If you are a Lutheran, your religion was founded by Martin Luther, an ex-monk of the Roman Catholic Church...

>If you are a Lutheran, your religion was founded by Martin Luther, an ex-monk of the Roman Catholic Church, in the year 1517.
>If you belong to the Church of England, your religion was founded by King Henry VIII in the year 1534 because the Pope would not grant him a divorce with the right to remarry.
>If you are a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox in Scotland in the year 1560.
>If you are a Congregationalist, your religion was originated by Robert Brown in Holland in 1582.
>If you are a Protestant, your religion was an offshoot of the Church of England, founded by Samuel Seabury, in the American colonies in the 17th century.
>If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1606.
>If you are a Methodist, your religion was founded by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1774.
>If you are a Mormon, Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, New York in 1829.
>If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865.
>If you belong to one of the religious sects known as “Church of the Nazarene” or “Jehovah’s Witnesses,” your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past hundred years.
If you are a Roman Catholic, your church shared the same rich apostolic and doctrinal heritage as the Orthodox Church for the first thousand years of its history. Lamentably, in 1054, the Pope of Rome broke way from the other four Apostolic Sees (Patriarchates), by tampering with the original Creed of the Church.
>IF you are an Orthodox Christian, you religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ, the Son of God. It has not changed since that time. Our Church is now almost 2000 years old. And it is for this reason, that Orthodoxy, the Church of the Apostles is considered the true “One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.”

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=UoOJwel1CQU
youtube.com/watch?v=c0eit4OcDfk&t=550s
youtube.com/watch?v=TN3rD28R8xg
youtu.be/EWiEVNqKhRc
youtu.be/sZ9Ejxktd5I
youtu.be/3_2T47PAIkM
archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/125637346/#125637346
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>pathetic factionalism
Orthodox Church practises idolatry, has stupid chanting and preaches salvation by works. It's heresy. It's nearly as bad as the C*tholic Church. Just read the Bible instead of latching onto a denomination and following every little command they have.
Also, it wasn't founded by Jesus and you know it.

>muh salvation by works

faith without works is dead. you must embody your faith in action.

Show me the verse that says that. Good faith yields good works, and vice versa can be the case too, so it's little more than a sign of good faith. If you lack faith, you wouldn't be doing good works.

>It has not changed since that time
Not even orthodox claim that sweetie.
>If you are a protestant you're church was founded...
Protestants go back to the bible. There is nothing to be founded there.

I swear if I didn't know better I would think all the cath and orth larpers on here are just larping and not actual christians

>muh salvation by works
>faith without works is dead. you must embody your faith in action.
It's amazing how you switched from salvation by works to embody your faith in action in a heartbeat because you know salvation by works is heretical

bible only proddies gave rise to fundamentalist rural and suburban retards

>yfw you realize filthy protestants ruined the west

I've been interested in Orthodox Christianity. I have a background in Protestantism, but it seemed lacking.

Currently, I'm not religious, but I admittedly want to be.

>IF you are an Orthodox Christian, your church shared the same rich apostolic and doctrinal heritage as the Catholic Church for the first thousand years of its history. Lamentably, starting with the First Council of Constantinople, the Bishop of Constantinople started the process of schism by asserting himself over the three Petrine Sees on purely secular grounds, fabricating stories about Andrew and being subservient to the Eastern Roman Emperor, falling into the Arian heresy by following him, and ultimately splitting over an orthodox confession of faith that is found in the Fathers, while following Photian theology that has roots in Arianism and makes the Son lesser than the Father, and justifies the killing of Catholics over azymes.
The assertion that the Orthodox Church never changed is false. They have adopted a duotheistic theology that involves a God of Contradiction, and have a adopted a morality that is subservient to secular needs. In about 50 years, they went from supporting Humanae Vitae to completely going against it, just because they thought it would make abortions in their Mother Country stop (it didnt). Similar cases have happened with marriage, where they have robbed it of it's Sacrament.

>Protestants go back to the bible.
The Bible doesnt interpret itself, any Protestant denomination follows the interpretation of a theologian without any authority.

drives me crezzy when ppl assume xtians are catholic

>If you are a Lutheran, your religion was founded by Martin Luther, an ex-monk of the Roman Catholic Church, in the year 1517.
>If you belong to the Church of England, your religion was founded by King Henry VIII in the year 1534 because the Pope would not grant him a divorce with the right to remarry.
>If you are a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox in Scotland in the year 1560.
>If you are a Congregationalist, your religion was originated by Robert Brown in Holland in 1582.
>If you are a Protestant, your religion was an offshoot of the Church of England, founded by Samuel Seabury, in the American colonies in the 17th century.
>If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1606.
>If you are a Methodist, your religion was founded by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1774.
>If you are a Mormon, Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, New York in 1829.
>If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865.
>If you belong to one of the religious sects known as “Church of the Nazarene” or “Jehovah’s Witnesses,” your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past hundred years.
If you are a Roman Catholic, your church shared the same rich apostolic and doctrinal heritage as the Orthodox Church for the first thousand years of its history. Then, The Orthodoxy broke way from the One True Faith by them misinterpreting the essence of the original Creed of the Church, and all the theological logic and Tradition that accompanied it.
>IF you are an Orthodox Christian, you religion was founded in the year of the Great Schism. by Patriarchs that misinterpreted the Holy Spirit as being from both: the Almighty and equally from Jesus Christ, not correctly as "From The Almighty, Through Jesus Christ.

wrong. Just shows how little you know:
It's Salvation by demonstrated Faith through works.
~ You can't just say, you have to show 'Authentic Worship', I mean, isn't that one of your new borrowed catchphrases these days?
Too funny.

Hitler was a Catholic
Bannon is a Catholic
John Kelly is a Catholic
Tom Brady is a Catholic
Trump is married to a Catholic
Bill Gates is now considering Catholicism
Bill Gates is married to a Catholic.

"Catholics are born for battle."
-Pope Leo

That's the whole problem, they broke from sensible exegetes. They want the Bible to be however they want it to be, and contain whatever they want it to contain.

-It ceases being The Bible, and simply becomes "their bible."

Hitler loved Islam and hated Catholicism.
Bill Gates is a jew.

>stupid chanting
Yeah. What kinda faggots sing about the glory of God? Why would Christians want to glorify Him?

Yes, time has come.

Drives *me* crazy when people assume that Catholics are Christians when they're really a bunch of papist idolators.

The Reformation was a mistake. Reforming the Catholic Church in some way was necessary, but the emergence Protestantism was a mistake. I believe things would have been better had the Reformation in continental Europe been more similar to the Reformation in England, that is, splitting from the Catholic Church but largely retaining Catholic theology. If this occurred, I think we would have seen a more traditional Protestant church evolve in Germany and the other Protestant regions, much like Anglicanism, but with a more German flavour instead of English, which would be very interesting and beautiful to see.

Nice try heretic, but I'm a nazarene. We used to be the most based but we no longer outlaw interracial marriage. (it's still frowned upon)

Catholics aren't just 'Christians', we are 'The Christians'.
We don't idolize the Pope, nor do we pray to him, or any of that other weird bullshit you spray out. Some of us actually hate this 'Pope'.
The Pope has only spoken Ex Cathedra twice this last century.
We pray to The Father Almighty, His son Jesus Christ, and the Holy Spirit.

How can I say this clearly...
You say that because you're stupid.

...again:

'Orthodox' Christian is bullshit, they're really called 'old catholics', and in truth they are not the 'original' church. The Roman Catholic Church is unfortunately the only true 'apostolic' church for one boring reason and one alone:

With no Eastern Roman Emperor, the 'orthodox' church DOESN'T EXIST, it requires a ROMAN emperor to make all patriarchs 'equal' under god. Since Roman catholicism developed with an absence of an Emperor, it is the only church that can canonically persist without one. Roman Catholicism is the true church in the absence of an Emperor, and 'Orthodoxy' is the true church in the presence of an Emperor. Since there is no more Roman Emperors, Orthodoxy is heretical.

yeah well, ya see, first the Lutherans split because of X,Y,& Z,
But now?
Most 'Christian' churches don't even know what 'X, Y, & Z' are...
Today's 'Christian' / low-Protestant churches have far less in common with the actual Luther breakaway church, and more in common with feel-good hippie self-help groups.

I agree that Lutheranism is far, far better than the breakaway churches. But that being said, I still disagree with the theology of Lutheranism.

Also I maintain that the establishment of a German/Germanic church in continental Europe with mostly Catholic theology would have been better in the long run.

...and another thing is, actually this did occur. Their were Protestant churches that had very Catholic flavors, but they faded.

You just don't see it! Do you???!
This is not just Man working, God has His hand in it too.
The Catholic Church has persisted because the Holy Spirit resides in it. This is why we fight, this is God's Church on Earth.

>Their were Protestant churches that had very Catholic flavors, but they faded.
This is quite disappointing to hear.

Brothers in Christ, join us over at /christian/, we also have a discord with a #prayer-room. All Christian denominations are welcome (The Three Ecumenical or Universal Creeds: Apostles' Creed, Nicene Creed, Athanasian Creed). God bless.

youtube.com/watch?v=UoOJwel1CQU

Hebrews 10:25 KJV
Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching.

This thread is full of sin.

>And I, brethren, could not speak to you as to spiritual people but as to carnal, as to babes in Christ. I fed you with milk and not with solid food; for until now you were not able to receive it, and even now you are still not able; for you are still carnal. For where there are envy, strife, and divisions among you, are you not carnal and behaving like mere men? For when one says, “I am of Paul,” and another, “I am of Apollos,” are you not carnal?

>Who then is Paul, and who is Apollos, but ministers through whom you believed, as the Lord gave to each one? I planted, Apollos watered, but God gave the increase. So then neither he who plants is anything, nor he who waters, but God who gives the increase.
>Now he who plants and he who waters are one, and each one will receive his own reward according to his own labor.

>For we are God’s fellow workers; you are God’s field, you are God’s building. According to the grace of God which was given to me, as a wise master builder I have laid the foundation, and another builds on it. But let each one take heed how he builds on it.

>For no other foundation can anyone lay than that which is laid, which is Jesus Christ.

well crafted leafpost

Well see, everything would have been better if there weren't such greedy Bishops doing all their fundraising for a better cathedral than the town next door. All the selling of indulgences and saint's bones, all the man-made bullshit that triggered Luther is to blame.
The Council of Trent fixed it, but it was too late, the British took Protestantism and ran with it.

The doctrine is sound,
the men were weak.
That's the real shame.

>"Catholics are born for battle."
must be why tony blair converted

I'm just the guy who thinks the Churches are full of Churchianity scum and the only reason they go is because they have the dough, alight happy fucker$ the lot of scum.

Maybe I'll join u fuckers huh, maybe I'll attend 1 Church service say ya ok fuck it I'm Catholic now screw it u commandment breaking, geometric idoling, painters round bout look at us lots of money scum!

The true church is a symbol of the 'horizontal' and vertical' relationship:
We should be good to each other as God is good to us. Praying and worshiping in a group is brotherhood, community. That's the essence of the Church.

>t, eternal bumblasted schismatic orthodox larper

This, it's spiritually healthy to commune with fellow believers regularly.

maybe you will...
...it'll help in that wrestling match you have going with those self-deceiving thoughts.

fuck off retard fag

please tell me how
Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

supports faith plus works salvation.

>in b4 James 2 dead faith
Yeah its dead because its non-productive, but not non-existent. Faith is for Jesus, works are for mankind. Men can't see our faith so they understand us by our works. Dead faith is still faith.

Every kingdom divided against itself is brought to desolation; and every city or house divided against itself shall not stand (Matthew 12:25b KJV)

I was once far worse than you my friend.
Trust me, I was a human demon.

Only by the grace of God there go I.

I'm cpong and pating these from a different thread so read them so you avoid shitty arguements

well lets see what it says "saved through faith" well it looks like you don't have to do any works. ""gift of God" you don't work for gifts you just accept them otherwise it isn't a gift. "not of works" well that's pretty clear you fin' need to do works. "lest anyman should boast" just like the guys in
Matthew 7:21-23
Not every one that saith unto me, Lord, Lord, shall enter into the kingdom of heaven; but he that doeth the will of my Father which is in heaven.(see John 6:38-40 fir Father's will)
22 Many will say to me in that day, Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in thy name? and in thy name have cast out devils? and in thy name done many wonderful works?
23 And then will I profess unto them, I never knew you: depart from me, ye that work iniquity.
It looks like thise people were boastimg and relying on their works "done many wonderful works" AND they had faith "in thy name". But Jesus still told them to fuck off.
Looks like relying on yoir works like orthodox and catholics do has you NOT enter Heaven

The Father's will is believe on Jesus
Matthew 7:21 is saying that yoi can't fake your faith but actually have to believe

And you didn't respond to anything it Ephesians 2:8-9 which was the focus. And yes you should still do works since you will be rewarded for it(Rev 22:12) but it won't get you saved(Galatians 3:10-11
10 For as many as are of the works of the law are under the curse: for it is written, Cursed is every one that continueth not in all things which are written in the book of the law to do them.
11 But that no man is justified by the law in the sight of God, it is evident: for, The just shall live by faith.
)

Been through this argument a million times. Not going to go through it again.
Go to Catholicanswers.com
ask that, read the tracts on it, it's all explained out citing Scripture every single step of the way.
Believe the truth, not what you want to believe.

>It's a fellow Europeans arguing over the interpretation of what some Jew nailed to a piece of wood said.
It would be funny if it wasn't so sad. Abrahamic = Proto-Marxist

If there is one demographic on Sup Forums that can be considered the most divided and contentious it would be the Christian threads.

It seems like it is literally Catholic and Orthodox/Protestant split right down the middle 50/50...

>pic
If you can't understand the point he was making, you are stupid.

Pick whatever you wish to believe, the details of your Christian version are not as important compared to the character of the people following said religion

You don't want to end up with power hungry people getting in the way of your divine morals, that simply use your group as a tool for their own goals, which happen to almost any religion/ideology

But because we are tribal animals at the end of the day it will still happen no matter what people might say, so go ahead and use the heresy card because it's a wonderful idea to fight amongst ourselves rather than leftists and Muslims. Good luck you guys

>nobarguement

>Believe the truth, not what you want to believe.
That's why I believe faith only salvation. I used to think you had to be a good boi but I was wrong.

>pic
It's because they would hate you for loving the Lord. You're a dumbass. KYS

What is truth?

Please explain this pic.
What's going on?

I feel that true Christianity has to be unequivocally opposed to the Jew's New World Order to be considered the true narrow path.
What exact """"denomination""""" that is, I do not know...

You should know this user.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

>Just read the Bible instead of latching onto a denomination and following every little command they have.
That's what I do. Just follow what the bible says, screw what men say.

yes

and they all will burn in hell

You from /christian/?

this

of course

Don't forget catholics used to sell entrance into heaven and put people in cages. The laughable sects of the past 500 years all butned witches and other stupid crap too.

Only the orthodox church did not have these problems. Only the orthodox church members have a long history of fighting muslims and keeping the rest of europe free from islam.

You still send people to hell but you are miles better than catholics.

And here is the true nature of Christkikes, they would choose their desert YAHWEH over their own flesh and blood. Preferring to live in an afterlife as amorphous, sexless angels than embracing life and its struggle.

That makes you a messianic jew

The Orthodox church broke away because the Catholics became too greedy. There were only 2 holy cities still in Christian hands in 1054. Constantinople and Rome, the both churches were supposed to be equal, and yet the pope demanded to be recognised as superior to the patriarch of Constantinople.
In the beginning, the differences were very small, just a few differences in how the rituals are done. But after centuries the Orthodox Christianity has indeed accepted too much of the Slavic mythology, leading to people believing in weird rituals with animal tails and lead bullets instead in the power of the Lord.

Ah brat. Kako je u beogradu danas

Jeli je vruce bre

Sta ima novo

>as amorphous, sexless
no swettie

>embracing life
Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
John 18:36

Serb here

I never heard of the tail or bullets crap.

If you are a "Christian" you follow Paul, a person who has never seen Jesus. A person who was called charlatan, magician, spouter of lies, and other derogatory monikers by the other apostles. A person whose road to Damascus story is different in all 3 of his accounts, making him a liar with a bad memory. A person whom Christ himself warned about when he said to beware the leaven of the Pharisees, and likening them to a den of vipers. An egotistical narcissistic psychopath bent on perverting Jesus' beautiful message of "don't be a jackass" and "care for others as if you were caring for yourself".

Zdravo brt. Evo 20C i oblacno danas hvala kurcu. Lose kenjam nesto danima. Sta ti, ima li posla

Ne jos. Studiram medicinu na engleske nastave u beogradu. Kuci sam za leto.

Imam prijatelj ovde iz nis koji je zapposlijo se u oracle radi neki java script . Zaradi 6 ili 7 hiljada mesecno

So you're saying he hates Jesus but Jesus is totally fine with having the NT be about 50% of stuff Paul wrote.
Sure thing bud.

Pro-tip: The Bible is Zionist propaganda. The Father that Jesus refers to is not Yahweh aka Remphan aka Saturn.

Blatant Heresy from the mouth of an apostate!

Nope
Revelation 2:9King James Version (KJV)

9 I know thy works, and tribulation, and poverty, (but thou art rich) and I know the blasphemy of them which say they are Jews, and are not, but are the synagogue of Satan.

Paul was just regurgitating the age old new age BS from Egypt. Repackaged just for you bud. I don't see how Jesus is totally fine with having NT be about 50% of stuff Paul wrote. Do you have the missive he sent? kek

Galatians 3:28
You are following an egalitarian desert cult with (((Rabbi Yeshu))) as its figurehead. Christianity is not European, it is an exported faith from Judaea made for gentiles.

If you believe an invisible guy zapped up a universe with a magic wand, you are as dumb as dogshit.

>Galatians 3:28
Yes you aren't more likely ro be saved based on race, gender, or social class.

Christ is not separate from the older Yahwehist religion, he is the fulfillment of Divine prophecy as spoken by the Prophets of the Old Testament. You sound like a heretic that believes in Marcionism

kek. You don't know me dude. I don't know you but I am sure that you have a penchant for letting a bunch of ancient old farts tell you what to believe and who to deem apostate.

Where did your favourite god come from?

Why are you catholics and orthodox bickering and bitching over each other when you have a common enemy? I'm not a christian, but from what has happened in Western Civilization in the past 300 years, Protestantism has been the worst player in progressing into a better society. The protestants of the 19th century considered anyone who was "Different" as inferior and established laws that put an iron boot on the backs of minorities and women. Protestants of the 20th century were such a big obstacle for progressive movements and even indoctrinated society with memes like "Muh 6000 year old earth, muh evolution is gay, muh global warming is a lie. muh touching your wee wee makes you blind". Protestants of the 21st century tried blaming their autistic children's psycho maniac school shooter behavior on "muh sex ed, muh vidya games, muh rock n roll music" and memed an cheese cheeto into office.

Quit chasing each other, Catholics and Orthodox. You're better than this.

Theres is actually over 300 bit heres some

mfw none if matters because god/s haven't been proven to even exist.

well I am not inclined to disagree. I stay roman catholic for now, because it is not a good time to switch sides towards anything.

For now have this

youtube.com/watch?v=c0eit4OcDfk&t=550s

and this

youtube.com/watch?v=TN3rD28R8xg

If you are ca*holic, you belong to church of satan
/thread

Where did yoir little speck come from?

youtu.be/EWiEVNqKhRc

fag

You Sir are a heretic and speak the words of the Devil

The Mark of the Beast & Modalism
(Oneness Pentecostalism)

youtu.be/sZ9Ejxktd5I

All of these delusional animals arguing over who has the correct view of a God who has never been proven to exist. The most hilarious part is by their own rules they would surely burn in hell yet they cling to a false hope and condemn those who do otherwise. Such a sad existence.

that'swhereyou'rewrongkiddo.png
youtu.be/3_2T47PAIkM

archive.4plebs.org/pol/thread/125637346/#125637346

tens of thousands of "Christian" sects in the world and you have a monopoly on the truth right? Good going.

Go listen to your commie pope, he surely will prepare you to the comming of antichrist. And remember, fags are ok :)