Brit/pol/ - Rex Totius Britanniae edition

>Scotland to discuss new post Brexit powers for Holyrood, but warns of Westminster “power grab”
en.mercopress.com/2017/08/09/scotland-to-discuss-new-post-brexit-powers-for-holyrood-but-warns-of-westminster-power-grab

>Judge calls for clarity on status of ECJ rulings in UK after Brexit
theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/08/judge-calls-for-clarity-on-status-of-ecj-rulings-in-uk-after-brexit

>Manchester Airport pipe bomb plot: Nadeem Muhammad guilty
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-40851414

>Brexit negotiations 'have not begun well' - Sir Simon Fraser
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-40846830

>Armed US immigration officers stationed at British airports
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/07/09/us-want-armed-immigration-officers-british-airports-radical2/

>The Article 49 strategy to keep Britain in the EU
ft.com/content/9f4fd278-790e-11e7-a3e8-60495fe6ca71

>Britain denies agreeing to pay EU exit bill
lancasteronline.com/news/politics/the-latest-britain-denies-agreeing-to-pay-eu-exit-bill/article_d2c962b3-8065-59bc-939c-007b0da39f80.html

>EU data protection rules to be rolled into UK law
digitallook.com/news/political-news/eu-data-protection-rules-to-be-rolled-into-uk-law--2805330.html

>British woman shot in Brazil 'after getting lost'
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40847751

>British tourists shun France and terror-hit (Muslim infested) countries in north Africa as they flock to sun-drenched Croatia and Dubai instead
dailymail.co.uk/news/article-4767740/British-tourists-shunning-France-flocking-Spain.html

>NHS to recruit an army of British nurses after Brexit instead of paying expensive agency staff
telegraph.co.uk/news/2017/08/06/exclusive-nhs-recruit-army-british-nurses-brexit-instead-paying/

Previous edition

Other urls found in this thread:

theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/08/judge-calls-for-clarity-on-status-of-ecj-rulings-in-uk-after-brexit
unvis.it/theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/08/judge-calls-for-clarity-on-status-of-ecj-rulings-in-uk-after-brexit
telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/08/02/johnston-press-appeals-pension-trustees-back-salvage-deal-local/
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40844031
richardherring.com/warmingup/13/7/2017/index.html
generosity.com/education-fundraising/help-pop-rightly-so-s-cherry
twitter.com/Herring1967/status/885638583423557633
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

Anime is for nonces

Another rape gang for the list, this time Newcastle. Can you guess the ethnicity and religion?

>Judge calls for clarity on status of ECJ rulings in UK after Brexit

Any opinions on this? It essentially (could) mean that British law would judicial precedent over EU laws.

>TELLY interrogator Andrew Neil is quitting one of the BBC’s flagship political shows — with Emily Maitlis favourite to take up the job.
>Sunday Politics host Neil, 68, has said he wants more time at his home in France.
>He is in talks with the Beeb about reducing his workload but will carry on presenting the late-night This Week.

Daily Politics being hosted by Jo Coburn (actual Jewess) and Emily Maitlis (actual Jewess). Can't wait!

I'm from Newcastle lad, not heard of this, what went on?
>literally my links i made again

Mexican Catholic?

Real Thread (no tripfags allowed)

You're an absolute imbecile.

tunnock teacakes desu

>Can you guess the ethnicity and religion?

One of the major one's, probably. But I will guess the social status of the victims. Young, white girls that come from trash families where the parents don't give a shit where their kids are at 6pm.

Friendly reminder that Rightly So is a virgin NEET who tried to get his first time crowdfunded.

Reminder the last tripcunt to make links was Cope in the last 10 lots, reminder the only tripcunts who make threads regularly include Rightly, Cope and Steerkike.

Real thread. Made first

>he says while posting in my thread
Yes, you mongs work for me, you do it for free and you're grateful for the opportunity to do so.

No one is going to use your shit thread lad.

Posted here first

I see the arch-Remaniacs are floating the idea of a new party called the 'Democrats'. Everything about this idea is hillarious, from its stillborn chance of achieving anything, to the irony of the name.

Andrew Neil is literally the only thing worth watching on the BBC.

I'm going to say Cambodian Buddhists. It's bound to be them at some point

I would even post in an tripfag-made thread over an childish cartoon one.

>The government must provide clarity on whether it wants UK courts to take into account rulings of the European court of justice after Brexit, one of Britain’s most senior judges has said.
>Judges have been told they will no longer be forced to do so, but can if they think it appropriate. However, the president of the supreme court, Lord Neuberger, called on the government to state its position explicitly.

Am I missing something, or does it not follow that after an exit from the EU we would be under no obligation whatsoever to follow the rulings of the ECJ? Why does this even need clarifying?

Archive
unvis.it/theguardian.com/politics/2017/aug/08/judge-calls-for-clarity-on-status-of-ecj-rulings-in-uk-after-brexit

>over an childish
>an childish
>an
>n

Have you not checked who is OP little pubey?

That's right m8. It's fucking me. So you just listen to me because I'm the king of this thread now.

Actually I checked and in what will be a massive victory for the left there is one white person in the gang.

Daily reminder that the UK newspaper industry will collapse in the next 5 years.

telegraph.co.uk/business/2017/08/02/johnston-press-appeals-pension-trustees-back-salvage-deal-local/

>The newspaper publisher Johnston Press is appealing to the trustees of its £600m pension fund to join in a radical restructuring of the company to prevent its collapse under heavy debts.

>As it revealed half year results showing sustained pressure on the scores of local newspapers that form the core of its business, Johnston Press said it had opened discussions with its pension trustees around a potential debt for equity swap with its bondholders.

>The company owes £220m to lenders in bonds that are due for to be repaid in less than two years.

>Johnston Press admitted the decline of its local circulation and advertising revenues means it is unlikely to be able to refinance the bonds and that “could have a material impact on the group's operations and its ability to continue as a going concern”.

>Chief executive Ashley Highfield, who is attempting to engineer a deal with bondholders that could see them write off some of the debt in exchange for shares, said he is focused on securing the approval of pension trustees. Johnston Press has defined benefit liabilities of more than £600m and a funding deficit of £53m.

>>he says while posting in my thread
>Yes, you mongs work for me, you do it for free and you're grateful for the opportunity to do so.
Can you not read?
>anonymongs

>During the trials, the also court heard how Northumbria police paid a convicted child rapist £9,680 over 21 months to spy on the network of men, attending the parties where victims were suspected of being abused. The jury did not hear evidence from the informant, a British-Asian man in his 30s with links to the defendants, and a judge described him as “inherently unreliable”.

This is what your tax money pays for.

Because when two existing laws are conflicting with each other in our system, it is the responsibility of the body in question (a court, public assembly, etc) to decide which law holds precedent, and there is a whole other range of complications that goes with nullifying the ruling of entire courts - not to mention the obvious, potential disorder, loopholes under law, but also the disarray of other laws reliant on ECJ rulings.

Good

Guardian's article about the new rape gang network convictions has a standout paragraph:

>Operation Shelter has clear similarities to grooming scandals in Rotherham and Rochdale, which featured gangs of British Asian men abusing white girls. The men in operation Shelter are from a wider range of backgrounds, including Bangladeshi, Pakistani, Indian, Iraqi, Iranian and Turkish.

Phrased as though diversity is a good thing, even here.

They genuinely would believe that

Ah right, I thought they were talking about laws and rulings being made after the exit process had ended.

>Am I missing something, or does it not follow that after an exit from the EU we would be under no obligation whatsoever to follow the rulings of the ECJ? Why does this even need clarifying?

Because international law is fucking complicated. If you're a judge and realise that common and domestic law does not cover a certain case, but various international laws do - you want to have clarity as to which international law to apply. This isn't as much of a legal issue than it is an economic one. International investors want to know.

Real thread. We must not threadsplit

They're confirmed asian. The police paid a convicted child rapist to spy on them. Quote: "I was told, 'This is an operation about Asian grooming gangs. This is what we are after. These are the people we are interested in'."

>no one's posting in it

Not such a wide background that any of them are white though it seems.

I'm moving to Newcastle at the start of September (was just down there looking at houses to rent yesterday). I knew leaving Aberdeenshire would be a mistake.

What's he been up to lately?

I don't think that's legal, though, given the position of the EU and its questionable sovereignty and where it stems from, it may not be in line with, say, a French court making rulings which would be a clear attempt at a foreign court to influence our own law.

Where abouts in Newcastle?

Went to a local newspaper office run by the once, half the place was empty. Maybe 5 desks in use while 10 others were dusting in a corner, two of the rooms meant for editors were also not in use and just dusting away.

Getting sloshed at festivals:
bbc.co.uk/news/uk-40844031

>paying convicted child rapists to go to child sex parties to get evidence they can't use
I can understand paying petty criminals to spy on operations, but why on Earth did they think this was a good idea?

>hehehe hahahahh ooooo farage you know haha politicians yeah errr hehehehe hahe

Anime

Legend

>a French court making rulings which would be a clear attempt at a foreign court to influence our own law.

Lolwhut?

The ECJ does not, never has, rule on domestic issues - it has no authority over national law, only Union law. The question at this time is when the Brits lazily just turn EU law into national law, whether judges should/must use ECJ rulings/advice for national cases that relate to those 'adapted' laws.

Currently waiting for confirmation from the guy renting out the place, but hopefully in Heaton. Was also looking at Gateshead.

Link?

Meh, good for him.

Karenposting may be patriotic and an ancient brit/pol/ tradition going back 5 years but the numods are fags and the newtrips all report anime posters because they're fucking redditors

Must-read:
richardherring.com/warmingup/13/7/2017/index.html

You almost felt sorry for him watching that. His twitter/blog tirade afterwards only made things worse.

and virgins

That wasn't, even in the slightest bit, related to my point what so ever. The point was, that Rightly was enquiring about & I was answering to, was ECJ rulings being nullified after Brexit or British law holding judicial precedent through stare decisis. Then the discussion turned to rulings made after Brexit and whether or not rulings made would effect us, I simply noted the set up of all European courts are radically different to national courts (which is the same point you're making).

His obsession with Farage is peculiar to say the least. Was he hoping by constantly dropping his name he could detract from the arse-raping he received from Portillo?

I thought the judge was asking for clarification about ruling made after the exit process, which as you can understand didn't seem to make sense to me.

Gateshead is alright lad, that's not my neck of the woods though. I'm on the other side of the water and in a village on the outskirts. If work is a priority, it takes 15 minutes to get to the city center via bus from where I am, so I'd definitely recommend somewhere outside of the direct city center.

I still don't get the point about French court rulings. Foreign law constantly influences national law, especially ours. WTO and other trade bloc regulations have significantly influenced our national laws for the last bunch of decades.

If EU directives (which become national law) are disobeyed or found inadequate, then you may take cases above the supreme Court and to the ECJ or ECtHR

Some madman pledged $2

generosity.com/education-fundraising/help-pop-rightly-so-s-cherry

Yeah I know what you meant. The other guy misinterpreted what I meant. Think he thought I was comparing French courts to the ECJ.

My point was that the set up of the European Union and its courts are radically different to those of national courts and how they're enforced is different. The bit about French courts was a comparison to how EU law has taken precedent over our own law, and how that would not be the case with (direct) rulings made by say, France. A pretty shoddy, obvious point but it's worth stating.

Tanned Englishmen.

twitter.com/Herring1967/status/885638583423557633
If this had been said by someone on the right of the political spectrum (whatever that even means) about someone on the left of it, no doubt it would have been reported to the police.

>A sunny day in India

This outrage over the "black Romans" BBC cartoon is interesting in so much as the MSM have ignored the fact that the Beeb's intentions wasn't about educating people regarding a ethnically diverse Roman Britain, but simply fulfilling it's diversity agenda.

Why no focus of the other 'toons featuring non-whites Celts etc?

I'm fucking sick of this. They're not content with simply wiping us out, but they have to destroy our history as well.

But that's national law post-Brexit, why would the ECJ give a shit about UK national law?

True. Although Herring is a complete manlet, I reckon Farage would have sparked the little shit out cold.

BRITISH

He who controls the past controls the future.

Ridiculous, isn't it? They chose Britain of all places. The land that was considered to be its own continent, the very edge of the world and a dark & mysterious place is filled with nogs, as opposed to say, their North African provinces, a more likely candidate.

They can mess around with the identity of civilians, but art work and the description of every single Emperor who ever ruled Rome are recorded by Suetonius & later in the Historia Augusta, not to mention the depictions of many of those in the Senatorial class in Rome that survive, and its blatantly obvious they aren't groids.

Brexit is at risk!

Chapter 2 nicely done

Have you watched their recent 1066 documentary featuring black Normans?

They seem to be ashamed that the history of these Isles is predominately white and are intent on "correcting" that by including non-whites, namely blacks, in their factual content exploring our past.

Fuck would Herring do lmfao? Try and bum him?

>post brexit
Yeah only just read the whole thread. This is something I've being worrying about recently, too much of our law finds authority in EU code.

what! you don't want to celebrate the diversity that the romans brought with their 1 black slave?

FUCKING RACISTS!

They give zero fucks my friend. It's one thing to (wrongly) place niggers around a movie/TV set as side or even main characters but acting out roles as civilians, but then to include them as some of the most famous men in history, of which art and literary descriptions exist of, is absolute fucking insanity.

>too much of our law finds authority in EU code
well, given that most EU laws have been drafted with heavy brit influence, they might as well be British laws.

yeah, it seems like it's not too difficult to get about in Newcastle which is nice.

Do something about it then, cuck white boy

Your thread failed.

Hahaha I just read that whole blog post, this guy reminds me so much of Alan Partridge. The way he keeps adding "witty" responses that he obviously thought up later while lying in bed, turning the events of the evening over and over in his mind, and the weird state of immature, passive-aggressive butthurt he seems to constantly exist in where he wants to explode in a fit of autistic screeching when in the presence of people who disagree with his politics but he's just too cowardly. I was half expecting every sentence to end with "needless to say, I had the last laugh". What an absolute plonker.

What?
We operate a completely different system of Law than the continent. Thousands of statutes and statuary instruments have been implemented into national law that derive their authority from European primary legislation. Just because some UK MEP cast a vote for his favourite banana circumference doesn't make it any less EU law.

which means anime is here to stay

Wew another European v British law thread again.

No wonder people think all lawyers are cunts

Towards the end he has a good bit on feeling like a foreigner in his own land, should be essential reading for Brit/pol/. (I assume you are talking about AoB)

>Just because some UK MEP cast a vote for his favourite banana circumference doesn't make it any less EU law.

You cheekily drop the part where commission task forces are usually driven by Brit experts.

>implying anyone expected hitler to arrive

>British politics thread
>Law comes up
>RRRRRREEEEEEEEEEE
Idiot.

Rate lads

Oh yeah much better that people discuss what their favourite anime character is.

Why do brainlets on Brit/pol/ get uptight and annoyed at the first sight of any real discussion? It's like you want this to be your own personal shitposting chamber. Perhaps not even you specifically, but it's a pattern I keep noticing.

It's easy to forget but this is a political general.

dumb frogposter

Yeah finished that chapter yesterday, almost made me drown myself.

Finished chapter 3 today think it was mostly about the schooling system and the grammar schools and how the teaching syallabus changed.