/sojg/ - State of Jefferson General (Back Again Edition)

Thread theme: youtube.com/watch?v=0wFczbAnmww

The State of Jefferson is a proposed US state in Northern California (less prominent, but noticeable in Southern Oregon). The State was first proposed in 1941 and a movement quickly sprung up. However, due to the importance of WW2, the movement quickly died down. Many years later during the 90s, the movement resurfaced. As California began rearing towards a very left leaning blue state, more and more northern counties, fed up with being tossed out and disregarded by the Californian government, began the campaign once more to create the State of Jefferson. This will not only bring a conservative state to the west coast, but put a dent in the democrat stranglehold of California and the west coast in general. Since Oroville, the movement has exploded in popularity, making it the most vocal state separation movement in the US. (Note there is another secession movement in Southern California known as the "State of Jackson", however it is not nearly as prominent as the conservative led movement in Northern California).

Links:

Official Website: soj51.org/

News Articles: krcrtv.com/news/local/shasta/state-of-jefferson-supporters-file-lawsuit-against-california/496024228

orovillemr.com/article/NB/20170529/LOCAL1/170529766

modbee.com/news/local/news-columns-blogs/jeff-jardine/article130705049.html

Can you hear us now?: youtube.com/watch?v=eddGRO5wUxY&t=80s

Youtube Videos:

youtube.com/watch?v=T8mwwjAeUGM&t=2s

youtube.com/watch?v=LdUIyhD0we0&t=71s

youtube.com/watch?v=lrDWdsjYGeY&t=1s

Other urls found in this thread:

cerescourier.com/section/11/article/9075/
mtshastanews.com/entertainment/20170804/state-of-jefferson-brewfest-and-cornhole-tournament-in-dunsmuir
redbluffdailynews.com/article/ND/20170720/NEWS/170729994
twitter.com/AnonBabble

bumparoo bumparee i bump thee

Give me jefferson or give me death!

No taxation without representation!

My only regret is I have but one pepe to give for my statehood

dude weed LMAO

I would move there if it became a state

I'm stationed in MD but I haven't changed my citizenship to MD because I want to still vote in CA elections for this movement

First heard about this when I moved to California in 2015 after going to Yosemite. I was at housekeeping camp when a big ass truck showed next to my tent with the big ass green flag on it, covered in Jefferson bumper stickers. After talking with the guy I think I like California again.

Some more recent articles that I forgot to mention:

cerescourier.com/section/11/article/9075/

mtshastanews.com/entertainment/20170804/state-of-jefferson-brewfest-and-cornhole-tournament-in-dunsmuir

redbluffdailynews.com/article/ND/20170720/NEWS/170729994

Fuck lake County. Also, fuck the entire coast. It's nothing but immigrant Mexicans, faggots, meth heads, and pot and pot accessories.

Agreed. The blues of the coast are quite idiotic.

Agree to an extent. There's still a lot of people that support the movement there, and it's beautiful areas.

yisss

Placer county here, did I make the cutoff?

Also, do we have a state constitution meme yet?

The 2nd amendment was put in place to overthrow corrupt government. You reckon if we can't secede from CA peacefully we can take the governments in areas we need?

(not very educated on this issue)

Fuck off, we're full.

The Bear River is S o J's southern border.

Go hang out at the Galleria Mall with your shitty Roseville friends. We don't want you.

Love,
Nevada County

But I'm in Lincoln, the white conservative part of placer :(

Ok, I'll help you over the fence, but don't tell anyone.

Nigger a fuck ton of southern counties want to join. We will accept all the help we can get. Also you are a blue county.

i see lots of support from kern

Due to California's prop system, we can vote to leave. If a majority votes yes it then goes to the federal legislature over whether we become a state or not.

If it happened I would move there. Also, Support from Orange County .

awwww but i wanna fight the california government
:(

Thanks. Lot's of support from the Southern California conservatives. I wouldn't be shocked to see a mass migration of conservatives to Jefferson from California if we separated.

...and once you guys get your skinny asses up here, youll outnumber the Grass Valley hippy communes and turn this place red.

Get up here, son.

Placer, El Dorado, Amador, Calaveras, Tuolumne, Mariposa, and Stanislaus are all a part of the movement now. In fact 5 of the 7 I mentioned have been here since 1992. Sorry to put a thorn into your dreams.

Not sure how that puts any thorns anywhere, but thank you.

Support you guys from Wake County, NC.

Hope you guys get independence.

there will surlely be riots and rebellion from the liberals.

Thank you. Appreciated.

Fuck em. We have more guns. We can put them down real quick like if they try to attack us.

What are they gonna do, yell at us? Idiots are afraid of guns.

STOP ASKING PEOPLE TO BUMP THE THREAD

Why are those red counties on the eastern border not included? The ones right below the green counties

And then all you Jefferson pieces of shit would cry about all the "Californians" moving north.

See: Oregon, Idaho, Washington, Arizona, Texas, Montana

You think so cal conservatives are the same racist, xenophobic, 4X4-driving, white trash Hicks as in the north counties?

alpine and mono county are not red. Theyre blue.

Hi White Bros

SoCal liberals really do move through out the west and take their values with them. Its noticeable here in Washington their politics and culture being noticeably different.
t. Lived in Washington State for 12 years

Red in the OP picture, but ok so they vote Democrat mostly

Considering thats the thing you respond with a valid point, I assume you either dont live here, or are a huge left leaning person. Or a person LARPing as someone from the left.

Sad though. They would be our link to conservative counties in the south. But then the state would get too large.

>conservative northern California
shit, I might be tempted to move.

Its quite beautiful up here.

Just remember, when we become a state, Jefferson takes 83% of California's water with it.

>tfw Nevada controls the other half

Don't live there, but I spend many of my days there. Know plenty of people from there.

I am left leaning on many things (gays, abortion, atheism, pot, consumer protection).

But right on other things (guns, immigration, affirmative action, tough on crime).

I have to look good and hard to find a Confederate flag once I pass south of the Sacramento County border. As conservative as Placer county is, I dont think I've seen them across the back windows of many trucks. Laborers north of Sacramento might be more likely to have "White Pride" or swastika tattoos than a conservative from southern California.

Water rights are controlled at the Federal level, user.

Ironically, the Calexit movement refers to us as radicals, and yet they want to separate from the Union.

Indeed. And if California tries to secede then we block all their water.

Plumas county checking in. Ready to kill niggers, spics, and fags for freedom!

bump

split the bitch in three.

I don't think that's how it works.

Now, if you were talking about the lefties who want to secede either all, or just the liberal parts of California from the Union, then you might be on to something. Because I don't think Shasta and Oroville water will be pumped into the Central Valley and State Water Projects to supply a foreign nation

>Don't live there.

I have lived here for a while. I have been to nearly all the counties up here and have been to many small towns and communities. So once you generalize all of us as those kind of things because of *lol I see more confederate flags* then you are a fucking dumbass.

Truthfully, you are both radicals.

You didnt read my response apparently.

>Radical

Yes, a moderate who wants more representation and less taxation and wants to escape the abuse of rural communities by the Californian legislature is a radical.

What needs to happen for this place to legally become a state? I assume that the people I'm the area would support the idea, but Congress would be very tough to get by.

Sounds pretty rad to me.

A proposition to pass by majority vote by the counties. Then it goes to majority vote in the federal legislature, which is controlled by republicans.

I remember reading that there has been a vote already, but was it unofficial?

I'm so fucking glad a successful thread about this subject is finally alive. We shall conquer the west coast just as we did in the past. We will rid it of the modern day Indians, the Democrats.

supreme court has to be nuclear tier trump loyalists and trump has to WANT THIS to get loyal jurors to allow Jefferson to secede without invoking the constiJEWtion keeping white californians from political representation in California.

t. Jeffersonian

It was a declaration of secession from California. However a prop vote must go through in order for this to be achieved.

Ok, so what do you need to get the vote going? If money is an issue I'm sure that half the country would be willing to donate something to your cause. I sure would.

Realistically what are the chances that this happens

>tfw my precious SLO county can't make it into Jefferson

It's the whitest county south of Jefferson, a shame that I may live to see it completely browned

There actually is a donations page on the official website: soj51.org We need signatures from 5% of Jefferson's population to officially send the prop for it to be accepted.

Not very high. Maybe it could happen at the same time as Calexit. Two birds one stone.

>What are they gonna do, yell at us? Idiots are afraid of guns.
They're convinced they state police and Nasty Girls will crush us like ripe grapes. Even the 'conservatives' among them think so. They're so full of their own effortless power and license it's terrifying.

Fuckin A yes Jefferson is a good idea. But we need to keep penryn. Got family n land down there. Someday it'll be mine, n I'll be goddamned if I wanna be part of fuckin socal. Nevada county is still pretty fuckin white. N GV is still little Germany. If only ICE would come to town n take the hippies, also, I'd be a happy camper.

It's growing every day. It's to the point now where it would be more realistic to pass through the federal legislature as opposed to Puerto Rico. Getting it there is the problem.

Not to high, but it's not a pipe dream. Unlike the calexit thing, they aren't looking to leave the union, and they have a willing populace. The willing populace is the key issue, and if they keep bitching it could happen eventually.

See

are we voting for calexit so when the time comes we can split up cuckfornia and add the conservative state of jefferson?

Ok, well I'm not in Jefferson, but I will probably donate. Good luck!

I grew up in Shasta Co. This debate has been going on forever now..I would love to see it happen but wouldnt think Humboldt and Mendocino counties would join up desu.. meh I live on Cape Cod now anyways

Yes, I forgot saying that the hippies and far leftists and the coast are idiotic means that Im a racist xenohphobic yada yada yada.

I really do enjoy the scenery up here.

Know, but according to you, you are a dumbass.

Jackson is a better name than Jefferson, imo

Let me know how non-cali fags can help

I dont get it.. all these northern farmers in the areas depend on illegal Mexicans for labor.. people of Jefferson are not conservative republicans. More like libertarians liberals who shit on democrats and republicans

Thank God my shitty county makes falls within Jefferson. I really doubted it coming south of Sac. Mexicans will start bailing for the PR of Kalifornia and we will have the peace ful pristine farmland my grandparents told us about.

Incorrect. I have already stated that my time here has been for years and I know the people over there. Many of the leftists are idiots, and I have seen it firsthand especially around Humboldt and Mendocino. Given that I have years of experience I come to the conclusion. You however do not.

Stanislaus?

No we fucking aren't, faggot.

That is very very incorrect.

Western New York has the same issue with NYC and other downstate libs. NYS would be swing red without the garbage that is NYC.

Here's theoretical for you:
The civil war decided states can't secede from the union, but what about seceding from a state? For instance, could the people of Kansas City secede from Kansas and Missouri to form their own state? Could Illinois be divided up to handle their bankruptcy? As long as the people in the seceding area are willing, do they have the right?

The constitution states that with the consent of the state and federal governments, a state can be formed. This would normally be a problem, however due to California's (and I think Illinois) proposition system in which citizens propose and vote in their own legislature, the consent can be bypassed in California with a simple majority vote in the counties involved.

Yes sir. ModestoFag.

Well welcome to the party I guess. It's always nice to have more support.

THE ONLY WAY THIS WILL HAPPEN IS IF YOU GET TRUMP TO TALK ABOUT IT! WE MUST GET TRUMP TO TALK ABOUT IT.

It is true that we need a high profile person to draw attention. That would be the best way to get support quickly.

Yah I am in stanislaus. I was surprised to see it in the pic.

Trying to get my parents to move out of CA, jefferson or not.

I don't think any state would allow it though. Obviously no one would kill each other but losing anywhere means losing tax money. Still though it's fun to imagine. The Feds would absolutely have to get involved

More support is being rounded up from Stanislaus from restricted water rights put onto the farmer populace of the central valley.