How do you feel about guaranteed basic income?

A charity is giving every member of an African tribe $22 dollars every month for 12 years.

Is universal basic income a good idea or just more gib me dats?

npr.org/sections/goatsandsoda/2017/08/07/541609649/how-to-fix-poverty-why-not-just-give-people-money

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/jxmMY
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

archive.is/jxmMY

I think it'll be necessary once automation takes over the majority of jobs.

But until then, it's a shitty idea and would be economically unreasonable.

Automation is definitely a concern in my mind. If it suddenly becomes impossible to get a McJob or some basic general labor job because robots are doing all of those jobs the only options are NEET or higher education and massive debt. Neither is a good option to me.

>How do you feel

Don't you mean "what do you think"? It's libshits that feel instead of think.

I feel that it wont answer the underlying problem, which is their lack of conceptual thinking.

Fine, what are your thoughts on this subject friend?

Its a good idea because it doesn't have to be spent on anything in particular. You're basically just giving everyone a bit more purchasing power, which can do anything from waste it to help them start a business.

Those that use it for things beneficial to society will prosper, those that don't will stay at the bottom just like it should be

If every single person gets it no matter what its a mixed idea
If its used primarily as an inflation control tool then it works perfectly
If its literal universal gibsmedats it could lead to some problems societally

But both also would potentially decrease crimes of convenience as well as help small businesses attain more customers

As long as it is done with sanity I see no problem in it, I would consider it your cut of the country prospering.

Would you have an issue with it if it was a government program funded by taxpayers instead of charity?

Not if it replaced welfare and other such tax-provided things. I think welfare/unemployment insurance should be phased out in favor of UBI.

>not just using that money to pay them to do jobs thus producing a local industry that expands and hires more people in a self sustaining model of exponentially increasing productivity
>not teaching a man to fish but merely giving that man free fish for 12 years until he becomes dependent on that free fish and then taking that fish away causing a massive financial depression across the entire tribe

the best charity i think for africa is interest free micro loans for small business. but what do i know, i wasn't educated in a university indoctrination center so i'm not allowed to have opinions

I don't like the idea it's gonna breed a lot of laziness.

According to the article and "rigorous studies" they are making good use of the money. I'm not sure if I believe it, they seem to have hand picked a couple cases of the best use of the money. What about the village drunk buying gutter wine every month?

This is what will happen.

They learn to live off of 22$ a month and do not a fucking thing more. The End.

>not just using that money to pay them to do jobs thus producing a local industry
>the best charity i think for africa is interest free micro loans for small business

I keep reading that this is what UBI allows people to do: Start small businesses, get educated, etcetc because they don't have to worry about the basic necessities.

UBI may make the difference between a farmer being able to afford pesticides and scale up their farm and a truck to drive produce down to a bigger market vs. being stuck with a small volume of produce and a much smaller local market.

I always view UBI like a support fund that says "We're taking care of your bare-bones necessities so you can go jump into the capitalist world without putting the lives of yourself and your family on the line"

But then wouldn't food stamps or a similar program suffice? UBI says here's cash, spend it how you want to. So who is to say all that money doesn't go to booze and cigarettes and lottery tickets? People are fucking stupid and at least food stamps say spend it on fucking food.

>They learn to live off of 22$ a month and do not a fucking thing more

This may be the reality for many of them, but some of them will use the money to prosper. Those that prosper will lift their country up. I'd imagine $22 a month could mean not shitting out 5 kids to be farm hands and instead having 2 well-educated kids or something you know?

The problem with welfare and EI and all that shit is you immediately lose it when you get a (possibly very shit) job or on a number of other technicalities. Letting people spend money how they want is self-regulating because it punishes people who spend the money poorly. They can either learn from this or adapt because they will realize there's no longer a safety net.

And if there are people that want to subsist on $22/month and have that kind of lifestyle that's fine too.

the last step before being chipped and turned into globalist cattle, once they give out ubi they will massively tax any kind of A.I labor under some phoney pretense. all the low iq retards will be forever hooked on the income drug and will vote for more gibs

>you're lazy unless you work 9-5 for 40 years

lol you're some capitalists slave. enjoy being "noble" and working hard at your job so your boss can buy a 2nd boat.

without jobs people will have more mental energy than ever and can use it to better humanity, rather than mindlessly working their entire lives.

Just more future mouths to starve

>A charity is giving every member of an African tribe $22 dollars every month for 12 years.

This will destroy them. They only do it do make themselves feel good about themselves like an oedipal mom feels good about telling her 40 year old son he can live in the basement. All they are learning is that they need white people to survive and they can blame all their problems on white people not giving more. These monkeys need to be left to their own devices to sink or swim and not be allowed to emigrate unless they can pass an IQ test.

Where will they be in 12 years with $3,000+ total investment per person?

22usd = 2284.70 Kenyan Shillings
Avergage beer is 350 KSH...so 2284.70/350 = about 6.5 beers per month.

So they'll waste the money and not even get drunk.

The one nigger who attempts to better themselves will be offset by the 100 other niggers buying guns.

>bettering humanity by playing vidya and masturbating

Crucify kikestrians.

if they receive the money they should endure being neuter.

>I'd imagine $22 a month could mean not shitting out 5 kids to be farm hands and instead having 2 well-educated kids or something you know?

AHahahaha, are you fucking serious? Yeah, surely they'll stop their rampant and irresponsible breeding. Surely.

Let the experiment prove or disprove this. I'm optimistic. Free markets and a bit of $ in the right hands have turned absolute trash third world countries into far better places.

The free market part is a requirement though, if they are trying this shit in some African that will just enforce stupid regulations that will sap any business that UBI allows to get started.

Christcucks are fucking giving them the money, instead of helping poor white people at home. Our pagan brotherhood will soon be filling that gap and bringing our people home.

>but some of them will use the money to prosper. Those that prosper will lift their country up.

Just like the ones that got free rice were supposed to have the extra calories they needed to till the soil and thus revive agriculture to stave off future famines right?

>>a bit of $ in the right hands have turned absolute trash third world countries into far better places

Are you talking about colonization?

At least call it the right name faggot. Already been talked about daily for years. Sage

>Yeah, surely they'll stop their rampant and irresponsible breeding. Surely.
People who have cash to spend usually do something with it. Start a business, go to school, and occupy their time in a way that isn't "hey lets fuck, an extra pair of hands would really help us just barely survive"

Maybe they can even use that UBI cash to buy condoms

Great, more of our taxpayer money being used for this.

UBI is only worthwhile when scarcity is no longer an issue.

That will never happen.

None of your business.

The governments of the company receiving aid often did lots of sneaky shit to prevent the aid from being distributed properly, if at all.

Cash forces people to participate in the market. It creates incentive because people have a means of obtaining more cash. Bags of rice that don't even get distributed 90% of the time don't do shit.

But creating a market? Where rice farmers compete with each other to get people to buy their rice? That's the start of something

>UBI is only worthwhile when scarcity is no longer an issue.

This makes zero sense. There is no need for income if there is no scarcity. You don't need any form of money in a post scarcity society.

but with interest free micro loans they at least have to present a plan for self improvement or business creation. it's not free money, and they pay that money back if they can, and many times they do. your dollar goes a lot further in terms of job creation this way as opposed to just handing it out to everyone plan or no plan

imagine a million dollars worth of funded small business plans. getting even half that money back after some plans succeed, and then reinvesting that into even more business plans. versus just handing out a million dollars. which method do you think is going to help more people?

Give the spear chuckers money and they buy food. When they buy food they fuck more. When they fuck more they shit out more kids. Then there's more fucking moon crickets to have to feed. Bad idea. Cull the herd.

I think it's one of the few things Karl Marx invented that even the rightwingers might consider.

people breed more when times are tough. but in propsperous countries breeding often falls below replacement rates. the best way to "cull the herd" would be to create jobs and industry in those countries.

unfortunatly the violence in these countries makes them unattractive places to invest money and so nobody is interested in creating jobs there.

so i dunno, maybe cull the violent niggs and give micro loans to as many as possible and then bring in larger businesses to create factories and jobs and shit. that would be the plan to save africa i think. probably wont happen though

UBI is communist bullshit. If the govt gives you money you need to be doing something for it. Pick up trash, volunteer at a charity, clean the sidewalk...some work. You cannot just sit on your dumb lazy ass and smoke weed and play video games or everyone will want to do that and society collapses.

>People who have cash to spend usually do something with it. Start a business, go to school, and occupy their time in a way that isn't "hey lets fuck, an extra pair of hands would really help us just barely survive"

Oh, you ARE retarded. That's exactly what people, especially africans, do.

You just need to go on wiki and read up on the economies of African countries wrt free market policies.

At a survival level it helps, past that it depends on the local culture if people still work together for higher aims. A flat payment can also degrade culture as more people can shrug off responsibilities to their community.

Would rather see a low base UBI to give people trading power and then a have a % multiplier to money earned. Give a local tour of your town, be a home gym coach and just be their to encourage people. Run a small service and the few bucks you get is multiplied by the government (not a minimum wage that prices out people) to a basic income.

Except $22 a month in Africa is a big fucking deal when you'd only make like $26 (average wage not counting South Africa) a month working your ass off

In America youd have to raise it to like $1200 a month to be compairable

THEY IZ KANGZ

annual $264 UBI will solve every problem on earth. Try to argue this. Pro tip: you can't.