What does Sup Forums think of Richard Nixon? Was he a crook?

What does Sup Forums think of Richard Nixon? Was he a crook?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=PwXOEFK6Swo
youtube.com/watch?v=dPb-PN9F2Pc
fpp.co.uk/History/antisemitism/Nixon_onJews.html
celebstoner.com/blogs/doug-mcvay/2016/03/24/richard-nixon-on-the-drug-war,-blacks,-gays,-hippies-and-jews/
youtube.com/watch?v=_oe3OgU8W0s
youtube.com/watch?v=8qRZvlZZ0DY
twitter.com/AnonBabble

yea

he was a KEK!

hahahahahahaha XD

yes

Less of a crook than Trump, but cut from the same cloth.

this

Traitorous scum. He could've saved our people, he knew the redpills on race... instead he decided to sell us down the river.

youtube.com/watch?v=PwXOEFK6Swo

GREAT JOB ASSHOLE!

honestly.. with how the media has been treating Trump, i dont know what to believe any more.

yes

At least he was redpilled on the JQ.

In his own words he was NOT a crook

He broke the law, yes. Otherwise I think he was a good man. I especially am enamored with his brilliant foreign policy. He wrecked his legacy pretty soundly, but he was still an incredibly intelligent leader and provided a critical service to his country.

I didnt like Nixon until I heard the clip of him calling bohemian grove ''the biggest group of faggots you'll ever see''. Based as fuck

He was a crook that made the mistake of attacking the power structure. If he just did illegal wiretaps on the average prole no one would have given a shit, just as all other presidents get a pass.

Putting his crookness aside, he was an extremely influential politician and arguably more of a proper liberal than, say, the Clintons. Ended the war, ended the draft, created the EPA, did things that were actually good/well-intentioned for the country despite not being conservative. He also opened the country to international trade beyond just Western Europe, which muhjerbs types will complain about, but did a lot to help the world's economy. At the same time, he also went a long with a lot of $$$ bullshit and increased the level of interplay between corporation and government, and fucked up other things as well, including the entire economy of the 70s.

He was a pioneer.

Without him, we wouldn't have cunts like GWB, Hillary, and Trump.

>welcome to the con, rube

He was a maverick.

Hey, you know who "Deep Throat"–the "leaker" who gave Woodward and Bernstein the damaging material–turned out to be? The fucking deputy director of the FBI!

Can you say "overthrow by intelligence agencies"?

Proofs

i dont know much about richard spencer desu, but the one thing that i've noticed is that he's got a very strangely shaped head. it's like an egg shape. is this some kind of genetic disorder or is it because of his fashy hairscut? it's like a football shape, like a conehead. i'm not trying to be a dick or laugh at it, i'm just genuinely curious.

redpilled on the Jew

He stole the election in 1974 by dirty tricks against Engine McCarthy's campaign

Truly a scumbag of Trumpian proportions.

Greatest president of the 20th century.

>election
>1974
No. 1972 was a landslide btw. Also, JFK stole the election from Nixon in 1960 thanks to (((the media))) so it would be fair even if it happened.

deep

The released tapes showed he was wayyy more redpilled on jews than anyone here

Nixon knew the truth

>tfw to redpilled to be prez

but without nixon the the healthcare repeal would have gone through
>pardoned mccain

He was sleazy, but he knew what he believed in and he scared a lot of people that NEED to be put in a state of fear.

youtube.com/watch?v=dPb-PN9F2Pc

Dont let anyone tell you he wasnt our guy

Yeah it's weird how much liberals hate him cuz of MUH WATERGATE when he was actually pretty progressive overall.

He's really powerful.

It's quite clear that he genuinely loved his country and wanted to do the right thing. The more I hear him talk, the more I like him.

>Tfw he wrote a letter to Trump knowing that he'd be President someday

based

based as fuck, and probably less crooked than politicians today. also paranoid as fuck, because they really were out to get him.

sounds just like Trump desu

Every President is a crook or a semi-crook until proven otherwise except Andrew Jackson.

I like many others hold the belief that Andrew Jackson was the only true (in the pockets of the people) President the United States ever had.

Not even Jefferson?

>Created EPA
>Took us off the gold standard
>(((opened trade))) with China
Fuck Nixon

he opened china and lost all our manufacturing for us. hated commies though, ironically, so that was good. i think.

He knew Trump was going to MAGA

Amen

What's wrong with his head?

Nixon was a saint compared to the shit modern presidents and their parties pull, let's be real here.

Nixon just marked the moment where the American people caught wind of the shit our government does.

He would be considered a liberal by todays standards of the far far right we got now.

>Gold standard

Nixon basically had to, he was in a shitty position thanks to LBJ's Great Society programs and the Vietnam War spending.

It was a shitty position to be in.

If I could go back in time and kill anyone in American history, it would be Deepthroat. Eight years of Nixon and an untarnished legacy would have been a blessing.

I wouldn't want John Connolly in 1976 though, and he'd be the nominee if Nixon had his way.

so that's why watergate happened

Nixon is complicated. He WAS a liar and a cheat, there is absolutely no doubt he was dirty politics. However, he also actually cared for the prosperity of the american people in his own weird way.

This comes down to two equally extreme events completely at odds with each other

>1. Nixon is essentially responsible for the petrodollar
>2. Nixon was setup to be ousted by the watergate scandal by the deep state

I think the best way to understand Nixon was that he was a fast rising charisma star who had no fear of taking radical independent steps, and the elites shot him down for that.

I like to believe that if Nixon was around today to see how bad it's gotten, he'd be on our side.

Pros:
>was mildly redpilled on Jews
>hated feminists, hippies, the New Left, druggies, fags, and the MSM, and was pretty Sup Forums-tier in terms of social views
>appointed Spiro Agnew
>was redpilled on black violence
>ended the draft
>pulled out of Vietnam
>created the Endangered Species Act
>created the Environmental Protection Agency
>created the DEA
>opened relations with Russia and China
>said Hitler was "undoubtedly" a genius

Cons:
>trusted a Chinaman, Henry (((Kissinger))) and Milton (((Friedman)))
>because of this, he ended the gold standard and got setup for Watergate
>had bad tech support

fpp.co.uk/History/antisemitism/Nixon_onJews.html
celebstoner.com/blogs/doug-mcvay/2016/03/24/richard-nixon-on-the-drug-war,-blacks,-gays,-hippies-and-jews/

He's the last President after JFK who didn't do everything (((they))) wanted. Yom kippur was only won by Israel militarily because of US aid handed to them by Kissinger. He used Watergate to push for operation Nickel Grass without Nixon's input to rush military equipment to the Israeli front.

He literally did nothing wrong

>hear him talk

Nixon was a word wizard. I think he cared about a particular vision of America, but you have to review everything he said publicly with care because his words are there to cast spells on you, he didn't necessarily mean what he said.

Based Canadian

/ourguy/. Too bad his dumbass lackeys raided the hotel, if they had just stayed put nixon would be considered one of the greatest presidents ever

He broke the Law??? Prove It!

I wouldnt believe anything a yone says about him when you take into account how the (((media/news))) talks about people. The more they bash hi. The more i think he was a decent guy.

This

Fuck off shill

Do you know where you are, faggot? Reddit is over there ya nigger loving kike.

The media definitely had a huge grudge against Nixon, but they did catch him on tape showing clear complicity in the coverup
youtube.com/watch?v=_oe3OgU8W0s

We need Nixon now more than ever.

Nixon stopping the trade of Gold gave Sauds and OPEC a shit ton of power. That much consolidated power created the ground work for the conflicts we see today. Had the US diversified the investment of the USD, there wouldn't be such a hardon for protecting the petrodollar.

Oil is not as rare as claim. I bet science reveals one day is stupidly common and replenishes faster than believed.

Andrew Jackson is a fucking American hero

>Was he a crook?

He just did what all the politicians do, he just made the mistake of getting caught. Doesn't matter now though, you can get caught with much worse and nobody even cares.

Another lib bastard suffering from trump derangement syndrome

Think back to when you were young. Think back to the stereotypes of Nixon you had. The feelings. The opinions.

That is a perfect example of (((them))) controlling history

The whole watergate thing was a hitjob but (((they))) portray it like some golden light in the dawn of journalism

What a joke

There are two Nixon's, pre loss in 1960 an post loss. Pre loss would have been a good president all around and kept the prosperity going. Post loss was the leader we got he was paranoid, suffered depression and had to clean up eight years of shit. He put back the pieces and got us back on track before being betrayed by his own party in conjunction with the left. It's not his fault we haven't moved past the petrodollar nor is it his fault that the Republican party was taken over by the neocons.

youtube.com/watch?v=8qRZvlZZ0DY

Nixon used to have gay pool parties on Key Biscayne.

Yes, but more like bender less like nixon.

B.C. (?)

even Washington?

This. It concerns me sometimes just how easily swayed a lot of Sup Forums is by the most basic levels of campaigning tactics.

he was a great politician and patriot, paranoid because the media had bias even back then, and he accepted responsibility for his guys action even though he did try to cover it up. He had the press working against him just like Trump does now. No, he a nothing compared to the Democrats now or then. would a republican senator survive leaving a girl in his car to drown without notifying authorities for 10 hours? Biggest political machines in the country are democrat. The California mess, democrat, Chicago machine, democrat. Because conservatives are normally christian and are in fact not as good at being criminals, they are held to a higher standard and get caught. He himself said he forgot to be a statesman.

Washington is an honorary God Emperor, fag

the capture of the mainstream by the counter-culture, along with the bulk of the boomer generation identifying their music tastes in the '60s and '70s with their political opinions against the Vietnam War, has been one of the greatest cross-generational causes of bias against Nixon in particular and conservatism in general. even Gen X and the Millennial generation were inundated by this propaganda. he was not nearly as bad as he has been made out to be. W. Bush was a far worse president, for example, but far fewer examples of public ridicule will survive - partly because the music wasn't as good.
the movie Frost/Nixon had a character who was on Nixon's side, and he said something like 90% of what Nixon did was good, and 10% was questionable. the bias the media taught me to have about him made me doubt that at the time of watching, but looking back it's probably much closer to the truth than the 90% bad, 10% good (founding the EPA) that most liberals have as their outlook on the man, an outlook unearned by first-hand experience
also this

Required reading if you want deconstructed Nixon in the context of the political time. Ultimately just a power addict, ultimately pathetic like all addicts. But not dumb, and not really evil.
> see "blind ambition"
>cf Clintons

They're all crooks and scammers because politics is politics.