Really regret giving atlantic 1049 of my shekels now

Really regret giving atlantic 1049 of my shekels now.

Other urls found in this thread:

justnet.org/pdf/Understanding-Armor-Protection.pdf
youtube.com/watch?v=dYkyjntXeOs
youtube.com/watch?v=KAHUnw3u6WE
youtube.com/watch?v=jET4I6oySsw
luckygunner.com/rifle/303-british-ammo
youtu.be/o5f1Fo4r4_I?t=2m24s
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

Damn....well I'm in commiefornia where I can't buy "assault rifles" anymore so I'm still glad I picked it up at the height of Hillary mania.

Bravo Company USA ftw

.308 kicks too much, 5.56 is much more pleasant to shoot

I got the Century Arms version from Academy for $699. A little rough around the edges but fun.

Should've saved up for an FN Fal

80% lowers, a cheap drill press from Harbor Freight, an AR mill kit FTW
fuck boutique ARs

Why would I want an FAL clone?

Also

Should've gotten the GI from Atlantic. I think they have metal lowers now.

.308 will get you through most basic level 1 armor though.

It's ok. If it makes you feel better mine blew up in my hands. The mag blew straight out the bottom and nearly missed my feet and obliterated so bad I couldn't even what was left of the mag (outdoor range). Magwell looked like a loony tunes cartoon because the rectangle had turned into a large oval. Bolt face was obliterated but the barrel was good if that means something. Lost no toes and fingers. I just put it down and said to my friend "I'm not even mad" and then smoked a cigarette while my hands were shaking like a bitch.

/k/ American here. You did good, you'll be very pleased with it. PTR is a good brand, much better than century cetme rifles.

Ignore these Sup Forumsoks talking about "too much kick" or "get a FN FAL"

Reasonable people who know what they're talking about understand a reasonable purchase when they see one, rather than regurgitating what they heard from someone else.

Off topic, but is Nosler 26 a meme?

Been thinking of getting a PTR 91. Only real criticism I hear of it is that it's heavy to carry for long periods. How do you like it?

good luck hittings something at 800 yards with you plink .556 ammo

>fuddlore things that didn't happen.

Pics or you're simply repeating the story from TFB about polycase ammo blowing up a ptr.

I can't hit shit at 800 yards anyway jokes on you bithc

Nato spec 5.56 is accurate to 800m with a proper rifle. Stop talking out your ass.

Yeah, but I'm not sure level 1 armor is a real thing, at least not with NIJ ratings. II A is normally the lowest, and that's for handgun rounds. 5.56 out of a 20 inch barrel or just something high velocity like M855A1 can punch through some 3+ armor.
justnet.org/pdf/Understanding-Armor-Protection.pdf

I wouldnt buy that for the current price. Or at all. Shoulda built an AR10 from parts

Just bought one, thanks user.

Uber faggot

I'm not convinced I'll ever need anything better than my 30.06 rifle and 6.5 Grendel AR.

if only we had a board for discussing weapons.

At 50-100 yards 308 is def gonna kill someone wearing body armor. Watch it on youtube

youtube.com/watch?v=dYkyjntXeOs
wut

Buy surplus

Yeah, I'm not disagreeing with you. It'll definitely punch through everything up to III+, it's just that 5.56 will penetrate a lot better.

Is that an M48? I've been looking at M24/47's, Mausers have always seemed neat.

30.06 is slightly longer range than .308 but theres no ar style 30.06. .308 is a great round though

>800 yards
I've never needed to shoot past 300.

Not everyone pretends to be a sniper online.

No it wont... Theres not enough kinetic energy in a fuckin 55 grain 5.56 round. I have 9mm pistol ammo that is twice the weight of a fucking 556 rifle round. Thats pathetic

Good luck hitting anything at 800 yards outside of your local range you memeing shitposter

Dude this is not the only or most common armor. Try other videos dipshit

G3 clone.

Soft armor? Obviously. Any intermediate or full power rifle cartridge will penetrate level 3a. Level 3 or 4 standalone plates, not so much.

What (or who) the fuck are you going to be shooting that's wearing BA?

>80% lowers, a cheap drill press from Harbor Freight, an AR mill kit FTW
>fuck boutique ARs

You can get actual "mini-mills" for $600 now from ching chong china.

Getting one as soon as I have a job again.

Toys are for girls, grow a pair and get serious.

>being this bad at marksmanship
You should take your .308 and see if you can hit your brain stem at 3mm.

Ameribros, help me out. I'm thinking of getting a gun: double-barreled shotgun or Lee Enfield?

I got a moisin too, just refinished it.
Its wartime made (1943) from the izhevsk plant. All the serial numbers match up too.

I made a vow to never move there.
I'll become a garbage man before I head out to Commiefornia

If the quality of the rifle was decent, id buy this. Just to even put a few rounds downrange before reselling it. These rifles are fun to shoot and cheap if you get Russian ammo crates.

No. 5.56 penetrates armor better than 7.62. 7.62 will penetrate cover better, sure, but not armor.
>7.62x51
youtube.com/watch?v=KAHUnw3u6WE
>5.56
youtube.com/watch?v=jET4I6oySsw

You have bad form. Been shooting .308 and .30-06 since I was 11, and never had trouble, because my dad took the time to teach me properly

leaf why did you refinish milsurp
you aren't supposed to violate history reeeeeeeeee

both

For a first, which one?

Enfields are one of the smoothest bolt actions, hence the whole mad minute thing, so I'd say they're always a good choice.I prefer rifles to shotguns, but that's just my opinion. I've never found a use for shotguns besides shooting exotic ammo. I don't know how expensive ammo or rifles are for you poor sods.

There are millions of em. They are not artifacts

>ar500
Trash.

Yeah, I know. Ceramic or get killed by spalling. Or heat exhaustion lol

Cheapest Lee Enfield I can see on one website is £400.

That's not too bad. When I've briefly looked, examples hover around 500-600 around where I am. How's .303?

this
It looked like shit. Plus it was 200 leaf bucks. I am using it to learn how to glass bed and othr general tinkering.

$500 would be cheaper than £400, so that's a better deal. On the first website I found, 100 .303 rounds cost just below £60. I don't know how prices are in America, but I can assume it's much cheaper in your country.

Wait a minute. If you're wearing this armor out at lets say 100 yards, and i hit you with a 308, is there zero energy transfering off of the back side of that plate and onto your center mass?
Or are you going to fall and panic because you feel "something is wrong" from the energy dumping onto your fucking organs?
And if you fall or turn to retreat, do I not simply keep hitting you until i get an unprotected part of your body?

I don't know exact prices, as one of my range friends has an No4 Mk1. Very nice rifle, enjoyable to shoot. I think that's around our prices, just looking around. luckygunner.com/rifle/303-british-ammo

Anyways, best of luck Anglo user. Hope all of your /k/ related adventures go well.

Thank you very much, burgerbro.
Have to work pretty hard with the (((laws))) we have in place, but it can be done. Count your blessings and thank God that you were born an American.

>is there zero energy transfering off of the back side of that plate and onto your center mass?
If a plate is rated for a particular threat, then you're not going to fall down when hit unless you are actually retarded.
youtu.be/o5f1Fo4r4_I?t=2m24s

Actually an m24/47 my son. 180 cash.

Mines dated at 1927. All matching numbers too, Tula arsenal. Paid 360 for it.

Wish I had more pictures friendos.

.308 has horrible ballistics.

If you want an 800m rifle you need to run .300 win mag at the very least.

.308 out of my Scar 17 kicks only a little more than 5.56.

That's a fantastic price. Damn, I wish I hadn't missed out on the days of cheap military surplus and AK's. But on the other hand, AR's are ridiculously cheap now.

I've been wanting to try shooting a SCAR, I've heard they don't kick much. Haven't seen one I could rent at a range though.

.308 is also pretty pricey. If you hand load or go hunting I could see it being useful, but if you just want to plink for a few hours at the range it's gotta be kinda tough on your wallet.

Type it, manifest #2, send it to the same place. Four tires again.

Dude I know. There was a 4th of July sale my friend pointed me to, basically buildings at for 350. But I'll let you know, I got that m24/47 about 1-2 years ago. Just some random dude with a table full of them. Also equally as funny, the import marks on the barrel list it as an m48

>.308 has horrible ballistics.
That's a bit of an overstatement. 308 works fine in 1000 yard F-Class shooting. Not the best option for that kind of range, but hardly horrible.

fuck off

why? PTRs are great

kek. gb 2 vidya gaymes

>being this much of a shit shot

c308 master race

shits basically a g3 so cash

I'm directly blaming the gun. The end result was user error. I think what happened is it didn't feed a round so good and I pulled it back and it somehow didn't kick the extractor and I let it ride forward and it chambered. The round most likely was pushed farther in the bullet as it was bench reload and the pressure had exponentially increased causing a blowout. Force of least resistance pushed the bold back and destroyed it and pushed the mag and magwell out with incredible force. I'm just glad the mag didn't hit my feet cause I was just wearing sneakers.

Besides I've moved onto bigger things. Pic related as I can't find old photos of blown up PTR. Must have been on old phone.

that commie mag

>I'm NOT directly blaming the gun.

That's a hell of a typo and I pretty much made the opposite argument thankfully.

Don't worry I uncucked her and live in a free state now.

Fug, I just caught all sorts of typos. Getting late.

>this faggot rail covered shit instead of the real deal
fucking kill yourself

>Shit Americans say

Why wouldn't you get a century c308? It's a rebuilt g3 from surplus rifles. It retails at around 500.

Should have gotten this MP5 instead

I hope this is bait...

>Shit Europeans can't own

Dont let him pick your pocket!

CDNN has PTR91 rifles for about $800-900 pretty regularly. Too bad 20 round German magazines aren't around for 50¢ each anymore though.

.308 accurate, punches hard, green tips penetrate lv111 armor, and as far as kick is considered don't be a bitch get tough.

>PTR
>accurate
?

I see what you did there you cheeky Aussie.

there are gorillions of mosins. if it's not a special one who give a shit?

Heavy not really accurate 2+ moa and sucks ass to mount optics no last shot hold open. Great weapon in 1975 but not today and not for the money.

Smith and Wesson M&P 10 much better in all regards for same money.

And yes I owned a ptr 91

IS THAY FAMAS?