Actual Catholic Priest - AMA and self-improvement help

>ACTUAL CATHOLIC PRIEST HERE
I was on here yesterday and I began to detail a plan to help people to achieve real change in their lives. Right ideas are not enough; we must bring those ideas effectively into the world. But before we can change the world, we must first change ourselves.
Here are the topics I will be covering:
1. How does one motivate oneself to DO something? I know what I want to do, but how do I actually DO it?
2. Education. Reading the right books and otherwise training the mind.
3. Physical health. How to lose weight, get strong and feel well (more of a /fit thing, I know)
4. Finances. Getting out of debt and being financially free.
5. Romance. How to find a worthy spouse who is loving, faithful and pure.
Yesterday I covered topic #1. The thread can be found here:
>archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/136304207/

Other urls found in this thread:

onbeing.org/programs/mary-catherine-bateson-composing-a-life-aug2017/?utm_source=On Being Newsletter&utm_campaign=d466369751-20170805_mary_catherine_bateson_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1c66543c2f-d466369751-69877297&goal=0_1c66543c2f-d466369751-69877297&mc_cid=d466369751&mc_eid=c54866fdb3
independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-white-house-team-apocalyptic-geopolitics-isis-terrorism-pope-francis-allies-a7840821.html
archive.is/t7onO
anyforums.com/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

As I mentioned yesterday:
As I’ve mentioned before, Catholicism is the only coherent system capable of combating the competing totalitarianisms that plague our world. Furthermore, the greatest thing that Catholicism has going for it is that it is true. In addition to the self-actualization program that I will lay out, I will try to explain WHY Catholicism is true. I will lay out proofs for God’s existence, the historical reality of Jesus Christ, and why Catholicism is the one true faith vis-à-vis Protestantism and other sects.

are nuns secret sluts?

Best. Thanks for doing this. What's a man of the cloth doing on a poophole place like Sup Forums?

Why choose Catholicism over Orthodox Christianity?

Stop LARPing

Why are you doing here? Isnt this your busy day irl?

Oh boy, you'll want to turn around and get right out of here. You aren't the first Catholic priest to come here, and you all eventually have some sort of Sup Forums induced crisis and leave.

So do yourself and your faith a favor and GTFO before they're both irreparably damaged.

I need this answered

Jesus went to the lepers.

Catholics don't belong in the United States

How many children are locked in the Vatican's basement?

The question was raised yesterday about God's existence. Can we know that God really exists? I was honest yesterday when I said that I didn't have time to go into it, but today I do. I wish to: 1. Demonstrate that God's existence can be known. 2. Answer arguments against God's existence (notably, the problem of suffering). I will also demonstrate the veracity of the Catholic faith itself if so desired.

What are the right books and what are the wrong books? There are a lot of Sup Forums reading lists that suggest Mein Kampf and Nietzsche. Would you advise against reading those books? I ask as a catholic

I have never found this to be the case. It seems to me that priests go against the promise of celibacy much more.

Stay the fuck away from the kids

Your pope is a Muslim-fetishist faggot enabler. Now go turn yourself in before you rape another little boy.

What do you think of mudslimes?

There are tons of redpilled people here who are open to reason.

Orthodoxy itself is split into many different groups. Catholicism (including eastern Catholics) are all united under the Pope. If one were to Orthodox, what kind would they be?

>Furthermore, the greatest thing that Catholicism has going for it is that it is true.

Yeah, praying to saints and statues instead on focusing all your religious effort towards God is a great way to practice monotheism. It's not pagan at all.

Believe it or not, Sundays are not that busy (weddings, quinceaneras, etc happen on Saturdays). I had two Masses today and now I'm done.

How does it feel that the leaders of the catholic church have ties to the mafia?

If you are a priest then you should know hating someone based on race or skin color is against cuckstanity. Cuckstanity says there is no jew or greek.

If God is real how do you know that your religion is the correct one?

Why is the worls upside down these days? Started thinkong about.goong to church recently, everythings about sex and how much money your dad gave you.

I've been coming to Sup Forums for years. I don't think anything could keep me away now...

Why choose Catholicism over Orthodox Christianity?

Eastern/Greek Orthodox

Which Touhou would you procreate with?

I want to hear this.

Next time I'm on here I'm going to cover topic #2 which will include a good reading list. I would recommend Kreeft's "Summa of the Summa" for an intro to the work of St. Thomas Aquinas.

I'm not a huge fan of the pope. I have to respect him, but I believe he is very destructive to both the Church and the world.

Not a religious person by any means, but read something the other day that made me think.

> too many people, when they reject God, go on believing in the devil,” i.e. many intellectuals have a sense of evil without a confidence in good.

onbeing.org/programs/mary-catherine-bateson-composing-a-life-aug2017/?utm_source=On Being Newsletter&utm_campaign=d466369751-20170805_mary_catherine_bateson_newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_term=0_1c66543c2f-d466369751-69877297&goal=0_1c66543c2f-d466369751-69877297&mc_cid=d466369751&mc_eid=c54866fdb3

It really becomes very obvious nowadays, people only see bad things and horrors.

Do you believe that Mary was a virgin?

There are people in the Church with ties to worse things than this. We have always had Judases in our midst.

I read a book that Islam will be the "one world religion" of end times, and that perhaps the Mahdi and the AntiChrist will be related/the same. Thoughts?

Please demonstrate that God's existence can be known. I'm anxious to hear what you come up with.
I'd also like to hear why you think catholicism is superior to the other larger branches of Christianity.

Malichi Martin: truth or trash?

I'm Church of England and work and live in germany.

I have beautiful girlfriend who looks after me great job.

But every single german girl flirts with me.

How do I resist temptation. It's really hard.

It's like every single girl here sees me as a catch .

Help

how often do you go on ?

Okay so there are a ton of great questions here and I do want to answer them, but I'd like to lay out the proof for God's existence, if I may.
First of all, the proof I'm going to lay out is, I believe, the most convincing. There are others that may be better. I have a friend who was earning a PhD in philosophy at a top school and he swore by Alvin Plantinga's modal proof, but I confess I cannot understand it well (I took philosophy for 2 years and have read a bunch besides, but I never delved much into the analytical branch).

Thank you for being here.

Catholicism is the largest branch of Christianity you igoramus.

Any good books you could recommend about Our Lady?

So the proof I'm going to lay out is one of St. Thomas Aquinas' "Five Ways." You can look this up yourself online ("quinque viae) but I'm going to try to put it into modern terms.

Very, very rarely. I used to much more - before I went into sem.

I meant the other large branches... English is not my native language.

Then it's just a matter of time.

How can you prove your a priest?

Why should I acknowledge Francis as the pontiff when he is clearly a political tool of the enemies of the Church?

independent.co.uk/news/world/americas/donald-trump-white-house-team-apocalyptic-geopolitics-isis-terrorism-pope-francis-allies-a7840821.html

cults ruin everything they touch and take credit for things they did not do

they are one of the the social opiates the enable the continuation of male circumcision

you deserve to be eliminated from society, by force if necessary

archive.is/t7onO

I'm lapsed. How do I come back? I have no one to go to church with either, and I'm too shy to go alone

Do you fuck little boys?

>Catholicism is the only coherent system capable of combating the competing totalitarianisms that plague our world.
What do you mean by totalitarianisms? For you, does that also include nationalistic movements, which, I assume, are not supported by the universalistic tendencies in the Catholic church.

what do you think of Hitler and Natsoc?

Essentially, things can be placed into two categories: Necessary and Contingent. Don't let the word "contingent" scare you - it just means "not-necessary." Now "not-necessary" has a wide meaning: it can mean something that is not necessary on a practical level, but it can also be on a logical level. So for example, it is absolutely necessary that 2 and 2 be 4. Yes, I know one can invent all sorts of weird mathematical models, but the fact is, all other things being equal, 2+2=4. This is a necessary fact. Even God Himself cannot make 2+2=5

>captcha streetsign was where I drove recently

Marxist Jewish pedophiles have infiltrated the church and are turning people away from Christianity. How can this be stopped?

i bet this priest cunt brap posts

how do I overcome addiction? I am in serious need. I have gotten lost into tons of addictions and I need help.

that is the most cancerous meme

Father, tell the story of your "initiation" to priesthood. My teacher (a former priest) back in elementary told us that it consists of praying at wee hours of the night. I'm not sure if it's actual memories since it was two something decades ago.

Do you do confessions?

>the greatest thing that Catholicism has going for it is that it is true

yes sir mr. pedo i will just go ahead and take your word for it

Is it true that Pope Francis allowed muslims to pray at the Vatican?

Take your shit to /adv/, because it's not political.

>But how can God not make 2 and 2 be 5 if He's all powerful?
God Himself (as we will see) is not something OUTSIDE of logic. Rather, He necessarily flows from it.
So some things are necessary and others are contingent. What is an example of something contingent? Well, any one of us. 100 years ago, none of us existed. The world was able to go on. There was no NECESSITY that any one of us actually ever came into existence. In fact (think about this!) it would have been possible for billions and billions (and trillions and trillions) of people to come into existence, but it was never necessary that YOU would exist. And yet here you are, lucky you.

thank you for the (you), father. where do you go for quality keks?

religion is fundamentally political

Step one: Decide today is the last day.
Step two: Submit yourself to God's authority.

Step three: Join a junky anonymous group.

Why believe in the cucktholic faith ?

Here is another fact about contingent things: every contingent thing requires an explanation for its existence. So for you, for example, you came from your parents. They came from their parents, etc. Contingent things do not happen without explanation. If you go to the zoo and see a hippo, it's not because it fell from the sky into a cage. It came from other hippos and was placed there. So the key idea here is that contingent things require an explanation for where they came from. They do not just pop into existence on their own.

>it is absolutely necessary that 2 and 2 be 4. Yes, I know one can invent all sorts of weird mathematical models, but the fact is, all other things being equal, 2+2=4.
Must disagree. Different linear systems (where 2+2=/=4) aren't weird mathematical models, so, saying God Himself cannot make 2+2=5 is a a logical fallacy in itself.

Father my wife has spent us into an incredible amount of debt yet keeps spending. Her only solution is for me to get a higher paying job but between the two of us we make over $100k.

She does not listen and does not offer other solutions, what do I do?

hello priest. Anglican baptized here (please no bully)

Have you done any missionary work?
How to you feel as an individual about the Vatican church paying priests to drive SUVs in areas where church goers starve but still pay tithe.

The priest says "it is God's reward."

Do you believe this, or do you believe it is actually tithe from the poor paying this.

Which seminary did you go to?

Please demonstrate for us, Pythagorus.

Fuck off, weebfaggot

Are you still here?

I have questions and I need your help.

How can i stop fapping to traps? Will I burn for it?

But here's the thing: as you begin to look out into the world, you realize that all objects are by nature contingent. The earth doesn't logically NEED to exist. It came into existence around 4.6 billion years ago, but for most of the life of the universe it wasn't here. But if you look even more beyond, you notice this fact staring you in the face: EVERYTHING in the universe is contingent. Every single atom, all of "time" which is so intimately bound to movement and energy, the entirety of the universe is contingent. Which is another way of saying that there is no LOGICAL necessity to the universe's existence.

Show me how 2 and 2 can be 5

please answer my question
if you are truly a priest. please pray for me.

What is the churches current stance on the existence of dinosaurs?
(asking for a friend)

4.6 billion years? So you fell for the Darwinian heresy. And then you all wonder why there is a crisis of faith in Chrsit's church.

>captcha streetsign was where I drove recently
Use legacy, friend

Answer this

So if the whole universe is contingent, you are left asking where it came from (since all contingent beings require an explanation for their existence). So you are left with two possibilities, each with their own difficulties:
1. The universe came from some other contingent thing
2. The universe came from (was created by) something that is by definition necessary.
The one thing we cannot say is that the universe just "came from nothing." Something cannot come from nothing. A hippo cannot materialize and fall from the sky into a cage at the zoo.

Why is the church such a liberal cuckfest? You promote and preach tranny rights, pro refugee bs even when you know those groups hate you. Meanwhile you chase off conservative people, the only ones willing to fill your seats.

The constant political preaching is the reason I havent returned. Even though I want to rediscover it.

Any tips for a seminarist who's stuck with a liberal bishop?

You don't need the church to be a Christian user.

1. If the universe came from another contingent being, then THAT contingent being's existence must be explained. It CANNOT be an infinite regress of universes or an infinite cycle of universes (I will prove this in a moment)
2. The only other option is that the universe came from a being that is by definition necessary. Asking "who made God?" is then like asking "who decided that 2 and 2 would be 4?" The answer is that it is simply the case, necessarily so.

You have studied Philosophy and come to interesting conclusions, but you made the mistake of thinking that Philosophy can be used to better understand physics. Stop being lazy and study physics.

What do you think of chinks and niggers?

Hide your beliefs. Get ordained. I and a great number of others have been and are doing the same.

Why don't you trim your fingernails? Does it help you keep the little boys from getting away?

No, but I would like to go to church and hear mass. Go there to pray or clear my head. Enjoy the artistry and feel connected to my culture.

But what I described is keeing me out, and even making me question what it's worth.

I've read a lot of popular astrophysics books (including Laurence Kraus' book on how something can come from nothing.... tl;dr he defines "nothing" as a "something," so he fails to prove what he set out to do).

He's making a logical argument, don't be so critical.

Also, Biocentrism is a pretty good (long-winded) explanation of God.

The Church is the infallible dogma, the councils and official teachings. The retarded opinions of some people are just retarded opinions.

But if you want an answer, it's easy: everything you mention correlates with the increase of atheism, protestantism, lower mass attendance and contempt towards the Church. Any illness you see among the members of the Church is caused by the rejection of the Church.