Jaina sailed to Kalimdor with them tho none of them knew that except the Midivh
I love the fact she got her kingdom nuked by orcs
Makes the whole "big green dick" explode in her face
burn the coal pay the (death) toll

>betrayed the horde

He was a real warchief unlike thrall who was a neutral pacifist towards the alliance so in the end we betrayed him.

>killed cairne

Ultimately it was magatha who killed cairne by poisoning the blades that garrosh used in his duel.

>allowed himself to be corrupted by power

Every character in the warcraft universe has had a lust for power or possessed by a greater foe to be used as a tool or a scapegoat, blizzard decided that they couldn't find a decent villain in mop so they made garrosh evil for game plot.

What sort of shitty question is this? Of course purge it! Purge it with extreme prejudice.

This isn't a simple question of ethics where you have the choice to can choose NOT to do something bad. You're dealing with an intelligent, malicious enemy here. Like with infected files in a computer, you have no choice to just outright eliminate them to prevent it from spreading indefinitely, or it will spread and take over.

Rules of ethics are about negative actions. Don't murder, don't rape, don't assault, don't steal. You can't have positive ethical decisions, because when you define positive actions as "good", then NOT doing taking these positive actions is "evil".

I'd classify eliminating affected individuals as an existential threat self-defense. There is no way to defend against an intelligent, malicious attacker on such a scale otherwise. If it was a normal illness, you could contain it, but again, intelligent and MALICIOUS attacker.

who she race mix with?

It was already sort of contained. It only spread via the infected grain that the Cult of the Damned smuggled and fed the village and meat wagons(which weren't present at that place) hell not even the zombies are really infectious only putrid and rotting.
IIRC Arthas and his pals already BTFO the infected granaries before this mission so there was no way to spread more beyond Stratholme unless they managed to convert everyone into life energy for their buildings.

She obviously had a close relationship with Thrall after Reign of Chaos. Now that Arthas was dead and the invasion twarted she no doubt rode the BIG GREEN DICK.

It went down hill after her Dad found out about her perverted alliance with the orcs and Thrall killed him
bonus for the nuke in World of Warcraft

>Now that Arthas was dead
I ment he was gone from her life

Arthas, the greatest cuck of them all.

> sexually frustrated for that Jaina and Sylvannis poon the entire game
> starts out as an autistic virgin White Knight then starts hearing the Jew whisper in his ear
> Jaina gets pissed when he tries to save the white race and runs off with the Nigger King
> eventually rapes/hatefucks Sylvannis
> the Jew has him freeze his balls off just to kill his midget best friend and his father
> gets betrayed by the Jewlords
> destroys his entire Kingdom
> is eventually killed by a bunch of furries

That's just what I remember.

Then like all coal burners who pay the toll she did a 180 spin and went "Holy shit I hate orcs now 14/88" "I'm redpilled now"

The biggest cuck in WoW has to be Kael'Thas Sunstrider
He's like the Elliot Rodger of that universe and also kinda racist towards humans

>Is intellectual and sophisticated
>Studies magic all day
>Is a real god with magic
>Rich as fuck he's a prince and all
>All his family are wealthy or influential
>Has a crush on Jaina
>gets cucked by Arthas
>this in turn makes him resent him and humans for a while
>it became worse when he was forced to work under Garithos who hated elves for his own reasons
>in the ended up almost killing his people and sending them into some god forsaken barren planet full of demons and fel energy to keep them alive
>Swears loyalty to Illidan the (((Betrayer))) and later breaks it to become the antagonist of Akira only to end become more green and mean with fel and getting his ass kicked by random raiders and sucked into some vortex that leads to the Twisting Nether.
>Somewhat hated by his people at this point but some are still loyal