MATH IS TOO MASCULINE

campusreform.org/?ID=9544
> Intersectionality theory from black feminist thought, he adds, can allow for “more nuanced analyses of gender” and its relation to mathematical performance.

>He concludes by expressing a hope that future analyses of gender in mathematics take a more “intersectional” approach, lamenting the fact that “intersectional considerations of mathematics achievement and participation shaped by whiteness and sexuality” were left out of many of the studies he reviewed.

Big if true

Math it's to yellow and islander.

Math degree here

There were only around 5 or so girls in each of my upper level math classes with a total class size of around 45

believe it or not math is actually one of the more even STEM fields. IIRC, the gender split is 51% male, 49% female, so i dont know what these people are complaining about

SEXISTS BTFO
HOW WILL MISOGYNISTS EVER RECOVER

were they attractive?

OP here, there were some QTs in my classes.

Maybe 1 in each class was kind of attractive but that's it

Do they realize that you can't divide by zero, or they demand it to happen?

Also, what the hell is intersectional? I can't keep up with this Marxist terminology.

the liberal arts, social sciences and humanities have been trying to dismantle the meritocracy within universities for decades now, and they have nearly succeeded. Should they succeed, our civilization will crumble, this is not hyperbole.

t. PhD student

it's just amalgamating all victim groups into one liberal ideological block who are driven by wedge issues

Part of the reason why school now push group work so much is so shitty students can hide their low level of skills behind those that do the actual work. Since this just makes thing even more embarrassing (and sometimes dangerous) when they get found out because they're in over their head, there is an ever increasing movement to make everything into a safe space for idiots. Expect someone who causes a meltdown of a nuclear plant to get a parade because of their bravery in not letting incompetence stop them from getting hired.

this picture causes me rage and anxiety.

holy shit this makes me wanna go postal

(((Schlesinger)))

Don't these people understand that programming is not about politics, alternatively there is already too much politics in it (OOP vs. other paradigms, to name just one) and feminist is 0% relevant to programming. You can either code or fuck off. Your shitty gender ideology can be forced upon social sciences, but not on programming.

Wtf is feminist logic, 1 && 1 == Pink, 0 || 1 is Patriarchy? Does she realize that her """research""" is wasted money?

I can't believe people take faggots like this seriously. I'm moving to Japan. I don't even care if I'm a second-class citizen. Just as long as I can live where it's clean and not retarded.

Wasn't there a Simpsons episode about this decades ago?

Marxist ideologies tend to use words with vague meanings so they can mean whatever the fuck they want without being challenged.
In this case "intersectional" just means "dumbed down".
It's literally 2+2=5, holy fuck.

>(((Schlesinger)))

every

fucking

time

Its literal niggers complaining iz too hard and da white people and yellow people tryin keep da hood down.

This is why I never considered social """sciences""" to be science. It's politics.

The humanities have been pretty much taken over by far leftist ideology. Like any aggressive conqueror, they're now looking at new worlds to invade. And that's the STEM programs.

You lucky people may not now but this has already happened in the past. STEM was taught according to Leninist dogmas in the Eastern bloc, you had learn the quotes of Lenin, Stalin and their pet """scientists""" about biology, chemistry, etc. Genetics was considered bourgeois trickery and was mostly banned. Luckily, most profs knew it was BS and only talked dogma if they knew they were being under surveillance, so real scientific work went on behind closed doors.

Yes. The code on the left is one of the most important pieces of code ever written for 3d rendering. The code on the right includes "Because I'm so random! Yay!" as justification for not returning the correct value of an insanely simply function.

Is China ready to take the lead in maths researches?

Zeros and ones are disgusting patriarchal representations of so called biological sex! It is deeply discriminatory for a 0 (a symbolic vagina) to mean zero and a 1 (a symbolic phallus) to represent one! As a woman of colour I have absolutely no idea what to do about this heteronormative gender number discrimination but a good start would be for all STEM textbooks to be pink and have flowers on to encourage more proud POC into science! Can I have a research grant now please?

Fuck this I'm out

I wouldn't want to maintain her BS if I had to and can't imagine that she has actually ever written a single line of code that is out there in production and works reliably. She is just using identity politics to appeal to wanna be programmer beta orbiters and wymyn who think they can learn to code in 2 weeks. All these self-teaching courses are delusional, desu. You either have a CS background (or you sit down and learn it properly if you never went to college), or you will make a mediocre coder and everyone else around will hate to touch a single line of code you ever wrote because it's substandard verbose garbage as illustrated. Also, I don't think she would be able to explain Big O notation and algorithm theory, etc.

My niece just started second grade this week. I saw the classroom schedule the teacher sent home for her parents to see. The forty minute science block has been combined with the forty minute social studies block into a single forty minute block. Why? The make room for a new daily block called "Cultural Explorations". I don't know which is worse, science getting cut down or this block of PC nonsense she's going to be fed daily. Keep in mind this is second grade. They're starting with the brain washing that young.

>Part of the reason why school now push group work so much is so shitty students can hide their low level of skills behind those that do the actual work.

Is this the reason why? (CS Major here) I thought it was meant to simulate a work environment in which multiple developers cooperate to complete a project.

It is the same here.

I'd have to disagree, pair programming can be very useful.
However, if you can't do it on your own though, leave the field.

If that were the case, you'd all be assigned different tasks that were part of a bigger whole. But that's not generally what happens. You might split up your work that was somewhat but in general group work in college doesn't resemble real world division of work for projects in the slightest. I've never seen a company where everyone in a department shares the same performance review but that's essentially what happens with group grades in college.

The reason for this ideological push is purely economical, colleges want to simply increase their funding through loans, so they go to the lowest common denominator.

Math is too masculine because pencils are phallic shaped. We need someone to do something about it.

That's true, there certainly wasn't any sort of enforced chart describing which person would do what in any group project I've done, and without that, people tend to take a chunk of work that's comfortable for them to manage, which tends to leave a few to do a hefty amount of the work. While a group might carefully plan and distribute duties, the chances of finding 2 -3 people willing to go through that are slim unless they have the fear of losing something (job, etc)

I can do it on my own. I don't like group work because it's difficult to find cooperative people.

It's all about denying European contributions to Math and overemphasizing African """mathematics""", I guess. I couldn't imagine what other BS they could talk in this class.

"Intersectional math" is how fair rides fall apart and kill people.

the more the language cult tortures people adhering to mathematics and logic the more uni-bombers we are going to end up with

Someone give me a quick rundown on what interesectionality even is.

It's the word of the moment but I don't think anyone, myself included, has any idea what it really means.

It's like the lefts version of Star Trek speak.

>Star Trek: Sir, we have to depolarize the positronic dipole to reinitialize that duonetic manifold!

>Liberals: Xir, we have to deinstitutionalize the patriarchy and manifest change resulting in a new intersectionality based gender paradigm!

Intersectional typically means that two or more ideologies are linked. It's most frequently used as a way to claim that feminism is linked with things like race, class, etc.

In physics there were 0.00 girls who made it past the introductory courses to sophmore classes, and I went to a large state school with 20,000+ students. No girls graduated with a bachelor's in physics the year I graduated. There was one autistic black kid in a couple of my classes, but I stopped seeing him and I don't think he made it to the end.

Tell me Sup Forums, have you had to deal with the interlocking matrix of oppression?

>Do they realize that you can't divide by zero, or they demand it to happen?
Zero is an discriminated class in the realm of numbers and thus it is only fair that, not only should you be able to divide by zero, you should NOT be able to divide by numbers other than zero. It's just a small step in rectifying the history of injustice that zero has endured over the centuries.

REPARATIONS to Zero, the true Nigger of the number system!

>create overcomplicated, bloat terminology
>use it to write "revolutionary" essays and """studies"""
>impose your BS on society, even though nobody understands it truly.
>claim that it benefits society despite any counterintuitive impressions

The fuck is "vector of oppression and privilege"? These people desperately wanted to be rocket scientists or some shit but were to fucking retarded so now they just apply rocket science words to feel smart.

Jesus fucking christ

in my network computing class he gave us a lecture on how female sadness is proportional to the gender imbalance squared

I wish I was joking.

Yep, they appropriate scientific terminology to larp as """scientists""". Don't ask them what they mean by 'vector', they are just using it like cargo cult, hoping to sound scientific with their pretentious vocabulary.

NIGGA HOW THE FUCK DO YOU TAKE SOMETHING AS RATIONAL AS MATH AND FEMINIZE IT? JESUS FUCKING CHRIST SOMEONE PLEASE HAND ME REEEEEEEEEEEEE