Reminder a democracy only works if there are different ideas

We need both Liberals and Consertives in offices and they both need to understand each other and compromise

This isnt the USSR

Reminder that democracy doesn't work.

/thread

Agreed user.
The problem is the left's belief that they have the right to censor any opinions beyond their own.
PC is undemocratic. All voices have the same right to be heard and there is no inherent right to live ones life without ever having their opinions challenged.

what a stupid idiot opinion

Its shit since they are all the same

Im literally turning into an communist reccomend theory please

Foucault is pretty amazing

Is he a communist or just post modernist left?

the conquest of bread is pretty easy to read and would probably appeal to you coming from an ancap perspective so that would be my recommendation

Alright, ill try

The latter
Most post-modern philosopher have some marxist roots, and it's usually that kind of marxism that's learned and repeated in online and irl fora
I guess you can read some Chomsky or Badiou. Zizek is really fun if you just want to watch some videos

Im checking foucault's stuff too thanks

What say you, the top 10% of the population should make the decisions? That's what I'm leaning towards.

Reminder that democracy, as with any system, will only "work" if you have a population that's worth a shit in the first place.

As proof of my earlier statement I cite this entire thread devolving into communist proselytizing.
80/20 power law dude, the world of men has always been best off under a caste of the
-highest spiritualists
-warrior and aristocratic elites
-farmers/merchants
-thralls

What's bad with communist proselytizing

America could bomb America until there is proper democracy.

Just proof that people destroy themselves via democracy.

Best post

I'm just not convinced that a full 20% of the population is capable of making proper decisions.
What's more, just because spiritual leaders/merchants wield power doesn't mean that they are loyal of the state. Perhaps a Starship Troopers approach where you have to first service in the military to prove your loyalty to the state.