Baby Boomer wealth thrown into the trash because no one wants it

What's a matter with Millennials? The Baby Boomers are literally giving them wealth and they reject it. wtf? Explain this.

Other urls found in this thread:

csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2017/0725/Boomer-parents-One-day-this-will-all-be-yours.-Grown-children-Noooo
archive.is/IldSh
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Value is determined primarily by how much someone will exchange said good for, not the price tag you yourself put on it.

The ones saying no are liberal faggots. I'd gladly take anything from my parents that was given to me, even if I knew it would end up in the trash eventually.

Its a rise of them being children that cannot keep things together
Also, I don't know a single person over 70 that is actually keeping anything for their children.
Just look at the correlation between ideology and tiny houses

I used to work part time in an antiques store. People bring this shit in by the truckload, then get pissed when you tell them thier collect of sad clown plates the bought for $1000 from HSN is worthless.
>b-but the gold gilding
The worst raping I ever saw was an old man who brought in a bunch of paintings he bought on a cruise. He was convinced they were from famous artists. Turns out it's a regular scam some cruise lines would do. Once they crossed international waters they'd whip this shit out and convince them it was priceless. This was before wifi so there was no way to check. I honestly felt sorry for him.

When you will never be able to afford a house and feminism has destroyed any chance at a family you don't want some old shit from mom cluttering up your 1 bedroom apartment I guess.

Wow
Never vacation and Caribbean Jewsline I guess.

>that arm tho

When shows like American Pickers started coming out I saw people who uprooted their children from their lives to travel the country collecting bullshit, and lose it when they're told it's practically worthless

Boomers aren't the parents of millennials

Yea I think they fucked him out of a few grand but if it sounds too good to be true...

it was explained in the same fucking thread yesterday and the day before. sage report and hide this fucking shill slide thread.

The only thing that's worth any real money in that cabinet is the silver platter on the top shelf. Boomers spent their lives behaving like magpies and left their kids the 70s equivalents of bric-a-brac and Beanie Babies.

That and storage wars. There used to be some actual profit in buying storage spaces till that shot came along. Now they go for thousands. It's stupid.

Young people now dont want to be "held down" with ownership of anything. They all want to live in apartments. They all love the idea of car sharing. They get all their entertainment from their phones that fit in their pockets. All so they can travel. Travel is for some reason a very popular meme with people of this generation. They dont want to build, they just want to have fun. Its disgusting really.

To be honest, I don't want a lot of furniture and trinkets and shit: it takes up space. I'd rather just sell the house and put that away.

Most of what they have hoarded is garbage. Literal tat.

>shuttered place up the road with "x" county pickers on the sign out front
kek
How retarded can you be? Even the guys on the show never sell anything they buy on the show in their actual business. I bet they'd be closed too if they didn't have a show as well.

Yes they are, only really old Gen Xers who had kids young have Millennial children.

This is the designated 'fuck boomers' thread, user. Please understand.

>Be boomer
>Spend tens of thousands of dollars on worthless bullshit ''''collections''''
>Act surprised when nobody wants your worthless bullshit

Value is entirely dependent on how much someone is willing to pay for it. If you can't give it away, it's because it's worth less than nothing.

>cups and saucers.
>wealth
yea please kys

what is there to understand?

the baby boomer generation wasted mountains of cash on frivolous bullshit.

most gen X children are going to be left to deal their baby boomer parenst estate that has negative value.

>baby boomers blow 50% of their disposable income on kitschy garbage instead of saving and investing it
>expect their children to be happy that they get to inherit a collection of porcelain giraffes and moldy wicker furniture
>oh, and the house with only an eighth of its mortgage paid off

sounds accurate

Old people collect stupid worthless shit that nobody else wants, what else is new?

Oh look it's your hourly "complaining about millenials" divide and slide thread.

I investigated that company. They got their asses sued off and a couple of the principals did some jail time.

When my grandparents died, my parents and I took the stuff we wanted and got rid of/sold the rest. I got a lot of nice paintings/artwork/quality old hardwood furniture/etc. When my parents die, i will do the same. If you don't want the shit your parents have, then sell it. If you don't need the money or the shit is worthless, then give it away or throw it away. Not sure why that is a complicated thing for anyone.

Honestly anything involving Boomers should be scrubbed from the annuls of history. (That includes Millennials)

>this
no one has tons of space in their apartment to store old shit. if anything you could store a small piece of gold that is worth more.

>having so little respect for your parents that you tiptoe around their feelings and hoard their trash rather than saying that you don't want it

Okay, don't think I'm weird or anything, but that's a really nice china collection. The tea service is aesthetic as fuck, and that gilt black plate in the center in front of the silver tray really brings everything together. It's a very nice display.

Nice

>Hating on tiny houses
I plan on buying a piece of land and building a tiny house so I can stop paying the rent jew. When it's time to start a family I'll build a real house on the land and turn the tiny house into a guesthouse, or a cuck shed, either or.

People who have to move across the country to find work every 3-5 years don't want much stuff to weigh them down. Same reason millenials aren't buying houses.

example

parents built a modest house in nice desirable(white) area in the late 80s. My father made enough money in the 90s to pay it off and pay for colludge. instead they spend everything living the life and have remortgaged the house taking money out.

yeah.. here, take this million dollar house in the middle of nowheresville that no one wants to buy for a million dollars.
oh. ps. you now owe 10k in taxes every year.

I've worked at thrift stores for the better part of a decade, I've seen first hand that most people's first response to inheriting all this shit is to offload it as soon as possible. They quickly realize that they can't even give it away so they come to thrift stores where most of it is either thrown out, stolen/bought cheap and resold by employees, or sold in the store to other old people who will then leave it to their kids. At least 5 times a week I get an elderly donators who give me tearful stories about the memories they have about each little item, all the while I'm thinking 'I'm going to throw that out the minute you drive away'

Some mass produced ceramic garbage made in the 60s is not an antique you old retards.

>They all want to live in apartments. They all love the idea of car sharing.

I'm sure housing prices and the exorbitant costs of having a car in the city have nothing to do with this, you crusty boomer fuck.

I've noticed that boomers who don't have strong relationships with their children often attempt to "create" traditions as a means of giving them closer. For example, last year my father, who I don't have a great relationship with (he's morbidly obese, needy, and ambitionless) got me a Canadian $20 bill. I don't like Canada. He's not from Canada and only went there once. Neither of us has any real emotional connection with Canada, the bill, or even each other (I was raised by my mother and have barely seen him since I was 9).

But still, he gave me the $20 bill and said that he had another $20 just like it, and that it would be like a tradition to remember him by. Although I didn't think much of it at the time (he tried similar gestures in the past), the more I thought about it the more depressed I became. To him, this was a real gesture to repair the rift between us. I don't doubt his sincerity, nor do I think that he was a bad person. I just don't respect him and don't want him to be a part of my life, or my childrens' life.

Eventually I realized that that is how he - and perhaps his generation - was taught to approach traditions. Rather than based any anything substantive, like a shared experience or at least a shared past, they view traditions as something you buy. That's why you have a flood of Boomers with crap they don't want - someone sold them "family china" as something that they could pass down to their children. They probably kept in a cabinet (like my mother did), never using it for meals because they might "ruin" it. It use didn't matter to them, only what it represented. Then, when they're at the end of their life, they are shoked that their children have no attachment to these things. With this approach in mind, the neolib/neocon phenomenon of the last thirty years aren't suprising - sad old people desperate to create meaning but not knowing how.

I don't hate my parents, or the Boomers, but I don't want to be like them. We can be better.

That is a pretty low scam...
The internet is truly a new level of enlightenment

that is a lot of shit to find room for desu senpai

americucks, everyone

>At least 5 times a week I get an elderly donators who give me tearful stories about the memories they have about each little item, all the while I'm thinking 'I'm going to throw that out the minute you drive away'
That's depressing even though I understand why.

Can I get a link that I can mail to my mother pls? ty

>giving them wealth
If by wealth you mean worthless garbage that costs more than it's worth to get rid of then yes we are rejecting that stuff.

How many times are we going to see this same thread? Fuck off.

Thanks egghead, way to miss the point

The point is, your mother was an idiot and pissed her money away on garbage.

Holy fuck that is depressing. Never thought of it in that way.

Id sure take that Waterford crystal off their hands

dont forget - you will end up paying the full value of the house just in taxes over your lifetime

>worthless bullshit ''''collections''''
They aren't collections, they are accumulations.
As in they accumulated a bunch of trash over the years.

Then they watch antiques roadshow and thing everything they own is worth thousands of dollars just because it's old.
In reality almost all of it is going in the trash when the house is sold by the children, no one wants 500 pounds of cheap china that you never use and takes up enormous amounts of space.

The death of the boomers will cause a massive shift in the wealth of western nations. Hopefully that causes another baby boom

The average millineal will spend 8x more on housing costs than their parents. For the overwhelming majority of our generation, purchasing housing is out of reach. We can also count out on inheriting housing from our parents, because most of those are mortgaged or leveraged to the hilt to fund Boomer's ridiculous lifestyle and lack of savings.

The cost of a $2000 trip to Europe's great cities is well worth it, and insignificant compared to actual housing costs today.

Car sharing is fine - suburbs are not only a blight on our enviornment and our culture (yay ugly mass produced buildings), but also our wallets. In most cities, a car is unnecessary.

It might be until Generation Z until the housing market stabalizes

The true redpill on millennials/Gen Y is that they're actually a really based gen. They're the ones who finally woke up to the system and helped kickstart a massive resurgence of conservatism/nationalism. No amount of MSM clickbait complaining about them will change that.

t. assblasted underemployed NYC-dwelling shitlib

>"But all the affordable housing is in those racist prole flyover states!"

user knows the truth.

We had a cabinet full of completely worthless china that had never been used when my mother died.

Could not even get rid of it, just threw the entire thing into the dumpster we rented to clear all the junk out of the house.

Original
csmonitor.com/USA/Society/2017/0725/Boomer-parents-One-day-this-will-all-be-yours.-Grown-children-Noooo

Archive
archive.is/IldSh

Wagecuck consumer detected

My mother worked a 9 to 5 her whole life and spent her money on crap like this.

She not only doesn't give a fuck, she probably is glad that she is proving a point to me.

women collect a bunch of worthless crap. it's one of the downsides of having a girlfriend or wife
i am glad i am a virgin

China is basically like Pokemon cards, it was hot shit and now nobody cares.

>Baby Boomers having wealth
Are you sure you don't mean mountains of debt?

My family actually has some cool stuff to inherit, since they lived in SEasia and Europe in the past, so we've got big german beer mugs alongside creepy sculptures and so on.

Coolest thing is a massive machete with a bone-carved hilt and dried blood on the blade.

Kek. My boss (may that fucking boomer cunt burn in hell soon for her sins and specifically what she did to me) had some wood chairs from scientists china that she took to Antiques Roadshow. They told they'd be worth about $500. She stopped watching the show and started telling people they didn't know what they were talking about.

That's probably because it's innate to them that this world is on it's way to destruction and they want to enjoy it while they can before it goes post apocalyptical.

Fuck man this kills me. Why are our parents so fucked up?

Yet another reason why baby boomers are trash. Instead of investing their money into college funds or valuable metals, they project their value sets onto their children by leaving behind an allotment of outdated, tacky, chinaman bullshit.

user, that is a very astute observation

If your parents retired making 100k/year and you inherit nothing, you can be sure that they did this consciously and did not give a single flying fuck about leaving you with a legacy. I know this from first hand experience because my parents are dying as we speak.

And good riddance.

This a million time

The boomer were the perfect goys, so fucking ignorant and naive that hit hurt to see them imo, like how their idyllic perception of reality they all eagerly espoused back in the hippies year was never going to happens and it was mostly their own fault because they had been a bunch of useful idiots their entire life and were left to grovel in the dust.

It's mostly crappy clutter that is difficult to sell anywhere but at a flea market. People dont have quality heirlooms anymore, they have Ikea, Ethan Allan, and Hummel figurines.

wtf are you a bot

in this same exact thread a few days ago you made this post

HOLY SHIT HER ARM

Sadly everything boomers think is valuable is weird ass shit like decorative plates and figurines while everything they think is trash is what's actually good.

My mom was ready to toss some oil paintings, some sweet stereo equipment from the early 80's and huge fermentation jug for making wine before I stopped her. She's already thrown out a bunch of stuff that I had fond memories of from my childhood including this old artificial christmas tree that we set up every year and all these vintage ornaments from the 70's and 80's. I was totally ready to take that for my first home and for my kids but nah, she couldn't give a shit.

Just sell it to other retarded baby boomers who are bitter and spending the rest of their money as their sad lives dwindle down to the zero timer.

sorry geezer but your junk wont sell on ebay at a high enough price to justify bothering to ship it to a buyer

its the problem with any physical object the value is based on what some one will pay not what you paid. collectors find that most people wont pay what the collector wants them to pay. only other collectors pay stupid prices for junk

Oh yeah a 1970's glass vase has so much value.

It's trash and it deserves to be treated like trash.

My dad has some of those big german beer tankards with the hinged lids too. Couple of old chinese vases too, he seems to think they are valuable but I have my doubts.

I hand-make custom furniture. I hope when I get old my kids would at least want that. But I wouldn't expect them to want any of my other silly hobby shit

this is a psyop newspiece created by kikes to convince dipshit millennials to foucs on greenbacks and not to "waste space" acquiring physical, collapse-proof valuables.

>> college funds
>>value sets
>>college

That explain so much about my own mother

Doesn't help I never really was a materialistic guy.

Oh yeah, I'm sure the dystopian future underground markets will happily accept your mum's collectible sporting legend ceramics as payment.

Yeah kids these days have no respect! Not earning enough to pay for the houses boomers are trying to sell. No respect I tell you.

Good thing gooks are still buying property in white countries. How else would we fund our retirement cruises?

Fucking this. People get so indignant when you tell them that their treasured antique is unsalable garbage to the vast majority of people who don't share their fond nostalgic memories of the item.
I've had dozens of fully grown adults undergo full on mental breakdowns/ temper tantrums when I've said no to the old garbage that they've convinced themselves is valuable just because they dropped a full paycheck on it back in 1976.

Never work at a thrift store if you can help it. It's way more stressful than it sounds.

Or a general education or trade workshop grant. Literally just a savings account for your grandkids to spend on developing market demanded skills and knowledge.

>tfw can't afford to move out of NYC because the cost of living is so high there's no viable way to save

Your mom's Paul Bunyan souvenier plates aren't worth shit.

Suburbs would be fine if Obongo didn't force a deliberate policy of filling them with section 8 blacks.

I didn't know this was a thing with boomers. My dad has 0 hobbies and hoards all his cash and wants to pass wealth on to my bro and I. My mom has a little collection of depression era glass and that's it, which is honestly kinda cool. I didn't know most boomers were broke and liked collecting trash

I don't think it's entirely their fault. They've been taught all of these myths all of their lives - civic nationalism, racial equality, the "pure evil" of whoever America's current boogeyman at the moment is. After seeing the world in one way for so long, it becomes diffcult to see it in any other way. This was never challenged because, when they were growing up the West was on a seemingly neverending ascent.

Although the cracks in this system seem obvious now, we shouldn't be surprised that they can't see them.

Nah, fuck em. Now look at this glass dolphin and porcelain gorilla I bought for $100, neat!

Old women discovering that tens of thousands of dollars spent on garbage like this results in nothing.

Women are the ones who spend money like this.

Really goes to show how much disposable incomes they had back then though

>They probably kept in a cabinet (like my mother did), never using it for meals because they might "ruin" it. It use didn't matter to them, only what it represented. Then, when they're at the end of their life, they are shoked that their children have no attachment to these things.

What makes this worse is the knowledge that if the parents had actually USED those things in daily life, for the things that it was supposed to be used for, someone might be more willing to turn them into an actual family heirloom that has emotional value. Actually take them and then use them, down through time.
But no.
A fortune in all aspects except memories.

The government won't let you. They'll shut it down for not having a concrete foundation, not being up to code, improper waste disposal etc and I sure as hell hope they don't catch you burning wood in the fireplace, that's jail time.

>I've worked at thrift stores for the better part of a decade

Sup fellow thrift store user. Our store was located near a retirement community, so we had a never ending ocean of useless crap to wade through.

One lady actually brought in the mattress that her fucking husband died on, complete with a giant stain from where he shat himself in his death throes. She kept me standing outside next to that mattress for five minutes, telling me meandering and pointless stories about her husband while I just wanted to torch her shit mattress and go home. I would get boxes of unused clothes, children's toys covered in unidentified sticky shit, books with chunks missing, broken electronics, used greeting cards, etc. My worst memory was finding two jackets stuck together, then pulling them apart to unleash a cloud of diarrhea dust that I promptly inhaled.

Even now, I live in a tiny condo and recently had my aunt try to offload a storage unit after seeing "how much" empty space I had.