Marijuana use holds three-fold blood pressure death risk: study

>People who smoke marijuana have a three times greater risk of dying from hypertension, or high blood pressure, than those who have never used the drug, scientists said on Wednesday.
>m-muh harmless natural substance
Will low IQ potheads ever recover?

reuters.com/article/us-health-marijuana-hypertension-idUSKBN1AP0JS

Other urls found in this thread:

journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2047487317723212
webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/guide/hypertension-in-african-americans
content.iospress.com/articles/journal-of-alzheimers-disease/jad140093
twitter.com/SFWRedditVideos

...b but dude weed lmao 420 dab it

Like dude 0 deaths from smoking. Just gotta manage dat bp

how the fuck is that possible pot drops blood pressure. ok who funded the study is the data legit anyone got a link to the actual paper and not some bull shit headline article.

Maybe you'd know how to use google if you stopped smoking so much of the green Jew.

journals.sagepub.com/doi/full/10.1177/2047487317723212

Wow we observed this group of people and we see they are more likely to develop these health conditions later on. Remember user correlation does not mean causation it could be a result of poor diet or other drug use

That's what controls are for, user.

> We controlled for cigarette smoking (non-smokers as reference), gender (female as reference), age (25 years and below as reference), race/ethnicity (non-Hispanic Whites as reference), having health insurance (not having health insurance as reference), alcohol use (not having had five drinks or more on some days in life as reference), diagnosis of hypertension (no diagnosis of hypertension as reference), or CVD: angina, heart attack, congestive heart failure, or coronary heart disease (no diagnosis of CVD as reference), education and body mass index (BMI), were controlled using continuous increasing level. Age was dichotomized as 25 years and below, or above 25 years.

So this basically leaves us with two possibilities: either pot directly kills people, or it indirectly kills people by causing them to develop extremely unhealthy lifestyles.

>people who eat butter are at greatest risk of dying

BAN BUTTER NOW HURRRRRR

Well..: Now we have to wait for people replicating the findings and peer review it.

None of the people who did the study have a doctorate degree... Who do they work for? Apparently they are pHd students at Georgia Tech

Tobacco is legal (Cancer).
Alcohol is legal (Brain and liver damage).
Sugar is legal (You name it).

Tell me again why, because marijuana may be harmful (if the user doesn't exercise), it must be banned?

Yeah keep taking the synthetic jew like a good goyim.

A respected medical journal wouldn't publish it if it wasn't peer reviewed.

>smokers answer "no"
>people that smoked once, but don't smoke anymore answer "yes"
>smoking marijuana reduces hypertension cardiovascular death by 3 times
Prove me wrong. Protip: you can't.
This is why questionnaire studies are pure garbage and mean nothing except in pseudo-science psych studies.
t. engineering statistics fag

My personal view is that it should remain banned until we know the full extent of the potential harms. Once we can accept that it can be harmful, the same way we do with tobacco, alcohol etc., then we can start talking about legalizing and regulating it. Right now it's just too dangerous for a society with this level of delusion to have easy access to.

You can see the mental gymnastics and grasping at straws even in this thread. The level of brainwashing and self-deception is unprecedented.

we already know you dumbass, just because YOU are retarded and don't know doesn't mean scientists don't know

What?? Hahaha you think they knew about the plastics which are literally used for everything look up bisphenol A

I was under the impression that marijuana temporarily lowered blood preessure but increased heart rate due to its effect as a vasodilator.

>People who smoke marijuana have a three times greater risk of dying from hypertension
>People who smoke marijuana
>People who smoke

Oh fucking really?

That's ridiculous.

Part of what makes you high is that cannabis widens your veins and reduces your overall blood pressure (which is why your heart beats faster when you're high) That's why it's recommended for people with glaucoma to reduce pressure in the eyeballs.

Any study of cannabis is dubious in its results because different strains vary considerably in their chemical content and distribution within different regions of the world.

Most harm from cannabis comes from when it is smoked. If it's legalized an effort to push it as an oral herbal supplement will probably be enforced and the chemical content will be regulated.

>body constantly has vasodilation
>body counter acts by increasing vascular resistance
>body keeps increasing vasoconstriction to return to normal blood pressure
>hypertension

Best argument I can make for how it could happen.

but DUDE WEED

Stoners eternally BTFO

It's the latter
t. former pothead

fake news

since i stopped smoking weed i have realised its had a pretty big impact on my ability to learn new things

Whatever fag we have (((((free healthcare))))

about to smoke a fat one get fucked square

or maybe weed allowed you to learn new things, because your issues started when you stopped???

nah fucked up my college courses from smoking too much and now i've tried getting back ontop of stuff and i am finding it alot harder to grasp and hold onto new concepts, but i started smoking at about 15 - 16 so my brain wasnt fully developed so i cant say the same for people older than 20 just my personal experience

Stop blaming drugs cause your a lazy cunt. Weed induced apathy isn't real

yeah it is

"Recreational marijuana use potentially has cardiovascular adverse effects which needs further investigation."

Conclusive proof!

Also...worth it.

I see, I used to smoke all day everyday and I think I have underlying mental issues maybe add or something on the autism spectrum
I think weed helps me focus, but everyone is different. I can't use anymore because legal issues and I'm not functioning as well as I was before

>smoke everyday
>blood pressure always under 120/80
Really fired up my nigrons.

It is real

So it's a gateway to bad behavior?

I have published research, the papers don't do the experiments. Just check the numbers and that the researchers don't exaggerate or anything.

There is a different kind of peer review that happens AFTER the research is published where researchers try to replicate the research. which is what I meant.

In a related study, people who take cancer medication are way more likely to die of cancer.

>People shocked that taking a substance foreign to your body can have harmful effects.

Fucking A I smoke it sometimes and yet I'm not even as stupid to believe this damn pot heads are retarded.

It's fucking nothing!!!!

Imma smokefag. Smoke frequently. Nearly every day.

IQ is brag worthy.

It calms me down. Keeps me from going crazy on stupid people.

And by the way, I have great blood pressure. Always have.

It should be banned and I'm a daily smoker. Fuck dude weed lmaos and honestly, keep it within your homes not in public.

If you aren't a retard you'll never get caught, which is why I'm never worried about it.

You are fake news.

Heavy user for 30+ years.

look 10 years younger than I am, fitter and healthier than most 10 years or more younger, no heart problems, still far smarter than the anti-pot fear driven morons on here.

Because their study group is a bunch of obese amerifats who get no exercise and live sedentary lifestyles. Still so easily bought out by one sided orchestrated "studies" user?

peer review is long broken

go and look at what former editors of the Lancet and New England journal of medicine have to say about medical research today.

WEEED KILLLS
BOOGA BOOGA BOOGA, see your doctor for more pills

You're in your mid-40's of Sup Forums mate. Good job.

they don't die of the cancer they die from the chemo.

Well how are you supposed to find out it's medicinal pros and cons if it's not even legal to test? lol I thought we already cleared this up in the 30's- doesn't it give you the Reefer madness? PS Willie Nelson and Snoop should be dead 10 times over based on that bullshit.

It was an isolated and controlled syudy asshat. Do you not think they followed the scientific method? When they report results like this they make sure the result cannot be due to random chance but one of causation

lol TWO possibilities?

I suggest you cozy up with a nice doobie and read a book on policy stats....

Your 2 possibilities are very unimaginative.
1) Either pot kills people directlys (not sure what you mean by directly) presumably the cause of death is high blood pressue?
2) or it causes people to develop extremely unhealthy lifestyles.
, or the OBVIOUS
3) maybe it doesnt cause anything by itself, but that the type of person who is disposed to smoke pot is the same type of person who is disposed to behave unhealthily.

STOP THE PRESSES.

Why are you faggots so obsessed with weed, I smoke some once in a while after long week in work, I hate those weed fags, I mean everyone does. But why the hell you stupid retards always bring some faggot tier studies about how harmfull it is. Even the fucking water you drink is harmfull for you, literally everything you eat, drink and inhale - including air on this planet is killing you. You must be the most boring, snobby cunt to be around

yeah duuuuude its a conspiracy theory duuuuude

try early 50s, been waiting for you young uns to wake up for 20 odd years.

>drug
abused
>medicine
prescription

>(((study shows)))
>(((reuters)))

learn how to archive, faggot

>no-one ever abuses prescriptions

/thread

eat 4 eggs a day, dont have high colesterol,
lololol science wrong, consuming cholesterol wont raise ldl cholesterol.

>implying prescriptions are abused on the scale that drugs are

>Will low IQ potheads ever recover?

The people who want cannabis to stay illegal have enough money to fabricate these bs studies.

Gee, I wonder why there's such a high correlation between HBP and weed smoking, I can't put my finger on it

webmd.com/hypertension-high-blood-pressure/guide/hypertension-in-african-americans

>leaves us with two possibilities:
nowhere does the report say that pot caused the hypertension.
this is nothing but a statistical analysis of health statistics produced under a study that had nothing to do with pot.
Also it comes out of Georgia (USA), the capitol of redneck hillbillies
And of course it was published in a britbong journal, where they regularly admit they published false results

>prescriptions aren't drugs
why do they have a 40 foot neon sign that says DRUGS OPEN ALL NIGHT

Weed is in titmilk. Ban assault tits. I smoke nicotine to kill estrogen and keep me thin. I have type O blood. All these combine to make sure it's impossible I get cholesterol or high BP. Life is risky. From one lie to another. Stop driving. Muh oil and paper profits! Jew.

>prescriptions are totally recreational drugs mayne stop the persecution now 420

Nicotine is a vitamin (B3) minus one oxygenated bond. Aka smoking. Bfd. Japan and Greece smoke more than us and have less lung cancer. Black lung is only for coal miners. Your lungs regenerate every 3 weeks

some are
drug companies know that where cannabis has been legalized the revenue from painkillers etc drops markedly
it's all about the shekels

>smokes weed
>takes ACE inhibitor for htn

Wew lad so hard

user I think you are confused

Theyre abused. Theyre drugs. All you have left is jewish hair splitting. Nobody has died from pot. It helps many things. No side effects. Unlike you. Youre just shilly silly fucken womany fucken NAGS. Entire snowflake sAlt right

I agree with this. Even if I do the devil's cabbage myself. Most of the people who actually get caught probably deserve it to begin with. You'd be surprised how many dudeweedlmaos have gotten arrested for smoking by the local kindergarten.

Ya, keep telling me it's bad while I have a fit body, exercise regularly, will be a licensed attorney soon and have a hot gf

Fucking losers on this site I swear

So does alcohol, until you are not drinking alcohol

What does cannabis mean. What is a canna? A canna is a reed. You know. Like Moses floated down
>devil's plant
>plants are devils
>God doesn't make plants
>Bible doesnt say that which goes in mouth doesnt defile but that which comes out
>serpent seed isnt real; apples arent devil like; be sure to eat one a day; keep the priest away

same, eat eggs, butter and pork fat, use animal fats for frying, excellent cholesterol levels.

Gotta die someday bro, May as well be smoked.

>i am going to ignore the teachings of jesus because it is better to be a crypto-jew rather than admit im wrong

this would mean that other BP meidcation would have a similar effect.

w-what n-no this can't be true cannabis was supposed to be the panacea i-if anything it's g-good for you

>My magic tinfoil helmet keeps me safe from the brain-damaging effects of all the pot I smoke, and I'll kill you if you try to take my weed away!

drugs will always be more abused than if theyre given under prescription

nice science you got there, got any proof to back that up, or are you just being mentally retarded

smoking the chemicaly charged bullshit that we call cigarettes today is just being full blown retard

with that attitude you might as well off yourself.

>food is the same as recreational drugs

oh yeah youve just proven us that doing POZ is fine because which defile only comes out of the mouth

nice one homosexual

piss off agent smith.

>brain-damaging effects
Abstract: The purpose of this study was to investigate the potential therapeutic qualities of Δ9-tetrahydrocannabinol (THC) with respect to slowing or halting the hallmark characteristics of Alzheimer's disease. N2a-variant amyloid-β protein precursor (AβPP) cells were incubated with THC and assayed for amyloid-β (Aβ) levels at the 6-, 24-, and 48-hour time marks. THC was also tested for synergy with caffeine, in respect to the reduction of the Aβ level in N2a/AβPPswe cells. THC was also tested to determine if multiple treatments were beneficial. The MTT assay was performed to test the toxicity of THC. Thioflavin T assays and western blots were performed to test the direct anti-Aβ aggregation significance of THC. Lastly, THC was tested to determine its effects on glycogen synthase kinase-3β (GSK-3β) and related signaling pathways. From the results, we have discovered THC to be effective at lowering Aβ levels in N2a/AβPPswe cells at extremely low concentrations in a dose-dependent manner. However, no additive effect was found by combining caffeine and THC together. We did discover that THC directly interacts with Aβ peptide, thereby inhibiting aggregation. Furthermore, THC was effective at lowering both total GSK-3β levels and phosphorylated GSK-3β in a dose-dependent manner at low concentrations. At the treatment concentrations, no toxicity was observed and the CB1 receptor was not significantly upregulated. Additionally, low doses of THC can enhance mitochondria function and does not inhibit melatonin's enhancement of mitochondria function. These sets of data strongly suggest that THC could be a potential therapeutic treatment option for Alzheimer's disease through multiple functions and pathways.
content.iospress.com/articles/journal-of-alzheimers-disease/jad140093
especially when you define all use as abuse

>420 dab it

420 blaze it, you always say 420 blaze it because 420 is Hitler's birthday so we remember his deeds with the ovens by saying blaze it 420

>That's what controls are for, user.
who funded the study?

Only countries that don't have Rothschild central banks, North Korea, Syria, Iran.

The US has been in war almost constantly since the Federal Reserve started.

Rothschild makes money by funding both sides, Avarice benefitting off the blood lust and letting.

>Tell me again why, because marijuana may be harmful (if the user doesn't exercise), it must be banned?

because it's harmful to an economy full of petrochemical plastics that make you gay so a ruthless gang of pedophile murderers can have the funding they need to abduct school children and diddle them while you're at work

And Russia removed them.

We are battling an ancient religion that considers us cattle.

From my personal experience weed is definitely worthy of being illegal. I know plenty of start guys who ruined their academic lives by being obsessed with weed. The one time I was pressured into eating it in brownies when I was younger has got to be one of the worst nights of my life. Awful substance.

That's funny. Ever since I started smoking weed daily I have gotten in the best shape ever of my life and I was an athlete in high school.

>It should be banned and I'm a daily smoker
I agree, human beings are property and they should only do whatever the fuck it is the money tells them to do

should make a government program where you get food stamps for hopping on one foot all day, we can harness the seismic activity to create electricity

>Why are you faggots so obsessed with weed,
we are obsessed with morality and law

Ok but is kratom fine? This is the real question

>sage