The oil patch back in full swing why the FUCK aren't you working yet?

The oil patch back in full swing why the FUCK aren't you working yet?

>Alberta
>Saskatchewan
>North Dakota
>Texas
>Oklahoma
>Alaska
>Gulf Coast

Move to one of these regions, bring some rubber boots and some resumes, hand them out you WILL be making $100k your first year, 5 years in you can easily be making 250k+, if you have an engineering degree you can be making 150k starting working ONLY 40 hours a week.

The oil industry is 99.5% conservative white males, and there is a MASSIVE labour shortage!

>no risk at all!

Maybe in saudi arabia or some third world shithole, in north america oil companies are safety fascists

I don't fucking care how dangerous it is desu. I'll just kms if I don't get a job soon.

Not in Alberta, it's still down.

theres a shortage because the work is so shitty. literally having to shit like an indian in the field. freezing your ass off -30. living tight quarters with 80 iq retards who gamble and drink constantly. nearby towns everything is so fuckign expensive. shitty ball busting bosses.

i quit to work in construction. much less money but i can actually have a life, and i dont feel like killing myself anymore

Wrong

Grande prairie and fox creek are BOOMING

*jump in truck*

>living tight quarters
How bad is it? Do you have your own room?

>oil patch back in full swing
what a shitty low tech energy source

Usually have your own room. Might have shared washrooms depends on the camp but sometimes theres a small washroom in your room.

I know people who go on the oil rigs off the east coast and they have 2 people in a room(can jam in 3 people if management wants more workers) although you might be sharing a room with someone on the opposite shift, so you work the 12 hour day shift while your room buddy sleeps, and when you get off work your room buddy will already be gone on 12 hour night shift

Still unbeatable. Wars are still being fought over it. Oil/gas is what drives the world's global financial system. And it'll remain this way until nuclear makes a comeback.

Man I wouldn't mind so much. As long as I got a place to be alone sometimes and waste time on the computer. And sounds like there's usually booze around so that'd be nice.
I just don't think I could get a job there because of my shitty CV and they're probably looking for special skills.

>Hey I have actually pay attention to my safety at work
>Hired

>Sign contract with cancellation clause without reading.
>Work as roughneck
>Think you will make bank
>Spend all your money on house, New truck
>Oil dips to 40/barrel
>Contract cancelled bc no seniority
>Can't pay car, rent, food.
>End up homeless.
I work for Halliburton corporate and have seen it a million times.

All that means is that business have yet to adapt and make a mobile home option that is affordable and suits the need of the harsh winter climates.

>be me
>suing state for monetary damages
>state's tax income is dependent on oil and gas revenues
>suit was filed a long time ago
>state immediately asked to settle
>state has bogged case down in court because they have no shekels
>oil market picks up
>waiting excitedly for shekels

It's still down in Texas right not as well. I don't know why this nigger is still shilling he's always wrong when he does it. Stopped clocks and all though. He's about to be right very soon. This is something to look into.

ALWAYS REMEMBER OIL PATCH CUNTS

SAVE YOUR FUCKING MONEY DO NOT SPEND IT ALL LIKE A NIGGER

Throw out some links to recruiters bros. 6g certified in all processes welder here.

I am, the pay is shit, you lie, the hours are garbage, you can't have a life

stayed in both, you lie! did a week near GP, got 2 extra hotel rooms free because we were the only tenants the entire time.

>tiny projects
Fort Hills is almost completed and laying off everyone, how is grande prairie and fox creek gonna be able to handle the new wave of workers?

>Canada
>the pay is shit

Not my fault half your money goes to taxes Québécois

They won't because buddy is full of shit. O&G is dead every where in Alberta. SE Sask. is about the only place I know where guys actually got back to work this year.

I'm in 'Berta and the NDP sure aren't helping

>1 picture that will make you say fuck having saftey n shiet

Oil ain't booming. Most if not all the refineries and fields are about to fold under a massive amount of debt because it's now to expensive to get at the product and make a profit. When that happens it's back to the stone age.

You want a job in the future? Go into a trade like carpentry, blacksmithing, basic medicine, mule-breeding, simplified small retail, or (especially) farming, along with the value-added activities entailed in farm production. The entire global economy is going to fade away like a drug-induced hallucination. Keep in mind that being in this world actually entitles you to nothing. One way or another, you’ll have to earn everything worth having, including self-respect and your next meal.

>you can't have a life

Like what do you want to do?

It pays well but these people usually have health issues in later life. There is a reason why the pay is so high just like with mining.

I'm in service and we're actually working pretty steady, because my company is a bottom feeder that offers the lowest cost. we've been doing a lot of abandonment work lately.
>tfw making a living off the death of the industry

You don't even know what you're talking about. Most injuries occur from nigger riggers dropping shit. Sometimes it's not even their fault anyway if the pipe is out of control. It's inherently dangerous but every safety check known to man is capitalized on. Just fuck off scared faggot.

I wish my back wasn't so fucked up.

I literally just want to get house and yardwork done, go to the city for the weekend, etc. I'm not sure if my company is typical in this but it's one of the few working, we're on 24 hour notice, you might be called for a job with an hour's notice sometimes. if you want to do anything that means you'll be gone for more than a day you HAVE to use your holidays for it, because there are 0 scheduled days off per year.

No thanks OP I already found a job recently and started wagecucking.

>go to the city for the weekend
>not hunt and fish

Faggot overload

The dips can be rough on people.

Yeah no shit. I lost my family and my son and everything. That's why I would like to remind these oil patch faggots to not spend a dime. I mean fuck I live in a van now. You think cars are cool? You think that can replace losing your son after you spiral into drink and hopelessness. Think again bucko. Save that paycheck and live like a poor.

But at least you still have Sup Forums.

I'm a masters of engineering student studying at BC. Where do I hand in my resume?

gotta go to the city to renew my expired PAL, you internet outdoorsman.

Mfw when work in oil and gas industry from the comfort of my own home.

Because I barely interviewed last Friday, you fuck!

Save on Foods. That's where all the Geologists and Pro Engs are working now.

99% of the people who work on rigs are white trash.

Also most of them are poor now after wasting their money on $50,000 Ford Raptors, drugs, and alcohol.

You just have a retarded leader

Why can't people laugh anymore

>Picture of 2 lower-caste jews:
>[Red-Jew]: You see that area Mordechai? Those two acres of lush oil-fields right there? That's where we're gonna send a few dozen goyim to destroy their bodies using our sub-standard equipment that'll blow up in their faces (while they have em huh... heh heh heh *rubs hands*) so we can gets some SHEKELS!!!
>[Navy-Blue Jew]: Sounds good to me Chaim!! But we're almost outta working goyim! Because the Goyim NOW!!! They're SHUTTING IT DOWN in favor of Fast Breeder Thorium Reactors!!
>It's OK... just get some Sayanim to post on Sup Forums and blebbit about how great OIL JOBS ARE!!!

>T(heir)FW

Bottom Feeder say no more. I'm in Construction, have an ex rig manager working for me. His old driller had 75 rigs. 70 of them are still in their lay down year. Three years ago they were double booked. The hurting isn't over. Not by a long shot.

>99% of the people who work on rigs are white
literally the best part of the job. it's so comfortable working and bantering with people of your own race and gender with no holds barred and shared cultural backgrounds uniting you. they all have multiple kids too, and often live like monks to support them. literally better at being what Sup Forums stands for than 75% of Sup Forums.

what a fag

OP why haven't you started your own recruitment firm and make 20k off everyone? Offer them 80k with housing and job assistance.

>The oil patch back in full swing why the FUCK aren't you working yet?

I have a degree in Petroleum Engineering, a minor in Math and an MBA and I can't even get a interview to be a lease operator.

Go fuck yourself OP

Seriously, it's been so fucking difficult that I'm moving to Austin to work in the Cuck/SJW infested Tech industry because at least their hiring.

THIS

Alaska here. Industry is DEAD. Hell the BlueCrest just stopped work because the state hasn't paid any of the companies their tax credits. Think again faggot.

>negro
>no one is hiring
dont see a problem

everyone in the field thinks you're a dick in a suit

What are the requirements?

I have zero experience.

Flowback here, AMA

You won't get hired. Get some experience with pipe laying or refinery work first.

>not being a pussy
>knowing how to use tools
>by not being a pussy i mean not being scared to die or be maimed horribly
>being able to work 80+ hours a week in shit ass conditions

These are the steps you must take to become a man, user. Are you willing to take the leap?

bakkens closed fuck off were full

there are like 6 gorillian jobless rigpigs who have been eagerly renewing their tickets for this exact moment

these jobs are already gone, unless you want to wipe down wrenches for minimum wage

you qualify, on paper. if you want to last to your first paycheck you need to:
not be a bitch
be willing to learn
be able to take some level of verbal abuse
be willing to push your body to it's limit's physically until your limits increase

Toolroom is a good way to get your foot in the door. When it's booming again I think that's a good task for a neet

>paying to renew your own tickets
haha I don't think so tim. you get the job and let the company flop down the $1000+ for recerts.

This is why every entry level job I've applied for lately requires 5 years exp in SPECIALIZED roles.

why is it so dangerous?

>This just in! Tradue gives all the jobs to poor immigrant family's who need it more.

machinery breaks and kills you

>AND NOT A SINGLE RIGGER WILL HIRE THEM

They don't have the work ethic, the know how, the ability to overcome and adapt... nothing. They won't get hired for that shit unless shitlibs force them too and if so good for us.

he overstates the danger, but it is in fact present. it's mostly due to uneducated shitheads in positions of authority messing with forces they don't comprehend, but also complacency. as long as you understand the specific dangers you are subject to you can mitigate your potential to get hurt. as someone esle said, in NA the industry are safety fascists.

When it's booming again you can get hired as a Mud engineer as long as you have a degree. I know a guy who had a BA in Business and he made a fuck ton of money, of course that's when oil was $100 plus a barrel.

back in 2012 we had a series of foreign leasehands forced on us by HR cunts and we fired every one within a week, often on the first day, because they sucked and wouldn't work. many quit on the first day even. I had to call those middle aged whores every day for two months to get in the door, and they were hiring these mongoloids from africa and india who could barely speak english over me.

ChemEfag here. Graduating May 2018. I am genuinely interested in doing this. Anyone got any tips?

Can I just say that I would really appreciate a job like this. Why? Because I'll be that much stronger from it.

We can't purge these traitorous blue haired faggots soon enough

in hindsight, they were probably some breed of TFW. this was jewry at work I'm sure, not cuckery.

Ive lived in fort mcmurray alberta my whole life, I still have steady employment and high wages here with one of the top four companies

there is no oil company on the planet that is paying for tickets anymore, unless youre family

they offered to pay the grand for my class 3 alone in the last few months.

>jewrey at work
>actively undermining our industries

But how could that be? I though based Israel was pro nationalist and Saudi independence.

Youre better off doing that anyway. Oil companies will work you into the dirt. You can brag about making six figures but when you figure out what it comes to hourly its not that impressive.

Colorado, water transfer checking in. 90k to do jack shit. Shit posting at work atm.

Until you make one fuck up and delay a frac that costs 300 grand per day.

That's why we are always checking our equipment and tanks. It's not hard.

I doubt the Mexican leadmen running the crew for 14/hr give a shit about hold ups. Just pump it into the ground boss man says. Seriously water reclamation is the biggest joke and you fucking know it. Can't be assed to not grease wheels and hire illegals to do the work. Sometimes I hope fracking dies.

i doubt it

i'm doing a civil engineering degree and if there is a mega boom with a chance to make some serious serious shekels maybe i'd consider it.
but fuck off if i have to deal with retard pipe wrestlers getting cut in half, so far it sounds like a gulag with rich plebs.

also wtf is there in alberta? you may as well work 80 hrs as an engineer if there's fuck all there.

>working ONLY 40 hours a week
That's too many hours nigga

>100k your first year

LOL
O
L

is this bait or have you never worked in your life?

You're doing it wrong.
That oil boom shit is not supposed to be lifetime career shit.
Get in there, live as cheaply as possible, make a fuck ton of money and get out and settle in where you would rather with a nice cushion.
People that get loans because of some temporary paychecks are assfucking retarded.
I mean, unless you use 50 grand to put down on a 250k house to make the payments 500 a month, fuck it, go for it but anything else you should be paying cash if you don't have the ability to apply the experience elsewhere.

When oil hit $65 a barrel and stays there then everything will start to pick up. Right now it's slim pickings everywhere.

In ND to make $100k you have to work 110-120hrs a week

REMINDER ABIOTIC OIL IS INFINITE AND OIL PRICE WILL KEEP GOING DOWN.

35 hours is the legal limit here. I'm currently working at a university lab

>40 hours is too many hours
>sees flag
This is why the American economy rose to the top. We're not lazy cunts

I don't want to pay the next vacation of mr Shekelberg by ruining my life. 35 hours is enough.

>caring what a bunch of inbred slaves think

35hr work week
what the actual fuck man
this explains a lot about france