Why are (((they))) pushing meditation propaganda all over everywhere? I don't see any point in sitting and doing nothing

Why are (((they))) pushing meditation propaganda all over everywhere? I don't see any point in sitting and doing nothing

Other urls found in this thread:

artofliving.org/uk-en/meditation/meditation-for-you/benefits-of-meditation
liveanddare.com/benefits-of-meditation/
emmaseppala.com/10-science-based-reasons-start-meditating-today-infographic/#.WYfVfvkrKHs
huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/19/meditation-benefits_n_5842870.html
huffingtonpost
archive.is/yLJBc
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Are you serious?

Have you actually ever TRIED to read something about it?

Its basically new age shit for soccer moms right now

>b-but it's old thing look at those ebin tibet shit

gas yourself loser. try sitting still and not thinking for 30 seconds... good luck! it's like taking a cold shower for your brain.

Again, have you ever looked into anything about meditation?

There are more than enough studies to show the immense benefits of meditation.

Read a book, an article or a study on what it can do for you and then make a thread about it.

>actually can alter the way your genes express themselves...

that's real.

I tried, it's literally nothing. Laying down and enjoying sunshine in my garden feels more better.

>immense benefits
>immense

it's literally nothing compared to doing sports for 1 hr a day. there is no point in sitting and doing absolutely nothing for an hour compared to going gym.

as i said, it's perfect for soccer moms and goyim like you. s-sit and do nothing goy and pay zen master charlie yang because he helps you sitting and doing nothing.

I like having the ability to control my metabolism, heart rate, etc.

Do what you do, though.

It keeps people pacified and docile. Yuri Bezmenoz when he was in India said that his KGB advisors took immense interest in things like yoga and meditation.

You can gain control of your body in ways that science/medicine literally can't emulate.

That is sort of a retarded comparison?

Obviously it would be best to adopt both exercise and meditation.

If you actually looked into it properly, you'd see that it has a lot of benefits to the human body and brain.

Do yourself a favor and stop looking like a total uneducated mongo, look up the benefits.

There is serious benefit in self discipline and awareness.

A good analogy I heard once was if you take a cup of water from a river it is swirling and murky with sediment. Keep it still and it becomes more clear.

Some of the discussion surrounding meditation, frankly sounds like hippy dippy new age pseudoscience leftist baloney but truthfully, you're missing out developing and strengthening yourself.

>paying to meditate
shiggy
thread sucks btw, stop being prepubescent

It's self-hypnosis to get you to be more complacent.

>be at peace goy!
>Relax and clear your mind
>The world would be better off without whites!

ITT

People who have not practiced real meditation.

>It's self-hypnosis to get you to be more complacent.

Entirely the opposite.

Been doing it almost 20 years now, senpai.

Yes, they probably meditated to escape the horrible oppressive reality of soviet life.

Do you have time to both work, practice, meditate and do sports? Nah, I'm not a NEET and I would prefer going to gym in my 1 hr freetime instead of sitting and doing nothing as my jewlord says.

Cleaning your room and doing something regularly is discipline too.

Here comes another LARPing "enlightened" basement zen master.

You guys are so sucked in that forced new age shit it's unbearable. Movies like Matrix are made just because to make you feel "enlightened" cuz you now understood "superdeep" theme of the movie. Same shit is being pushed in Dr. Strange too. But you hipster fedoras keep eating it.

It's literally absolutely nothing. Move your asses and go to gym and stop larping as a starving mutated indian. There is absolutely nothing worthwhile coming from that shithole.

I'm done.

Anti-everything that isn't western medicine user here.

Meditation is not going to cure cancer or anything, but it is legit life-changing.

meditation isn't new age you faggot
your flag speaks volumes on your intellect

>it another "complain about shit that i have no clue about" thread

Enjoy being unfocused slogs, faggots.

You know you can meditate AND go to the gym, right?

Crazy, I know.

It's a bad idea. It opens you up and makes your spirit defenseless against any number of evil spirits. Tread carefully when meditating.

If you don't have willpower, you shouldn't be attempting meditation.

>meditation
>new age

i blame veganism and other weirdos who want to be closer to nature

"Meditate 1 hr a day :))), find ur true self :)))" blended with some Osho quotes is New Age, and that's what you retards are doing. If you want a non new age thing, go to fucking Tibet and starve yourself with some other bald chinks.

I'm not a NEET as I stated in my previous posts.

>Oh It's another basement dweller zen master!

Anyway goyim gonna goy. Have fun

>both
>lists 4 things

You can spend like 10/20 minutes a day on it, if you have time to act like a total retard on Sup Forums, you have time to meditate.

Everyone sage this shit, OP is clearly the type who will dismiss something without even looking into it. There is no discussion here.

it's actually good for you.

Soviet propaganda.
Contemplation doesn't require assuming the lotus position. The fact the smarmiest cuntiest white-people mysticism types love it should give you pause enough.

I know many people who have meditated while having zero willpower, and one of them is now in a psych ward. That is exactly what I was warning about.

>just empty you mind, goy. Spend your already scarce free time in thinking about nothing, it will improve your life I swear
Do you really have to ask?

You can really hurt yourself if you take any of these yoga-pants seriously enough to take their advice. Meditation without abstinence? Of course goy, you're wise, you know everything, namaste. This wise girl in skin tight pants will lead you to the kingdom of heaven!

Yeah, why would you want to examine the inner workings of your own thoughts?

I actually looked about meditation way more than you thought.

>s-sage
>d-don't write anything i don't like

Go back to /r/donald. Or nvm, keep LARPing as a zen master like other dwellers ITT, now I'm truly done.

Exactly what I was saying in my earlier post. A weak mind, like most people have, will lose control of theirs while opening themselves up like this.

You need some facts to back up that wild claim user
Sleeping very slowly before going to sleep is super comfy,even better when. Your body falls asleep but not your consciousness

Breathing very slowly***

I've been very interested in meditation recently. Seems like the way to explore the mystery of counsciousness.

I want to use my mind to hack the universe and gain the matrix powers.

Depends on the type of meditation. Blanking your mind and hoping the universe inserts something. And listening to someone else or focusing on an a stimulus outside of your body is total crap.
But if you have clear thoughts, and learn to look within yourself and deal with your pain, and deal with your emotions, and deal with your desires, there are real benefits. Mindfulness meditation that is based on your own clear thoughts is a way to find a balance within yourself.

If you had looked into it then you wouldn't keep spouting the "sitting and doing nothing" bullshit when it's clearly doing something to your entire body, especially if you do it over a certain period of time.

Trying to knock meditation off as something bad is actually pretty stupid.

Have a real look:

artofliving.org/uk-en/meditation/meditation-for-you/benefits-of-meditation

liveanddare.com/benefits-of-meditation/

emmaseppala.com/10-science-based-reasons-start-meditating-today-infographic/#.WYfVfvkrKHs

huffingtonpost.com/2014/09/19/meditation-benefits_n_5842870.html

Look into Wim Hof retarded larper

Checked. Archive time.

>huffingtonpost com/2014/09/19/meditation-benefits_n_5842870.html
archive.is/yLJBc

>Do you have time to both work, practice, meditate and do sports?
I do a lot of deep thinking and introspection while I run and bike. Helps clear my mind, get to look at nice scenery, and think over my problems while still burning calories and building muscle.
I run for an hour every weekday morning before work/class, and go for 3+hour long bike rides on weekend mornings. On the days I don't go, it's harder to concentrate and I feel gross without getting exercise and the time to think about whatever I need to.

You clearly don't understand what meditation is. Meditation is merely a way to open the subconscious and bend it to your will, and it requires focus to pull it off. Don't listen to the le soccer moms and wiccans, it's more than relaxation. It is a cure for bad habits, and is a door to the library that is your mind.

>Anyway goyim gonna goy. Have fun
>implying being the slave to the subconscious and indoctrination isn't the goyish thing of all
Jej.

Just try it out, nigger. It'll strengthen your mindresolve to fend off the jewglodytes.

shtu the fuck up nigger
if you didnt want to find out more about meditation you should have jsut said you are a fagot shilling against it instead of having asked
get the fuck out back to plebit with your shitty formatting you fucking fagot

No, the mechanism of meditation is mindful awareness.

Surely this is a thread to start the conversation about meditation and force people to prove why it's good.

Awareness =/= Focus.
Focus is required to actually achieve something out of it.

I have had nothing but positive results. About 10 minutes a day and all of sudden I started rethinking my life and sorting myself out. It really works. Try it for a couple days OP.

Though I should add, there are many different methods of meditation. Some of the mantra-based ones do have similarities to what you are saying.

This is the dumbest thread I've ever seen. OP is so truly stupid I can't tell if it's bait or sincere ignorance. Kys op.

You can meditate when walking, shitposting, and working out. You don't have to sit lotus, but it creates a bit of formality and encourages discipline and focus, which most beginners lack.

Tldr meditate. Or don't. It's your mind, dumbass.

One must have awareness to have focus, no?

the goal of meditation is to 'control' your mind by not letting your thoughts control you

by doing so, one does not simply become 'enlightened.' it takes mindful focus and will to sort out your inner sight and intuition/access to greater knowledge potential in your mind

mindfulness is a form of mediation.
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mindfulness

Hm, it's a little more complicated than that. Focus is a laser, and awareness is a light bulb, if you get what I mean.

Yes, I am aware. We just had a misunderstanding on which form of mediation we was referring to.

Why are you playing coy?

:^)

>It opens you up and makes your spirit defenseless against any number of evil spirits.
as if we are not constantly being attacked by evil spirits

Well I'm saying that focus and awareness are two different things. Focus is with intend, awareness isn't. You could be focused on what is around, which is like awareness, but it isn't necessarily the same thing.

(O_O)

/x/fagets please stfu and gtfo

Meant for you.

No, pretending to have the self-mastery to meditate is for soccer moms. Interestingly, the first time I meditated for 20 minutes (this was before Jordan Peterson became a meme), my initial thought afterwards was, "I should clean up my room." It made me aware not only of my mental clutter but even my physical clutter.

Think of it as a way of conditioning yourself to live more richly in the world, not as a way of running from the world.

You should look into Yogi Ramacharaka. Y'all fags need meditation.

You basically want to do the opposite of what is popular. Look at all the normalfags in here saying how awesome meditation is. Most people are becoming new age lovy dovy people but inside they are just repressing all of their hatred etc. this will express itself in them in passive agressiveness.
What you should do is not listen to gurus and waste your time. Just become a 'satanist' which just really means a nature-ist.

B8 thread

go learn about astral realm nigger

This is what is replacing christianity new ageism and it's just another mechanism to keep people passive and wasting their time.

>satanists and occultists don't meditate
Here is your (You). Meditation is neither for good or evil, it is just a form of focus.

meditation is top redpill
educate yourself pleb

Sorry, I'm retarded and glanced at your IDs, thought you were OP.

meditating will make you realise trump is an idiot and you should stop supporting him

You don't understand what I'm saying only follow nature not crowley or some gay shit like that. Meditating serves no purpose except deluding yourself and even worse is guided meditation which is just hypnosis. For the same effect just go for a walk and think about stuff much more interesting.

Anything can be meditation, a routine 5km jog every morning can be zen for a person to fucking cooking a meal.

Are you colorblind, user? It's ok if you are.

>Meditating serves no purpose except deluding yourself
(You)
>even worse is guided meditation which is just hypnosis
I actually agree.
>For the same effect just go for a walk and think about stuff much more interesting.
You won't actually get anymore focused. That is just average thought.

You are conflating self-hypnosis with hypnosis by someone else. Both guide your subconscious to a specific goal, but I'd rather do it by my terms. Even then it's hard to be hypnotized against your will unless you was extremely weak minded, which most people are.

Doing nothing in a quiet environment is actually beneficial for modern people who are constantly overloaded with information

Because being angry and frustrated means you're more likely to DO something about the thing making you angry and frustrated.
Now be a good goy and meditate over your troubles instead.

There's actually a lot of great thinkers who recommend walking and thinking such as Aristotle. Thinking is underrated.

meditation is for the weak
learn to meditate when you normally breathe

It's not about not thinking. You're supposed to let the thoughts come and go freely without getting hung up on them. You don't have to sit, I find it uncomfortable. Try going for a walk or washing the dishes.

take DMT then

They're introducing the masses to the new world religion.

I meditate for 30-40 mins and it has made me an infintely better person. Read Zen Mind, Beginner's Mind if you want to see beyond the veil and know real peace.

You can do it, robots. We all can

I bet Jesus meditated, you fucking heathen.

>666 hand signs in image

A lot of it is satanic, like bikram. but general meditation is never bad - clearing the mind for a minute.

I've read that and Mindfullness in Plain English. I get the appeal on some level but it seems kind of cuckish to intentionally become more selfless. How does this make you a stronger person? Or more useful to your family and community?

It's good that meditation is becoming more popular. Under the guise of "mindfulness", a lot of psychiatrists are admitting that a thousands year old practice that costs nothing to learn is more helpful than any pills and $150 an hour of kvetching about your early life with Dr. Goldberg.