What can be done about America's student debt problem?

What can be done about America's student debt problem?

Other urls found in this thread:

usnews.com/education/best-colleges/articles/2011/08/05/how-higher-education-affects-lifetime-salary
twitter.com/AnonBabble

Stop sending rural and suburban retards to college and only allow ultra high IQ city people.

Just default on it.

send us all to war in exchange for eliminating college debt

this

Bring us the girl and wipe away the debt.

It's not dischargeable, lol.

Loan forgiveness upon sterilization.

Bust up monopolies on higher education.

Well since this is an alt-right website I'll start with Donald Trump. His plan was to eliminate the interest rates.

Marco Rubio argued about having college degree related to jobs in the economy and requiring a disclaimer on average job rate and pay, every time students sign up for their major.

John Kasich says the problem is in administration and cutting the services in colleges until the tuition rate is affordable.

Hillary Clinton wanted to create a tuition free rate for middle class students in public colleges.

Bernie Sanders wanted to expand Hillary's plan to include rich people.

Send the students to Guam and wait for NK to solve the debt problem.

stop passing out loans to every fucktard with a C average in high school

if you get rid of the government guaranteed loans that these colleges wouldn't jack up their prices. Its probably a bit too late for that though.

I'm not gonna pay mine back

Colleges include degrees for certain agricultural jobs, so you shouldn't say don't send in rural students.

At most you should colleges should have stricter admission

>Well since this is an alt-right website
Gas yourself.

Stop glorifting college especially private colleges. Encourage dumb people to take up trades instead. Remove funding for bullshit degrees like Beyonce studies that only exist to pad college pockets.

Only give loans to students studying useful degrees, not every single fucking gender studies student

Like Trump, no plans on college debt, blame the others.

Lindsey Graham got Cs in HS and got As when he went to college.

That graph doesn't even measure a debt problem, it just measures the amount borrowed. You need a graph of delinquency and default rates in order to measure a student debt problem.

No student loans to anyone under 21. Student debt isn't the problem, the problem is that most graduates will never be able to pay it off because they took horseshit programs like English literature, Lithuanian basket weaving, or gender studies. You would cut down on this if more people had to go out and work in the real world for a few years, instead of treating university like an extension of highschool. I bet more of them would end up going to vocational school instead, which is where the vast majority of university students belong.

Some people might be using that degree to get easy As to get into law school, since law school doesn't care about what major you pick, as long as you get all the pre-req classes.

Forgive all current and future debt for creatives. The mindless stem worker bees will make more than enough to cover the costs. #FeelTheBern

Free college subsidized by the tax payer would be tthe death of post secondary education. I can already see how low the standards would fall in no time so the kikes could bleed even more money from the tax paying goyim

Trump doesn't owe a damn thing to the SJW NEET millennial snowflakes currently drowning in college debt.

>John Kasich says the problem is in administration and cutting the services in colleges until the tuition rate is affordable.
John Kasich is just barely off-point, as usual. Let me tell you about Ohio State University:

After you receive your federal pell grant money, you are still going to be paying about $6,000 per semester.

All of your books will cost in the triple digits, likely over $200.

Every professor is a fatass, a jew, a woman, or some combination thereof.

Did I mention that campus parking is an hour away from the classrooms, forcing you to not only pay for a parking pass which costs hundreds of dollars but also spend your fucking time busing around, making a commute a massive pain in the fucking ass and encouraging you to live in their OBSCENELY expensive dormitories.

If Kasich thought he was so goddamn smart maybe he should have started regulating OSU in his own state before jerking himself off in a federal election. Universities aren't expensive because they provide too many services, universities are expensive because they force you to pay for those services AND overcharge the shit out of you for them.

Also people like Carly Fiorina used her history major in college to get an MBA and become the CEO of HP.

Mitt Romney also did something very similar.

Loan forgiveness programs for military service and other high risk professions.

Burn it all, to the ground and start from zero again.

>Also people like Carly Fiorina used her history major in college to get an MBA and become the CEO of HP.
And we see how that turned out

Lower the wage difference. How the fuck can americlaps be surprised almost everyone wants to go.

Give less academic people an alternative

When you are the President you are the President of everyone, not just the people that voted for you, that's why it's consider a public service job. You work for the public (everyone).

Also there are college students that voted for Trump, that's why he said "We won with highly educated. We won with poorly educated. I love the poorly educated." he acknowledges that fact and attempted a mediocre college debt solution.

But if you still want to be angry and spiteful, go for it.

If you are talking about, can the liberal arts degree make you rich, then yes.

If you are talking about, is a liberal arts degree good for everyone, maybe not.

Since college is about improving oneself, I'm going to count that as a success.

>college is about improving oneself
This is bullshit and everyone who says it is a pathological bullshitter. This is the kind of shit people who get black out drunk every weekend and get herpes say.

lol, right, he is only your President when you need him to rescue you from your own monumental fuckups. SJW feminist harpies who borrowed $40K for a completely worthless degree can go fuck themselves.

nothing, just sit back and laugh at the retards who saddled themselves with loads of debt for their shitty degrees

nodebt master race reporting in

Bachelors and Masters and I don't have any student loan debt.

The State decides who is fit.

Thanks commie.

>Reinstitute slavery, deport all the Mexicans, kill the Jews

Problem solved

Even better, laugh at the retards who got admitted to college due to affirmative action and then quickly dropped out with nothing to show for the experience but thousands of dollars in college debt.

>If you are talking about, can the liberal arts degree make you rich, then yes if you're a woman

ftfy

>Well since this is an alt-right

This isn't Breitbart and labels are for faggots. Sup Forums was around long before there was an alt-right and will be around long after the alt-right disappears from the political lexicon.

Kasich is half-right, but he's missing the bigger picture

Tuition is so high because no matter what universities charge they get paid. Federal loans pay the universities regardless of whether a student actually pays back the loans.

So they use this money to expand administration. It's the only aspect of college that has proportionally grown with tuition.

Stop giving out loans, give time for the system to adjust, and let universities trim the fat to make college a useful investment again

Get rid of state schools, since their in-state student standards are dog-shit tier.

That's some country justice if I ever heard of it.

>in the triple digits
>triple digits

Say hundreds autist

You are the equivalent of a tranny demanding your favorite pronouns to me.

> Get a loan for college
> Decide to major in something that has the lowest rate of employment out of college
> Don't pay debt because no job
> Everyone else must pay
> It's because I'm a hybrid kinder child of no gender why I can't get a job

Final Solution

there is a reason why "liberal arts" are such hugely popular majors these days. they're some of the easiest major's you can complete. english? gender studies? history? humanities? piss easy degrees that solely focus on only a few skills. able to read, and able to comprehend what you read. there is very little amount of theory involved. its predominantly regurgitation of what you learned. they're normie degrees. degrees made for average people.

we need to stop telling everyone and their grandmother to go off to college. right now we have a giant influx of just plain o' average normies going off to college. people who otherwise would never, and still don't, have any reason to go off to college. back in the 60's they would have been the same very people working in factories. just average people who are able to be taught a task, and repeat it, over and over again. for 20 years.

colleges love it because they love that tuition money. they make sure to keep spending it to ensure they always have an excuse for more and more money. after all, if they come under budget, it would look like they don't need that much money. and they will get their budget cut. so they make sure to spend every penny of it for they can come back a year later and state this is why they not only need the same amount, but more. and repeat it like clock work year after year. our non-profit state funded colleges are nothing but for profit institutions that under the guise of non-profit.

Start a war and send all the rural retards into the meat grinder

Don't encourage women into education and work for no reason when women almost never give more to the economy they take from.
Next ban them entirely.
Meme degrees will kill themselves.

>Donald Trump. His plan was to eliminate the interest rates.
that won't solve the problem at all. i wouldn't even call it a band-aid fix. it won't help at all.
>Marco Rubio argued about having college degree related to jobs in the economy and requiring a disclaimer on average job rate and pay, every time students sign up for their major.
pretty nifty idea but colleges would hate that. it would cause less people going into gender studies and the like. it would help a bit, and helps tackle some of the root cause, but it still won't fix the problem.
>John Kasich says the problem is in administration and cutting the services in colleges until the tuition rate is affordable.
this would help similar to rubio's plan. really, both rubios and kasich plan combined together would tackle the college problem considerably.
>Hillary Clinton wanted to create a tuition free rate for middle class students in public colleges.
oh so you mean take the current problem and amplify it by 200%?
>Bernie Sanders wanted to expand Hillary's plan to include rich people.
i thought bernie hated rich people?

Capitalism is based on debt so....

Students should pay they're fucking debts . They knew what they were getting into . They signed . Now they owe . Fucking pay up .

I agree, I hate women.

Dont pay it, be happy.
Take out credit card debt. Buy precious metals. Sell precious metals for cash. Pay student loan debt. Dont pay credit cards. Fin

>"Smart people" spends 100s of thousands on degree that lands them barista job
>deserve to have "dumb people" who didn't do that pay their tab
Newp.

wtf i love the stupider and physically weaker now

>get judgment for 10-20 years

It's based on capital.

Forgive all student loan debt and eliminate all federal student loans.

Settle for 1/10 of what you owe

Here's an idea- Pay your bills.
Personal responsibility and all that.
Student loan debt is the problem of those who've accrued it, not the governments, not the taxpayers.

Yeah all those cucks and niggers rioting in the streets will be great.

We need to return the Ancient Greek model of the Lyceum where it's just a bunch of dudes studying philosophy, getting buff, and practicing rhetoric.

Hehe, good luck.
You'll need it.

Kill the modern school system. It's bloated, forcing kids to pay out the ASS for classes irrelevant to their fields.

Also, stop sending kids to them.

I'm going to sum up the global debt "solution" in one pic

>Capitalism is based on debt so....

No it isn't you stupid nigger.

When everyone is a minority and able to apply for all those scholarships specifically for them it won't be an issue anymore.

It's very unfortunate we weren't able to hear Rubio's or Kasich's plan since they lost the primary.

usnews.com/education/best-colleges/articles/2011/08/05/how-higher-education-affects-lifetime-salary

Why are you on this thread then if you don't think this is a problem?

Kek

I included Mitt Romney.
He got an English major and then a MBA.

Well that could be true but that isn't politically viable and many of the jobs that aren't shipped overseas require a degree.

In all seriousness I'm going to be fine because my parents are "rich" and I went to school for non-"meme" majors (plus grad school). Even though I hate my job I still make my interest payments and a good amount of principal every month. Allegedly my career path is wide open because of my major and eventually I'll get a job I don't hate (but I'll believe it when it happens).

Didn't George W Bush had bad grades but his parents donated money to the school so he can go to a nice college?

- prevent colleges from admitting students from abroad.
- eliminate all SJW positions in university administration.
- eliminate all sjw departments and faculty (womens studies professors, LGBT studies phds, global justice departments...).
- eliminate affirmative action. If you want to help poor minorities, set up a charity to finance their tuition, but setting lower bar is unjust.
- make it mandatory to only give admission to smart students. Raise the standards, admit less students.
- make it illegal to colleges to give free tuition to any classes of people (like illegals, african visitor students...)
- eliminate sanctuary policies.
- take down 1-2 colelges that dont comply, so the rest will be scared shitless and comply.
- st up 1-2 year community colleges for professions that dont require geniuses (like receptionists, plumbers, store managers)

Drop degrees that don't actually give employment. Obviously student debt is an even shittier problem if you have no hope of paying it off whatsoever.

That means no gender studies and no more (((law))) degrees.

Obliterate the humanities
Slash and burn their funding
Cut them down root and stem

The thing with (((law))) degrees is it involves also holding a professional license, and since the number of licenses are theoretically limited there is a kind of inherent value. This applies to a number of professions from pharmacists to beauticians. Unfortunately a number of law graduates end up taking positions that don't require the license, in some areas >50% of graduates take jobs that don't require the license.

There's a big problem with the modern world where having a college degree makes you "better" in an ill-defined way, even if the degree and everything you learned getting it is useless. Thus, college is in high demand since getting a degree is a meme. To cut college tuitions: only go if it will gain you something useful, otherwise don't, spread the word. Trade school is cheaper, faster, easier, and due to a shortage of people with actual skills (all went to college instead), will probably get you a nice paycheck.

Avocado toast.

A jubilee like in old times. Don't pay the Jew.

credentialism, instead of meritocracy.
Our neighbor kept saying "my sons must get a college degree, to increase their chances of getting paid more in a comfortable nice job". Ther are commercials about total lifetime arnings, mentioning I dont know like 1.5 million dollars vs 0.47 million. and people say, i want that extra million dollars, if all i have to do is invest 0.2 million now. scam, pyramid scheme.