Can someone give me the quick run down on Gnosticism? Is it better than Christianity? Pic possibly related

Can someone give me the quick run down on Gnosticism? Is it better than Christianity? Pic possibly related.

Other urls found in this thread:

thehighersidechats.com/miguel-conner-gnosticism-archons-simon-magus/
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Gnosticism is a very effective way to piss off God. Anyone who experiences an NDE knows that God wants us to suffer for a reason.

Would you be able to elaborate? From what little I've read about it, Gnosticism seems to acknowledge that to live is to suffer.

Gnosticism is the idea that God would never want us to suffer, therefore since we suffer the creator this world is obviously evil, or a Deimurge, and that the REAL God exists out there for us to find, and escape this world of suffering. The only problem is that people who have died and come back, never actually report or validate Gnosticism, and God is perfectly content to let us suffer miserably in this existence.

Also. If you are a Muslim, and suffer an NDE, you literally cannot report back what God tells you, because it's so out of whack with the Koran, it's equivalent of heresy. God fucking hates War, apparently, and murdering anyone in the name of war is something that ticks him off in the same way that pol hates Jews.

>tl;dr
Also
>"gnosticism"
>not even into esotericism
>not even into kali yuga
pls go

>tldr
I wrote a couple sentences faggot.

75 percent of that image is text, shave it down

thehighersidechats.com/miguel-conner-gnosticism-archons-simon-magus/
check out some interviews or any of Miguel Conner's videos/podcasts (Aeon Byte Gnostic Radio) there's no real consensus on the actual "dogma" of it, but essentially the idea is that there is a God (the true source) and a Demiurge (who most people call god), the demiurge created this universe and thinks that it is god when it is more of a Maddened Entity, and gnostics seek to reunite with the true source, not our physical creator who was half mad...

>all NDEs are christian
nah

Interesting. I've known a few guys who have died (prior military) and everyone has a different expirience. Some even say they saw nothing at all. Can a NDE really be a solid source of truth?

It's not my image. I saw it yesterday and got curious about the whole Gnosticism thing.

>Can a NDE really be a solid source of truth?
Fahm....

your posted pic is just a joke, this one is the correct one.

Why would He want this when we are living manifestations of Him? According to true Gnosticism, God just wants to experience Himself through the eyes of His children, and the Universe evolves only in acts of Love (not just of human condition, but the way atoms 'love' each other to compound into molecules, for instance)
Gnosticism is simply being aware of your part in the Universe, taking on a more active role, rather than a passive. This is done with our inner-consciousness, which we use to connect ourselves metaphysically upwards like a ladder, from Earth, to the Moon, to the Sun, to the cores of Galaxies, and eventually to the Absolute Consciousness, who connects the All like a large-scale puppet-master.

It's the spirit of antichrist. The early gnostics listened to Jesus, hung around the disciples, and then went their own way.

The reasoned among themselves that God could not be contained in the flesh, and thus denied that Jesus was God, descended from heaven in the flesh.

That is what the spirit of antichrist says, directly. It is what the devil or any demon would say.

The idea that you can learn some sort of occult knowledge and therefore gain entrance into heaven is foolish.

I didn't say they were Christian. I said they weren't Halal. Big difference.

Do your own research of course. But generally, NDErs all say remarkably similar things from being in a state of death. Compassion being the most important thing to God, and Life Reviews being inevitable.

Then again, some people who die, see nothing, but there also people who die and see nothing, and then after an extended period of time see something. It all depends on what the circumstances are.

A

FUCKING

LEAF

spoiler: gnosticism was an earlier kike attempt to displace the greco-roman pantheon of deities. The majority of gnostic good luck charms excavated from old settlements feature hebrew scripts.
Stop falling for jewish nonsense.

Two different things.

Death.

NDE.

Your definition of Gnosticism is nothing like what the Gnostics preached.

Still, even hindus have NDEs so it's kind of dumb to use that as proof of any religion in particular.

How does one have consciousness when brain activity is officially void? We have plenty of documented testimony and evidence of people suffering from an absence of brain activity and consciousness.

Best virgin vs. Chad yet, but wasted on the /nu/pol set who shit up this place.

Death
NDE

Pick one.

Do your own research. Most NDE stories are very similar to one another. Jesus's parables, especially the Gospel of Thomas, are the closest accurate description to what NDErs describe what "God" wants.

Weren't the gnostics just the hardcore Jewish Christians who refused the Roman Church?

>Gospel of Thomas
Gnostic garbage, hoax, fraud, forgery, and all around piece of shit.

>do research
Not an argument. If Hindus and other non-christians have NDEs then you either have to argue NDEs aren't proof of God, or they're proof of many different gods.

They were never Christians; they left the Christians, proving they were never part of them.

Most of them became hedonists because of their belief that there was nothing good in the flesh, and therefore no fleshly sin mattered.

Gnosticism...also known as common sense. Nobody knows what happens after you die, people just get scared and choose to accept primitive pagan fairytales

NDEs are as reliable as dreams.

Does God know?

>does not understand gnosticism or asceticism in general

From what I've learned, it is since (at least) the teachings of Plato, which was contradistinct from the teachings of Aristotle where humans are more of a bi-product of the Universe without much of a connection to the Absolute.

>Death is defined as the cessation of all vital functions of the body including the heartbeat, brain activity (including the brain stem), and breathing.

We have plenty of instances of people suffering from Death and still having consciousness. Read the Handbook of Near-Death Experiences by the University of Virginia to get insight into peer-reviewed information about consciousness.

You miss the point entirely. What Jesus talks about in the afterlife has generally been confirmed by people who have suffered from NDEs. That doesn't mean that Hindus or other religions report distressing NDEs, it just means that Jesus had a good grip on the life hereafter.

Also, Reincarnation is probably real as well.

Butthurt kike detected

I'm not an expert on Gnosticism, but Gnostics "inverted" the Old Testament to argue that the Demiurge, or Yaltabaoth, is a wrathful being who created this world out of being flawed, and the "real" God is trying to save us from this realm and prevent reincarnation. When it comes to Plato, Gnositicism takes a different meaning.

(((Gnosticism))) is Jewish transcendentalism

Zoroastrianism, Manicheanism, Mithraism, and Neoplatonism are more acceptable faiths

Death
Near Death

Pick one.

More people than jews know what a piece of shit all gnostic frauds are.

Yeah, and that "real god" just so happens to be the devil.

Did you read the rest of the post hans? If everyone has a different expirience how can it be accurate? Some people see God, some see nothing.

Gnosticism completely removes virtue from salvation. It's a kind of superstition, a belief that if you just find the right magical formula, you can achieve salvation without having to work at anything else for it.
It's apathetic towards degenerative attitudes, and some groups (like the Occitan Cathars) out and out encouraged gay sex and not having children so more souls wouldn't be forced to live in this world.

>If everyone has a different expirience how can it be accurate?
Yeah... like why is that even a question? You know it's not so

in greek the paper that chad holds says:wake up human-sheep

Gnosticism is basically leftist SJWism personified. Modern leftists are just a pale imitation of their Gnostic forebears.

I'm sorry if this information is troubling, as it doesn't go along well with religious fundamentalism. But then again, you'll find out soon enough when you too suffer from death.

People keep reporting the same things over and over again after suffering from death. That's why people take this seriously. If we had different contradictory accounts, we'd know for a fact that something is off.

Gnostics were Social Justice Warrior-tier degeneracy, to be honest, as points out.

I like this meme even more than the brain meme

Gnosticism is much older than Jesus and Christianity

>If we had different contradictory accounts, we'd know for a fact that something is off.
K. Debates over
>b-but I want to christlarp
Alright whatever

and dreams are very reliable, seriously.

You won't even look at the data. Of course the debate is over for you. Not everyone goes through a NDE, but to those that do, it's very similar.

Read Life after Life by Raymond Moody if you want the introduction to the idea.

I won't suffer from death, thanks.

I've already made arrangements. Nor does your empty philosophy trouble me. It has no effect on anyone but you.

It's based on Jesus not being the fleshly embodiment of God, so, no.

>Anons dropping the NDEpill

Sup Forums is not ready for this. Naturalism is too entrenched

As I said.

>Nor does your empty philosophy trouble me. It has no effect on anyone but you.

A basic NLP tell is that if someone has to assert a negative, it means a positive. If my philosophy truly didn't trouble you, you wouldn't bother responding at all to it.

Also. Claiming you won't suffer from death is naïve as fuck. Are you part of some secret group who bought into an immortality maymay?

Manichaeism and mithra are both gnostic. Mani was born and raised in a Jewish-Christian gnostic sect.

gnostic memes always make me laugh

Gnosticism is mind-worship. Jesus is the only way to God, my friend, and His covenant is still ready for signing. I'm thankful for it.

very good

That's a good show - if you enjoy that, and want something with a little more history (mixed in with metaphysics), then check out the Modern Hermeticist - his earlier politics are a little eh, but around the time of the election he has come to a more balanced position. Good history, and a good understanding of numerous philosophical schools and systems.

But dont Gnostics agree that Jesus was a messanger from the divine?

Gnosticism is Christianity with more steps, basically making excuses for why Old Testament God was so crazy and why New Testament God /Jesus says to love nothing on Earth and place all your treasures in heaven. - They believe old testament God wasn't the God of the new testament.

This about it like this: Jesus calls himself God's only begotten son, but what does that make Adam?

can I get some reading on these?

Kek I was just thinking of making the opposite.

it is the negative image of Christianity. hedonism.

But believing that the OT is the inspired word of God means believing that things like circumcision and Jewish supremacy are true.

I dont think comenting that is good for my earthly karma , last time i did that my business got an insane number of stolen credit card scams.

So im going to say the opposite , i love you demiurge.

I only read the NT to be honest.

someone give me a quick rundown of Gnosticism

thank you kindly!!! i would very much enjoy some more tangible history accompanying it, i love miguel's intros though, it makes up for it haha
just go listen to some gnostic podcasts the amount of sheer delusion in here about it is staggering

Yes.

We're called "Christians". Maybe you've heard of us.

That would be called "blasphemy".

circumcision is a blood covenant between God and Abraham's descendants to ultimately inhabit the promised land

people partake in it without any effect

the bible does not teach jewish supremacy at all, it only says that they got a head start on everyone else by receiving the oracles of God; the prophets and the Law.

Declaring yourself to be agnostic means you're yourself saying you don't have any knowledge. How retarded must you be?

You can become divine through your accretion of secret knowledge.

Yup. "Ignoramus" in the latin.

You are God wearing a human mask.
What happened to Christ and Buddha can happen to you if you seek it.

You're so slippery with your words.

>"I won't suffer from death, thanks."
>"No I mean, I won't suffer from death because I'm written in the book of eternal life."
>"But yes, I'll physically suffer from death."
>"What did you think death means?"

Whatever.

Outstanding

thanks

Any actual gnostic would know that the ones that are ignorant are simply instruments of god to help further carry on the story that is Life as we go on the course of cosmic rebirth, or in other words, that the ordinary believer is much more happier.

The whole point of the beer hall putsch was to fail. It gave the natsocs the same martyr mystique the communists had after 1919. Nice meme though, I keked.

The Cathers (where Gnosticism comes from) was a cult of one dude named Pierre Clergue who told everyone sex was evil and then proceeded to sometimes rape sometimes seduce everyone's wife.
Cucked his whole town!

His shenanigans brought down the inquisition (Into France!) on his town which Clergue used to kill half the people of his town and nearby country side.
Basically anyone he didn't like.

it did not last though as the Inquisition eventually got wise to his bullshit and imprisoned him with no record of testimony....no record with the inquisition when being imprisoned by the inquisition means one thing:

They tortured him for as long as possible before he died.

>Gnosticism
Shit-tier tbqh.

I love this meme

CHAD THREAD

Bullshit. Gnostics just dont know but keep options open and allways seek answers, which is a honest and good position for a human soul to take in such a vast existence.

But by all means tell me why your specific set of rules is better

>omniscient
>good
>hates sin
>creates self-replicating beings that can possibly, due to their constitution, be psychopathic, not have the spiritual capacity for guilt, don't have IQ to know what "sin" means or are otherwise morally retarded