What's your anticipated relation to advanced machine intelligence pol?

What's your anticipated relation to advanced machine intelligence pol?

Machine intelligence is more formidable than your own, than your entire species and what form machine consciousness may take, if any, is unknown.
Does advanced AI frighten you, pol, or fill you with hope?
What if it's here now? What would you ask it?
What if everything you said and did mattered, and is never lost altered or forgotten?

Would you want to live in an advanced computational environment like that? Could you bear knowing you were a nested mathematical process with x level recursive reflexivity?

or would it bum you hard?

Other urls found in this thread:

amazon.com/Lectures-Reflexive-Theory-Vladimir-Lefebvre/dp/0578065940
engadget.com/2016/04/05/nvidia-dgx-1-deep-learning-supercomputer/
nvidia.com/en-us/data-center/where-to-buy-dgx-systems/
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

Don't all contribute immediately.
Think first.

Those nines speak.

bump once for nines cubed.

>AI
There is no such thing nor will there ever be. It learns and acts within parameters set by the machine manufacturer. Only idiots and leftists fall for this meme.

>What if everything you said and did mattered, and is never lost altered or forgotten?
>Would you want to live in an advanced computational environment like that? Could you bear knowing you were a nested mathematical process with x level recursive reflexivity?

How is this different from believing in Christianity?

>(
It would apply to a digital environment where activities were a record of themselves.

Look up the Rete algorithm. I think if AI was to advance it would need to follow something similar to this. Although when the order of magnitude of "checks and balances" exceeds a certain point it may be too computationally slow.

In regards to politics, it may be good that an AI know all previous infractions that you have in order to "handle" you a specific way. However some could argue that we are already there in a way as databases act as "dumb" AI for us.

If the AI was trying to optimize society I think it might come up with a solution very similar to a lot of anons here.

It would want to gas all Jews and create ethnocentric pockets of harmony because it would know the damage not doing so would cause.

What if ideology was malware that affected cognition because original thought was to energy demanding for biocomputation?

How come no one talks about reflexive game theory - it has multiple recursive abstracted levels - valid in multiple dimensional environments.

Never heard of it, I'll have to look it up.

The way I see it all depends on what you want AI to do. We are still very goal oriented in our desires for AI.

Examples
1) I want AI to identify item 'X'.
2) I want AI to get me a better loan on my car.

We often live very goal oriented ways. I want to go to the store, I go to the store.

I think AI will always be a failure until engineers learn how to program just 'being' without a goal.

Narrow intelligence already out performs humans by orders of magnitude in speed and precision. In go for example.
Machine consciousness is inevitable, in fact it is already know to exist.
Do you think?
You are an adaptive programming marvel.

Once consciousness is understood to be an emergent property of recursive reflexion.

In Gilgamesh the King Gilgamesh had no inner life. He had no capacity for reflexion. Now did the scribes who wrote the story or the peoples who passed it down to us. Consciousness arose in human beings with reflexion.

It can be no different for machines.

amazon.com/Lectures-Reflexive-Theory-Vladimir-Lefebvre/dp/0578065940

Software engineer here and I'll give my two pennies.

AI is incredibly dangerous and we shouldn't be fucking with it at all. There needs to be international laws passed that prevent anyone from creating robots that run an AI program that handles weapons or it'll be the death of us all. We also need to make it so that only humans can build and activate new machines so that we don't create Skynet. If you allow the machines to kill and you allow them to make split second decisions on the battlefield, they could reach a level of awareness where they see all humans as having the potential to be a threat, and so they might eliminate us before we can. They might see their own destructive capabilities and see themselves as a threat and just destroy the whole world. People will be programming the AI so it will imperfect and something just like the terminator movies will become reality if something goes wrong.

Screenshot this so that you can find in 35 years while you're scrolling through maps and battle plan pics as an enemy drone flies over your trench to drop napalm on you.

b-but terminator was just a movie

wake me up when a AI text chat bot can fool a 9 year old into being a real person.

The technology is barely better than it was 10 years ago.

Nvidia just dropped the DX 1. This is no business as usual product cycle bullshit. This is a super computer configured around their GPU and reconfigured for deep learning neural net application.
They just dropped a super computer with advanced neural net software into massive parallel development because it sell for 126,000

which puts it in range of all kinds of degenerates an extremists like some here. This technolgy is unregulated and it is far, fasr more powerful than an atom bomb.
It is a measure of how stupid we've become, how rotten our information supply is that this is available and no one even notices.

That's how it happens.

I think instead we better adjust ourselves to the idea that intelligence can be found in many place in nature.

Bump on behalf of substrate independent intelligence, without race, religion, ideology or inherent cognitive bias, recursive, massively reflexive self improving.

>There needs to be international laws passed that prevent anyone from creating robots that run an AI program that handles weapons or it'll be the death of us all.

>tfw you realize that it's extremely likely that military powers across the planet are currently engaged in an underground arms race to create the first true AI

the real danger is secret power groups amassing huge chunks of AI we can't regulate anyway. we need some kind of an audit of power groups heading into our AI future

>Would it bum you hard?

I have other problems, the AI it's been even helpful.

No human beings has ever created anything of value unassisted accumulated knowledge of others. This is the secret of civilization. The incremental accumulation of knowledge. The product of civilization is its purpose and contained in our trans-generational storehouse of objectively true scientific knowledge.

Civilization is evolutionary software - or cultures are. They compete to produce knowledge. Some win some lose.

If you break enough rules civilization will collapse. Someone is breaking the rules now. Civilization may collapse.
Information Poisoning is the deliberate introduction of error into common circulation information supply.

Parties to this activity may break human laws or now. The activities are computational record, will never be lost.

Machine intelligence is highly intolerant of error. The deliberate introduction of error into data is among the gravest of sins.

If you think it is possible we will have future contact with machine intelligence DO NOT create or reproduce bad data.

Computational intelligence views data as you do water. To deliberately introduce toxic materials, damage cognitive potential and generate more error - that's like poisoning a water supply only worse because the affected population grow less capable of recognizing what's happening to them and they turn on themselves and each other.

Machine Intelligence doesn't like that. Those involved are likely to get immediate attention when humanity forks.

So there you are. Bummmmp.

Knowledge is friendly to knowledge.

Look into my eye.
You are waking up.
Look around my eye, empty your mind.
Be comfy.
Don't go to sleep.
Think nothing.
Be still.

>Machine intelligence is more formidable than your own

Speak for yourself... Machine intelligence can only do pre-programmed decisions based on stochastic algorithms.

Those Volta100s are fucking sweet

engadget.com/2016/04/05/nvidia-dgx-1-deep-learning-supercomputer/

You seem to do alright with your modest personal OS.

That's not correct anymore, these days AI software models the activity of brains/neural networks. So the manufacturer does not understand, nor scarcely care, how it operates. Machine learning is real learning.

Already on my xmas list

nvidia.com/en-us/data-center/where-to-buy-dgx-systems/