What trades do you know?

globaldigitalcitizen.org/9-important-lifelong-learning-skills I personally disagree with this article BTW. I think construction is the best trade to learn wether it is dry wall, roofing, or masonry etc.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=ATXpq8KF_uY
m.youtube.com/watch?v=_z3pe_OSZrQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I know how to do roofing with metal or asfault shingles. Drywall, gutters/downspouts agriculture and landscaping.

unless you've got tickets for them you wont get near my house

Do you mean a permit?

i mean a trade/cert in those industries

I'll trade some coke for some pussy.

Blow it out your ass

well then you dont know any trades

What kind of shithole certifies people to put up drywall? It's monkey work

Only thing I'd want to see certificates for are engineering and electrical. Besides that any idiot can do it if they read the instruction manual

>what trades do you do?
>monkey work
cool thread

I used to do tech work like I ran an online store that I built myself and taught myself all the html css js php and python needed to do it - without a CMS.

Now, I do remodels. My god the money is so much better, I wasted all those years in college studying IT and I hated hated hated the work.

I'm finally happy.

I used to think manual work was for the retards of the world but it actually takes a lot of skill and thinking.

I advise others to explore the trades. It turned me from a suicidal mess into the person I wanted to be, plus I never need to ask anyone for help with my home.

Certification in roofing and drywall

You're an idiot.

Do you realize half the people working on your car have no training?

Everyone should have some backup skills OP.
You can pick up the basics of these trades over a summer or at least know enough to grab a job in a pinch if you need to.

>half of myself..
the place i get it serviced has a 3 month warranty on all work done and it's just one guy, he has his auto-elec ticket
bad example

i know custom trim/cabinetry carpentry thanks to working for my dad during the summers every year from childhood to the end of school, im a capable bicycle mechanic(not a trade but a skill), im currently working as a tile installer, i also know ground excavation, not just digging holes, trenching for utilities etc

i can do basic plumping and electrical, but i dont usually mess with that professionally

I love roofing. The views are great and the money is great. It can be dangerous, but they have safety gear for that. I use to do office work and I hated it. I love hard labor, I have way more testosterone and energy since I've had this job.

God, I love doing blue collar work but you roofers really have the worst of it imo.

I live in Texas, I got on a few roofs this summer and I swear the heat from the shingles almost melted through the soles of my dickies boots

Welding cert 6g stick and tig
Industrial rigging
Plumbing code
Various heavy equipment
Fire proofing inspection
Concrete inspection
Structural bolting inspection

>monkey work

White collar jobs have never been more precarious; they'll all be obsolete the moment we crack AGI (artificial general intelligence) within the next 20 years, most of them even before that.

If blue collar professions = monkey work, then white collar jobs = computer work, and computers rank lower than monkeys because monkeys are sentient creatures and computers are just objects.

Joinery! Great trade to know, everyone and everything to a building site to housewife needs a joiner!

Ok, here's my list. I'm expert in the following trades. I hold a general contractor's license for both commercial and residential.
>Finish Carpentry
>Tile
>Pipefitting
>Plumbing
>Electrical
Now, I have done loads of work in the following trades, while I can/have done them, I do not have the speed in these items to consider myself an expert.
>Carpet
>Drywall
>Roofing
>Siding
>Windows and doors
>Concrete, both flat, and blockwork
>Framing
>Deck building
>Fireplaces
>Excavation
>Drop ceilings
>Foundations
I'm sure there are things that I am forgetting. I started at 12, working with my dad, who built inground pools in SoCal. He would do all the work on your pool, plumbing, electrical, dig the hole, the coping, deck and tile.
After I turned 17, I got myself a job in maintenance. About 5 years after I started, I got promoted to the head of maintenance. We took care of over a thousand units, with a crew of 10, including myself.
Did that for a while, but didn't like the pay, or the stress, and meetings, so I got a job in Life Safety. I started with testing fire alarms, moved onto design and install of fire suppression systems, and dry chem systems for chemical storage, paint booths, and commercial kitchens. Then got out of testing entirely, and moved up to fire sprinkler fitting. I worked that job for a decade, the pay and hours were great. But I got into an argument with the owner of the company, and we parted ways. Went to a different company, for a few years, and again, ended up leaving. After that I got my GC, and became self employed. My whole life I was doing contracting as side money, but this was the first time I would be completely dependant on construction income. I've done a lot of old home full remodels, and even built some homes brand new. I've added commercial space onto warehouses, and factories. I've done a load of commercial tenant finish. It can be a bit rough at times keeping myself motivated, and the cash flowing.

>I love hard labor, I have way more testosterone and energy

same here. i love the challenge. if you give yourself to the exertion you hit the sweet spot, you separate body from mind. you begin piloting a human body.

Fag idiot

i didnt call it monkey work, he did

Useless shit desu, join the Marines and learn there rather than going to some hippy liberal arts trade school.

you're making it into some fucking homoerotic poof fest thing

dumb dumb head

I wear vans when I roof. You stick way better. Plus you don't scar the shingles. I love the heat but it's Ohio heat not Texas heat.

Roofing, landscaping and gunsmithing. Know plumbing too, just hate doing it.

Construction is a terrible trade to learn because of how wildly the housing market fluctuates. It's basically an imaginary market kept aloft by the speculation of bankers and not any real hard numbers.
If housing comes down, you're out of a job.

I was the foreman for one of the largest propagation and wholesale nurseries on the east coast so not only do I know how to grow shit I also have expoerience maintaining all the equiptment needed in that field. I also have extensive experience in irrigation design and installation both for crops and landscapes. I am a certified veterinary technician as well.

My current job is doing design work for IT expos and trade shows. I don't have much of a passion for the work but it pays really well and I get to fly around the world on the dime of an IT company worth billions.

I assemble, install, and program gas flare meters

Not to mention that Paco will dominate that shit like with landscaping, willing to work for peanuts and shit conditions.

Welding and increasing my machining skills

Construction doesn't pay well, especially with the upcoming housing bubble popping (with some exceptions, like concrete boom operators) but every man should know how to build his own house.

>mfw roadbuilder
>hate ancaps

I'm predicting that all trades will be flooded with shitskins in the next 20 years and your average tradesmen will be earning supermarket shelf stacker wages.
In Australia, a light engine mechanic has done a four year apprenticeship which includes on the job training plus bookwork and exams. Don't project you merica shittyness on to the rest of the world.

Looks like loads of fun on a hot day.

Also do all of the work on my own vehicle, help friends with their vehicles

Except intelligent and competent people are required for many trades. You don't give control of a crane to a guy with an IQ of 80.

White collar industries can put incompetent diversity hires into harmless positions. It's a bit more difficult for construction projects, refineries etc.

EMS, Roofing, Construction, and starting mechanics. Does hunting and general wilderness survival count? More a skill than a trade I suppose.

>you don't give control to a crane to a guy with an iq of 80
HahahahhaHHGhabahhaga
Have you ever operated a crane? Not exactly a mentally demanding job. Most crane operators and Dogmen I've seen working have been stoned on the job anyway.

>
Where you at user? The humidity+heat here has been almost unbearable here for many days, it'll be hard to breath before I even have my gear on.

>T. Youngfag Welder in Newark/Westerville/Columbus

I'm an animator.
>where muh drawfags at!!?1?!!

I'm up by the lake. Cedar point area

>You don't give control of a crane to a guy with an IQ of 80.
A black crane operator leveled an occupied building, killing a number of people, about 5 years ago through incompetence.

>shitskins
>hard often dangerous work that requires skill (picking beans and jumping walls doesn't count)

Pick one and only one. Not to mention that trades are almost entirely consisted of redpilled whites that aren't afraid to kick the shit of a feral nigger if they're on the job site (or just for fun).

Going to school to learn HVAC right now
I live in the hot part of AZ so job security is fucking good

Nice. I almost took a job to repair/build rides at cedar point. I've got a lot of family around there, some are in the boilermakers union.

construction is the worst option
anything electrical is the best thing you can get into
be it a simple electromechanic or an electric engineer there will always be demand and your job will ALWAYS be secured, its the one trade that cant become mechanized and requires humans

>What kind of shithole certifies people to put up drywall? It's monkey work
>Only thing I'd want to see certificates for are engineering and electrical. Besides that any idiot can do it if they read the instruction manual

yes, only a jew would want to see permits on monkey work.

The "Muh tradezz!" crowd will say that this is better than doing shit in air conditioned conditions.

Large animal veterinarian.

I can plaster walls pretty well because my dad forced me to help him plaster my entire house as a teenager

I used to be a scaffolder and that's been fucked by visa workers. You only need like ten percent of your workforce to be replaced to completely fuck the wage. If you don't think Scaffolding is hard and dangerous I don't know what to tell you.

Cow anus affiancato

>2017 and not knowing how to maintain a property

Construction. Finishing. Plumbing. Electrical. Yard Maintaning (from soil to plant cultivation)

These are some seriously basic skills man. Even if you never do them professionally, to learn and practice them will ONLY benifit you. Increase property value for resale or even if you just plan on retiring, knowing how to handle your shit without constantly having to hire contractors will save you so much money in the end.

aficionado*

Crypto-currency trading

dormers are the stupidest idea ever.

As someone who has worked both hard manual labor jobs and cushy office jobs it's a trade off. I've found that a lot of office jobs are soul sucking. When I was the foreman for one of the lkargest wholsale nurseries on the east coast I had wayyyy more job satisfaction in my day to day life but that is also because I am fit so I enjoy working outdoors. I ended up with a job offer to design IT expos for a specific company and it pays really well and lets me travel all over the world. As a convicted fellon and former prison inmate that was an opportunity I didn't want to pass up, I like it because it's fast paced and somewhat physical work but I also don't have to break my back in the scorching summer heat.

I'm a licensed electrician.

That also means I need to know how to weld a little, general metal fabrication, general carpentry and framing...etc.

I'm also handy with fixing whatever is wrong with my own car but what man isnt.

Gunsmithing, machining, welding.
Trade labor is one of the only uncucked ways to make a living in the US. Working with your hands makes you feel content at the end of the day instead of just wanting to KYS like with every other job.

>I'm also handy with fixing whatever is wrong with my own car but what man isnt.

I think it's safe to say that a solid 50% of the faggots on this board don't even know how to do an oil change.

>>Plumbing
>>Electrical
did you do your apprenticeships at the same time?

those are each like 5 year programs with minimum 9000 recorded work hours plus college.

I hold a car mechanic license, next year I will get diploma in industrial pig farming.

..good point

really want to get into gunsmithing. Did you learn under someone or just go at yourself/buy your own tools?

Computers BTFO!

Monkey money master race reporting in!

youtube.com/watch?v=ATXpq8KF_uY

You're right, but this article was written by a woman. It would only include skills that are conducive to a lifestyle of watching other people do things for you, and then talking about it.

I went to a gunsmithing school, followed by an apprenticeship. It's not the highest paying job in the world, but I love it. My class was 30 white men taught by white men. General machining and CNC is more lucrative than gunsmithing.

No it isn't

Construction is killing my body. I get in, shower, eat and fall asleep by 9:30

I remember one funny story, goes like this:
>New guy (with diploma) starts working in our service
>Manager asks him if he can change oil
>easyshit.jpg
>goes gets a can of oil
We had oil barrel on other side of service*
>comes back
>goes to get oil again
>coworker notices him doing it multiple times
>asks why he needs so much oil
>guy say's "to fill it up"
We go to check car and engine is full with oil to the lid.

Could 'negotiation' be considered the same as 'rhetoric'?

m.youtube.com/watch?v=_z3pe_OSZrQ

Also this gay article doesn't talk about how to learn these abstract mental skills.

It's a living in southern Oklahoma, and a guaranteed job as long as fat people create and maintain the demand for beef, goat, lamb, pork, and dairy, and if SHTF, there's going to be a demand for work animals and horses.

If you have a blue-collar job at a business you don't own, you'd better be doing something else in parallel to get out of it.

construction is a broad term...

I used to do highrise concrete formwork stuff as it related to the electrical installations. I know that feel. Up on the deck 300ft in the air at 6. crane starts up at 615. nonstop gongshow for the next 9 hours. rinse and repeat. Need to learn to be a weekend warrior

love your job and you'll never work a day, or whatever they say..

also you'll be gold when everything goes to hell.

>not being able to name all these parts and their function
shiggy

If you get the foundation and frame(NJ fag) I can build your home from that. It's funny because I also have 2 degrees in Criminal Justice and IT(memes I know) and my father who I work with told me to not get into his business and to use my degrees to get a jerb

What do Sup Forums

For MK2 it's easy, try something more advanced.

As a aussie electrician with industrial, and domestic experience. Got any idea if its possible to get a visa to work in the US?

i wish you could by the 80s rabbit kit

Do what you like to do most among those things. They can all make money if you work hard at them. Honestly you sound pretty setup.

Also gonna turn 23 in a month I just need to stop being a degenerate(weed)

Auto technician here, decent gig. There is no way I could sit at a desk all day.

Nothing wrong with a couple times a month. Working hard toward the right goals is more important than anything else in life. Inebriation shouldn't even be a concern.

>I think it's safe to say that a solid 50% of the faggots on this board don't even know how to do an oil change.
true, because I don't have a car. would be a bit silly if I had one and didn't though.

-Carpentry (framing)
-Auto Mechanics
-Welding
-Cooking
-Brewing
-Pussy Eating

Which car owners don't know how to do basic maintenance? You just need to know how to read labels.

IT, because I am lazy as fuck and don't want to work in shitty conditions.

That's not rabbit, MK1 was.

American roofing, what the fuck is that? That's not a trade, that's just stapling.

literally this. I learned how to do it in a minute. the conditions you work in are shitty.

high temperature and height for long hours. no thanks.

We counting Cooking? I'm certified, wizard with my knives, hands so dead from heat that I don't burn anymore. My fingers are probably medium well at all times. Slightest amount of heat makes me sweat like a bitch now. It's like my body knows its about to be hot for hours.