Why can't America figure out education?

Why can't America figure out education?

Gee, it's almost like homogeneously white and Asian countries have great education systems.

this

American culture is not the same as other culture.

We need standardized testing in america so the kids can prove that they read the books. because if you tell tyreese and jaquan to go read a book just for the sake of knowledge, they will laugh in your face

In finland, you tell a kid to read a book, and he goes and reads it, and enjoys it, and comes back and asks for another.

How do you plan on changing american culture?

No matter how much money we throw at education, no matter how many computers and projectors we buy, blacks NEVER score at the level of white students.

After observing this, there are two possible conclusions one can draw:
1.) Whites and Blacks are fundamentally different at a cognitive level.
2.) The system is rigged against blacks and must be changed to accommodate them.

Obviously, it is social and political suicide to go with the first option. So everyone closes their eyes, shoves their fingers in their ears, and pretends it's the second.

The result of this is that the intellectually rigorous fields such as mathematics, chemistry, etc. are significantly de-emphasized, and subjects that can be taught with rote memorization (language, geography) are given more importance. This is where the egregious amount of standardized testing comes into play. Instead of being taught critical thinking, students are forced to memorize factoids and taught how to regurgitate them during state testing.

TL;DR our government intentionally torpedoed our public education system because traditional academia is too difficult for blacks, and that leads to a very uncomfortable conversation that they didn't want to have.

What does that have to do with anything. And Belgium, homogenous? Mate only 59% of the population speak the dominant language there.

>Why can't America figure out education?
Because we have 10s of millions of shitskins.

Agreed, it doesn't have anything to do with ours being superior. You simply have a problem with your minorities who won't be able to keep up, you refuse to admit it and you try to throw money at the problem. Won't work.

Phase out the affirmative action, switch it to blind enrollment to prevent any form of racism and you'll likely have better results for it. Equal opportunity doesn't necessarily mean equal outcome.

Fun fact: When you remove blacks and Hispanics, US academic performance is on-par with Finland and other almost exclusively white and homogeneous European nations.

East Asians still dominant, though. Especially in math.

US pretty clearly has a demographic problem, not a funding or education problem.

>Pay Teachers Better In finland
>A meme this old
Citation please?
Fuck you commie and your fucking teachers union, you are part of the problem cunt.

>the problem is the system and/or funding
>not niggers
This shit ain't complicated. The only problems with the education system is lowering standards to accomadated "students" who shouldn't be in the system(niggers, spics, females).

#blaxit

Woah, not statistics.

Define
>one of the world's best education systems

read this book or be a retard forever. this book will give you a good idea why our education system is fucked

because of niggers and spics you eliminate them and the coast come down by almost half and our numbers in rankings go to number fucking 1.

We don't need standardized testing. We have it because corrupt school boards work hand in hand with wealthy testing companies to give huge payouts. Tests are something you can show drooling sheeple who fork over property taxes.

You end up with a school year devoted to preparing for a test. With much less thought given to actually teaching kids anything.

our military had a 98% literacy rate when school was voluntary and the state wasn't involved. look up Dewey and faggots of the sort.

>female """teachers"""
Here is the real problem. Of course this basically ties into money argument since men are trying to make bank and acquire resources.

>dude compulsory education is bad

as opposed to what?

If school is not mandatory for kids, what else would their options be?

Bring back child labor?

Allow roving gangs of 16 year olds just wandering the streets and forming retarded skateboard gangs like they do in japan?

Breddy mooch rasict

It really has nothing to do with the kids though. 98% of all MUH education system are just to promote the teachers union. (and the fact 12% of the teachers income goes back to the union and gets funneled to communist candidates) Public sector unions are pretty much money skimmers for certain political parties.

Again, reminder: This thread has nothing to do with educating kids.

>China
>A good education system
Good at teaching students how to cheat maybe.

If Finland, China, and Belgium have such great education then why haven't they gone to Mars yet?

how else do you propose having the students demonstrate that they have learned something, and having the teacher demonstrate that they have taught something?

The question-and-answer format of a test is a very simple way of doing this.

I ask you something that you're supposed to know
If you don't know it, you weren't paying attention
If nobody knows it, the teacher was doing a shitty job

perhaps the issue is funding. look at the schools where spics and niggers go to. They're in shambles with outdated books and infrastructure. Can you really say those students have an equal shot as someone in a better school, even when disregarding race and looking purely at the shit schools they go to?

Paying teachers more does not necessarily mean a better educational system.

"let the state act, then, instead that of the individual. let an institution be created which shall have for its object to keep the doctrines before the attention of the people, to reiterate them perpetually, and to teach them to the young, having at the same time power to prevent contrary doctrines from being taught, advocated, or expressed.
let all possible causes of a change of mind from men's apprehension. let them be kept ignorant, lest they should learn of some reason to think otherwise than they do. let their passions be enlisted, so that they may regard... unusual opinions with hatred and horror. then, let all men who reject established belief to be terrified into silence... let a list of opinions be drawn up to which no man of the least independence of thought can assent, and let the faithful be required to accept all these propositions in order to segregate them as radically as possible from the influence of the rest of the world"
- charles pierce of cambridge university

open source learning. what everyone who came to america relied on before. we adopted a prussian model of schooling

i know it's more complicated than that but we hold people back and don't educate them in the real world. the model now actually does a lot to prevent real learning
read

>china
>ditching stardardized education

if anything it's a factory of people

Yet they end up spending vast quantities of time teaching to the test, preparing for it and forming lesson plans about it. I understand this may be the agenda for some, but this makes for rote memorization of trivial factoids and useless knowledge without students fully and critically applying knowledge. A lack of critical thinking and problem solving skills makes for shitty people and shitty citizens overall.

Schools in the US are little more than glorified daycares, all the way through high school.

I went to a public school in the south suburbs of chicago, about 20% of the school was esl and had separate classes from everyone else. 35% mexican, 33% black, and the rest white.

Outside of esl, there were 3 levels of classes that people tested into at the beginning of school.
>honors/ap
>regular
>modified

Modified classes were for people who weren't literally retarded, but couldn't hope do pass a regular class, they were called the nigger classes by the white and mexicans who could actually speak english. Regular classes were mostly english speaking mexicans and white. Honors and ap were extremely small classes, mostly white with some mexicans, my largest ap class was 13 people, smallest was 3.

The major problem with american education is forcing people to be there who don't want to be and insisting on wasting money on them when it's meaningless to, as well as refusing to focus time, money and effort on people in the school who are actually worth a damn.

>also, we pay our teachers better than you
Probably 40% of teachers in the US aree unqualified to teach and are only pushed through because they're minorities. Teacher's unions shield and protect incompetence just to bolster their numbers and money. The unions fight any effort, no matter what it is, to impose some standards on teaching, while simultaneously constantly threatening or actually interrupting education of students with strikes demanding more money for doing a terrible job.

schools now are meant to create children

Two reasons really. The first is that Democrats keep lowering standards to try and get niggers to pass. The second is that the unions throw a fit anytime someone tries to make teachers accountable for their fuckups.

none of this is true but then again you do have a shitty education system so how would you know :(

>How do you plan on changing American culture??

By NK bombing it

read this niggers.
it's important. charles pierce was influential in academics

>What does that have to do with anything.
Niggers drop the average; standardized tests are designed to "correct" this by letting niggers memorize the answers instead of learning the concepts (it doesn't work). When I was in high school, the intelligence groupings (college prep/honors) were basically segregated. The problem is always niggers.

In truth our education system outputs mostly educated but still mediocre people who do ordinary work, lead ordinary lives, sneer at uneducated Americans when they watch youtube videos at their free time and won't invent shit. The prodigies, inventors, businessmen and true success stories flee to US and other countries because the taxes are so fucking high and we wouldn't have the manpower or resources to pull off anything cool anyways.

China uses standardized tests and exams like all other Asian countries.

Its not your education system that's dragging everyone down, its your culture. Your culture of pandering to people by lowering standards, giving in to complains from disrespectful and lazy asses, and not enforcing discipline adequately.

Granted, the US system is the most creative and productive in the world. But not for long if you keep letting your liberal types run the show on campuses.

The poorest white and Asian students still outperform the most affluent black and Hispanic students. Better funded schools would help, sure, but it still wouldn't account for racial differences in intelligence.

I work in public education. Demographics and its relationship to America's middling educational ranking is the elephant in the room no one will acknowledge. Instead, we try to cover up the problem with more and more bureucratic nonsense every year.

>China: same
No. Chink kids kill themselves after 12-hour school days + weekends

>Finland
Actually, Fin students only study four(4) hours per diem. For they realise that the brain can retain only so much information before it needs 'caching' (permanent storage, made during sleep), and that trying to 'brute force' education, is a zero sum game.

>burgers
With 350M fire arms on thr streets, accoutring the populace with intelligence AND a means by which in propagate thus, is a formula the Zionist elite knows is dangerously combustible...

I respect your opinion, but I think you're being too naive in your optimism.

How do intend to educate 15-year-old Daquan who wants to do nothing but go home and smoke blunts with his homies

70% of niggers and spics are literally toddler tier intelligence wise

why do teachers get paid in the first place when all they do is thumb through a textbook and handout homework that somebody else wrote up?

Standardized tests are important because they're the only way of measuring a teachers success rate. Any teacher can simply pass all of his or her students, and nobody will ever know if those kids have actually learned anything. The teacher can collect their check at the expense of the taxpayers without doing any work. With a standardized test, you can hold teachers accountable for their paychecks by measuring what their students have learned, and if that teacher isn't doing anything, you can get the teacher fired rather than continuing to pay them with our tax money.

The nigger infested high school I graduated from was a lot better funded than the podunk white Mississippi one I started at. Literally a brand new campus and free meals for every student.
Guess which one has more college grads 8 years later?

>What are Charter Schools?
>What are Magnet Schools?
>What are shitty teachers who just demand more money without actually doing more to earn it, instead just indoctrinating youth with backwards marxist bullshit?
Yeah, public schools are shit-tier. Other posters have already said the feds shouldn't be involved. The answer is shoveling more money into these bullshit establishments. The answer is putting your kids into private schools and, as parents, taking an active role in their education. Fuck public school teachers who try to politicize every fucking subject, even math classes. I hope they die poor and starving for what they've done to America's kids tbqfhf. A lot of these teachers don't give one single fuck about jaquan or tommy or susie, they're just like the auto industry that ran the shit in the ground because they wanted $50/hr. for screwing a rear-view mirror onto a car.

No literally. And if we did a study to reveal this, MY GOD THAT IS RACIST. Fucking left kills everything.

That's a straight up bullshit argument, the school I went to was mostly blacks and mexicans. For my year, the average ACT score was 15. The lowest score of anyone who I was in classes with in honors/ap classes was a 25. The school I went to was one of the poorest in the state.

A minor modification to this, user.

>The major problem with american education is forcing people to be there who don't want to be and insisting on wasting money on them when it's meaningless to, as well as refusing to focus time, money and effort on people in the school who are actually worth a damn.

>The major problem with american education is forcing people to be there who don't want to be and insisting on wasting money on them when it's meaningless to

A kid not wanting to be in school doesn't necessarily mean it's meaningless or futile to educate them; surprise surprise, most kids aren't very diligent or concerned with their long term success, and just forcing them to be there and learn is often enough for them to actually learn.
No shit that most kids would rather be doing something else than school (or at least most or some of its subjects), but when that choice to do something else is taken away, they'll behave and act sufficiently well.

Now, that's not to say that half-retarded niggers should be forced through anyways; there's a huge difference between "Kids who don't want to be there but will still learn and do well enough to enter the workforce" and "There is literally no hope for this kid. Graduating middle school alone would be a miracle for them"

>The answer ISN'T*

wow thats a complete lie !

in china they have all day schools but still have SHITLOADS of homeworks !!

who made that meme is a fucking impostor and a liar ( probably an ignorant subhuman aka leftist )

the best way to imporove the edication system btw would be to kick out government and then to kick out the leftist scum.

It could help, but we'd be better off ditching the current educational model entirely. Refocus grades 6-8 on learning practical educational skills (how to handle a bank account, how to read critically, etc). Around that time, separate out the "college tier" students from the rest. They go on to a system of learning similar to what we have now. The rest basically go to slightly more generalist trade schools, with a focus on creating employable skilled laborers at graduation.

since when China don't have standardized test?

If you pay teachers more you get a different pool of people becoming teachers. Every teacher I know is a ditzy party girl who went for an easy major and I try to explain to them that they would be out of work if they had to compete with PhDs looking for that hire paycheck.

I literally learned more from Sup Forums in my childhood than public school (which almost turned me into a communist trap feminist)

The Underground History of American Education by John Taylor Gatto. Just saying.

On the contrary, there's nothing intrinsically wrong with a national school system (not that there's anything wrong with state or municipal run systems either).

The problem, of course, is that the standards set by such a national system have to be broad and wide enough to apply nearly equally across the nation. This is a pretty good idea, considering how interconnected the states are as opposed to in the 1800's, for example, but it ultimately still needs to give leeway to the states and municipalities to fine tune standards within the context of national standards.

At the very least, a national education system sets the minimum standard for all the states; the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM that they are required to teach students, or face legal repercussion.

The states should then be free to go beyond these standards, or expand on them, but it would at its core be a mechanism to ensure basic academic skills and understanding of modern knowledge.

This too. Colleges need to return to the places of higher learning and higher character they once were, rather than being a glorified High School 2: Electric Boogaloo that's implicitly mandatory anyways, but students don't even have the benefit of it being taxpayer funded like primary education was.

too many blacks and mexicans so the jews passed no child left behind and now we're super fucked.

color me suprised

Yeah, my choice of wording was bad, I was mostly talkign about people being intentionally disruptive or causing problems. The first half of the year there was generally at least 1 fight per day. It was usually "gang related". Sometimes there were group fights. I'm pretty sure most of the male teachers were hired for their ability to break fights up, since most of them were fucking jacked, and there was always at least one with a black eye or bruise somewhere from getting hit.

Every day after school there were 5+ police cars around the building when we were getting out, just to make sure no one started shit after school, it was at least 10, from 2 different towns, on fridays.

The major focus of the administration at my school was attendance and "discipline" rather than education. Even the most basic "teach to the test" education was secondary/

Without standardized testing those same corrupt school boards will just resort to grade inflation. The solution is to remove the corruption from the school boards

Are you fucking kidding me? Every region in America spends more on blacks than it does in whites. My public school in Iowa received 8000 per pupil and it was one of the top public schools in the state. We had about approximately 1-2 non - white kids per class if 100-125.

Schools are designed to produce statists.

Detroit Schools get like $13,000 per student, some of the most in the US. They perform the worst. Administrators steal all the money. But yea, let's just throw more money at it! That will fix it!

I audited them, they steal fucking everything.

unions, libtards, niggers failing

It's almost like stop testing students makes it easier to claim students are doing better. Sounds like fucking communist crap.

Right, because blacks can manage fact regurgitation even when they have no conceptual understanding at all. It is astonishing to see this if you've never witnessed it.

There is currently a movement to eliminate algebra requirements in college *precisely because* blacks are less likely to pass those classes.

Payment of teachers isn't equivocal to quality of education. It's availability of resources to the students and self-motivation. If we were to truly compete with the world it would take major demolition and then construction of new schools with a multi-floor approach. No more grade succession, either. For those great in one subject wouldn't need worry about pass/fail grade. Just pass/ fail class.

This is factually wrong and teachers unions fight all the time for more pay while actively fighting AGAINST any attempt to hold them to higher standards as teachers. It's the exact same as faggots who don't want to work asking for more welfare money but fight tooth and nail against any improvements to the system like drug-testing welfare recipients.
There's nothing wrong with state or municipal run systems I'll agree with you there. What American public schools have become, however, is a federally-mandated marxist-based indoctrination program. States and municipals have overwhelmingly rejected the shit over and over again and, instead of relying on it's intrinsic merits, the totalitarian feds have said "teach our curriculum or die" in the fiscal sense of the word.
>At the very least, a national education system sets the minimum standard for all the states; the ABSOLUTE MINIMUM that they are required to teach students
Again, not a bad idea if you live in a perfect world, but the left has absolutely fucked up this premise and have proven time and again they don't hold minorities and "at-risk" kids to the same standard and push them through (even fake their grades) just to get them out of the school and drop them in everyone else's lap.

Despite what you've been taught, not everyone can "be whatever you want" because most people are not wired or simply cannot be taught to be doctors or lawyers or whatever. And that's okay because we still need garbage truck drivers and factory workers and general labor. The problem is, the left has pushed this bullshit that Tyrone Jenkim Trash Collector (age 10) needs to just get more attention and he could become that rocket scientist he was always meant to be. It's a flawed system at it's base and deserves to go bankrupt. People with an actual desire to learn and be greater or do bigger things will find a way, they always have.

We actually pay more, on a per capita basis, trying to educate blacks than we do educating whites. That money gets eaten up on the higher salaries for personnel, fees for security guards, and higher maintenance costs. All these higher costs are a direct result of the conduct of the black students, whose predilection for violence and vandalism, chases away teachers and administrators and cause high rates of damage to the physical plant of the schools.

Exactly. Everything makes sense once you realize that the main motivation is to conceal the fact that blacks do worse than whites and Asians.

The motivation is *not* to fix the problem. If you wanted to do that, you'd harp on the differences and use them to secure funding. The motivation is to be able to pretend that those differences don't exist.

This only harms black people, but the SJWs don't care about that.

Because we pay teachers $30k

Anyone else think Black Nationalism would catch on if presented? Genuine question.

Right. We've got to support access to abortion for black women. Abortions should be readily available in every black neighborhood--as available as malt liquor and weaves.

There's no evidence that warrants the exclusion of females. On average, females score substantially higher on verbal tests and slightly lower on math tests.

wtf, i love Finland now.... I agree and we need to do this before we get even dumber.

Let's pretend the data is perfectly infallible, that blacks struggle more with "our" standards of what is intellect. If we know this for sure, then why aren't we figuring out a REAL solution, instead of throwing money at them 0(which gets wasted) or AA (which lowers the bar, which is a perfect example of racism itself!).

If they would just admit it's more difficult for them, then we could dedicate more to their advancement. If you claim that we are all equal, then you are denying their support. This is the hypocrisy the """""progressive"""""" spew DAILY. They claim that bias is racist, but simultaneously demand that minorities need more support than whites. What is it?

I'm not asking for the end result to be fucking perfect, but to simply reduce the gap. If we could all finally be true to ourselves, then maybe we would get somewhere. fucking faggot libs

This is a problem, but the underlying issue is that the apelets will destroy almost everything of value. Talk to someone who's taught in a black school and they'll tell you. It's awful for the few responsible black children who are stuck in the mire.

i honestly believe that this is because america refuses to accept that there are differences between people. america should have a tiered school system with 3 tiers that you test into.

>nig nogs bring all the averages down
>why is american eduation so bad!
>we need mo money for dem programs

>3 homogenous countries figured out what works for their people

fpbp lmao

I don't get this hippie attitude towards school that some liberals have.

Japan, South Korea, Taiwan and Singapore all dominant math/reading scores, and they all have strict curriculums,

Short answer? Niggers

1>we need mo money for dem programs
2>we need mo money for dem programs
3>we need mo money for dem programs
4>we need mo money for dem programs
5>we need mo money for dem programs
6>we need mo money for dem programs
7>we need mo money for dem programs
8>we need mo money for dem programs
9>we need mo money for dem programs
10>we need mo money for dem programs
11>we need mo money for dem programs
12>we need mo money for dem programs
13>we need mo money for dem programs
14>we need mo money for dem programs
15>we need mo money for dem programs
16>we need mo money for dem programs
17>we need mo money for dem programs
18>we need mo money for dem programs
19>we need mo money for dem programs
20>we need mo money for dem programs
21>we need mo money for dem programs
22>we need mo money for dem programs
23>we need mo money for dem programs
24>we need mo money for dem programs
25>we need mo money for dem programs
.>we need mo money for dem programs
.>we nefed mo money for dem programs
.>we need vV@#y3gh`3g#$#!$#$MH
>we need mo money for gdem programs
>we need mo money fogrh d343gem programs
>we need mo money for dem g134g4programs
>we need3g4 mgfo mone-y for deykjprograms
>we need mgwo money for dem programs
>we need ollujdymo mgoney for dem programs
>we neer3^d mo mon-99ey for dem programs
>we need -GRFGAmo money for dem programs
>we need mo mwe need mP{imo morthney for dem programs
>w79900-e need mo money for dem programs
>we need mo m-oney for dem programs

......tyrone

Mathematics is stressed more in those nations and for good reasons.

>lol why doesn't a jewish run nation want to educate their citizens lol

Yeah, I teach at a college that has an education school. Holy God, those people are stupid. The profs and the students both--I don't think I've ever met an Ed.D with an IQ above 100. Plus a lot of girls are there for the good old Mrs. degree.

We do much better with the students who major in a regular subject and then go on to teach it in middle or high school. Those people typically know something.

I work in a black majority school in a citt that has funds and let me tell you, the only shambles here come from uppity students who break furniture by throwing things, sometimes as young as five. The school system spends so much on feeding them, they don't even require kids to bring school supplies anymore, the district supplies everything, even backpacks.
You can only polish a turd so much

Fucking retarded cunt
Which country truly has good education? Or are you going by the retarded list, that goes by the amount of people that are using it.

School(before colege) should be to create working citizens, that are involved and know about politics(laws, theory, and such), that are rational, and can develop on any interest. It should prepare for living on your own, explaining tax, and shit like that.

But no it's structure to prepare you for college. There are no schools in the entire world, that prepares kids to be citizens, so don't compare american shit, to european one.

Those...those gears....

AAAAAARGH

ask Dominic Spinoza

What nations are not jew run by now?

>China: same
>Belgium: same

I bet they are very different from Finland. Did China and Belgium even get rid of homework?

Nobody wants to admit that we have a nigger problem.

why didn't they just put a gear in the center called "communication" ???? then it would be mechanically and metaphorically correct

FUCKK YOUUUUUUUUUUUU

America spends more money per student than any other country in the world.

It ain't funding.

This. You spend all your time teaching kids how to follow only one standard of thinking and not critical thinking. Learning what is on a test does not make you superior to someone who figured out how to surpass it..

You don't. You spend your time with your own kids and then they can move forward in life. It is not about anyone else in that case but your own kid. We have a vast array of knowledge to sift through now that is closely moved in one direction, and a sheep of people who follow it.

You are correct. I have seen this firsthand many times. Everyone knows it, especially the teachers in the ""underprivileged"" schools. Nobody will say the unspeakable truth, instead we just throw more time, money, and resources at the problem. The results are always the same, if not worse.

Homogenize the people, exclude the dirt farmers from participation.