What would the actual positives of legalizing drugs be?

What would the actual positives of legalizing drugs be?

Other urls found in this thread:

zamnesia.com/de/blog-entkriminalisierung-portugal-14-jahre-spater-n631
zamnesia.com/blog-this-is-portugal-14-years-after-decriminalisation-n631
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

It's be easier to brainwash sluts into being your cock slave.

A more honest society

I wouldn't have to interact with literal niggers to get MDMA

Ow wow another drug thread.
>Darwin's law
>billions saved by a government who imports or encouraged drug use, while claiming to fight it
>we wouldn't have to see this endless thread anymore

You can regulate and tax it. Plus it takes power away from cartels and other criminals.

What are you kikes sliding again?

From the point of view of those who rule society it would make the population easier to control. Drugs take over the reward system in the brain, which which means it takes over all your natural drives and rolls them all up into one, which is to make sure you get your next high. A drugged out society isn't going to stand up to tyranny, they aren't going to reproduce, they aren't going to protest endless wars, they aren't going to protest the degeneration of society, etc.

Black market would collapse.

another important step made in the zionist plan... oh wait that's a bad thing

I'd be against taxing drugs though. All drugs have a very inelastic demand, so it'd be an easy way for the Government to exploit people by turning them into tax slaves for their lives.

Nothing making drugs legal would lead to a massive increase in drug related crimes like theft, and child neglect not to mention the loss of productivity in businesses.

>source: my stormnigger Confederate loving anus
Countries have legalized drugs and nothing of the sort has happened

1. Easier to research controlled substances. Could lead to much needed medicines ( ex. MDMA )
2. Protection of personal liberties.
3. Law enforcement, courts, and prison systems would be able to allocate resources to others areas.
4. Less of the population in prison = larger workforce.
5. Reduced black market (in some aspects) and lower drug prices, making it a less lucrative business.
6. Disruption to intercontinental drug trafficking. (Also depends on other countries).
7. "Legal" market would increase competition which has been observed to improve drug purity (ex. Cocaine and MDMA in recent years)
8. legal repercussion and accountability for adulterating drugs with other harmful substances (ex. Fent. in my coke)

Colorado taxes weed. You know what they do with that money? It gets funneled back into the politicians pockets where they research more ways to regulate the drug.

Contrary to popular belief, the money made from taxes doesn't go into anything productive.

And they deserve taht for being fucking degenerate drug users.

Government will know who use what
Tax

How about we bring back the gallows and just hang our criminals and drug dealers?

You'd be one of the first to be hung considering you waste your time on the drug called Sup Forums

Ayy lmao

Everyone would take amphetmines errday and we'd all die in 20 years but we'd make it to Mars in 10

Example Portugal:
zamnesia.com/de/blog-entkriminalisierung-portugal-14-jahre-spater-n631
The charts are in english. Looks pretty good.

Just saw, that you can change the language to english
zamnesia.com/blog-this-is-portugal-14-years-after-decriminalisation-n631

You do realize, everyone who wants to do drugs, can get drugs atm.

It's not like there's a sudden influx of people wishing to try heroin, just because it became legal.

I say we ban alcohol then if drugs dont become legal. Alcohol is more dangerous than most illegal drugs, plus making it illegal would trigger the fuck out of the losers abusing alcohol and thinking it's not a drug.

But it'd give a Government incentive to normalise or push for drug usage.

More personal freedom at the cost of governmental power

>6. Disruption to intercontinental drug trafficking. (Also depends on other countries).

This explains why Mexico was shitting their pants at California legalizing weed years ago well before Colorado did it. They would lose a good chunk of their economy that consisted on selling shit weed across the border.

The degenerates might reveal themselves.

Cripples the shadow economy, and therefore massively reduces inflation.

Other, worse crime will skyrocket. Do you really think Jamal and Jaquivus are going to go get a job?

Dumb faggot American. Portugal legalised all drugs and crime went down by 80% and HIV infections by 90%

About 8 years ago all I could find and afford was Mexican ditch weed living in the South, but nowadays i cant find it at all.

But then the government has a vested interest in increasing drug use.

Colorado proved that yes, there is a sudden influx people who want to try marijuana, just because it became legal.

So I'd assume that applies to heroin too.

Actual positives:
> No junk would be sold. Drugs would have to meet a quality standard, you could not sell rat poison as cocaine, etc. Any substance would be labeled with what it exactly contains.
> A whole new profitable economy would be created
> Prices would go down
> Black market would disappear, there is virtually almost no black market in alcohol, it would happen the same with all other drugs
> Jails could be reduced by about 70%, since most of the people are there either for buying, selling, moving, producing or having drugs or
stealing to get drugs, or murdering for drug related business, etc.
> Police could focus on solving real crimes instead of spending endless hours trying to fight an unwinnable fight

Yes, we would have some junkies, just as we have some drunks, but all and all it would be a better society.

I wouldn't tax them since, ironically, the State tends to become addicted to drug taxes, as it happens today with tobacco and alcohol taxes. It would literally would suffer severe withdrawal symptoms if we took those away from it.

being able to legally bury my depression in drugs

>as if it doesn't have a vested interest now

Pros list
>Taxation and regulation provides state income and can offer safety to addicts
>cartel income would decline incredibly; many would not survive and would look to stronger, surviving cartels to leech upon, damaging the mexican economy hilariously
>research into medicinal usage of certain medicines wouldn't have the rightly-placed stigma of a hippy using dissonance to justify their addiction, and could result in very real medical breakthroughs, as well as changing the paper industry back to hemp
>would give the US a major source of small business development

That's really all I can think of. There are plenty of cons, but you just asked for pros.

I could just get some god damned percocets if I really want em

There are always better ways than this. Don't lose yoursefl.

abusers would die way more, quicker and easily

Cartels and other criminals, are not going to disappear, they will change their business to human trafficking, prostitution, kidnapping, extortion etc.

fewer police and jail and court resources dedicated to locking up annoying but mostly harmless stoners