Any atheist here who hate being atheists/agnostics?

Seriously, I know that God PROBABLY isn't real but that's no excuse to be an atheist.

I still see religion as a necessary tool to keep the fabric of society together.

It sucks to know that what I "believe" is true but has very little constructive value in the end (but rather destructive properties).

When I raise my kids I will give them religious education despite the fact of being atheist myself.

I wish I just could tell them that God isn't real but still was able to make sure they don't turn into degenerates.

Or is there a possibility to just teach my kids an ideology/philosophy similar to Christianity without all the cuckoldry that's wrong with it?

Your thoughts?

This is OP with phone.
I am gay.

vitun hyvä lanka :DDDD

>it depends on your definition of God

I was in the same situation but I eventually brainwashed myself into becoming a Christian again.

JP is such a cop-out in this regard.
Everything depends on the definition you give it. That doesn't stop us from picking a definition and actually discussing it.

>I know
No you don't. There's your first step.

First, you have to make the distinction between atheism and irreligion. Atheism just describes one facet of religion, the belief in a deity or God. You can still be religious and be an atheist. Buddhism is an example.

I am an atheist, but I adhere to Christian values and follow Christian traditions. I might just as well be a Christian. I am politically conservative, and I think traditions are extremely important, so I will definitely teach my children about Christianity, and raise them with the same values.

I am utterly disgusted by our modern "skeptics", their total nihilism and never ending degeneracy. I would be ashamed to identify as one of them. I've very much though about joining the church, since I would so much rather be with virtuous people, even if I wouldn't believe everything they do. Besides, if you think about bible and Christianity as Jordan Peterson does, there's room for smart, stupid, skeptic and believing people as long as you have the same morals and values and acknowledge where they've come from.

If I could design the perfect woman, she'd probably be religious.

Christianity has no morals or values without faith in Christ. The entire bible is built upon it.

No. Although it's a fact that modern atheism is often paired with degeneracy, that is not inherently atheist thing. It happened because the left co-opted large chunk of atheist community.
Chrstianity doesn't make you degeneracy-proof either. See faggot pop and the protestants.
The christians are bound with their code which often makes them weak in politics or prone to cognitive dissonance if they choose to ignore their own rules.
Fascism was an inherently atheistic ideology although they often cooperated with the Church, fascists were not really religious and they were the only ones actually succesful at removing the leftists.
Secular nationalism is the only way to go, the christianity will just continue it's decline and the Church is already infiltrated with the leftists.

I've been trying to suppress critical thinking and skepticism in order to return to Christianity but it hasn't been working to be honest.

So instead I just pretend to believe, but still follow Christian morals because I know from trial and error that it's the best moral system for our society, not because I believe in the mythology.

>Christianity has no morals or values without faith in Christ.
Of course it does. That'd be like claiming that an encyclopedia has no teachings if you don't believe in the mascot of the book. Also, Jesus does not appear in the old testament, so by your logic old testament wouldn't have any teachings. And that is obviously false, since Christ himself says that 'he didn't come to replace the law, but to reaffirm it.'

Muslim here. Forget the values and rape all you can catch as the country is not going to turn better. Locals here are planning a revolt against white boys.

>not because I believe in the mythology.
But if you do believe in the teachings, does not that mean that, on some level at least, you do believe in the mythology? You don't have to believe in the absolute representation of reality as it is in the bible. In fact, it wouldn't make much sense if you did. Snakes do not talk and apples don't corrupt you with knowledge. But if you consider them as symbols of something, the stories as allegories, then it all does make sense. On that level you definitely believe on them, then.

Also don't start a totally retarded finn thread without thinking first, you make us look like fucking leafs or emus.

Religion in the west (esp christianity) is done for and we must accept this. In a couple generations they will be knocking down our beautiful churches to build ugly formless apartments in their stead. we need to find a way to protect our cultural heritage while at the same time creating a new forward thinking movement to fill the void that has been left by christianity.

Come to the light user. Jesus is waiting for you.

John 8:12
Then spake Jesus again unto them, saying, I am the light of the world: he that followeth me shall not walk in darkness, but shall have the light of life.

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 3
14 And as Moses lifted up the serpent in the wilderness, even so must the Son of man be lifted up:
15 That whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have eternal life.
16 For God so loved the world, that he gave his only begotten Son, that whosoever believeth in him should not perish, but have everlasting life.
17 For God sent not his Son into the world to condemn the world; but that the world through him might be saved.
18 He that believeth on him is not condemned: but he that believeth not is condemned already, because he hath not believed in the name of the only begotten Son of God.
19 And this is the condemnation, that light is come into the world, and men loved darkness rather than light, because their deeds were evil.
20 For every one that doeth evil hateth the light, neither cometh to the light, lest his deeds should be reproved.
21 But he that doeth truth cometh to the light, that his deeds may be made manifest, that they are wrought in God.
36 He that believeth on the Son hath everlasting life: and he that believeth not the Son shall not see life; but the wrath of God abideth on him.

John 14:6
Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

>Or is there a possibility to just teach my kids an ideology/philosophy similar to Christianity without all the cuckoldry that's wrong with it?
Yes just teach them about the higher powers in the universe (natural selection, etc.) and how that relates to morality. You can teach them to be kind and charitable but stay away from the "turn the other cheek" mentality and make sure they stand up for themselves and their God.

150 years of state sponsored propaganda (Darwinism, eugenics, psychology) has made OP mentally incompetent to accurately conceptualize the workings of the universe. Sucks to be you, I guess. Weak minded twat.

>a new forward thinking movement to fill the void that has been left by christianity.
We could strive towards the Übermensch, but that wouldn't be very easy to market. It'd be easier to make Christianity strong again. Even the Nazis did it that way. Yuri Bezmenov claimed that all empires have fallen when they lost their religion, and I think he's right.

He's quoting Paul's words on it and they're probably true to an extent. The belief in the divine nature of Christ is what validates Christian morality to many people, mainly those who can't completely understand the practical importance of those values without a supernatural authority. And if entire segments of a religious society depend on that belief, then upholding it is important for social order to be maintained.

On an abstract level and as metaphors, yes. Most people believe in the literal truth of the stories though, which is what I mean with believing in the mythology.

John 5:24
Verily, verily, I say unto you, He that heareth my word, and believeth on him that sent me, hath everlasting life, and shall not come into condemnation; but is passed from death unto life.

John 6
35 And Jesus said unto them, I am the bread of life: he that cometh to me shall never hunger; and he that believeth on me shall never thirst.
36 But I said unto you, That ye also have seen me, and believe not.
37 All that the Father giveth me shall come to me; and him that cometh to me I will in no wise cast out.
38 For I came down from heaven, not to do mine own will, but the will of him that sent me.
39 And this is the Father's will which hath sent me, that of all which he hath given me I should lose nothing, but should raise it up again at the last day.
40 And this is the will of him that sent me, that every one which seeth the Son, and believeth on him, may have everlasting life: and I will raise him up at the last day

John 18
36 Jesus answered, My kingdom is not of this world: if my kingdom were of this world, then would my servants fight, that I should not be delivered to the Jews: but now is my kingdom not from hence.
37 Pilate therefore said unto him, Art thou a king then? Jesus answered, Thou sayest that I am a king. To this end was I born, and for this cause came I into the world, that I should bear witness unto the truth. Every one that is of the truth heareth my voice.

I know atheism is PROBABLY a cognoscitive disorder. God is the only thing that we can know for sure it exists.

I hate faggot athiests.

Religion is a fucking spook thats only purpose is to make life easy to deal with. You are just your fucking consciousness and your body is just an assortment of atoms. Once your consciousness goes its over your dead; Nothing else; It's over bucko

Now for b-but there has to be something before the big bang. NO YOU FUCKING IDIOT, you were nothing before you were conscieved its the same for the universe

>It'd be easier to make Christianity strong again. Even the Nazis did it that way.
I think so too.

Bring back Positive Christianity.

John 14
1 Let not your heart be troubled: ye believe in God, believe also in me.
2 In my Father's house are many mansions: if it were not so, I would have told you. I go to prepare a place for you.
3 And if I go and prepare a place for you, I will come again, and receive you unto myself; that where I am, there ye may be also.
4 And whither I go ye know, and the way ye know.
5 Thomas saith unto him, Lord, we know not whither thou goest; and how can we know the way?
6 Jesus saith unto him, I am the way, the truth, and the life: no man cometh unto the Father, but by me.

Europe was Christian for over 1,700 or so years, recent statistics have shown that multiple countries in Europe are majority atheist. When did this happen, and what caused it?

>you were nothing before you were conscieved its the same for the universe
That's bot how that works. I was concieved from matter(my parents) the universe apparently wasn't according the big bang.

I hate atheists. I hope they get saved though and get redpilled on faggots.

>It'd be easier to make Christianity strong again. Even the Nazis did it that way.
It wont work. christianity now is whatever people want it to be. Moreover it requires a beleif in god which people dont have in this new age of connectivity and information. For the past 600 years or so the west has always strived for knowledge and truth. Which is why we have created and invented almost everything of importance during those years. We need to harness that same ingenuity to help save the west abd do away with superstition and make beleive

>Yuri Bezmenov claimed that all empires have fallen when they lost their religion, and I think he's right.
I agree with you but sometimes one must buck the trend, become the exception in order to survive

We already have "positive Christianity." It's called various names like "easy believism" or "name it and claim it". Joel Osteen peddles this.

Christianity is neutered if actions have no negative consequences. We need a return to the attitude that we're sinners in the hands of an angry God because if you allow one person to think to himself "I'm not a sinner" then everyone else starts to think this, eventually destroying the West.

education
more precisely the scientific part
hard to learn biology, to understand what evolution is, how fossils prove that life on earth is billions years old, and still believe in adam and eve.

There are alternatives.

''Europe'' is a pretty broad stroke bud. There are still places in Europe that never converted and are still pagan, in Russia. Places like Lithuania and Finland converted to Christianity very late - and it has been going away since the 60s. Our national epic Kalevala was gathered in 1830s, which proves that the pagan stories didn't die among the folk the second the elite officially converted. Religion was never a big thing, and I think it's just natural that a foreign cult goes away when they stop enforcing it.

Our natural religion is in our blood, and it can't be removed without killing the people

Atheism in the West is the conclusion of the Christian pathos of truth. Christianity laid the foundation for everything that would be known as western science, and in doing so it also laid the foundations for the rejection of religious dogma.

Seen that way, our Atheism is more a rejection of Christian mythology than the absolute rejection of the concept of God.

>"easy believism" or "name it and claim it"
Positive Christianity enforced Christian morals, something that this version of Christianity doesn't.

The only way we can go back to the angry God is if we make people dumber than they already are.

Easy believeism is true though but Joel Osteen is a faggot. You're still pinished on earth for sinning though so you shouldn't.

Ephesians 2:8-9
8 For by grace are ye saved through faith; and that not of yourselves: it is the gift of God:
9 Not of works, lest any man should boast.

Youbstill should do works though since you're rewarded for them(Rev 22:12) but works won't get you saved.

more like
(((education)))
We haven't really learned mich more since the 90s

Christianity is now a largely apolitical religion. You don't want your children developing all sorts of psychological problems forcing them to try communicating with God, a figment of their imagination.

Instead teach them the value and importance of their nation's history; your people and culture. There is no higher value that you can depend on for your basic survival than the state. Teach them to value your country, the people who contribute to the functioning of your economy, people who pay tax and keep the cycle of life in your country to constantly develop and adapt to global pressures and destructive ideologies that want to see the destruction of your country.

Sadly, Christianity can't rid your country of cultural Marxism and cosmopolitanism which seeks the destruction of your national identity, to fragment it, bastardise it and turn it into a multi-ethnic, multicultural, globalised identity. Embrace the secularism and instead provide your children a strong ethno-nationalist identity.

>77.2% of White American Atheists voted for Clinton.
Disgusting.
>muh paganism
no pls

Does anyone know which year atheism took off in Europe?

>You don't want your children developing all sorts of psychological problems forcing them to try communicating with God, a figment of their imagination.
Are you fucking retarded?

>Are you fucking retarded?
Looks like I triggered the christcuck.

#sorrynotsorry

>Does anyone know which year atheism took off in Europe?
Probably the 60s.

It's when the Marxist indoctrination began to spread in universities.

looks like you're a faggot

You can call it a cop-out, but it seems he doesn't know consciously himself whether he believes or not.

Is that how you view your ancestors religion? Whatever. Le desu vult.

>Does anyone know which year atheism took off in Europe?
It took off hundreds of years when European scientists and philosophers had already knew and come to terms with the fact that religion wasn't grounded in any scientific base of reality, however they would've been killed for heresy.

The atheist movement, if you're referring to the growing scepticism against religion in the West, began in the 1950s and early 1960s after WW2 by philosophers and academics of the Marxist tradition; deconstructionists like Derrida pushed to rethink the major Western traditions and others formulated philosophical csoncepts which diverged considerably from Christian theology. Eventually the state picked up on these recommendations and changed the education curriculums which emphasised newer cosmopolitan and liberal forms of social identity driving away the importance of Christianity in schools.

Better explanation. SOME INVISIBUL GUY DID ET LOL

>getting so triggered by my post you can't stop replying to me and wanting my attention
:')

>tfw WLP's cosmotheism is kill and was pretty much just a tax scam to begin with
Welp

What Sup Forums has thought me is that politics come first and the truth is a distant second for many people. For others they are just fools that will follow the herd. The important thing is to be able to distinguish between the two.

Lel at religion. All your leaders are atheists.

Only the figureheads are atheists.

The actual leaders are occultists.

Stave churches are not pagan.

So the 60s, okay got it.

Shit, that explains everything.

How you do that?

Friendly reminder that spirits, angels, demons and sky fairies go on

Do you see yourself as belonging to the masses who need to be smothered by the comforting pillow of religion in order to be functional and kept in line?

>I still see religion as a necessary tool to keep the fabric of society together

Definitely isn't, South Korea, China, Israel, these are some of the most nationalistic/patriotic countries there are yet they're very secular

yfw the holographic multiverse becomes the only viable scientific definition of our reality. Atheists are really, really stupid.