Why the FUCK doesn't the U.S. have high speed passenger trains to and from every major city? This is fucking bullshit...

Why the FUCK doesn't the U.S. have high speed passenger trains to and from every major city? This is fucking bullshit. you're telling me you can't take a few billions away from military spending to make it happen?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=mbEfzuCLoAQ
citylab.com/transportation/2017/08/the-long-road-to-high-speed-rail-in-israel/535860/
youtu.be/k8Lo0ieyQtQ
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

What would be the point? U.S. transportation is automobile based, nobody would even use them

Cars exist
Subways exist
Airplanes exist

It's automobile based because there are no alternatives.

It would cost trillions to build and billions to maintain something that big , not to mention the security issues as it would be a great target for terror attack. Yea bad idea.

cool, take a car or a bus from Houston to Los Angeles. Not a fun time.

airplanes suck

came to post this
fuck off grandpa.

No, it's automobile based because it sucks having to sit next to strangers on mass transit.

look up how much the US interstate syetem cost, and then ask your self how much it would cost if it was that but maintaining high tech railroads across the states

Jews

There are no alternatives because we don't need any alternatives and we don't want a fucking communist railroad system tyvm.

1.) The current rail roads are all privatized and therefore fuelled by corporate greed unlike in europe where rail is subsidized

2.) IIRC I think highspeed rail costs something like a million dollars a mile to build so its only lucrative for small distances (again, like europe) there arent as many people who want to go from atlanta to new york in 20 hours as there are that want to go from London to Paris in 5

The Automobile Lobby paid people to rip out our train tracks

Maybe if we actually built things to last instead of building them specifically to decay in 50 years and then drag our feet fixing them we wouldn't be hemmoraging money we could he using to build large scale metro rails.

1. the us is huge.
2. I don't want to sit next in a car with 10 mexicans and their 30 kids.

airplanes don't suck, the passengers do. Just as many poors/shitskins would be on a high speed train that goes half as fast as the airplane.

This explains it pretty comprehensively

You forgot 3.

>Fuck off, It's not my job to pay for your high speed train ticket.

>Why the FUCK doesn't the U.S. have high speed passenger trains to and from every major city?

Car industry lobbying since the dawn of time.

But fear not, the US car industry is nearly dead, Musk will give the USA the most advanced and fast rail system ever, in the form of Hyperloop.

owning a car is part of the american dream. road trips are part of the american dream. there's a reason shit like route 66 is so iconic

>Falling for the hyperloop meme.

You know that thing is a giant publicity stunt right?

I'm a railway engineer. It basically comes down to the fact that our low population density makes it economically unviable.

In areas with high population density (NYC/NE corridor, DC, etc.) there is decent passenger service.

Meanwhile we have the most efficient freight system in the world.

But it's really fun to be stuck in traffic, right?

why? niggers beaners and jews

Route 66 largely doesn't exist anymore. It got bypassed by new freeways

Because Israel needs high speed passenger trains first.

citylab.com/transportation/2017/08/the-long-road-to-high-speed-rail-in-israel/535860/

It's really fun to sit and wait in a station for 45 huh leaf?

Cheaper and faster to fly when you're going those kinds of distances.

Here is a well done video on the subject, that should answer your question

no i don't know. but i'm sure you know everything. you probably know that it's not feasible to create a vacuum chamber and sustain it over such distances, without understanding that hyperloop only has a partical vacuum that is much easier to maintain and can survive leakage.

for all we know it might not be possible, but all indications so far are that the technology is feasible. it might happen, but i wouldn't be surprised if it didn't pan out for yet to be revealed reasons that you don't know about yet either,

Polacks confirmed for illiterate.

America is still in the industrial revolution. They are just above India in their technology. It's very sad if you travel and see how advanced other contries are. America the bucket of rust.

Oh yeah, because commuter trains never get delayed. Fuck you leaf. Either way you travel, you get stuck. At least in my car I'm not surrounded by the dregs of humanity.

1. West Coast: earthquakes.
2. Midwest: tornadoes and blizzards
3. East Coast: hurricanes

because the rulers of the world know America is going to get destroyed by yellowstone no sense building anything grand or expensive.

>trains are communist

Probably because cars and gas aren't prohibitively expensive here

>Have 3 schools build a prototype for you
>Best entry goes 60mph and can't even travel the length of the trial course.

Go suck Elon Musk's pseudo-science based cock somewhere else leaf.

Why can't we take a few billions from entitlements which are almost 2/3 of the us budget?
I want to fund the trains you want to fund the trains and that's the biggest spender. You surely are OK with that right? Right...?

I can't stand being on a plane with a bunch of degenrates for a couple of hours, fuck a train for a day.

get a private jet then. oh wait, you're poor

Air travel is better and more efficient because you don't have to spend years arguing with property owners and municipalities over right-of-way rights and property lines before a single inch of rail can even be laid.

>Load video
>Pre-roll ad for Greyhound plays

Really makes you think.

I feel like we could at least make something work on the East Coast, maybe connect DC to New York and hit all the big cities in-between. Perhaps similar with LA to the bay area or even Portland? I've heard that the zoning and current rail owners in the Northeast would make that type of new construction impossible because of all the property you would have to cut through/over.

Who's gonna pay for their daily use? The nigs and hobos? Please, they use government assistance for that.

you'd be begging for high speed rail and advanced public transportation if you've ever traveled to japan.

when i came back to america i was embarrassed when i saw our trains built in the 80s.

Fuck greyhound to goddamn death. Never had a 2 day trip that didn't turn into 3 or even 5 days. They give zero fucks, and they don't have to because they receive so much business from the government. One in ten passengers at any given time is an inmate release. Also guarantees the shittiest possible niggerdom on any and every ride.

>OP is traveling from New York to Miami to participate in a degenerate gay pride parade.

Does he...

pay $199 for a ticket on high-speed train that takes 7 hours travel time?

or

pay $149 for a ticket on an airplane that takes 3.5 hours travel time?

If you want a moronic high speed train, move to fucking Europe, OP. Stupid buttfucker...

Because planes are faster.

We don't spend money on people anymore. I mean, unless they're black and hispanic. They get free checks in the mail. Other than that, fuck off. We already hijacked your gubment. Did you think the "Military Industrial Complex" was just a cool sounding meme? We've broken off from the USA, niggers. We just keep the minorities satisfied and call the white people racists when they get too uppity, it's cheaper that way.

How long have you lived in Guernsey for?

>Why the FUCK doesn't the U.S. have high speed passenger trains to and from every major city?

Because our cities' public transportation system is generally unsafe for humans and is merely a place for niggers to commit crime and mayhem and to use as a toilet.

Niggers would turn a bullet train into a 500MPH urinal that takes them to better places to flash mob faster.

Planes are cheaper and we already have car+plane infrastructure so any investment into trains would be better used on our airports, roads and bridges instead.

Capitalism is to blame. Big powerful oil and auto industry doesn't want public transport.

It's a fucking big country and plane tickets are inexpensive. This is not a difficult question.

Good try, commie

youtu.be/k8Lo0ieyQtQ