How the fuck does anyone support capital punishment?

How the fuck does anyone support capital punishment?

It's more expensive for the state than life sentences and the state obviously shouldn't be allowed to kill anyone anyway.

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/world/2011/jun/20/california-death-penalty-execution-costs
deathpenalty.org/facts/5-myths-death-penalty/
deathpenalty.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=001000
theguardian
archive.is/t0uQD
youtube.com/watch?v=BnbNu4vl2Q0
youtube.com/watch?v=170lmMrsj9Y
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

You're right no one should ever die.

>killing someone is more expensive than feeding and housing them for 25+ years
Please, where is your source for this? The only reason I don't support capital punishment is because my views are now against the state and it would be foolish to wish for my death for my anti-state opinions

>Please, where is your source for this?

Might depend on location but:

theguardian.com/world/2011/jun/20/california-death-penalty-execution-costs

>The alternative to capital punishment – sentencing the most serious crimes to life in prison with no chance of parole – would by comparison be much cheaper. The authors calculate that every year California spends almost $200m more than it would were all death row inmates transferred on to life without parole.

>Capital punishment is rife with hidden costs. The extra security involved in death row adds about $100,000 a year per prisoner, the initial trial costs more than $1m on top of that of a life-without-parole case and each appeal costs $300,000 in lawyers' fees.

deathpenalty.org/facts/5-myths-death-penalty/

>there are a lot of unavoidable costs that make a death sentence far more expensive than a sentence of life without parole.

>Most of these costs result from the unique status of the death penalty within the US justice system. Because it’s the only truly irreversible form of punishment, the Constitution requires a long and complex judicial process for capital cases, including several levels of mandatory review after a death sentence is issued. The appeals process takes decades to complete.

>Studies of the California death penalty system, the largest in the US, have revealed that a death sentence costs at least 18 times as much as a sentence of life without parole would cost.

deathpenalty.procon.org/view.answers.php?questionID=001000

It wouldn't be if we fucking did it right.
Bullets are exceptionally cheap.
>but what if he's innocent
We're talking about something that's likely rare, I haven't seen the stats on it.
It's an assumed risk, but there are plenty of monsters on death row or sentenced to life in prison that would be better served by a bullet.

Always archive

>theguardian com/world/2011/jun/20/california-death-penalty-execution-costs
archive.is/t0uQD

>It's more expensive for the state than life sentences
it doesnt have to be

keep them alive and put them to work.

Is the OP pic legal, because I have a giant boner.

>lawyers costing 1.3m per prisoner
Clearly the problem here is overcharging kike lawyers, and government typically never haggling service charges because they are filled with incompetent fucks

>it doesnt have to be
Sure, but then your legal system has a serious issue.

Reminder to watch The Life of David Gale.
youtube.com/watch?v=BnbNu4vl2Q0

Capital punishment is necessary and worth to keep for those people who've earned it. There was a state who considered removing the death sentence then someone goes and does something that makes them change their minds. Maybe solve horrendous violent crime or serial killers before removing the one thing that they fear.

>It's more expensive for the state
pffffftttttt FAKE NEWS, it literally costs a dollar where I live.

>a movie which isn't real means its bad
If it was 'so obvious' he was innocent like that trailer makes out, how did he get convicted at all?

Flamethrower executions for convicted pedophiles and traitors.

>If it was 'so obvious' he was innocent like that trailer makes out, how did he get convicted at all?
Because you haven't seen the movie.

>Nobody has killed my family: the post

pls tell me she's 18...

>someone kills my family
>kill them
>now that person's family is slighted
Great solution.

No one but a leaf would post this

Enlighten me on the plot, I'm not watching a Spacey film

10cent executions?

>t's more expensive for the state than life sentences

Only because we make such a huge production out of it. I'd be OK with the Soviet model of just taking them in some dank basement and putting a single pistol round right behind the ear. No fanfare, no appeals (provided it's open-and-shut and/or has a confession or overwhelming evidence), and no bullshit. Just shoot them once and be done with it. Should set the government back about $0.50.

We should dump the excess prison population and murderers/rapists on an island in the middle of the ocean to live like dogs, survival of the fittest. Criminals destroy society, so lets see how they like it where there is no society.

Either all the convicts die (no worries, cheaper than paying for life sentences or execution costs) or they reform themselves, and build a nice community for themselves. Also patrol the nearby waters to ensure no one enters or leaves the island to prevent smuggling.

I'm fed up of society having to take the burden of all these degenerates, these drugged up criminal scum. Toss them into the sea to sink or swim.

Are you an idiot? Can't wait for jamal to break in and shoot you

>person gets life sentence
>they aren't taken around back and shot or beat to death
>instead we waste all that money on that person

I support killing criminals in theory but in actuality the court system in this country is so fucking awful that I'm against it (unless the criminal is black)

court system here sucks and is corrupt. if you have money you can usually buy your way out of serious trouble. if you know powerful people the chances of you getting in trouble are almost 0.

however this is the best legal system currently in the world. but it does need reform of some kind.

>provided it's open-and-shut
We're always going to accidently kill innocent people. Being too careful about it wastes time and money. If you are convicted of a serious violent crime (aggravated assault, rape, attempted murder, armed robbery, murder) you should be put to death immediately, removed from society and the gene pool entirely.

All the more reason to bring back the firing squad.

support OP, but would make an amendment

>do crime bad enough to warrant capital punishment
>just spend shit ton of money on appeals and facilities to eventually kill them

I'd rather just force them to work. The harsher the crime, the more work their required to do. It doesn't matter if it's actually productive work, like plowing fields or manufacturing shit, or if it's menial tasks like carrying boulders around for no reason or stabbing the fucking ocean like Caligula's army.

>but muh slavery
committing crimes already suspends constitutional rights. I'm not saying we suspend Due Process, only that we give harsher sentences to certain criminals. What's fucking harsh about being given the sweet release of death? Make those little cunts work so hard that they WISH you'd have sentenced them to death.

it's not the sentencing itself that's more expensive, but the required amount of appeals and legal costs.

point conceded. You're right.

i dont support government funded abortion (capital punishment)

lel wat?

>the state should never kilanyone.

Why? Because its made of people and tallable?

If you give guns to 20 yo soldiers and cops who have a second to make a decision whether to shoot or not why not give courts the right to kill, they have years of thinking before they reach a conclusion which can be appealed anyway.

classic leafposting

This meme again.

damn, nice leaf

Well what would you want to happen to some one who raped and killed your whole family steals all ur shit and rapes you before he goes and the cops have him in custody. You will want that fucker dead. Death penalty is just to avoid or issues and people creating mobs for the justice they want.

Sources?

anyone sentenced to life should be able to opt for a painless death. life imprisonment is very cruel.

I don't know, rope is pretty cheap.

what a spicy jewish meme lol
I bet you think it would cost less to round up, transport, house, and someday gas 6 gorillion lawyers than it costs to put a bullet through their gigantic subhuman nose, right?

A state supported guilty sentence and execution is fundamentally different from a lone wolf execution of a citizen. The latter is unjust, and the former is assumed to be just. Even if the family is butthurt, the blame goes against the state and not you. It's different from a family to family romeo and juliet revenge killing, It's a setup where the state has assumed responsibility to remove a dangerous element from society - permanently.

The problem with your life in prison shit is people get released early and then kill again.

>lel wat?
>Sources?
>what a spicy jewish meme lol

see

>3 square means a day
>depending on facility, access to books and other cheap forms of entertainment
>away from most other people with little-to-know bullshit
>"cruel"

minus a bit of stir craze, sounds like fucking paradise.

So to rephrase your post, the current implementation of capital punishment in the US is more expensive for the state than the current implementation of life sentences. To answer your retarded question then, anyone who supports capital punishment is talking of a different, more streamlined implementation, the holocoaster being the most vivid example.

Argue about humanitarianism all you want but this is the most retarded argument I have ever heard.
The only reason capital punishment is so expensive in the first place is because libshits like you believe in humane treatment of criminals.
What is the cost of a single bullet, a gun, and the time of an executioner? I guarantee it would be a fraction compared to the costs of chemical execution.

Besides, criminals who are worthy of death sentences in the first place gave up their human rights when they took somebody else's human rights away.

>flag

The last time the UK did that, a literal Anglo pride world wide society sprouted.

The point is that it costs that much because of bureaucratic bullshit, Jews lining their pockets on the criminal justice system (like usual), and us accepting it as it is for some reason. Obviously it does not cost more to kill someone than keep them alive, house and feed them for 50+ years. That is retarded.

pls tell me she doesn't have a penis...

>let's just fuck up our legal system so that we can implement irreversible punishment even faster

>waaah it's too cruel waaah
>for child rapists and murders In fucking prison

>killing someone costs almost nothing
>jew lawyers insert themselves into the process and charge a fortune
>"oy vey goyim, the death sentence is so expensive"
Literally the definition of racketeering.

This is an argument against the workings of the justice system, not against capital punishment. Bring up the death penalty in cases of undeniable atrocities where the person in question is such a danger to society that keeping him alive is irresponsible, badabing badabong no eternal court circus

ITT : People who call themselves 'pro-life' unironically supporting death penalty

>Now that persons family is lighted
What the fuck are you talking about, the guy murdered someone, his life is forfeit at that point

>How the fuck does anyone support capital punishment?
capital punishment is the cheapest and most effective way of dealing with crime and should be massively expanded. All repeat offenses should result in the death penalty and incarceration should be eliminated entirely. stop being such a pussy and believing that life is sacred. you worthless sack of shit.

Yes goy, lets keep giving more taxpayer money to parasitic Jews.

Capital punishment is fantastic. Remember lynchings? That worked pretty great, dropped the murder and rape rate down to zero. Can we go back please?

>Bring up the death penalty in cases of undeniable atrocities
This.
If they can either prove without a doubt or the criminal admits guilt then it should be an automatic death penalty.
I do understand the argument where the death penalty has been too hastily used. There are plenty of criminals who are serving time right now that are innocent.

>I'm not watching a Spacey film
u gay?

He is great.

Movie is good and worth watching.
youtube.com/watch?v=170lmMrsj9Y

who is this cummie mummy?

>I do understand the argument where the death penalty has been too hastily used
who cares? so what if you kill a few people wrongly? thousands of good people die every day for all kinds of "unjust" reasons. stop being such a weak idiot.

>liberals make it cost hundreds of thousands of dollars to execute prisoners
>look d00ds it's so expensive to kill people so just don't okay lol
Every time. Every issue. They fag it up and then say that because it's now fagged up BY THEM you need to listen to them to fix it. Healthcare, the economy, privacy laws, immigration. It's what they do.

One (1) .22 round point blank, to the back of the head, with all the bouncing off skulls, is enough to give out a death sentence.
Here it's 5 (FIVE) cents a piece.

>the life of an innocent child is comparable to the life of a convicted serial killer/child rapist

That is also a retarded argument.
Abortion does nothing but terminate potential. A baby could have been aborted that could have been the next great scientist who could propel us into a new age of space exploration or something.
A criminal is somebody who already used up their chance at life and fucked up. Two completely different situations.

>Every time. Every issue
fucking up the justice system is the top priority for habitual criminals.

not in China

they send the bill to the parents of the criminal that needs to be killed

seems reasonable to me

of course in the USA that would be hard for niggers

>300,000 lawyers fees
The actual value of their work shouldn't be that high and it's inflated.

Capital punishment is the greatest crime deterrent in existence. The reason there was so little crime in the south was the little voice in the back of your head that said "hey, if you rape that girl you arent going to be dragged out of bed at night and torn into pieces to the cheers of a joyous crowd." sure, it was barbaric the few times it happened, but for some reason, crime stopped occurring...

>What the fuck are you talking about, the guy murdered someone, his life is forfeit at that point
Where do you think this new wave of Islamic terrorists came from? The last wave flew planes into the Twin Towers, America goes and kills a ton of Middle Eastern parents, now their kids have a vendetta against the West.

I used to be against it and that was a favourite utilitarian argument of mine. Fact is it's nonsense though, it doesn't have to be that way.

>Therefore if a man be dangerous and infectious to the community, on account of some sin, it is praiseworthy and advantageous that he be killed in order to safeguard the common good.

>It is permissible to kill a criminal if this is necessary for the welfare of the whole community. However, this right belongs only to the one entrusted with the care of the whole community -- just as a doctor may cut off an infected limb, since he has been entrusted with the care of the health of the whole body.

>It's more expensive for the state than life sentences and the state obviously shouldn't be allowed to kill anyone anyway.
Because of political correctness bullshit. Like "wow let's replace the needle for the lethal injection just to make sure he doesn't get AIDS", or "let's have convoluted processes because his body must be in a good state when we return it to the family".

That aside, killing someone has never been expensive. It's an issue that can easily be solved.

See its people like you that give fuel to the libshits to continue fighting against this.
Why the fuck would you kill more innocent people in that kind of situation?
I would love to see your attitude on it given you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.

"I think life is absolutely sacred, but sometimes it's not"
Great argument, so very coherent. Why call yourself pro-life in that case idiots ?

I miss my braces.With them I could chew through wood and now I can't even bite uncooked meat :(

>rape
This will just increase the number of false rape accusations from feminists. Just tell a lie, get the state to murder the guy who made fun of your indie game on Twitter, get praised for it.

There's nothing inherently wrong with the death penalty, but leftism must be utterly destroyed first.

>slimes did 911
No
>terrorism is a response to the kike wars to install rothchilds banks in the middle east
ISIS literally says otherwise, explicitly.
>war is murder

>Capital punishment is the greatest crime deterrent in existence
most crimes are from habitual repeat offenders so killing repeat offenders will lead to sharp drop in crime and leaving them alive the opposite.

in the US where it says "no cruel and unusual punishment" they are talking about breaking people on the rack or drawing and quartering, not a clean execution. the idea of not executing criminals would be appalling to the founding fathers.

I never once said all life is sacred.
I said most life is sacred, and that it is sacred until the point at which you become a degenerate. You are completely missing the argument.

Muslims love dying. It is a cult of death. You can do a Muslim no greater honor or favor than killing him. Preferably in brutal is and inhumane way and then broadcasting it on the Internet.

How the fuck is a death sentence expensive? You need a guy, a rope and a tree. Even if the inmate eats kobe beef and gets gold sprinkled on his icecream as a last meal it's still less expensive than a prison sentence. Death row is expensive, so your stay there should be as short as possible.

We should go back to firing squads or hanging

>How the fuck is a death sentence expensive?
see

just watched a video of a whore with that exact phenotype taking nigger cock

The dignity of man is altered by behavior. Life is precious, yet when one is guilty of a crime that lowers the dignity of that person beneath human dignity, they have lost their right to life.
cf.

The bible demands it for murderers.

>I would love to see your attitude on it given you were in the wrong place at the wrong time.
i would be pissed. but that is life. stop expecting life to be fair and just retard.

death penalty can never be perfect. you will always mistakenly kill some innocent people but it is worth it. innocent people get killed all the time for the greater good. pussy ass people just delude themselves about it.

>just watched a video of a whore with that exact phenotype taking nigger cock
link?

That's why I believe that death penalty should be used in cases where 100% guilt is proven.
In a case such as rape there needs to be video evidence clearly showing the offenders face, DNA results taken, bruises to the victims body, etc.

I don't. Innocent life is sacred, but when a man has killed 10 people or raped a bunch of kids, and he's going to sit in a prison cell for 50 years taking up space, it's completely fucking stupid to keep him alive.
A man that has done that doesn't deserve to live, a child has done nothing wrong, an unborn child is as innocent as you can get.

>and the state obviously shouldn't be allowed to kill anyone anyway.

Tell me why it's so obvious?

The state has a responsibility to the safety of the public. If a citizen is a clear and present threat to the public with no signs of being salvageable then what point remains in keeping that citizen alive?

Especially in the modern day with radical religious ideologies whose members sole objective is to kill as many human beings as possible (that includes you, they want you dead too). What do you hope to with these people? Keep them around so they can plot their next attack? So they can have nice little chats with their sympathetic friends about how best to kill more people next time?

No. You simply kill them.

I will agree with you on one thing.
It costs too much.
So lets make it cheaper and we can get this ball rolling.

From what I've seen, it's the judicial side that's expensive. So lets work on removing the judicial red tape, and viola, a few bullets are far cheaper than keeping them alive.

LYNCH THE LEAKERS

user, in matters as grave as this cost should not even be a consideration.

My issue is that in places without capital punishment, people lose the belief that people who commit certain crimes deserve to die. I am supportive of murders being sentenced to death by the judiciary, but for this to be comuted to life imprisonment by convention by the Executive.

Cali doesn't really have the death penalty, so the prisoners just stay on death row forever. Charles Manson is still on death row for example
Also the death penalty is so expensive because we had to get super technical with it. I for one think the firing squad should be reinstated.

>You need a guy, a rope and a tree.

that might hurt the tree

use a bridge railing