/dgg/ - DeGoogling General

Friendly reminder that if you're a person who respects their individual privacy and freedom, there is no reason to be using the products created by the botnet that is the Google company.

There is a plethora of options available for you to replace your Google apps that are lighter, faster and better in general, including respect for freedom and privacy.

>search engine?
SearX, DuckDuckGo, StartPage, Yandex (Soviet Botnet)
>browser?
Brave, IceCat, various Firefox forks, Opera, Lightning for mobile
>email?
Self Host, cock.li, Proton Mail, Hotmail (Still Botnet) Yandex (Soviet Botnet)
>cloud storage?
Syncthing, ownCloud, Nextcloud
app store?
F-Droid, Yalp for Play Store front end
>YouTube?
NewPipe for mobile, not signing in on desktop
>SMS/Hangouts?
XMPP, Signal.
>calendar?
Nextcloud, ownCloud, RadiCAL,
>keep?
NextCloud, keep it in your emails.
>news?
RSS client, Librenews

List of Software you can Self-Host
github.com/Kickball/awesome-selfhosted

NextCloud Providers
nextcloud.com/providers/

OwnCloud Providers,
owncloud.org/providers/

WebMail Comparison
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_webmail_providers

Brave sucks, you cant click on the url to modify just a part of it, it keeps highlighting the whole text, annoying as fuck

Brave browser is good

I agree.

What on earth are you talking about?

>tryna sell me Brave

You are unworthy of this forum.

I've seen you post this 5+ times.

Are you a Google spy? You could conceivably post that picture in hopes of people sharing it around the internet. You could then trace their online footprints back to Sup Forums and blackmail them like CNN.

thank you based bimodal doodle bot

Thank you based "thank you based bimodal doodle bot" bot

Wire for video and text messaging.

my work here is done

Google is tricking you into self censorship and abandoning its platforms, which is exactly what they want you to do.

By all means, do all you can to hurt them financially. That's easy enough to do using ad blockers. Advertising is their only real source of revenue.

But not using YouTube or not using their search engine is exactly what they want. You're helping them control and manipulate the public narrative in their favor.

Remember folks, this bullshit diversity memo controversy came out just a day after Anons discovered that YouTube was using a censorship algorithm to target conservative accounts. The fake diversity memo controversy was created to bury the real story, which is the censorship of YouTube through automated means.

You people took the bait hard.

This

ANYONE ELSE NOT ABLE TO GET ON Sup Forums ON CHROME?

What about OG Firefox?

Alex is a fucking Google.

Using Brave as my default browser and DuckDuckGo as search engine. It fine.

how good is the adblocking. I'm used to Firefux and ublock origin.

> G^^gle
Looks like a jew nose.

>search engine?
StartPage
>browser?
Comodo Dragon or Ice
>email?
private, secure, offshore, paid (you cheap bastards)
>cloud storage?
private, secure, offshore, paid (you cheap bastards)
freeloaders get what they pay for

I use google drive a lot and I need a google account for YouTube. My websites also require a google account to be verified and crawled by webmaster tools. Google seems to be the only search engine with a maps feature and being able to search images by size, license etc

I attempted this a few years ago when I became aware of G's data collection practices, but this is impractical. Google search engine is just far ahead of any competition, sometimes it can even answer a question.

I fully agree Google should be fighted against but we need to come up with something practical.

Buying a Sup Forums pass so you don't contribute to Captcha would be a way to fight the power.

I have an google-android phone wtf do I do? Also I'm a poorfag so
>just buy a new One duh
Won't work

Jesus Christ.

You're actually right.

>Buying a Sup Forums pass so you don't contribute to Captcha would be a way to fight the power.

Implying Sup Forums isn't controlled by kikes.

I have one major problem with Brave, every time I change my keyboard layout with alt-shift it opens the File menu which needs to be clicked away with mouse before I can type. It's so fucking annoying because I have to do that something like 100 times every day. Brave is literally the only program that does that. Sure I could change the hotkey but I've used it for a decade and it's very easy for the left hand, and it needs to be easy because I get tendonitis in my left hand if I have to stretch my fingers. Ffs why does it do that?