Name 1 reason why Peter Joseph's vision of a resource based economy isn't feasible

Name 1 reason why Peter Joseph's vision of a resource based economy isn't feasible.

PROTIP: You can't.

not familiar with him. is he some barter and trade faggot? thats not new. a cheese burger gets you to 3rd base every one knows that

literally who

>is he some barter and trade faggot

Uh, no. He seeks to abolish currency altogether and implement automation to free humanity from labor. Why wouldn't that work?

Molyneux already made him look like the fool he is years ago.

It's funny because I was on the zeitgeist/Venus project train until those debates and that was my introduction to Stefan and libertarians and i've never looked back.

His vision is just a re-branded form of centrally planned economies, AKA communism.

The only way for it to work is with sufficiently advanced AI managing it (not people) and a lot of automation infrastructure (robots/etc).

We are decades away from being able to even attempt something like that without risking it turning into a Soviet shitshow.

uh, because we're nowhere near technologically advanced enough to do that?

Here's one: I overall can see where the internal logic of the proposals of the Venus Project or those who support the idea of a resource/natural law based economy stems from and leads to and I personally think it is feasible, on one condition:

it needs to be tested. We need a community, a small city of sorts, familiar with the entire science of the concept and the various principles and particular values that come into play. If the test is succesful, step 1 is complete, but step 2 would be even more difficult: applying this life style elsewhere.

It would need to become the vision of many more people, people willing to let go of everything they've been raised to believe.

And to add: that is only if step 1 is even actually succesful. That's a big IF. Still, I think it's a worthy cause to pursuit, granted that we won't see any forced overhauls or nasty side effects. Well, that's why a test is required, somewhere in a gated location.

>Molyneux already made him look like the fool he is years ago.

No, Molyneux just put forth weak arguments.

Joseph's vision has no link to communism. It's not even political in nature. It's a humanitarian movement.

The only thing holding us back is free-market capitalism and greed.

so if we renounce capitalism a bunch of automation technology will just appear out of nowhere?

the sci-fi utopian ideal was plausible to 1950s/60s Americans because they had a strong sense of community and trust in their government and institutions

now Americans have internalized 3rd world sentiments of pessimism towards progress, thanks in part to immigration, liberal cynicism, and globalization, but mostly because of lack of discipline and cultural, political, and social laziness, not because we lack the technology to implement a higher civilization

Renouncing capitalism is the first step. A transition to RBE and humanitarianism is the second step.

where does the technology come from?

the hoover dam, the atomic bomb, the space program, and the internet were all government projects

Human beings work together to implement a world where technology is used as our servants.

oh, so it's just communism then.

It's a pipe dream - and it wouldn't work because people are selfish, greedy, for power and for luxury.

dumb 3rd worlder pessimism, I bet you're both spics or chinks

>it needs to be tested
What is the Hutterites?

No, they're only that way because of the environments they're raised in.

there is a difference between what you look forward to, and actual real world policy

following a guru is not the solution

well they've been that way for all of recorded history, no matter what environment they're raised in.

your paranoia and distrust of common goals is going to turn us into a shithole like china

Has there ever been an environment with a resource based economy in place?

yes

Same reason Communism fails. I ain't working to help you for shit, you fucking loser. I want you low iq sons of whores, to all fucking die! Die, you pile of filth. Fucking, DIE.
You're always going to be a drain on others, no matter how technologically advanced the human race becomes. You'll always be coming up with some sort of resource sharing scheme, because you're an utter failure.
You're a techno-crypto commie, and your grand "idea" is just a resource sharing commie scheme dressed up with sci-fi space lasers.

We'll have a peaceful society, when we're all ~140 iq, and whatever genes are in your sort, that always lean on sharey-carey bullshit while always ALWAYS contributing less than you put in, are utterly eradicated. Then the actual sapient beings capable of hacking it somewhat decently on their own, can live in relative peace.
Free from leeches. Free from the fucking moron Zerg, that any two-bit monarch or lord can wrangle together in exchange for a promise of granting them gibs and muh fairness.
Collectivists like you need to die, so humanity will be better.

now you're putting the cart in front of the horse. your resource based economy dream first requires human nature to drastically change.

>Collectivists like you need to die, so humanity will be better.

fuck off back to the 3rd world shithole to where you came from, not everybody wants to stab you in the back or leech off you

Prove to me that "human nature" even exists. Our behavior is determined by environment. Same reason why birds build nests, because they're born into nests.

I guarantee you do.

How about you fuck off, you egalitarian fantasy world piece of shit. I'd rather kill your ass then have your AI or central authority tell me how to live, ingrate.

I really wonder, if you could get a standard of living 5x higher than it was before, would you really not be tempted to seize it?

inequality will ALWAYS allow for better stuff, even if the economy is generally better developed and automated. You could book a factory of robots for a week only to enhance your stuff, rather than giving it to "the common man".

The idea of the common goal sounds nice as a concept, but it will quickly wear off when there are no personal benefits from it in daily life.

nah. go do some reading. I recommend The Abolition of Man.

enjoy your decline into a 3rd world country you dumb shitskins

>capitalism is good
>spare change?

>I was on the zeitgeist/Venus project train until those debates and that was my introduction to Stefan and libertarians and i've never looked back.

the irony of this is that Molyneux is now turning into a cultural statist because he is realizing the problem isn't an economic model its with retarded 3rd worlders

Go on. We'll give you our blessing.

It already exists. Robots don't just build cars anymore; they drive them too. That puts taxi drivers, truck drivers, bus drivers and tractor drivers out of work.

>tfw when the thread literally consists of retarded clueless underage fuck, who never heard of the anti globalist leftoid OJ and his Zeitgeist Movement
>it's been only like 9 years ago ffs

>you can't

I agree, Peter Joseph is a great guy