I'm working on a paper for a class about drugs but i'm kind of stuck

i'm working on a paper for a class about drugs but i'm kind of stuck

can someone give me some good reasons why marijuana should still be illegal while alcohol and tobacco are legal

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ochpybachqo
youtube.com/watch?v=PIWlplxRVKg
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

alcohol is a beverage.
you can use tobacco and still be useful after.
try operating heavy machinery while high.

You could condense THC into a liquid brew if you wanted.

Marijuana is psychologically detrimental. Worse than what alcohol or tobacco does to the brain. Look up studies on it.

>Marijuana is psychologically detrimental. Worse than what alcohol or tobacco does to the brain. Look up studies on it.

This is probably the only legitimate argument. The psychoactive effects of THC have been somewhat verified to either trigger, accelerate, or worsen mental disorders such as schizophrenia and psychosis.

you can also chew tobacco. your point?
alcohol is still a beverage that has made way into dining tables thousands of years ago. your weed soup isn't very popular, atleast down here everyone smokes this shit and it stinks.

>alcohol is a beverage
How is this an argument?

There's no argument to be made other than from a corporate standpoint

and youd be even more fucked up than if you smoked it. how dumb can you be?

>The psychoactive effects of THC have been somewhat verified to either trigger, accelerate, or worsen mental disorders such as schizophrenia and psychosis.
Only if you already have it, be it active or dormant.

i mean it's not a drug retard. atleast i don't see it that way.

That's not the right way of viewing it.

Alcohol should be illegal too.

But the majority of people are mentally 14 so you know "legulize w33d xD git druhnk xDDD"

I don't think any drug should be illegal, but I can tell you the cons of constant marijuana smoking on a daily basis.

>Extremely psychologically addictive
>Memory loss
>Fewer memories, thus weeks feel like days
>Laziness
>Antisocial behavior
>Excessive eating
>Running from problems

16 year old newfags at life will disagree with me, but marijuana is NOT WORTH IT IN THE LONG RUN. It feels great at first, but it will be your downfall.

Also OP for the sake of argument you could state that those substances should be banned as well. You could even go as far to say added sugar in food should be banned.

i woke up yesterday with the grand realization that we can never fight any more brother wars. Then a few hours later I was being arrested for carrying 0.5 g on me. Luckily I got off with this bullshit caution (3 strikes and you go to court). The cops who work this job (like 8 of them milling around the station on a saturday morning). It was hilariously sad, and it showed me that we are being pushed into fighting our brothers every single day. The experience was partly degrading to my soul, but also in a sense I have more respect for my self now, because I got through the experience calmly, I presented to the police an image of the scum they were without out rightly saying it (that would have just been useless and would have hindered my freedom - I did feign tears to the extent that by the end these guys were actually interrogating and while doing so actually using body language to indicate how I should best respond). It made me respect myself more that I handled the experience very calmly. I actually respect myself more after it. I dont drink, I regulalry excercise and will smoke only a few times a week, and when I do so its only 3 cones in the night. I actually really do respect myself more, and the fact that these scum cops drink alcohol, well all I can say is the whole experience was a PSA for why you should smoke cannabis instead of alcohol. Overall I feel good, comfortable with how these weak scum police officers helped me realize that the only evil is weakness, the only good is strength. Though the brother wars and the degradation of society creates more weakness and we must combat it.

>you can also chew tobacco. your point?
The only inference I could make was that beverages are somehow held outside the discussion of psychoactive substances.

>alcohol is still a beverage that has made way into dining tables thousands of years ago. your weed soup isn't very popular, atleast down here everyone smokes this shit and it stinks.
Point taken: tradition and historical precedence places alcohol in a different order. You could say the same with other drugs though: opium has been popular for thousands of years as well. Furthermore, the alcohol you drink today is a very specialized version of the alcohol people drank thousands of years ago. For example, while it's a misnomer to call, what the Ancient Egyptians had consumed, "bread water", it was still a "beer" with very little intoxicating effect and served more as a sterile drink that had any harmful bacteria removed. Most 80 proof alcohols are very recent inventions, coming about just a few centuries prior.

>Only if you already have it, be it active or dormant.

Yes, exactly. If you have a genetic predisposition for these mental disorders, marijuana can be a detriment to you. It's still an argument, but it really only applies to this minority of peoples.

For starters, don't miss out the fact that alcohol comes from culture, not from some edgy anachirst wannabe cult, I mean that
>BECAUSE WEED IS TOTALLY THE HARDCORE-EST OF DRUGS
>DUDE WEED LMAO
Also, I'm not really sure about this one, but once I had a talk with a University student at work who was researching this kind of stuff, and told me weed contains some components that slow mental development and can completely stop it.
This gave me a reason for why weed should be illegal, if it's legal, minors can get it one way or another, wich would fuck up their brains that are still going trough phases and mood swings.

Tobacco is more complicated, because tobacco itself, doesn't give cancer, what does give cancer, it's what's in a cigar, being rat poisoning in white paper, this is why weed doesn't cause cancer, most people don't put any of these on their blunts, but tobacco is not the cause of cancer.

Also, OP it's already illegal...

No reason. Alcohol is way fucking worse.

Alcohol = increased risk for klebsiella pneumoniae, liver cirrchosis, alcoholic ketoacidosis, bladder cancer, dilated cardiomyopathy, toxic cardiomypoathy, sideroblastic anemia, wernicke's encephalopathy, cerebellar tremors and a whole list of other shit.

Alcohol is an order of magnitude worse than weed.

>old alcoholic beverages had different percentages of alcohol so your whole argument is invalid
meh
>opium has been popular for thousands of year as well.
color me surprised. it's almost as we don't have opioids selling at the pharmacy next door.
i'm okay with THC pills tho. just make the potheads have a real reason to use them, a real disease.

oh okay, pot brownies aren't a drug either then
cool
brb doing legal stuff

the rest of the thread is there for you to read.
god why every post under the deus flag has been utter shit ultimately?

Do some research. You're on Sup Forums so I'm sure you have a feeling one way or another about this and any professor worth their weight in dirt would accept a well written paper supporting either side.
Reasons you could bring up, but would have plenty of holes, would be lack of research, little understanding of long term effects, association with activating schizophrenia/mental disorders in those who are genetically predisposed, lack of regulation currently in place and psychedelic effects which neither alcohol or tobacco currently provide. Might also be worth trying to work synthesized marijuana in there somehow, as just having the natural weed associated with it by name is usually enough to make people slightly more tepid.
If you're doing this for anything below graduate though, I can't imagine your prof cares as long as it's well written + structured and the arguments aren't immediately stupid on their face.

Cannabis lowers productivity.

This 200 times over. Smoking doesn't destroy you the way alcoholism does, but every time I see an user talk about his life post-smoking weed habitually, they talk about how it made them lazy in the sense that they were unwilling to fight for more in life. Always content and never willing to change for the better.

try operating heavy machinery while inebriated

youtube.com/watch?v=ochpybachqo

Weed is good 420 blaze it faggot

That's exactly why I don't touch the stuff any more. It made me content with being useless and with achieving nothing. It took all the drive out of me.

It's time to legalize meth. Make America work again.

>can someone give me some good reasons why marijuana should still be illegal while alcohol and tobacco are legal

Because 3 piles of shit isn't better than 2

Alcohol can be consumed without immediately creating a high. You can drink a glass and get a little happy, but you will still be able to drive a car. Same with cigarette's obviously. However, with weed it immediately effects the user.

I had a lot of long time users say the same exact thing. They said they envied anyone who hadn't touched the stuff and always tells people to never start because they will eventually become complacent fatasses

Every (((person))) I've talked to says they loved the stuff "when they tried it once" and always recommends it. Wow, what a coincidence

the point i was trying to make is that alcohol is seen as a food, not a drug. your statement is like saying "try operating heavy machinery after taking chamomile tea, or after a bad night of sleep". just because it's not a drug it doesn't mean you should do it. sorry if it didn't came out the way i wanted it to mean.

but you can smoke 10 blunts and drive fine, driving isnt the problem nor is immediate effect. alcohol is only legal because its been culturally accepted for thousands and thousands of years, imagining a world of alcohol is very difficult considering its been around in one form or another for most of mankinds existence.

Alcohol is a mind-altering drug. It's been classified as one as far as I know.

every single person I knew who smoked weed, had to smoke it every day. They would smoke before school, at lunch, after school, hangin out at night.. every... single... day. I have never met anyone who drank alcohol that frequently.

>Alcohol is a mind-altering drug
so is sugar. we need to ban those damn snickers paco.

because drinking that frequently would literally kill you and it feels like shit, when it comes to weed you can smoke a LOT and still be fine, and the feeling is fun, a lot more fun than alcohol so its definitely psychologically addictive. the people who smoke every day like that smoke because they enjoy the feeling, similar to people who go to mcdonalds 8 times a day because they love their mcchickens. you wont die without it, you wont freak out without it, theres no physical addiction but youd like to do it, so you do it if you have the opportunity

Nonsense. Taking a shot will affect your motor functions by the time you get in the car, and it takes an hour for the liver to process one drink. There are multiple ways to use THC but smoking takes about 15 minutes to level out in the blood. You're still able to drive a car on just about any drug, just never as well as when sober

Alcohol is a gaba agonist, though. If it's not a drug then Xanax isn't either.

well i can't crack open a cold one made out of xanax. can you do that in america ?

surely you cannot actually be this retarded. if you drink alcohol to the point of intoxication you're obviously high

It's easy as hell to get benzos in the US, everyone is worrying about meth and heroin instead.

You're a fucking idiot

driving while high is not hard

t. pothead retard

and if you do enough cocaine lines you'll get an overdose. now it's your turn to tell me something obvious.

>meh
No, just kind of puts a dent in the argument. We classify beer, wine, hard liquor, et cetera as "alcohol" now but that's not how they were categorized back then.

>color me surprised. it's almost as we don't have opioids selling at the pharmacy next door.
You need a prescription though.

you are both annoying newfags

hahaha holy fuck

when i'm sober, i'm restless and bitter and nothing is ever good enough, so i'm "fighting" for more in life, "changing for the better," then if i ever smoke weed, i suddenly find peace, joy and readiness for death in the very instant i am in (which is a FAR superior state of mind), and a rush of creativity and visionary mentality comes to me, pain and death are accepted.

Surrender is underrated. It's the basis for every real "change for the better"

I support the public execution of all addicts to all such drugs.

These people are the cancer of society. They should be immediately destroyed or removed.

Anyone who doesn't have the discipline or intelligence to regulate their own behavior isn't a human being and can't be trusted to participate in human society.

Yea you're just a subhuman retard who's going to suck from the public dole his entire life.

>but not a pussy doh

LOL pathetic

Amazing argument user
I am now on your side

>research paper
>"im stuck"
How about do some research?

i thought i had the prescription thing covered when said they need a real disease to get the THC pills. sorry for not making it explicit tho.

Listen to Michael Savages show from this past Friday. He talks about this exact topic for much of the show

youtube.com/watch?v=PIWlplxRVKg

that's what every drunk guy says. that's what i said when i was 19. 2 years later and i'm still in debt with my dad for trashing his car. hope you don't make the same mistake.

you added a word to his point

he wrote:

>i'm working on a paper for a class about drugs but i'm kind of stuck

driving while high is easy, driving while drunk is not easy

being high and drunk are not the same

What kind of paper isn't a research paper? Can't cite poltards anyway.

It's a convenient reason to fuck someone life up.

Marijuana tastes like shit while beer tastes amazing.

Solid.

This fucking thread again.

no
because alcohol and tobacco should be illegal too

high school papers

you're just plain wrong

Wasn't the case even at my shitty HS.

good for you i guess. i would prefer a taxi to taking a ride with a pothead.

I smoke 2 or 3 times a month.

There is no denying that smoking weed every day robs you of ambition, but like all things moderation is key.

I also smoke a very small amount when I do. It keeps my tolerance low and it makes a tiny amount of flower last a long time. Basically it's something I do every now and then as a substitute for a night of bar shenanigans. It's a fraction of the cost, results in a night of great sleep, and has to be safer than drinking a ton of booze. And WAY safer than being around drunk people.

Moderation is key.

I'm not doing your homework for you, faggot.

Valerian is also a GABA agonist but is not considered a drug.

Simple. Alcohol has become a massive and an extremely important part of almost all cultures, so making it illegal again now would make it impossible to enforce or control. Not to mention its part in economics and it would destroy an unbelievable amount of jobs. Same with tobacco.

So all of this means that making another drug legal would lead to its acceptance, resulting in more use. If the goal is to limit drug use then legalizing another drug is the wrong way to go.

Hmm nope.

Romans used pot recreationaly.

Can't buy sassafras oil either. Don't see any sassafras fiends crying about it.

Not sure I get your point?

If you're still in high school; there's a high probability you can't browse Sup Forums anyway so checkmate faggot

They also buttfucked children regularly

shit Tyrone you'll make a fine gender studies tool some day.

I drive stoned all the time, get rekt faggot

Marijuana should still be illegal so niggers don't get even more uppity about where they use it.

Full disclosure: I smoke weed. In fact, I'm high right now, but I normally don't advertise it like I am now. Legalizing weed is among the least important issues of our time. It could only be considered after removing nigger culture.

Just show them what it does to people.

The same could be say about alcohol or tabacco.

Also weed doesn't cause physical dependence.

I was watching that jewflix documentary about alcohol prohibition, and honestly it sounded awesome. Illegal bars everywhere (no tax, no smoking bans in there)

Lots of different bars to suit different tastes, lots of different boozes to swill, I'd definitely patronise speak easys if they came back.

One pint (500ml) of beer at the pub costs 10-15 bucks here

could've said "i'm a nigger". would've worked just fine.

Alcohol doesn't do that...I'd rather be a miserable alcoholic than whatever that is. It's happy to be that way, lol. Alcoholics at least realize they have a problem.

Pretty much this. Although I sure wouldn't want to be a stoner in the deep south, you'd get a baton up your ass forsure.
Decriminalization is the answer, not legalized, but so you don't have to go to jail and get raped by niggers for it.

Weed and alcohol should both be illegal. In the absence of whatever pressure caused the prohibition to end, weed should remain illegal. Whatever pressure caused the prohibition to end is absent. Therefore, weed should remain illegal.

>t. an actual mix breed

I thought Brazilians were all about stopping racism?

idk but ur still fucking retarded regardless of that guy.

>alcohol isn't a drug it's a beverage
user, do you know what drugs are

Valerian is explicitly a drug. It's just not illegal.

it's impossible to be "racist" in brazil, as we don't have and definition of race. even our asians are counted as whites for most of the time. here race goes skin deep only. so we substitute "nigger" for "favelado" when talking with other brazilians. or gringos just call us monkeys anyways.

That's because alcoholics are DYING not just contributing to their already wasted life. The biggest hazard of weed is that it DOESN'T fuck up your life, you just can while on it.

Well you are monkeys playing with real people toys, so whatever.

tell me what is a drug then.
>inb4 it's something that can change your state of mind

>ancient people used alcohol recreationaly
>ancient people used tobacco recreationaly
>ancient people used pot recreationaly
not sure what you're confused about

>try operating heavy machinery while high.

I used to drive ALL the time whilst high for about 7 years, never was involved in a collision.