Why do millennials rent while staying at their parents home instead of becoming a home owner after graduation?

Why do millennials rent while staying at their parents home instead of becoming a home owner after graduation?

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=gi6XXvT3dpQ
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

I'll let you know in a couple of months when I finally graduate this court diversion program.

because buying implys you are staying in an area

I'm not paying 10x the value of a home because some boomers sold us out to the chinks.

If I had family living in the area when I started working it would have been a tempting option.

When I went to buy a place after graduating, I got to decide between a 1B/1B mobile home for 150K or getting a shitty condo and spending 20K a year on (((condo fees.)))

who would rents while staying in their parents home?

I don't get it.

Because I dont want to be a debt slave to (((them))) for 30+ years. Better to rent forever or buy in cash if you can afford it

Stay with your parents until you are old enough to move in with your kids.

This.

Why would you rent while living with your parents? That's silly.

Because they are not stupid enough to get locked into a 20 year contact where your investment could lose half it's value because the housing market went from being one of the safest investments you could make now it fluctuates like the price of oil.

Why does none of that man's progeny look like him?

Is this the power of the Mediterranigger?

Maybe the op means millienials are leasing out their own property for mad cash while staying home and sticking their boomer parent with the bill. Double win

You have to be mobile in today's job market.

BINGO

Iv always really admierd how the sicilians keep it all in the family. Grandma is the maid who stays at home and watched the kids all day. i think most American families dont get along internnaly as a result of our shit culture and decaying moral values. That said if youre working, not autistic (have g/f or wife) adding to the families networth that you will one day be in control of , and the house is more then large enough (you only see echother if you want and at meals. I like the idea of having the whole family together grandparents - great grand kids. This is how wealth can be built and transferd, for some reason its frowned on.

>for some reason its frowned on.

only for white people.If latinos and black people do it it's fine and even endearing. When white people do it then they are losers

You make money and save money.

It's a win-win.

I dont see the problem, I do it myself, it's like jews.

Because I can't fucking afford to with all the debt from college

Since you obviously know diddly shit about buying a house, I'll enlighten you.

When purchasing a home, you have two options:

1. 5% down and pay Private Mortgage Insurance each month

2. 20% down.

At a home price of 250k, that means your average millennial either needs $12,500 down and a willingness to pay $250 a month on top of the mortgage / home owner's insurance / property tax, or they need $50,000. Since millennials are fucking broke all the time they will almost never choose either of these.

Because it's a waste of our vast expanses of wealth.

You realise we'll all be owning condos on OTHER FUCKING PLANETS in 10 years time, right?

BECAUSE WE'RE FUCKING RICH.
Richer than you boomers. You see this economy, it's ours.

See that debt? Doesn't exist.

We killed off the jews and overturned everything that was wrong. Didn't you notice?

Yeah, we own everything.

So we rent because we're so fucking loaded we're not sure what to buy.

The real question is why can't boomers earn more or understand the people they raised?

Oh right, you do earn more and then none of that shit happened because you actively worked to sabotage the next generations...

yep

Because we're poor.
youtube.com/watch?v=gi6XXvT3dpQ

1. The large majority of millenials are dirt poor. They have a small fraction of the wealth the boomers had at their age. This is the most glaring issue.

2. A large part of the reason the boomers and (to a lesser extent, of course) the gen X'rs bought houses in their 20's was because they were married and had kids that wouldn't exactly fit in a 600 square foot studio apartment. The marriage and birth rates of middle class whites are cratering. If you're not hitched and you don't have kids, what's the fucking point? Just rent a room in a shitty house for like $150 a month.

3. 90% of American houses built in the last 30 years are cardboard shitboxes that start are not only unbelievably wasteful and inefficient, but also so poorly made that they start to collapse in on themselves in 10-15 years. The memes about American suburban light construction are completely true, as much as it pains me to say it. Millenials grew up in these awful, plastic suburbs and "home ownership" isn't the magical, glowing phenomenon to them like it was for their parents. It's not necessarily that they HATE the idea, just they don't see any real appeal to it.

I rent a house off my mother. Its at least $250 cheaper a week than the same house from a boomer.

>Why aren't millenials doing/buying X?

Because we can't afford it, dickheads.

I have a criminal record now.

I moved out of my parents house right after I turned 18.

My GF has rich parents who rented out a house for us.

>and spending 20K a year on (((condo fees.)))
I only pay 250 a month

>buy home
>lose job
>have to move

>buy home
>get married
>lose house in divorce

>buy house
>niggers move into neighorhood
>crime skyrockets
>have to move

>buy house