New Star Trek Discovery series all women in leadership capacity...

New Star Trek Discovery series all women in leadership capacity, creators said that they didnt want any men in leadership roles as a response to Trump. Also openly gay and on show gay character. CEO announces its basically rated R and will feature explicit sexual content, profanity, gore, and violence to net the Walking Dead audience to investors hence hiring the african american from Walking Dead.

What does Sup Forums think?
youtube.com/watch?v=4dxe_ugmIVM

archive.fo/p1niI

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=s3-nI1fA_fI
youtube.com/watch?v=Yy9sKeCE8V0
youtube.com/watch?v=ubNqUyf0op0
youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes
youtube.com/watch?v=G6E9RIc2tic
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

stark shit is gay and shit

any proper catholic country will have them all executed

Casting around politics and trying to make the Star Trek brand into something edgy is guaranteed to be a disaster. This will make Enterprise look like TNG.

>any proper catholic country

>ireland being any proper anything yet alone a country

your drunk again mick, go eat a potateo and calm down before you beat and rape someone in your family again.

Would you hate me if I told you I thought Enterprise was actually not that bad?

i want to see someone finally take a dump on a starship. wouldn't mind seeing where the turd ends up either

>it's a polack just figured out that hollywood is owned by the jews episode

How does this spite Trump? He has women and black people in his admin. These people are delusional.

Warhammer 40k is a better sci-fi series than Star Plebs.

You know this to be true in your heart Sup Forums.

I didn't think it was all that bad myself, but when they tried giving T'pol skimpy outfits to wear to try and bump up the ratings, it just became awkward.

Yeah I didn't mind it. It was easy to watch. Just not particularly good.
But Voyager was really annoying.

Yes.

youtube.com/watch?v=s3-nI1fA_fI

>Warhammer 40k is a better sci-fi series than Star Plebs.
Beware mutant the taint of corruption lies within you and your foul geneseed. It has corrupted your mind, twisted your thoughts. You stray from the path of true enlightenment.

Quick Question:
should Trump go to war against North Korea?

Apparently if you grab a woman by the pussy you're a sexist. Never mind that most men have done exactly that.

This will have bad ratings, these kikes never learn kek

Enterprise had some solid gold eps, the discussion about Klingons between TOS to TNG among other things made it pretty legendary in those arcs.

>Apparently if you grab a woman by the pussy you're a sexist.

>muh identity politics
You fuckers are such a buncha little babies.

It's Star Trek--I'm excited.

Shit franchise is shit.
A. Play infinity
B. Turn your 40k into infinity terrain
C. Kill yourself

They didn't do shit because of Donald Trump. All this was developed when they thought Hillary would be elected. Series is doomed anyway, no one will pay $6/mo to subscribe to CBS All Access and sit through commercials to see yet another Star Trek reboot.

It wasn't that bad, but it was the worst st show
St just produced pretty good shows

>It's Star Trek--I'm excited.
your excited for identity politics you called them on rabbi.

Where do you think the replicator gets it's materials?

In His glorious name

>All this was developed when they thought Hillary would be elected.
your out of the loop user. The show was shot THIS year not last year. All prior work was scrapped when Bryan Fuller left because of a disagreement with management over Federation officers using profanity.

>It's Star Trek

It's going to leverage the franchise for marketing purposes, but that's it.

>CEO announces its basically rated R and will feature explicit sexual content, profanity, gore, and violence

OMG, the President was once a hetro sexual playboy billionar with a history of sex and cheating. Have these fags never masterbated?!

Any sicfi fans going to check out Orville over STD, both or neither?

Orville Trailer:
youtube.com/watch?v=Yy9sKeCE8V0

You literally can't put a coherent sentence together.

Your opinion is meaningless. Mostly because your grammar is such shit that it's impossible to read your statements and obtain meaning from them.

Per OP. But see above: OP is moderately retarded.

Star Trek never needed to virtue signal to exist.
Star Trek resorting to virtue signalling means the show is already dead.

Yeah I'm excited for it it looks good in a really goofy cheesy way.

Orville has great potential

Women pretending to be men

You have no idea what you're talking about. Star Trek has always been ultra-progressive, and it's not "virtue-signaling." It's ethical television--it always was.

neat, but now this thread needs to move to Sup Forums

Are you dumb? It had the first interracial kiss.

>Yeah I'm excited for it it looks good in a really goofy cheesy way.
From interviews it doesnt seem too goofy, which Galaxy Quest wasnt except for some slapstick style humor. It seems Orville the creators are saying will have comedy just based off how real people would real situations which works for me. Hope that doesnt change your outlook, it seems like a good thing.

>Star Trek has always been ultra-progressive, and it's not "virtue-signaling." It's ethical television--it always was.
Calling BS on that, got anything to back that up? I am a trek fan, but like any real trek fan STD looks like shit.

her face when he says it's coming now

Idk it's made by seth macfarlane so I'll believe that when I see it

fucking shithead, I guarantee you aren't more a trekkie than me

you fucking shitcunt liberal hijacks with your virtue signalling bullshit. progressive was TNG, which was open and approached hard topics

STD is just >insert agenda

>Idk it's made by seth macfarlane so I'll believe that when I see it
thats what were waiting for.... Did you like the trailer? It weirdly seems more Trek than STD.

>Alien Covenant
wtf happened here? they ran out of budget on Prometheus and it made no sense so didnt bother with covenant. plz if have time, spoonfeed an user and others who are lurking?

> when Star Trek last had a female captain

> first episode she screws up and manages to get the ship totally lost

@ OP post;

Well that's not surprising at all. We can expect more and more of that SJW bullshit to normalize degeneracy. (((They))) gotta brainwash and warp the youngest generation of minds. It will only keep intensifying.

The "muh Trump" reason given by the creators is just a convenient excuse.

It's Cultural Marxism in action, nothing less than that.

The Farce Awakens, and Alien Covenant for example, are 2 recent examples.

see

The actress who played Janeway managed to pull off a kind of Margaret Thatcher vibe quite well. It remains to be seen if it can be done again.

TOS
TNG
DS9
STV
and now STD. Being that STD is pushing the homosexual themes I think the show initials fit perfectly. Degenerate fucks.

Honestly I'm so desperate for a new star trek i'll watch it anyways

Gonna pirate it though so whatever

>New show will break ground with women and cussing and gore and sex and stuff!

Yeah, I'm getting pretty sick of this.

>got anything to back that up?
You can go read any of the literally-thousands of interviews, reports and scholarly articles on the topic.

Or just read a quote by Gene Rodenburry about the topic:

"Star Trek was an attempt to say that humanity will reach maturity and wisdom on the day that it begins not just to tolerate, but take a special delight in differences in ideas and differences in life forms."

-Gene Roddenberry

They seem to think that making it edgy will make it better, and that's exactly the same mistake they made with Stargate Universe.

>Honestly I'm so desperate for a new star trek i'll watch it anyways
Hope your a fan of JJ Trek shooting, here is a comparison.
To be fair JJ apologized and said his style was a MISTAKE in many interviews, apparently STD didnt get the memo.

At least they're being honest in their true goals, now. Let everyone see what a shit show they will make out of Star Trek.

According to actual lore the ship teleports turds out of your body before you actually need to take a dump.

They put women in leadership roles to spite Trump. They made the entire show revolve around identity politics, changing characters just for spite, rather than story. Yet you think Sup Forums is being the little baby. Your so wonderfully deluded it makes complete sense your on board. Your exactly the type of useful idiot they were hoping to grab.

>"Star Trek was an attempt to say that humanity will reach maturity and wisdom on the day that it begins not just to tolerate, but take a special delight in differences in ideas and differences in life forms."
>-Gene Roddenberry
isnt that uhhhh anti-SJW? it says tolerate like noone gives a shit which is how it should be not glorified which Roddenberry didnt do in Trek, it seems STD is taking that quote the same wrong way by glorifying differences instead of just ignoring them.

youtube.com/watch?v=ubNqUyf0op0

Controversial opinion, I like JJtrek just fine, it helps Chris pine is love

THIS IS WHY WE CALL IT A HIJACK

STDs virtue signalling is not the maturity and wisdom of previous generations of Trek.

(sorry reposted due to writing errors)

For one thing, Covenant has a pair of faggots in it. So it promites homosexuality as normal.

And the movie just sucks. The story is very bad and the spoopy scenes aren't spoopy at all, not even 1/100th as spoopy as the first Alien. The movie seems written by a comittee, similar to The Farce Awakens in that TFA is basically just A New Hope repackaged and they try to make the TFA "feel" like the old movies by using directly borriwng concepts and plot elements from them. Covenant does the same, and even uses the same music as Alien.

Worst ratings ever incoming.

One thing that Star Trek got right here was that for the most part it didn't push contemporary liberal ideologies, instead it portrayed a future where technology had enabled significant changes to the world's political and economic systems for the better. As such it didn't feel at all forced.

Star Trek: Diversity won't be getting any views from me!

I maybe would have given it a shot, but they basically threw out the entire canon and look/feel of the past series to make this abortion.

>What does Sup Forums think?

I think anything past TNG is nonsense

> I like JJtrek just fine
They kinda took it to the extreme. For me the problem is cant see shit, the trailer is even worse, shaky cams all over like a crackhead, lens flare, con trails, abberation, blur, you name it. Looks like a 9 year old went nuts on a sugarrush in a video editor.

Just to show I didnt cherrypick the last screenshot here is another.

Enterprise wasn't all bad... the stuff with the Andorians, Vulcans, and Klingons was pretty great, and the Xindi Mission is right up their alongside the Dominion War and the Klingon Civil War as far as best arcs in Star Trek are concerned... but it's still the weakest series in the franchise... at least until Discovery airs.

Here's the rest of the quote, in case you don't think it was about human beings:

"If we cannot learn to actually enjoy those small differences, to take a positive delight in those small differences between our own kind, here on this planet, then we do not deserve to go out into space and meet the diversity that is almost certainly out there."

>Yet you think Sup Forums is being the little baby.
Wrong: Sup Forums is being the little baby. That's as constantly true a statement as the fact that Star Trek has always been progressive.

Nonsense. "Virtue signaling" doesn't even mean anything. It's a meaningless phrase used by retarded people to try to claim that "well I don't share your values, so you can't possibly believe them, either!"

Because you're retarded.

Wrong. Read above Star Trek pushed the everliving fuck outa the boundaries of its day. Just like the new one will.

>And the movie just sucks. The story is very bad and the spoopy scenes aren't spoopy at all, not even 1/100th as spoopy as the first Alien. The movie seems written by a comittee, similar to The Farce Awakens in that TFA is basically just A New Hope repackaged and they try to make the TFA "feel" like the old movies by using directly borriwng concepts and plot elements from them. Covenant does the same, and even uses the same music as Alien.
thank you based user, for telling me about how terribad the movie is. It does cleary suck it long and hard! (gay pun for the promoting of fags.)

>creators said that they didnt want any men in leadership roles as a response to Trump
imagine being this triggered

holy fucking shit my writing sucks right now, it's not usually THAT bad.

Warhammer 40K isn't a sci-fi series.

>I maybe would have given it a shot, but they basically threw out the entire canon and look/feel of the past series to make this abortion.
Articles like the one posted are saying that the only people who care about canon are racists and sexist nazi's. True trek fans dont care about canon their spreading all over media, keep in mind I linked one article.

Do you think their pulling another fembusters with saying it only failed due to misogynists not that it sucked?

maybe some white wymenz will get WORFED.com

What did you expect?
Are you unfamiliar with Star Trek?

isnt deadpool 2 different cuz that is how the character looks hence it works not shoehorned propaganda? guess we wont know until it comes out :P

You are retarded leaf. How are they even competing? It's not a contest on which is the best sci-fi universe and the best sci-fi box office. And what would people like you want? For there to be nothing else except the "best" of something? How do you even come up with the best? What happens to the rest? What if I like something else more? Before there was warhammer humanity had created other works of science fiction. And it evolved to what we have today in the form of Warhammer 40k. But if back then they decided something was best, why would they bother making anything else? If the best was chosen and there was no need for another. You wouldn't have 40k today. All because of seeing and wanting only one, the best.

What the fuck am I even going on at this point? What exactly did I want to say? Considering that I'm not high and I wrote this horseshit, does that make me retarded?

>Star Trek
>good
>ever
Oh, please! Even Star Wars is better! At least everything before 2012 is. Disney can go fuck themselves.

Star Trek has been sort of liberal, sometimes, but it was never ultra-progressive.

TOS had peace between human nations and merit-based equality among the races; but it never hinted that Uhura got her job through affirmative action, and it never had Kirk begging another human's forgiveness for his ancestors' sins.

TNG turned down a script by David Gerrold about homosexuals and AIDS. There were a couple episodes with anti-abortion messages.

DS9 depicted homosexuals as deviants. Dax was tempted to have an affair with a Trill woman who her previous host loved, but broke it off because it was taboo. The Intendant was a sex-crazed bisexual, always depicted as a predator and never sympathetically.

Star Trek is very race realist, but all the familiar racial traits are assigned to alien species. Klingons are all violent savages with a primitive government that's ready to topple over at any moment. The only exception is Worf, the talented tenf raised by humans, and even he chimps out a few times. Romulans are never trustworthy. Ferengi are always trying to cheat you. Pakleds are functionally retarded and use other people's technology and skills to keep their spacecraft working. Almost every species has their own state, or they are the subjects or a more powerful race. They preach a lot about how progressive they are, but the universe is one of strongly differentiated races and ethnostates.

Orville is shaping up to basically be "Galaxy Quest: The Series"... and I fucking loved Galaxy Quest, so I'm definitely interested to see how it turns out.

Of course, the biggest irony would be if, despite being a comedy, Trekkie MacFarlane manages to somehow make it a genuinely thought-provoking series that ends up being closer to being a true spiritual successor to Star Trek than Discovery is likely to be.

>Wrong. Read above Star Trek pushed the everliving fuck outa the boundaries of its day. Just like the new one will.

It showed equality with regards to having high ranking women aboard the ship in TOS, but it didn't force fit the modern political fads of the day. It kept it all relevant and part of the storyline.

To be fair Star Trek has always been hyper "progressive" and the all woman FUCK DRUMPF stuff isnt all that much out of character for the series. I mean the federation is a comunist utopia for crying out loud.

>CEO announces its basically rated R and will feature explicit sexual content, profanity, gore, and violence to net the Walking Dead audience.

Roddenberry is turning in his grave

I thought it was pretty good to be honest.

they will likely fail like Marvel Comics and their too-diverse pandering with black woman Iron Man, lady Thor, Muslim Ms. Marvel etc. Who can stand that shit?

Sounds pretty openly gay

about the new Star Wars:

youtube.com/watch?v=sg29Sa6QFes

youtube.com/watch?v=G6E9RIc2tic

similar shit applies to Covenant, although TFA is worse.

>virtue signalling
They literally give themselves away
>We inserted women in leadership roles to spite Trump

it's pathetic. You can't defend this. Enterprise C was a woman captain, Janeway was a woman captain (and admiral), and the series has been populated by all sorts of great women from Jadzia Dax to Guinan to B'elanna.

>does that make me retarded?
yes, you responded to a person with one post :P
dont feel bad did the same thing here.

>Trekkie MacFarlane manages to somehow make it a genuinely thought-provoking series that ends up being closer to being a true spiritual successor to Star Trek than Discovery is likely to be.
I'm thinking it will be and fun fact CBS is probably kicking themself for not letting him make it as star trek which he pitched. Problem is that CBS vowed to not spend one dime on a new trek series, hence STD is fully funded by Netflix for first season, with no confirmation they want a second season.

>but it was never ultra-progressive.
Incorrect.

Want to tell a story? Tell a story.

Want to send a message? Go to Western Union.

They really needed to get away from the po faced sci-fi and do something like The Orville. Star Trek is a great concept because it allows for expansion and experimentation. A Star Trek TV comedy would have been a great idea. Call it STAR TREK: DARK STAR after the glorious 1974 classic!!!FACT!!!

>To be fair Star Trek has always been hyper "progressive" and the all woman FUCK DRUMPF stuff isnt all that much out of character for the series.
I dun recall the female officers ever saying eff you basically to kirk, or picard or their shows focusing on gender except that one alien that could like become whatever you wanted it to be but again it didnt focus on the gender as the plot like STD is saying it will.

>Enterprise C was a woman captain, Janeway was a woman captain (and admiral)
not too mention Captain Sisko who they just outright ignore. Sisko and Janeway never came off as SJW garbage because they never had janeway sitting around talking about men mansplaining to her or Sisko sitting around saying it was really hard being black... it didnt happen.

>mfw i turn off the holodeck program and see all the jizz puddles

> Call it STAR TREK: DARK STAR after the glorious 1974 classic!!!FACT!!!
dam that would be genius, now go be CEO of CBS!

The actor who played Sisko also portrayed the character really well.

>>mfw i turn off the holodeck program and see all the jizz puddles
No, No, No. That just wouldnt happen. All biological fluids are automatically beamed to the replicator unit to be used as rations for replication per official canon.

You clearly didn't read my post. All that work for nothing. Why would you forsake me in such a cruel way, friendo? The lack of response from his part was not relevant for me, yet an aswer to my initial questions was. Friendo, you have made me suffer tremendously.

they had some pretty awful racism/baseball episodes iirc. janeway is still cool and underrated

Who DS9 patricians here?

>The actor who played Sisko also portrayed the character really well.
That is my point, they never focused on the SJW garbage, they were both good officers who didnt sit around virtue signalling like they literally say STD will do in their own words saying "We will follow the main character as she discovers the galaxy while she discovers herself as a woman." fuck me, that is probably the opening to STD now that I think about it.