If Americans Can Find North Korea on a Map, They’re More Likely to Prefer Diplomacy

nytimes.com/interactive/2017/05/14/upshot/if-americans-can-find-north-korea-on-a-map-theyre-more-likely-to-prefer-diplomacy.html

Other urls found in this thread:

archive.is/TwcOv
archive.fo/TwcOv
twitter.com/NSFWRedditVideo

Remember to archive archive.is/TwcOv

I'm a big fan.

If diplomacy is you letting yourself get raped, go be diplomatic in europe faggot

Wasn't there a survey that showed Republicans are more likely to identify Korea on a map than democrats?

Good diplomacy is convincing them you are itching to nuke em if they give you any excuse.

>We want diplomacy drumpftards! Trump is a warmonger
>WE NEED WAR WITH RUSSIA NOW! RUSSIA IS THE NEW OVERLORDS OF THE UNIVERSE AND DRUMPLET IS JUST SUCKING PUTINS COCK LIKE THE SPY HE IS!!! EXECUTE DRUMPF AND NUKE RUSSIA BECAUSE IT WAS HER TURN!!!!!!

New York Times was pro war as fuck when it came to Iraq, and ignored Obama's various adventures in Syria and Libya. Why all of a sudden did they 180

Why are you posting a drumpfkin image?

>What drives these differences? Simple partisanship is one possibility. On average, Republicans – and Republican men in particular – were more likely to correctly locate North Korea than Democratic men. And Republicans were more likely to be in favor of almost all the diplomatic solutions posed by the researchers. (Women tended to find North Korea at similar rates, regardless of party.)

I hope Pyongyang gets glassed.

I have to question what China's long term plan is with North Korea, it clearly only gets worse and worse, and the potential for a refugee crisis of starving Koreans when it finally snaps will only grow similarly I imagine. If they can't agree to some sort of solution with others they'll have no reason to help China with those refugees fleeing to them.

Can't there just be a deal where the fat manchild retires to a mansion somewhere to make crazy videos to himself and the Korean War basically ends?

No shit people can't find anything on the map. Have you tried googling ''world map'' images?
None of the pictures can be viewed. You click on a 3500 × 2085 map and it's just a blurry mess. You click try to look at another map and it's access denied, you click another and it's 404 missing.
The only maps you can look at all mock maps.
Google is intentionally keeping people away from looking at maps because they know google search is how people find things.

ronald glumpf happened

preferring diplomacy doesn't exclude using violence when provoked

>google.com/maps

You might be retarded

When it comes to nuclear powers with mass bombardment capability that's been entrenched since the fucking 50's and waiting for this apocalyptic shit 35 miles from a major Pacific ally's capital and paranoid, belligerent leaders I always prefer diplomacy. If we or our friends get hit we reserve the right to parking lot them though.

Considering how triggered America gets over some Gooks China sees that their serving their purpose quite well

I don't know how people actually think a sitting US president, republican or democrat, wouldn't invade or bomb the shit out of a country if they nuked or even attempted to nuke us.

It's like when someone you don't agree with becomes president you lose all ability to reason. The people who said "we need to stand behind our president no matter what the results are" are now acting like the same people who begged for someone to "take one for the team" and kill Obama. Shit's crazy and it needs to stop.

No one uses google maps, retard. Try image searching it.

Glad to see you brother.

That's what I've been scratching my head over since the NK thing resurfaced, China is in a lose-lose situation here, either they admit they can't let this continue and tell Kim to fuck off and put someone sane in charge or absorb NK into China, or someone, most likely the US, ends the regime and China has a new neighbor they probably won't like. It seems like any sane person would choose one of the first two options, because then China still has that land as a buffer and they don't have US military knocking on their door.

>giving a fuck where other nations are
this is what liberals and faggot euros dont understand. we just dont fucking care because they just dont matter to us. just dont even think about them

>might be

Who the fuck says that North Korea is in fucking India... How uneducated do you have to be.

>Diplomacy

Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie' until you can find a rock.

Yep, I think even Kim knows that the moment he lets one of those nukes fly at an actual target he has about ten minutes to kiss his ass goodbye.

>nytimes
>shitting on americans
who cares what some fucking jews think

Have you not somehow heard Kim has stated flatly there is nothing about which he is open for diplomatic negotiations?

He will not negotiate if we are going to ask him to stop testing nukes and ICBM's He will say we are being evil for sanctioning his right to self determinations and we have nukes why not him? LEAVE HIM ALONE AND WE OUGHT TO HAVE NOTHING TO FEAR...

IF WE CLAIM WE HAVE SOME RIGHT TO DEFINE HIM AS A THREAT TO US OR OUR ALLIES ACCORDING TO OUR OWN DEFINITIONS WHY SHOULD HE PLAY BALL?

That's completely retarded. WTF this is just like school yard rumor mill bullshit.

Like OMG did you know that people who can actually find Korea are more peaceful?? Guess we know what the smart approach is!

I prefer binging world map, they give better results.

Real talk: what the fuck do you mean by not the real map? Are you under the impression we live in Pangaea?

I can find North Korea easily and let me tell ya; SEND THE BOYS IN!

Diplomacy, but do not set a precedent of gibs where the world will follow
alos
>considering the opinion of people who cant find NK on the map
The Jews.

>Republican men were more likely to find North Korea on a map than their democratic counterparts

*Sips tea*

Oopsie doopsy Democrapples :) looks like your lack of education shines through again. Doodle dahdle la la la :) poople tinkles hehaha

Cucks.

I mean shit like this.
Half of the image results are inaccessible, and the ones that you can actually view are all this shit, retarded mock maps that give you no information whatsoever.
The average person is just going to google search ''world map'', not find what he is looking for and give up. That is the truth. These ''hurr hurr ur retarded, you don't even know about google.com/maps LOL XDDDD'' idiots are fucking retarded. This is just straight up dunning kruger effect.

If men can find a mouth on a women, they're more likely to prefer oral sex.
Fuck off.

yes.

>Democrapples

Lefties tend to think that food and water come from a grocery store.

There was even a thread here earlier from some cunt who claimed he lived in a ""rural"" area, but drove into the city a few times a week to buy bottled water.

Liberals don't know how to wipe their own ass properly, let alone how to find anything on a map (LOL poorfag, just use GPS!!1!!!).
I almost wish I could see the looks on their faces when their pet niggers eat them.

>nytimes

lick my sack

RIP Itaewan.
Hooker Hill will be sorely missed.

Cartographer/Trump voter here. I know where NK is on a map better than any little cumstain at babysittingadultcollegestudents.com. Their geographic location isn't the fucking problem. Their wagging nukes at us every few minutes is. The time for diplomacy is past. Kim Jong Un is past his expiration date, and frankly, China and Russia wouldn't bat an eye if he were to be dissolved off their plates. They have enough to deal with, without backing up some noob shitsmear who has turned his nation into more of a liability than an asset. Neither China nor Russia is going to tangle with us because Kimmy's mouth wrote a check his fat fucking ass can't cash. Check em.

What kind of retard do you have to be to not at least recognize Australia and not pick it?

Here's a good real map of the Earth

Eh, fuck it. Digits or not, I'm right.

Not if you have the sense to attach a camera to a weather balloon.

China can't absorb NK because NK is Korea, not China. It would be disastrous.

South Korea, Japan, and SE asia would see it as a power grab by China and even if there wasn't a war over it, it would ratchet tensions immensely. All of those regions are vital to American interests, and they would probably put a lot of pressure on the US to take control of some NK territory (go to war). So it is not worth it for China to do this.

The US cannot end the regime because NK's close proximity to SK (Seoul is only a few miles from the border) would all but guarantee massive casualties for SK, which of course would be the US's fault because of the war declaration. Not to mention the rest of Asia and the world would be strongly displeased with US declaring another war.

Kim Jong Un is basically stuck in an impossible situation. On the one hand, he is basically a vassal of China. But his country is ethnically Korean, so he has to maintain independence from China. On the other, his party is completely ideologically opposed to the US and by extension its ally SK. But.. SK is Korea. Many families got split right down the middle during the Korean War. So the issue is out of Jong Un's hands. And in the mean time, his people are starving and his economy sucks because all of the money from the Soviet Bloc evaporated decades ago and he has to maintain power somehow.

And a small portion of it is that NK actually believes in Juche, which is their core ideology which has been fleshed out over decades. Being NK is hard.

No wonder your ping sucks, M8.

Also, we have war games for NK, of course. But it would be literally the "last resort" option, and would probably only happen if NK did something drastic to SK. By drastic, I mean, basically a full assault on SK.

Anything less would just be met with a heavier US security presence at the DMZ and some increased defense infrastructure.

Of course, NK won't do this, because China would be very mad at them if they did (Because China would know that the US would put more troops and infrastructure at the DMZ). So from NK's point of view, such a thing would be a huge gamble. China is keeping the country afloat through the limited aid and trade they do with NK and so they have a lot of leverage to punish NK if NK does something China doesn't like.

Are problem isn't North Korea it's South Korea, as in it will be South Korea we're at odds with when it's finnally time for them to take over the north and it's starving citizens.

Apparently we're actually surprisingly good at reading maps, I've always been at least.

>Are problem

Take a picture of this faggot.
Show it to your children when they ask "why is second grade important?"

Our problem isn't North Korea it's South Korea, as in it will be South Korea we're at odds with when it's finally time for them to take over the north and it's starving citizens.

fixed

Is there even anything in North Korea worth taking?
South Korea itself is probably enough of an economic powerhouse to not give a shit about it too much, at least I would hope that's their mindset, more important is a stable fucking neighbor.

Now it is confirmed.

Anyone on Sup Forums suggesting that (((they))) want war with North Korea are shills.
>John McCain doesn't want it.
>CNN doesn't want it.
>New York Times doesn't want it.
>Democrats don't want it.
>Twitter "blue-checks" don't want it.
I feel like the Jews are playing the short game with this one. They want North Korea to attack first so that they can blame Trump.

I can find North Korea on a map. I prefer diplomacy.

Guess what, we tried diplomacy, it didn't work, so now the only thing left if fucking their shit up if they actually try something.

nobody's calling for war with russia, just, you know, safeguards against them interfering in the democratic process. but by all means please keep jerkin' it to that strawman

>"I'm going to continue to push for a no-fly zone and safe havens within Syria not only to help protect the Syrians and prevent the constant outflow of refugees, but to, frankly, gain some leverage on both the Syrian government and the Russians so that perhaps we can have the kind of serious negotiation necessary to bring the conflict to an end and go forward on a political track." -Hillary Clinton

Let me translate, with the doublespeak:
>"I'm going to shoot down Russian jets in Syrian airspace. I'm now going to lie to you all and claim that this will cool the conflict down instead of literally start WWIII."

>included tasmania

aww

Diplomacy is what gave them nuclear capabilities in the first place. Upper north east corner of china faggot

>Are problem

You don't get off that easy, nigger.
>Nun-uh. I done deleted are earlier posts!!

Faggot.

>American Democrats and especially women can't find North Korea

imagine my shock.

it literally borders china [a massive landmass]
how dafuq can you not remember something so easy as the raletive location to china

>Just 36 percent got it right.

NUKE AMERICA NOW
JUST DO IT
PLEASE

>find America on a map

>NUKE AMERICA NOW
t. 1136ms ping

Stop spreading misinformation?
From the same article.
archive.fo/TwcOv

i can find it, no i dont want diplomacy, i want them gooks to fuckin burn

A sample size of 1746 people isn't particularly conclusive especially if the difference is in the single digits of percentage.
Just overall that 2/3 people roughly can't get it is pretty bad itself.
There's a really strange dip in the age numbers from 45-54, where the rest are 35% or higher, they're in 25%.
As one would expect, higher education higher number, but still only 53% for post-graduates.

>Google is intentionally keeping people away from looking at maps
>Well there's google.com/maps which is always available
>NOBODY USES THAT
full retard

>On average, Republicans – and Republican men in particular – were more likely to correctly locate North Korea than Democratic men. And Republicans were more likely to be in favor of almost all the diplomatic solutions posed by the researchers

I went to South Korea a few years ago. We visited the DMZ.
The cult that follows Kim Jong Un would never as a whole integrate back into a united Korea peacefully. That time has passed as the brothers separated during the war are dying out. There may some outliers who somehow escaped all the brainwashing propaganda and realize how horrible their reality is, but my comments stand.

Burn North Korea to the ground and start over.