This is the state of """"higher""""" learning

>this is the state of """"higher""""" learning

kek

Other urls found in this thread:

people.terry.uga.edu/rwatson/mist4610/
people.terry.uga.edu/rwatson/
web.archive.org/web/20170807163817/http://people.terry.uga.edu/rwatson/mist4610/
twitter.com/universityofga/status/894964656007196672
twitter.com/NSFWRedditGif

what are the documented negative outcomes of this policy? i assume someone as intelligent as yourself has those sources at the ready.

Oh boy I can get that 4.0 and work at Google

>American education

(((your country)))

well when you put it like that, there's nothing wrong with it whatsoever. :^)

One class. So fucking what?

Seems alright, but the grades should specify if the student chose the grade themselves.

>kids still give themselves fails just to appear cool

Got collect those sheckles eh? Most Canadians are fucking NPC's, KYS

What are the documented benefits of the policy?

No way will the Uni board allow this. The undermines any credibility they have with their degrees in the workplace and will therefore hit the hip pockets of the uni as no student will continue to enroll.

better grades

professors are given broad authority to evaluate their students as they see fit.

Because it ALWAYS start as just "one class/person/town/company".
Ten year later half the country is doing it because no one tried to stop it early and it has became a trend.

They could lose accreditation in the long term.

Why is that a benefit?

because better grades are better than not as good grades. its sort of built right into the word "better"

I am enlightened, I deserve 1000% grade on my exam

The point of a grade is to give a metric to a person's knowledge. What's the point of having a grade if a person can just choose what they get?

what is the documented negative outcome of this method?

why are millennials so fucking dumb and mentally ill?

Anyways it's fake news - as usual.

Here's the actual syllabus which has no such statement.

I'm ok with with people not being graded as part of "group dynamics - forcing people to study with Chad Thundercock and Sally Sleeparound was never a good idea in the first place.

Being allowed to work alone and not in a group would really, really help me t b h

Syllabuses are subject to change and are merely guidelines rather than hard set rules, are you really this dumb?

Usually but having worked in the uni sector they can definitely be overturned

Well we're at an impasse here, because as far as I can tell there's no documented benefits or negatives to the method, as it hasnt been tried.
You also didn't answer my question.

What's your point? No source = fake news.

For all we know some idiot hacked his page and added that statement to trigger other idiots.

>this is the state of American """"higher""""" learning

fixed

>Having group projects at all
>in college
Lord send a flood

Grades become meaningless if everyone can just choose to have better grades.

They exist to judge competency.

>They exist to judge competency.

Ever heard the phrase; ''if you can't do, teach''?

Teachers are the most incompetent people around.

certainly there is a documented negative outcome of this method then. i'll be right here holding my breath

Yes, you end up with a stupid population parading themselves as competent.

That's why it isn't done.

How old are you?

oops, you forgot your source

Check your high self esteem privilege. What about the depressed students who give themselves failing grades despite good work?

Yeah but the article is bogus. So why are we arguing?

people.terry.uga.edu/rwatson/
>Last update: August 1, 2017

>Revised
>August 8, 2017

hmm

web.archive.org/web/20170807163817/http://people.terry.uga.edu/rwatson/mist4610/
Yeah might have been hacked.

>walk away every time
>give self A+'s
>??????
>profit

>Statement from Terry College dean in response to concerns about Prof. Watson’s syllabus
twitter.com/universityofga/status/894964656007196672

Literal retard-.

Reason prevailed.

>mfw graduated from the University of Georgia

At least I had one super red-pilled professor there 10 years ago.

are you a fucking idiot? How about an incompetent workforce, candidates not having basic and essential skills relative to their profession? Not demonstrating that you qualify to graduate from your program? The "Documented negative outcome" can be observed with every fucking idiot that gets a job they can't do, which is far too common in every single profession.

american universities have nothing to do with education anymore.
they sell a degree to their customers, and the customer is always right.

How about when I go to UGA to hire potential candidates, I can no longer trust in the grading system, and therefore, all straight A candidates look the same.

Why continue to hire at UGA at all?

I can hire from Auburn or Alabama, or South Carolina just as easy

LET ME JOIN THAT COLLEGE

God damn group dynamics, that shit was the reason i said fuck college. Fucking normies.

We Wuz Programz n sheeeeiiiittt!

I actually read the article. You still have to get your grade approved by the professor. So you cant fail everything and still get an A or some shit.

>we just implemented this policy for no reason
>unless something bad happens .00003 seconds later, there's nothing wrong with it
Myopic thinking there retard.

Until it becomes trendy and others are pressured into doing it. I suspect they'll start with TAs and work their way to professors.

There is no way that is tenable with the university bureaucratic system.

Pretty sure you were just trolling with a response that stupid.

Professors are push-overs, and the user that said that grades are easily overturned is correct. I used to teach at a university, I was pressured by the director to give students better grades because other teachers were passing out As left and right and it made me look like a worse teacher because I was being strict.

the only positive is...being able to abstain from group work
this is not high school this is not jr high
i understand the whole socialization aspect, the angle of cohesion for those who go into business or the military .
fuck team dynamics though
not everyone has to or wants to work in a team
not every career lends itself to teamwork
academics does not lend itself to abundant collegiality and the same with STEM no one should pick up your slack
i always hated being one of two useful people in a group

Yeah, this. Just twenty years ago, today's reality would've been a fucking joke. This nonsense is spreading fast, and the insane left will not stop doing this by themselves.

>murrishart education

In the past, the art's teacher of my school gave students only 1s or 5s.
If you know, you get 5.
If you don't know, you get 1.

>i'll be right here holding my breath
Keep holding it, long enough.

>go to med school
>choose to get straight A's
>he's your diploma, dr. Tyrone
>"SHEEET"
>kill multiple people
>then get a job at a hospital and misdiagnose patients

He's right guys, everyone's grades went up!

Making objective validation of knowledge irrelevant surely won't detriment our society and our attempts to educate.

Yet they mean nothing. It's like getting paid in monopoly mony.

Sure you are now a millionaire but it's fake.