I'm curious to hear your opinions on assisted suicide...

I'm curious to hear your opinions on assisted suicide. It's currently a big topic in our elections and was surprised to see the amount of backlash when it was mentioned.

Other urls found in this thread:

patientsrightscouncil.org/site/holland-background/
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/11/netherlands-sees-sharp-increase-in-people-choosing-euthanasia-du/
independent.co.uk/news/people/right-to-die-belgian-doctors-rule-depressed-24-year-old-woman-has-right-to-end-her-life-10361492.html
unvis.it/independent.co.uk/news/people/right-to-die-belgian-doctors-rule-depressed-24-year-old-woman-has-right-to-end-her-life-10361492.html
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

It's awesome

Who controls your life, you or the state?

Murder is murder even when the victim consents. Because just like an infant cannot consent to sex, a suicidally depressed person cannot give informed consent to his own suicide.

If he could, he would just kill himself.

An honourable way to go if your sick.
Should not be allowed for non-physically disabled or children. Don't care if your depressed not allowed. Lots of therapy required blah blah blah

Lazy cunts, get off your ass and do it yourself.

Neck your own damn self by your bootstraps.

As a young person diagnosed with an extremely rare cancer (have 90% chance to cure with surgery) I think anybody that voluntarily wants to end the time on this planet is a fucking waste. Fuck them. I may have my life taken by a freak disease, these people are just so depressed/in pain they don't want to live. Unless you're terminally ill, fuck you for wasting your life.

>suicidally depressed person
Thats not what it's for

but that assumes that any person who wants to end his/her life is suicidal depressed, which is not the case.

Which is why the State must force the individual into suicide even if he resists. That's why Denmark is moving in the right direction forcing that depressed alcoholic into euthanasia

It should be complusory for the depressed actually. Many people want to die but can't due to the life instinct, that's why the state must force indivudals to die even if they don't want to,.

Yes it is.

I was depressed now I am not because i took medication. using your logic cancer patients should kill themselves instead of fighting the disease.

Most depression is just passing moods that if you can weather through you'll be fine.

Well the U.N supports it and I support the U.N. Medication should not be given to depressed people because it could make them undepressed. Only veterans deserve medication

I wouldnt feel comfortable living next to a doctor who's murdered 300 people thus far in his career, no different than an abortionist.

Well you don't have to worry because neither of those are abortion.

Murder is Murder.

calling it murder is ridiculous. I certainly don't think we should give every person that walks through the doors of a hospital a lethal injection if asked for, but there are cases where an illness can take over a life to such an extent where the person feels his satisfied enough with their life that they're willing to end their journey.

Murder is not murder unless a Judge defines it as murder.

I feel that doctors should have the authority to give lethal injections even if patients don't ask for it. Sometimes people have depression, harmful diseases, and paralysis that they may want to live but it's not the best for them.

that's state sponsored execution of people who have done no wrong. what are your arguments for that? lower taxes? depression can be cured,
it's the question whether a healthy individual with a clear mind should have the right to end their life.

My argument for that is an argument based on morality, nothing more nothing less.

>assisted suicide

If you want to kys, then kys.

Don't bring other people into it.

Who would've thought that there are suicidal betas that are too beta to commit suicide themselves.

Because you phyiscally can't and legally can't by yourself.

can you elaborate what is 'right' about killing people against their will, and 'wrong' about letting people that want to live, live?
cases where a person is confined to a hospital or simply wishes to die peacefully surrounded by family rather than crushed by a train or found dead after an overdose. it gives them an opportunity to talk about their life and wishes rather than live in fear of being taken into a psych ward by their relatives.

Because it's wrong for doctors to let people suffer.

>law currently says it's ok to pull people off life support to let them die of starvation but not ok to triple a dose of morphine

for those in the final stages of incurable diseases or complete paralysis it should be an option

we're kinder to our pets than our relatives in this regard

Some people cant. How would steven hawking end his life if he wanted to?

Fuck the UN although I agree with in this case

Assisted Suicide should be allowed no matter what. I should be able to go to a company and buy a painless death if I want to, without questions asked.

I agree with it but it should be insanely difficult to actually accomplish; the only time I would agree with stupid amounts of paperwork and red tape

>Asking the state to end your life
What next, asking the state to fuck your wife?

Whats the meaning of life? Does anybody truly, objectively know? If not, go fuck yourself moralfags. Anybody that wants to kill themselves should be able to freely do so. I think they should just kill themselves though, dont really need a trained medical professional for that.

Assisted suicide is fine. Doctors putting people down like dogs, as happens in your country, is not. Slippery slope is not a fallacy.

any type of physical harm which leads to stoppage of suffering is bad. death stops the suffering so death is bad.

Forgot pic related

what makes you think we are putting people down too easily?

patientsrightscouncil.org/site/holland-background/
telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/05/11/netherlands-sees-sharp-increase-in-people-choosing-euthanasia-du/

Over 5,000 people a year in a country the size of Holland is a lot. It means that less work is put into palliative care.

That's how it's being used in the most absurd eurocuck nations.

I watched a doc about it (that was pro assisted suicide btw) that really turned me around on it. Quack "doctors" recommending it and basically putting people through a suicide boot camp. It was super fucked up.

It's easy to be for it when you are imagining a terminal cancer patient on death's door... but think about the world we live in. Let me go to the year 2037 and fetch you a buzzfeed article

"More depressed 5 year olds are choosing assisted suicide, and why their parents think this is a good thing"

Sure the compassionate suicide for extreme suffering makes sense, but you must see the level of degeracy this will lead it.

I'd support it under extremely narrow circumstances, such as a painful existence under a terminal illness without chance for meaningful life.

If the dude is bedbound and crying 24/7, just open up the morphine drip and let him drift away.

The original idea was to shorten the suffering of those who are of sound mind but would die anyway, like final stage cancer patients.
Of course, as with every slippery slope, it got out of hand and you have cases like that Belgian girl who was granted the right of sudoku by state even though she was physically healthy:
independent.co.uk/news/people/right-to-die-belgian-doctors-rule-depressed-24-year-old-woman-has-right-to-end-her-life-10361492.html

And then you have people in coma with little to no chance for recovery, God knows I'm happy I don't have to decide whether they should be considered dead or alive.

What if we archive it
unvis.it/independent.co.uk/news/people/right-to-die-belgian-doctors-rule-depressed-24-year-old-woman-has-right-to-end-her-life-10361492.html

I'm not at all familiar with Independent, are they that bad?

The Independent should be euthanised

This.

>assisted suicide
no, if they're that sick just stop the treatment and let them die honourably

all for it. so sad watching normies slowly die