Archiving

The NorLinkArchiveBot has been busy here in the last few months, popping up 15-20sec after a post with a link it doesn't like with the archive link.

Time to have a look at the pros and cons.

>Archive linking helps stop sites that get ad revenue off clicks from getting those click from 4chinz
The bot is not very discerning about who it archives - it archives abc.net.au - which is an ad free national broadcaster yet leave dailymail.co.uk links alone
>In general, the type of personal information DMA collects and holds could include (but is not limited to) your name, address (postal and email), contact details, geographic location (including your suburb or post code), gender, your IP address, information relating to the location of the device you use to access our Site, .transaction details relating to your use of DMA products and services and any preferences you tell us about.

The bot is clearly a bot - the response time is too fast for even the most weaponised autismo but it's also monitred. In discussions with the Norway flagged bot it's also made it clear that when it comes to vids it downloads vids (probably using rtmpdump and or youtube-dl). This in itself should be a fucking MAJOR red flag. I have also seen the same archive posting style using other flags - probably safe to say that if it is one person running a bot, they're also using a proxy or vpn.
When pressed about whether he's working/shilling for archive.is the bot usually goes on an ad hominem offensive and avoids the question all together.

My point is - for a site where one of the main tennets should be
>Question everything
Everytime I see the orbiters saying
>hurr durr, thanx Based NorLinkbro
I am left thinking
>hang on a minute....

Other urls found in this thread:

adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/pepe-the-frog
archive.is/fUAdN
web.archive.org/web/20170807225803/https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/pepe-the-frog
isnic.is/en/about/copyright
archive.fo/jlHA0
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

There are a multitude of link archive sites out there and in denying clickbait sites their advertising dollaryoos I have no problems
BUT
and it's a big one... don't just go to one particular site because some "based bro" here told you to. Archive or search for your own archived links.

The bot clearly has an agenda in only sending us to one site and only archiving some links and not others.

Some of the archive.is whois for those interedasted
>person: Denis Petrov
>nic-hdl: DP36-IS
>address: B?lkova 16
>address: CZ-11000 Prague
>phone: +420 775168924
>e-mail: [email protected]
>created: May 16 2012
>source: ISNIC

>I am suspicious about a bot who archives posts so that lefty websites don't get adbux from clicks

ya go fuck yourself op

>he hasn't gone thru the list of sites that get archived -
you might be a bit surprised and or disappointed at what he lets through m8
Eat shit and die.

The Czech country code is 420? Dude weed lmao

make your own bot and stfu

NorBot does God's work.

If NorBot wants a few shekels, let him gather a few.

Fuck off you jealous roopoker

Bump

Thanks for caring user

Norgebro is a hero. Stop being such an autistic faggot and let him do god's work

ITT: we find out whos on archive.is's payroll.

bump because legit discussion topic

>ITT: Buzzfeed bot tries to convince everyone that based Norway bot is the true evil.

If the norway guy doesn't archive it because he sleeps I do it this week. My plane is in maintenance and there's nothing better to do.

Also I enjoy your tears about your lost ad shekels. Go back flooding rebbit with clickbait.

Shut up hes our national treasure, norways gift to the world.

he used to use archive.org but the consensus feedback he got was to use archive.is since it has been the most common article archiving site here since it was archive.today during goobergate shit

why is downloading videos a major red flag?

yup
noticed as well
NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER TRUST AN AUSTRALIAN

There are heaps of alternatives - why just that site?

>why is downloading videos a major red flag?
If he's saving specific posters links a(while telling them to hooktube) and he's cross referencing posters with their yt accounts, doesn't that take the monitoring thing to a different level all together?

Cheers.

>someone says something I disagree with
>REEEE normie shill get out!

>heaps of alternatives
name two.

>tfw you forget Solskjaer and THAT goal

Listen, you leave Nord-Archive-Bot alone, or else we'll have you half way up tower hamlets

what other alternatives are there? besides, he uses another service unrelated to archive.is for youtube links, so he's not using just that site.

i have no idea what point you're trying to make about the video downloading shit. if people are on here shilling their own YT channels he doesn't post a hooktube link, it only gets used when people post cancer like vice or boogie and there's no way for him to figure out what your posting history here is from you clicking a link.

>someone says something I disagree with
>REEEE normie shill get out!

Pot, meet kettle.

Wayback's been mentioned and webcite
Those are literally 2 I can think of without searching. Their provenance may be dubious but then again what do wee know of archive.is (or any other subdomains they hold) and their background/provenance?

when users here are clearly posting comments on yt (and it's able to be cross referenced) & he's dl and archiving those vids and these threads - that doesn't make you sit up and take notice.

I'm not accusing him of being a shill - I'm suggesting we should be more discerning than just to trust him... There's a difference.

>I'm suggesting we should be more discerning than just to trust him

And I'm suggesting the same thing about you... checkmate nigger.

>I'm suggesting we should be more discerning than just to trust him...
thats what I was just suggesting about YOU hypocrite convict mental midget

They're gonna ban you for sharing that guy's whois

Also don't worry, it's a fake name.

The norbot was in a previous thread discussing with me (the guy who monitors it) and when I confronted him with these arguments he went "Haha I don't need a few thousand pol ips, I couldn't sell that for $10"

The dumbass indirectly confirmed it's HIS privately-owned website. He owns archive.is and hooktube (registered 2 months ago).

Sup Forumsacks thinks he's not selling their data and that he's paying the hosting bill in Jew tears.

The total amount of archive.is links from last year on pol is 92,000 based on archives.

If we calculate at least 5 visits per link (as the lowest possible average) that means pol sent this guy half a million page views.

This is a kike attack on Sup Forums that mods drown out because they think archiving is a new phenomenon from 2017 and they let the guy shill here.

my nigger

Please post reliable archive sites. I already know about archive.org.

I'm gonna rewrite my tool to use random ones to frustrate shills even more. Their pain excites me.

Based norge user. Fight these MSM clickbait shills and these bad we journalist that update later the news to fin in their agenda. I use the 2 too - archive.is and wayback machine.

>Bad web
>fit in

archive.is has
>0 ads
>0 tracking cookies
>the only active element blocked by ublock origin is literally the link to his twatter

Sites get archived with
>0 pop ups
>all scripts disabled
>redirects disabled

It's like you hate losing your shekels m8

If you do this and prove OP's suspicions are falls I will suck your viking cock to the fucking ragnarok. But if you won't do this you still do good work although we should question everything so pleas don't attack OP.

tracking cookies

>I know literally nothing about tracking

You don't need cookies to get all the info mentioned in OP's post. Cookies are for active sessions and remembrance. You just need to open a web page. This guy successfully diverted all traffic on pol to his archiving website.

If he changes it to archive.org wayback machine I won't shill against him

But he won't because he has interest in keeping his archive shekels

This

This!

exactly
We don't attack nordbot but we have questions and he can prove his good intentions very easy. No offence to him if he is sincere.

While I'm pretty sure the Norway Bot is on the level, it does make sense to at least do a quick look into archive.is and see if they're making any money off of what they do and, if yes, what they're spending that money on.

>his archive site
If that were the case I wouldn't have time to post so much. The guy who runs it is constantly working on it to fix shitty capturing of certain designs and to obtain paywalled content.

Any way, moot point since I'll use random ones starting later in the day. Send more suggestions ->

i talked to the guy
he said he has a script warning him of a thread without an archive link

the hero we need but dont deserve
have you ever thought about applying for janitor?

>I'm gonna rewrite my tool to use random ones to frustrate shills even more.
Go for it.
How about actually archiving sites that run on advertising as well while you're at it.

Cheers m8. Good to know I'm not the only voice in the darkness.

Yes.... but why do we HAVE to go to (((his))) site?

>archive.is
Yeah, I've never understood why archive.is seems to be the main one. Are any of them even related?
How do we know these archives are actually fucked with?

i mean why not?
why would i give money to the jews when i can give it to some autist who at least tries to make this shit board a little better?

>The bot is not very discerning about who it archives - it archives abc.net.au - which is an ad free national broadcaster yet leave dailymail.co.uk links alone
it archives liberal sites. dailymail isn't liberal.

The ABC is a Marxist shithole and it does have advertisers and they do use metrics to monitor traffic.

Secondly - even if it's a rival company looking to diminish the earnings of a leftist clickb8 shithole...good?

Now the only thing that is a minor concern is that archive was compromised during the election cycle for a project run by a U.S. university that works alongside the various intelligence agencies.

FAKE AND GAY
SAGE

They have a nice firefox addon.
>right click
>archive this link

Sounds more like a win-win.

I have no problem with supporting a service that undermines my enemies.

>I've never understood why archive.is seems to be the main one
Personally, I really like the short, human-typeable URLs (for transcribing from memes)
And the site itself is very easy to use

But there does seemto be a sense of cargo culting going on with the site

It also stops the sites from knowing how many people on Sup Forums are reading their shitty articles...

When you archive a site doesn't that archiving site also have to view the page you are depriving of clicks?

Sgills would be better served just posting an archive link off the bat and then shilling their garbage instead of trying to convince everyone nor-bot is the bad guy

interesting, thanks
yeah, it works well. are the other archive.**'s related?

That's a job anyone can do, and I wouldn't be accepted because I don't have a post history. My IP is constantly changing and cookies get cleared.

>How about actually archiving sites that run on advertising as well while you're at it.
Concern troll. Not going to feed your conspiracy theories.

Personally I always preferred .org links since you can see the url it contains. I think it has to do with archive.org archives being too easily taken down with a robot.txt entry. And what said. Archive.is links are more convenient for info type pictures.

>throwing pearls to pigs

Of course, but only once.

Which is crucial since Jewgle is using Sup Forums traffic to determine what content to suppress.

>Are any of them even related?
Breddy sure they own a few subdomains
>How do we know these archives are actually fucked with?
We don't. But don't you think it's wiser to question than just blindly accept?

>when i can give it to some autist who at least tries to make this shit board a little better?
But is he? He only archives links he thinks should be archived. What's his metric for determining what should be archived or not?
If it's to stop ad revenue then he's failing. Dismally.

What advertisers? The abc has VERY strict guidelines for what they can advertise and what cross site stuff they can do. So, again, what advertisers does the abc have?
>Now the only thing that is a minor concern is that archive was compromised during the election cycle for a project run by a U.S. university that works alongside the various intelligence agencies.
Thank you for reinforcing my point.

And sends lots of free traffic to the archive site from here....
It's a live archive. But at least the archive site doesn't get ad revenue from some clickb8 sites...
Or do they?

>Concern troll. Not going to feed your conspiracy theories.
There you go with that ad hominem I was talking about earlier.

I've noticed the Norway guy too, but he's not a bot. Bots don't have conversations with you.

Also, test
adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/pepe-the-frog

so encourage other people to archive other news sites not on norbros list

I've started doing it and you literally have to copy paste into archive and you don't even have to wait for the shit to load because by the time you post the archive link the page will be loaded for everyone else

>are the other archive.**'s related?
as far as i've been able to tell, yes
archive.li has the same whois info as archive.is
empty whois for archive.fo
but there was no apparent cosmetic difference as the URLs bounce around (sometimes you visit .is and get redirected to .fo without any apparent rhyme or reason)

Anyone who uses the term conspiracy theory unironically is either a dumb liberal or a intelligence service member and can't be taken seriously.

>adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/pepe-the-frog

(Stealth archives)

Take that Norwaynigger

archive.is/fUAdN

He's that fast by the way.

Oh well might just do another site just 4 you, but you really shouldn't link to absolute garbage ever.
web.archive.org/web/20170807225803/https://www.adl.org/education/references/hate-symbols/pepe-the-frog

Glad I'm not the only one

>>Concern troll. Not going to feed your conspiracy theories.
>There you go with that ad hominem I was talking about earlier.
That's literally the definition of concern trolling. You tried to affect a bad outcome through the posting of concerns, which makes them insincere.

Nor-Bro idk what we ever did to deserve a hero like you. But thank you

Nah, it's a monitored script. I've posted and his post is already up when mine appears - even the NEET autismos here aren't *that* fast.

But that wasn't an ad hominem attack. You are in fact concern trolling. False flagging shekel grubbing kike

He chooses to provide an archive link, but the original link still exists therefore so does the choice.
He doesn't provide archive options for every link, other anons could do if they choose.
I don't see the problem, I pick the archive link for most and sometimes go to the initial link.

You're jealous that we like him aren't you? All those hours of shitposting from your shitty metered connection, staying up late for peak traffic so your posts get noticed, putting effort into your worthless wordplay - all for naught.

>a concern troll is someone who is on one side of the discussion, but pretends to be a supporter of the other side with "concerns".
How have I allied myself with the archive linker?

I see the need for a link archive. Just not his.
Maybe the mods need to weigh in here and decide if we need a mandated link site and exactly which site should be archived?

>tfw the entire internet apart from 4chinz ends up on archive.is

Noice. Cunt.

Checked.

Who fucking cares you stupid fucking cunt, archive.is isn't what is trying to fucking destroy western civilization.

i feel ya helmet head, I never cared for the archive the way other posters seemed to, shady as fuck.

Reminder: Need suggestions. Reliable ones that can handle most articles.

>newfags are getting scared of archivelinks now because 1 Aussie shitposter decided to make a thread

Can you let us know what domains you own/are affiliated with so we can eliminate them?

>he thinks he's not new

Dumb ass if it's fake you can report I yo icann
Stop talking out your ass
Interested in domain names? Click here to stay up to date with domain name news and promotions at Name.com
archive.is
whois information
Whois Website Info History DNS Records Diagnostics
cache expires in 14 minutes and 46 seconds
Similar Domains
archi-18.net | archi-27.ru | archi-2adm.com | archi-3.com | archi-3.it | archi-33.com | archi-3d.com | archi-3d.info | archi-3d.net | archi-3d.ru | archi-4.com | archi-a.com | archi-aac.com | archi-aaes.com | archi-aapee.com | archi-aav.fr | archi-abi.com | archi-actes.com | archi-actes.fr | archi-ad.com |
Registrar Data Make Private
% This is the ISNIC Whois server.
%
% Rights restricted by copyright.
% See isnic.is/en/about/copyright

domain: archive.is
registrant: DP1659-IS
admin-c: DP36-IS
tech-c: DP36-IS
zone-c: CN25-IS
billing-c: DP36-IS
nserver: anna.ns.cloudflare.com
nserver: ben.ns.cloudflare.com
dnssec: unsigned delegation
created: May 16 2012
expires: May 16 2018
source: ISNIC

person: Denis Petrov
nic-hdl: DP1659-IS
address: B?lkova 16
address: CZ-11000 Prague
phone: +420 775168924
e-mail:

person: Denis Petrov
nic-hdl: DP36-IS
address: B?lkova 16
address: CZ-11000 Prague
phone: +420 775168924
e-mail:

role: CloudFlare NOC
nic-hdl: CN25-IS
address: 665 3rd Street, Suite 207
address: San Francisco, CA 94107
address: US
phone: +1 6503198930
e-mail:
created: January 19 2012

Information Updated: 2017-08-06 23:28:12

>>person: Denis Petrov
Russian hackers confirmed

Also, those archive.shit links don't even open for me.
I don't know if it's because noScrripts or what, but either way fuck that bot, I open source links and don't give a fuck.

>Russian hacker named "archive.is" confirmed
>.is domain
>ISIS cyberwar confirmed

27s

Here's an archive link to this thread
archive.fo/jlHA0

>.fo
>could stand for Federated Oblasts
RUSSIAN HACKERS EXPOSED AGAIN

some select anagrams of the name Denis Petrov:
Inverted Ops
Evident Pro
Deprive Tons
Vested Prion
Sniped Voter
Provides Net
Edits Proven
Vendor Spite
Deport Vines
Void Serpent
Rode Penis Tv

>Rode Penis Tv
Look into it

wtf i hate archiving now

This is vary offensive, pls delet now

I thought that you have good intentions but you are actually imbecile. Give him at least chance to prove himself or fuck off.

>Inverted Ops
Wow lad, you are on to something

>mad that archive.is is being used more often than other archiving sites
It's almost like you don't want the website to become mainstream

>rode penis tv

big if true

Inverted penis
evident serpent
deprive voter
vested pro
sniped ops
provides prion