Pol, redpill me on my physics degree

Pol, redpill me on my physics degree

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=hW0kXlD4BA0
youtube.com/watch?v=XVJ4yG2k2AM
youtube.com/watch?v=pE-ZunMoGpY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHA

Enjoy the unemployment line.

Off-topic and Sup Forums-tier threads will be deleted (and possibly earn you a ban, if you persist). Unless they are quality, well thought out, well written posts, the following are some examples of off-topic and/or Sup Forums-tier threads:

>Red pill me on X. (with no extra content or input of your own)

Yikes, I just wanted to get red pilled on this, and those cucks at /b are as useless as their own dicks

Find out out what you wanna do in life and your passion because you're unemployable. You're overqualified for anything and no one will higher you cause you're a flight risk and baby boomers are confused and dont understand the level of competition in our generations market place. I have a physics degree too but im basically living off warehouse and sales jobs that I quit when im ready to move on.You can be a high school teacher if you want. But basically find out what you want in life and strive to achieve it and dont worry about money and stability within a company cause those days are long dead.

explain the force of PULL to me in quantum terms
.. go ahead
youtube.com/watch?v=hW0kXlD4BA0

Physics is the most wonderful human endeavor, the most master race of degrees.

Try to get into quantum cosmology, inflation, ADS/CTF and let your brain receive the awe of our universe.

>>/sci/
It's a good degree. Get a PhD.

WTF do you mean by:
> red pill me on my physics degree?

Be an engineer. I have a physics degree and got a job as an engineer.

I know it can be tough. Just keep at it, even if it takes awhile, user.

heres some more facts about quantum physics
youtube.com/watch?v=XVJ4yG2k2AM
you got a quantum degree right? not a rope hypothesis degree
youtube.com/watch?v=pE-ZunMoGpY

U mean gravity? Dude we have yet to find model for our universe that explains phenomena at a micro and macro level. We have what explains macro (classical and relativity) and micro/subatomic (quantum), but they're two separate models. But If you are interested in quantum tho, a good book to get into is 'Alice in Quantum land' it's good to get a basic grasp.

My first job out of college was a 6 month engineering contract at a nuclear power plant. I fuckin hated it and would rather do manual labor, which I kind of enjoy for the time being. I want to be a writer and I dont really care about money anymore though.

If you have a physics degree, why don't you redpill us? wtf?

I mean, how is the job market looking. Now especially since the scientific community appears to be receiving a lot of backlash

While you were wasting your time getting a degree you could have killed yourself by now.

you can work in finance. lots of physics dudes in finance

I'm aware I'm just a little worried about job prospects

Nikola Tesla did more 100 years ago than your degree tells you.

True, I have heard this. I'm unsure how to approach this

After Nikola Tesla's death his things were given to Dr John Trump to investigate. He declared them harmless. His nephew years later would become the President.

Yes, this is my main plan for now, but I don't know what happens after

fuck off with this micro shit
you cant even point to an atom, never have shown 1 picture of one.
yea the rope model of light explains gravity, the closer you are the more ropes there are connecting every atom in the universe to each other. the closer they are the more ropes and the more pull

the further away the less ropes.

guess what? that explains why newtons laws of gravity are wrong, because of the distance he measured the earth to the sun why it doesnt work further out

Focus on the computational side in graduate school. Modeling physical phenomenon computationally will set you up to model finance. Either that or go into surface science and catalysis, some of the best people in that field are trained as physicists

Well, no one can really see anything. Also, there's only one paper written on this.

This is actually interesting, two birds one stone kinda deal

Depends what you wanna do. IMHO, avoid anything that starts with astro/cosmo. Their is a boom in this area now, but I don't see it going anywhere anytime soon.

Engineering jobs are common. You will outshine any engineer in understanding; just don't be a pompous dickhead about it. You can learn a lot about being practical from engineers, technicians, and machinists.

Government is hiring a shit ton of engineers. Emphasize any coding experience you have.

If you don't want to work for the government, or a big company like Lockheed, Boeing, etc., and you still want physics, there are some smaller private contracting companies out there. You need to deliver resumes in person to these companies.

>After Nikola Tesla's death his things were given to Dr John Trump to investigate. He declared them harmless. His nephew years later would become the President.

John Trump = "John Titor"?

Yea so definitely either computing or engineering would be good paths, thanks

I may come off as harsh, but I understand that feel. I could have easily gone to grad school, but was so sick of that shit I got the first job I could.

So far, I love it. It's an engineering job, but has a lot of physical labor. Still, it's not what I want to do with the rest of my life, more like a hold over until I can save up enough money to pursue my other interests.

Good luck with being a writer!

First and foremost, OP, you have to understand your qualifications from the perspective of HR departments. The problem a lot of physics people have is they 'market' their degree by focusing on the physics part rather than the shit employers actually want; Susan in HR - assuming the job isn't an actual physics-related job - doesn't give a fuck about Bessel functions or whatever (chances are she doesn't know what they are) but she does give a fuck about your problem-solving abilities, your previous for working to deadlines through project work, your programming abilities (if any) and shit like that and so that's what you need to talk about.

The economy right now is one focused on data and quantitative skills and you're already ahead of your peers in both. Things work slightly differently here in the UK but the majority of physics grads here end up working in the financial sector.

Yeah, good point

Idk man, I feel like wars of the future will be decided by who has control of space. Kinetic energy weapons launched from space, photon weapons fired from space, if you control space you can really wreck some militaries. Analogous to how air superiority decides modern warfare, space superiority will decide future warfare. Imagine your entire air fleet being shot down by photon weapons from space, your airplanes may go mach 3 but they can't go faster than light.

found the idiot hyaena

nerd

2070?

Exactly. Just wait for the paradigm shift

That's more aerospace and aeronautics.

A lot of the astronomy/cosmology crowd is just taking pictures of stars and trying to draw conclusions from these pictures. It's a big nothing burger. Until we can travel to other stars, this is useless information. Eventually, government will stop spending money on this endeavour when they start realizing there isn't really any ROI.

I'm all for exploring what we can of space like the moon and mars, but I couldn't give two shits about star cluster letter-letter-number-number.

I suppose it depends on how you apply it. You're correct in the fact that imaging stars won't contribute much but pushing free electron lasers and high photon flux technology might

Literally the future of the human race, keep it up fellow Natural ScienceMen