Hi Sup Forums, I'm looking for the most honest and original form of Christianity still practiced today

Hi Sup Forums, I'm looking for the most honest and original form of Christianity still practiced today.
>inb4 Catholicism
Don't even try, I already know that one's a definite no. I was thinking of Eastern Orthodoxy though.

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=FJoZG0a9nIU&list=PLXnuWl5TJO1Xu8rFR62toGASn7EtfpY_8&index=2
youtube.com/watch?v=gPa-EtQS0ls
youtube.com/watch?v=gCeywGgW5Qg
cnsnews.com/news/article/pope-francis-same-sex-marriage-move-father-lies-total-rejection-gods-law
wdtprs.com/blog/2013/12/pope-francis-shocked-by-gay-adoption-urges-bishop-to-speak-against-it-boldly/
independent.co.uk/news/people/pope-francis-compares-arguments-for-transgender-rights-to-nuclear-arms-race-10061223.html
catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2013/06/03/pope-francis-is-under-attack-for-saying-that-outside-the-church-there-is-no-salvation-its-a-poke-in-the-eye-says-one-presbyterian-why-hes-wrong/
huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/24/pope-francis-excommunicates-priest-greg-reynolds_n_3983059.html
ncronline.org/blogs/francis-chronicles/pope-francis-gender-theory-problem-not-solution
lifenews.com/2015/09/23/pope-francis-on-abortions-innocent-victims-its-wrong-to-look-the-other-way-or-remain-silent/
businessinsider.com/pope-francis-endorses-use-of-force-against-isis-in-iraq-2014-8
catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-off-the-cuff-to-priests-religious-indifference-makes-god-vomit-69700/
christianpost.com/buzzvine/7-times-pope-francis-was-misquoted-132679/
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/bolivia/11729834/Pope-rebukes-Bolivias-President-Evo-Morales-for-gift-of-crucifix-mounted-on-hammer-and-sickle.html
independent
archive.is/BRGJ4
huffingtonpost
archive.is/OGlWK
businessinsider
archive.is/CUlKL
gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html
en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesychasm
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's called Judaism

read The Orthodox Way by Kallistos Ware and The Desert Fathers

Positive Christianity.

youtube.com/watch?v=FJoZG0a9nIU&list=PLXnuWl5TJO1Xu8rFR62toGASn7EtfpY_8&index=2

Try these videos

I will also second that these are great books.

What about eastern rite Catholicism is that still a no?

>Catholicism pre Vatican II

youtube.com/watch?v=gPa-EtQS0ls

>Orthocucking
Traditional Catholicism is, the pope is infallible even the Byzantines were crawling to him to rally Christendom

youtube.com/watch?v=gCeywGgW5Qg

Thank you, I'll be sure to use those resources.

Yeah, I think so. But I'll do more research into them as well.

What's wrong with Catholicism?

>
Heretics and boomers, the church has had heretics after Roman Perecution and the Reformation.

>of Christianity
>Jews
>Chris
off yourself

>
*After the Renaissance

nothing

catholicism=western civilisation

>Pope says gay marriage is from satan
cnsnews.com/news/article/pope-francis-same-sex-marriage-move-father-lies-total-rejection-gods-law
>Pope Francis speaks against Gay adoption
wdtprs.com/blog/2013/12/pope-francis-shocked-by-gay-adoption-urges-bishop-to-speak-against-it-boldly/
>Compares trans rights to nuclear arms race
independent.co.uk/news/people/pope-francis-compares-arguments-for-transgender-rights-to-nuclear-arms-race-10061223.html
>Pope Francis says that there's no salvation outside the Church
catholicherald.co.uk/commentandblogs/2013/06/03/pope-francis-is-under-attack-for-saying-that-outside-the-church-there-is-no-salvation-its-a-poke-in-the-eye-says-one-presbyterian-why-hes-wrong/
>He excommunicates an Australian priest supporting gay marriage and women clergy
huffingtonpost.com/2013/09/24/pope-francis-excommunicates-priest-greg-reynolds_n_3983059.html
>Pope Francis is against gender theory and for traditional gender roles
ncronline.org/blogs/francis-chronicles/pope-francis-gender-theory-problem-not-solution
>Pope is against abortion
lifenews.com/2015/09/23/pope-francis-on-abortions-innocent-victims-its-wrong-to-look-the-other-way-or-remain-silent/
>He Encourages the use of force against ISIS
businessinsider.com/pope-francis-endorses-use-of-force-against-isis-in-iraq-2014-8
>Pope Francis is against lukewarm "faith"
catholicnewsagency.com/news/pope-off-the-cuff-to-priests-religious-indifference-makes-god-vomit-69700/
>The Pope is misquoted often
christianpost.com/buzzvine/7-times-pope-francis-was-misquoted-132679/
>The Pope Rebukes Communist Cross
telegraph.co.uk/news/worldnews/southamerica/bolivia/11729834/Pope-rebukes-Bolivias-President-Evo-Morales-for-gift-of-crucifix-mounted-on-hammer-and-sickle.html

>be orthocuck
>lost capital to muslims

gj

And here's the archive
>independent co uk/news/people/pope-francis-compares-arguments-for-transgender-rights-to-nuclear-arms-race-10061223.html
archive.is/BRGJ4
>huffingtonpost com/2013/09/24/pope-francis-excommunicates-priest-greg-reynolds_n_3983059.html
archive.is/OGlWK
>businessinsider com/pope-francis-endorses-use-of-force-against-isis-in-iraq-2014-8
archive.is/CUlKL

> Technically you are right, the Paharasees killed Christ and hatred the goyim. We waz da real Jews nigga. The Catholic Church was antisemetic since the Counter-Reformation until WW1.

catholicism. your "no" is the proof. the most hated is the most christian. i learned it, now im catholic.

>
Antipope Uncle Frank pretended to be conservative when elected but he has said heretical things

The Gospal of Thomas:
> gnosis.org/naghamm/gosthom.html

You are welcome.

en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hesychasm

*now I pray to Mary and worship the pope

Church of Christ

The Orthocuck movement is the modern equivalency of Bhuddism in the 60's. LOOK AT THIS ALIEN RELIGION FUCKIN BASED!

The Eastern Orthodox Church is the original church. The most pure form of Christianity. Visit a Parrish and experience the Devine liturgy in person, you won't regret it.

>
>Then Puritanism is best.
I don't care how "pure" a faith is I am a Catholic despite Uncle Frank because it is real and human.

You are catholic because you were raised that way. Nobody researches, then becomes catholic.

Go live out in the desert like Anthony. Only way to be a true Christian.

Become a Protestant.

OP, you're looking for High Anglicanism

Indeed and I have stayed true to my faith, I don't need to Orthocuck because they are a part of the Eastern Rite anyways and have their own Slavic and Greek tradition, I follow the Latin like my ancestors. Orthocucks risk their salvation by denying papal infallibility. I do my homework.

>If you are a Presbyterian, your religion was founded by John Knox in Scotland in the year 1560.
>If you are a Congregationalist, your religion was originated by Robert Brown in Holland in 1582.
>If you are a Protestant, your religion was an offshoot of the Church of England, founded by Samuel Seabury, in the American colonies in the 17th century.
>If you are a Baptist, you owe the tenets of religion to John Smyth, who launched it in Amsterdam in 1606.
>If you are a Methodist, your religion was founded by John and Charles Wesley in England in 1774.
>If you are a Mormon, Joseph Smith started your religion in Palmyra, New York in 1829.
>If you are a Lutheran, your religion was founded by Martin Luther, an ex-monk of the Roman Catholic Church, in the year 1517.
>If you belong to the Church of England, your religion was founded by King Henry VIII in the year 1534 because the Pope would not grant him a divorce with the right to remarry.
>If you worship with the Salvation Army, your sect began with William Booth in London in 1865.
>If you belong to one of the religious sects known as “Church of the Nazarene” or “Jehovah’s Witnesses,” your religion is one of the hundreds of new sects founded by men within the past hundred years.
>If you are a Roman Catholic, your church shared the same rich apostolic and doctrinal heritage as the Orthodox Church for the first thousand years of its history. Lamentably, in 1054, the Pope of Rome broke way from the other four Apostolic Sees (Patriarchates), by tampering with the original Creed of the Church.
>IF you are an Orthodox Christian, you religion was founded in the year 33 by Jesus Christ, the Son of God. It has not changed since that time. Our Church is now almost 2000 years old. And it is for this reason, that Orthodoxy, the Church of the Apostles is considered the true “One, Holy, Catholic, and Apostolic Church.”

The Orthodox Church by timothy ware was the first book I read. An easy and interesting introduction to Orthodoxy

Your broke away from us and payed for it, God sent the Muslims to the Byzantines and the Mongols and Bolsheviks to Russia. Pray to our Lady of Fatima to mend this tear. We accept Orthos who accept the Pope who protected Europa and Christendom from all three threats. Don't Orthocuck it is a sick heresy.

You mean Traditional Catholicism?

Oh look another D&C thread to have Christians attack each other while atheists laugh.

Right now Orthodox are fasting until the 15th.

Church of Christ is the church Jesus started. Orthodox and Catholics are created of earthy spirit.

why subject yourself to these sandpeople fairytales user?

Read Aquinas

Nice blue minecraft avatar background in that pic fag

Wrong answer. Anybody who says read anything other than the Bible for answers is indoctrinated by men.

Okay, so we should ignore your advice, according to your advice.
See the problem here?

Good thing the true God fearing Christians only had other Christians to worry about

>Christianity
>Honest
If you want honest read the Quran. Moses, Jesus and Muhammad were Muslims. A Muslim means 'one that submits to God'. They all submitted their will to God.

John 14:28

"You heard me say, 'I am going away and I am coming back to you.' If you loved me, you would be glad that I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I."

>I am going to the Father, for the Father is greater than I

The Bible is inspired text. There is no problem except for people like you who try to mislead.

None of them are "original"... they've all gone through very serious changes. The Nicene creed wasn't even established for hundreds of years after Jesus was gone.

Open a bible and read the words of Christ.

That is the closest you will come to the original church and it is all that matters!

By other Christians you mean heretics.
I am not saying I won't ally with Orthocucks, Protties, Pagans, and Atheists, but we have to draw lines on the right and say what we know is the truth.

You still haven't resolved the paradox. I can't listen to you according to you. There is no question the bible is divinely inspired, but to deny any study on the works? It leaves reinventing the wheel of interpretation over and over again.

Gnosticism, Nag Hammadi library, Hermes the Thrice great and the prophecies of the ancient great Sybil oracles are your best bets.

Read the bible. read about Christian archaelolgy. Decide for yourself.

You want some holy spirit OP? Ask me for some of it! I'll share with you since I am positivly overflowing. There is no more honest christianity than that which you find in christ. Ask and recieve brother.

The Bible literally answer's OPs question. Dont create your own context. Paradox solved.

>By other Christians you mean heretics.
It's like It's like I'm really talking to a 16th century Papist!
Really for the love of God open your eyes and read the Word.

don't ask this questions if you aren't willing to be a man and join the true church. fucking jew op. no sanctuary for you.

>Muh sola scriptora
Just accept Catholicism and find Christ on your own from the truth of the Church

>Muh Sola Scriptora
I am, the Spanish Inquisition did nothing wrong. The Bible was never meant to be read by laymen, only clergymen and maybe high nobles were allowed to learn Latin and Greek (and read the Bible in the original languages)

You learn you faith from your experience with God personally, with your family, and folk traditions. Catholicism has preserved our European heritage throughout the centuries. We are true pagans, neither idolitors nor atheists

You say its a personal connection to God but then you condemn minor ideological differences. Destroying the creature is all the Lord cares for. Because the more creature the less God.

Only rich guys should read the Bible!

We are true peasants!

Differences in faith are heresy. Look it up

Reformed Protestantism.

>Destroying the creature is all the Lord cares for. Because the more creature the less God.
You are well informed.

And I'm telling you ever labeling someone as a heretic is supremely anti-Christian. It's a word that should be washed from the mouth forever.
To his own master he standeth or falleth.

You expect a peasant of 100 IQ to know Latin and the truths of the Church as much as a person from an intelligent bloodline.

Obey the teachings of Jesus. Take the red letters literally. That's as pure as you can get. Go on YouTube and search for "teachings of Jesus" and you'll know in your spirit when you find them. Watch #5.

does anyone know what happened to the christian discord server? I've lost full access

Thanks, nice quote, Hail Christ the King!

Amen, this

Be Baptist, we follow the true Word.

pope is a commie atheist or even a satan worshiper older popes are good tho
you lost all your capitals to muslims faggot

You follow the Bible, which is not the Word. That's a tradition of men to call the Bible the Word of God, when that title rightly belongs to Jesus Christ. He says his teachings will judge us on the Last Day, not our Bible knowledge. Go obey Jesus' teachings.

Catholicism has changed, and doesn't deny it. "We have embraced change, mastered it!" t. Helghast Leader Sthal, Killzone

As long as I have faith I can do whatever I want.

That's the spirit! Can I ask what it is you want also?

You lost over half of your lands to Muslim faggots

"As long as you believe in the faith and its truths you can do what you want". t. The Catholic Church

Tell that to your Lord. Jesus says otherwise, unless your Lord is Paul. Paul's epistles don't save you, obedience to Christ does. Jesus defines "faith" as obedience to him. You or your pastor doesn't get to define what Jesus meant by faith. Why do you call him Lord, Lord, and not obey his teachings?

I want you to be saved, like me.

I'm going to sleep, God bless all ya shitposters out there.

Then we will meet in the future brother! Be on the look out!

Catholicism says you have to do good works, but you don't have to. Catholics feel guilty about sinning when they shouldn't. As long as you have faith you're saved no matter how much you sin.

How can I or anyone else perceive your salvation?

Jesus does not so. He more so teaches reaching the Lord through him the Christ. The Word who had always been beside the Lord.

Just have faith, and you will be saved no matter what.

By having faith. Put your trust in his word. You don't have to. But why would we lie to strangers online about something like this?

and took back with our blood and not with you fucking traitors help and you just rolled over for them

Who gave you your assurance of salvation? Jesus? Or Paul? Or maybe your pastor? Jesus said those who ENDURE TILL THE END SHALL BE SAVED. You aren't even a Christian unless you obey Jesus. Go read Luke 14, verse 33 specifically. Whosoever means ANYONE by the way, he was speaking to the multitude there.

eastern europe fights mudslimes and you join them and bomb us how many times now user better not hear a fucking word about us go and be a good little bitch and let abdul fuck your wife

I asked for proof of your salvation. I have faith in no man. Let God be true and every man a liar. Where is the proof of YOUR salvation.

If there was proof, why would we talk about faith?

Sola Fide, my friend.
By faith alone we are saved. What you do doesn't matter. You can sin as much as you want as long as you have faith. There's nothing that can separate the faithful from the Lord. Not even sin.

Go take the mark of the beast then. See how your theory works out.

What shall we say then? Shall we continue in sin, that grace may abound? God forbid. How shall we, that are dead to sin, live any longer therein? 3Know ye not, that so many of us as were baptized into Jesus Christ were baptized into his death? Therefore we are buried with him by baptism into death: that like as Christ was raised up from the dead by the glory of the Father, even so we also should walk in newness of life. For if we have been planted together in the likeness of his death, we shall be also in the likeness of his resurrection: Knowing this, that our old man is crucified with him, that the body of sin might be destroyed, that henceforth we should not serve sin. For he that is dead is freed from sin.

tl;dr ego death

Funny thing is that I do expect eighth graders of average intelligence from, say, the American South to begin to learn Latin and learn it well. By eleventh and twelfth grades I expect them to be able to handle all manner of Horace, Ovid, Cicero, & Catullus, which comprise far more of a challenge than that bastardized church Latin you peddle around like some kind of gold standard.

I expect a redneck kid to be able to read Catullus 85 aloud with perfect elisions and accents. (Funny thing is - it doesn't take a rocket scientist to do it.)

You expect spiritual leadership from kissing the feet of Muslims in broad daylight. (Good luck with that, by the way.)