Face it, that google employee deserved to be fired. He said some dumb shit, made Google have a PR shit storm...

Face it, that google employee deserved to be fired. He said some dumb shit, made Google have a PR shit storm, and all the kekistan fags are shouting 'muh freedom of speech' and getting butthurt over him getting sacked.

google is a fucking company not the government. Get over it and get back to jerking over anime

Other urls found in this thread:

usa.gov/labor-laws#item-192580
usa.gov/labor-laws#item-34977
usa.gov/labor-laws#item-35277
ask.superlawyers.com/california/wrongful-termination/can-i-sue-a-company-for-wrongful-termination-in-california/a9654c11-ca45-46be-9339-5dd6fd02618a.html
acm.org/about/se-code
assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3914586/Googles-Ideological-Echo-Chamber.pdf
diversitymemo.com/
stieglerlawfirm.com/2017/08/08/google-break-law-firing-employee-controversial-memo-yes/
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>that flag
sage

get out from this board summerfag

>More interested in political posturing than in efficient workers

Google's death will affect us all, but only hurt the worst of us.

Not even a fucking example of what "dumb" he said

>he said some dumb shit
>I didn't read the manifesto- the post

Fucking retard

Guess I'll wait for the substantive responses

He went off on some TJ Kirk bullshit about how feminists are ruining the company, read the same shit a thousand times, it's the same old crap.

You think google should've kept him on? You think they'd be that retarded?

they violated the US labour laws in firing him for pointing out stuff that would make the work place ineffective, and I thought commies cared for the workers and hated rich capitalists?

i would say he deserved to be reprimanded, but not fired. he brought up some legitimate points, and software companies are not held accountable enough given the amount of influence they have.

Was he wrong? Nope

Still ne example given

what labor laws did google violate. Last time I checked you can fire someone just cos u don't like them

Repeat after me: private companies don't have to follow the 1st amendmant

I think google shouldn't be hypocritical. They either stand up for free speech or they should admit they are a radical left company

He shared the memo with people before this.
They all said reasonable things to him. Nothing really came of it.
Then the whores read it and freaked the fuck out.
Who actually has the problem?

It talked on an open forum that google promoted for its employees. why should he have been reprimanded again?

You think after all the clean up Google has had to do and damage control that he's worth it for them? They 100% made the right call.

I'm sure he'll be able to make a living featuring on stefan moyneux's channel

They never stood for free speech only free (((information)))

That's a private dictatorship.

Google is saved by having it's tentacles in every conceivable orifice of the internet.

for writing 10pages when it could have been shortened

Because every major news network covered it and now Google has unprecedented scrutiny over it's employment practices. He's a fucking dumbass for promoting it and making it go viral.

If you work in a company full of libtards like google, you think it's a good idea to vent your autistic outbursts to the whole company and then spread it outside the company?

He might be smart at programming but he's obviously not savvy

you've obviously never held a job

get back to your anime senpai

nothing wrong with jerking off to anime desu schmesu

you can not hire them on those grounds but firing is a very different ball game. they broke here are some sources

usa.gov/labor-laws#item-192580
usa.gov/labor-laws#item-34977
usa.gov/labor-laws#item-35277

the second one is what he was addressing in the manifesto

Jerking off to anime is worse than being a homosexual

>usa.gov/labor-laws#item-35277
from your link
' an employer can let an employee go for any reason, or no reason, with or without notice, as long as the discharge does not violate a law.'

What's your point? you just seemed to have proven mine. Google shuld've fired him and it was well within their rights to do so

I support Damore but... I mean, did you watch that Molyneux interview? He didn't even realize he was playing with fire. Guy simply isn't that smart, he's basically a high functioning autist. I can totally get being why Google would fire him now, even though I hate SJWs.

>dumbass
>autistic
I would have to disagree. He may have been expecting the outcry and still went with it.
A company as large as Google should be held to ethical standards.
The leaking of the memo and subsequent responses have shown otherwise. Therefore, I commend his actions.

which ethical standards?

does this suit your tardness? ask.superlawyers.com/california/wrongful-termination/can-i-sue-a-company-for-wrongful-termination-in-california/a9654c11-ca45-46be-9339-5dd6fd02618a.html

Freedom of Speech is not freedom from consequence
This. Employment is at will. Unless you have union protection, you can be fired at any time for any reason that does not violate a law. Causing harm to the company via your speech is grounds for termination.

>google is a company
more like the fucking borg. you don't quite understand the depth and reach they have, no? idgaf about that guy, but we should all be fighting this menace before it consumes even more of us

He was a mouth breathing aspergers retard in the Jordan P interview, but the doc he wrote was genius. It BTFO that Google poo CEO they have.

It is impermissible and unlawful to terminate an employee because of any of the following:

Physical disability (FEHA or ADA)
Mental disability
Use of Family Medical Leave (FMLA or CFRA)
Pregnancy
Race
Religion or religious practices
Sexual orientation (i.e. homosexual, bi-sexual, etc.)
Gender identity (i.e. transgender, etc.)
Pregnancy or maternity leave
National origin
Political affiliation
Constructive termination - hostile work environment
Retaliation for workplace health and safety complaints
Retaliation for complaining about unpaid wages or overtime
Retaliation for reporting Labor Code violations, such as failure to provide meal or rest breaks
Retaliation against health care workers for reporting patient safety concerns

Which one of these would you say google violated by terminating him? It's not political affiliation, that document wasn't political in the slightest

Turn our country into a north korea, or idiocracy.

ACM/IEEE Software Engineering Code of Ethics for starters
>acm.org/about/se-code

> get back to jerking over anime

As a commie you know what happens when a person dares to tell the truth

1. PUBLIC - Software engineers shall act consistently with the public interest.

2. CLIENT AND EMPLOYER - Software engineers shall act in a manner that is in the best interests of their client and employer consistent with the public interest.

3. PRODUCT - Software engineers shall ensure that their products and related modifications meet the highest professional standards possible.

4. JUDGMENT - Software engineers shall maintain integrity and independence in their professional judgment.

5. MANAGEMENT - Software engineering managers and leaders shall subscribe to and promote an ethical approach to the management of software development and maintenance.

6. PROFESSION - Software engineers shall advance the integrity and reputation of the profession consistent with the public interest.

7. COLLEAGUES - Software engineers shall be fair to and supportive of their colleagues.

8. SELF - Software engineers shall participate in lifelong learning regarding the practice of their profession and shall promote an ethical approach to the practice of the profession.

1-8 Which ethical standard was google violating?

>Tell the truth
>He said some dumb shit
Orwellian dystopia.

he gets a picture of jordan peterson as a reply on an imageboard?

yes, and as shown in the manifesto he was reporting labour code violations, of hiring discriminatingly for black, trans, Muslim, women as they love the retarded stack.

>he thinks google will die because some Sup Forums fags got butthurt
lol nah, they aren't going anywhere

so you want people to stop hiring white people because it's hip and trendy and just hire degenerate scum?

Except there was nothing like that in his essay.
Look at these kikes straight up lying about the contents of the document.

>He said some dumb shit
No he didn't you FAGGOT

assets.documentcloud.org/documents/3914586/Googles-Ideological-Echo-Chamber.pdf

>Pregnancy

This one.

Not even gonna bother with this one, but I will bump it to show Sup Forums how dumb people can be.

'Retaliation for reporting Labor Code violations, such as failure to provide meal or rest breaks'

You're saying he was reporting no rest breaks? labour code violations aren't the same as hiring practices.

No. If I had what *I* want, there'd be no degenerate scum.

But if we have to have them, then at we should be able to express true facts about them without being purged and persecuted.

that's an example, do you know what an example is?

i lol'd

>7.05. Give a fair hearing to the opinions, concerns, or complaints of a colleague.
>7.07. Not unfairly intervene in the career of any colleague; however, concern for the employer, the client or public interest may compel software engineers, in good faith, to question the competence of a colleague.
>8.07 Not give unfair treatment to anyone because of any irrelevant prejudices.

You sound like you're between the ages of 13-15

That or you're a troll, either way leave the thread

fair doos
but ethical standards don't mean shit if they aren't written into law, how could you hold google to these standards?

>point out relevant facts
>you must be 15
Nice try. If you don't want an argument, you should go back to plebbit. Then you can le downboat all the responses you don't like until they're hidden.

plus the document wasn't crying about hiring pracitces, it was complaining about internal teams within google being forced to have women and black people in them.

you seem to be brick walling at this point

>point out relevant facts
>Look at these kikes straight up lying about the contents of the document.

where are these relevant facts? All I see is another butthurt Nazi complaining about jews again.

1945 called and they want their failed ideology back

>Constructive termination - hostile work environment

You're just being willfully obtuse, he's going to rake in millions from the lawsuit.

PS nice cosplay to not be butt fucked ya commie niggow

If he pointed to unfair hiring practices then fair doos you have a point. But as I said he seemed to be complaining mostly about internal team structures

pal you still think kekistan is cool. It's an old meme

More like
>trump_is_a_dementia_riddled_retard.webm

>I realize that some of our programs may be precautions against government accusations of discrimination, but that can easily backfire since they incentivize illegal discrimination.

diversitymemo.com/

I'm 100% certain you didn't read the document, he's literally arguing against illegal discrimination and got fired for it.

only cos google will settle out of court because they don't want the shitshow. Don't think he'd stand much of a chance if they went to court

thats just it, they dont need to follow it. but given how widespread their usage is and having a motto like "dont be evil," one would expect them to have better standards and sense of responsibility.

of course that could be disregarded as just me griping about the flaws of our legal system pertaining to data, but thats still why i think he did good by bringing this to light; i feel more people should be wary of what they trust

I did read it, but your finding points that aren't there. What illegal discrimination is he talking about? He just references that it may happen in the future

The memo was posted on an internal platform specifically designed to voice complaints about company policy. It was never intended to be public, but someone ended up leaking it. Only after it was leaked did he get fired.

>[6] Instead set Googlegeist OKRs, potentially for certain demographics. We can increase representation at an org level by either making it a better environment for certain groups (which would be seen in survey scores) or discriminating based on a protected status (which is illegal and I’ve seen it done). Increased representation OKRs can incentivize the latter and create zero-sum struggles between orgs.

yeah cos he caused a massive PR storm for the company

What's your point?

says the fag rocking DEUS VULT

There was no PR storm until after it was leaked

that quote doesn't prove anything you were saying. He's not pointing to illegal practices they currently engage in

Personally, don't care that he got fired. Google deserves it for other reasons.

So are they going to fire the employee who leaked the memo and made Google have a PR shit storm?

He's literally stating he's seen illegal discrimination happen. Do you think this memo happened in a vacuum?

like what? they're pretty fucking awesome if you ask me. Free services that are insanely useful. They contribute more to people in 1 day than what you will in a whole lifetime

get me the quote then senpai
cos that one didn't say that
your seeing things that aren't there

>write memo explaining why illegal discrimination is bad because disparities can come about naturally and that he's seen this illegal discrimination happen
>post it on internal network specifically designed for controversial topics
>triggered sjw leaks this to the press
>massive pr storm claims the memo is against diversity, despite it being pro-diversity
>he's fired

I stopped chatting with them because they're willfully ignorant, like the little commie in cosplay they are.

>he thinks a company that hires less-than-the-best workers wont be out-compete.

>Free
by selling your information to the highest bidder for a more "personalized" user experience

creeps me out tbqhwyfamalampai

>Face it
Sweetie, why do you start all of your threads like this?

Like helping (((moderate rebels))) in Libya and Syria for one. Also being cucks overall.

Google has paid shills all over the internet right now and you fuckers really stand out.

stieglerlawfirm.com/2017/08/08/google-break-law-firing-employee-controversial-memo-yes/

>First, the National Labor Relations Act forbids firing an employee for engaging in “concerted activity” for “mutual aid and protection.” In practice, this statute covers almost any discussion, involving more than one employee, regarding the terms and conditions of employment. The National Labor Relations Board has interpreted this right extremely broadly in the past few years. For example, as I discussed in a recent article regarding the NLRA and social media an employee who, during a rest break, called his supervisor a “motherf***” on facebook was found to be engaging in protected concerted activity. Damore’s memo addresses the company’s hiring and HR practices, in detail, which are unquestionably “workplace concerns” covered by the Act. Making it available to all Google employees on an internal server satisfies the “mutual” prong of the test. Assuming that the information reported above is correct, I believe there is a strong chance that the Board could find this termination to be retaliatory and order Damore’s reinstatement.

if some dude in your company leaked a doc complaining that you *might* discriminate in the future, and then the whole fucking world read it and started shitting on your company, you'd keep him on as an employee and give him a gold star?

You're getting butthurt over the fact that google did the completely rational and correct thing

Still waiting for that quote btw

you ever used google adwords? You don't see people's personal information when you use it. You just see how your ad is doing.

Google would be fucking dumb to give actual private information to the highest bidder. take your tin foil hat off

youre a beta faggot

kys

>if some dude in your company leaked a doc complaining that you *might* discriminate in the future
The author didn't leak it you fucking retard it was a sjw employee, holy shit.

I fuking wish I was paid by google to shitpost on Sup Forums
It's just me dude, but I'm flattered you think that I'm working for the illuminati

Sure google has the right to fire anybody they want, but they can't just claim to be the most inclusive company if they can't tolerate open discussion. They need to admit their moral views are not based in science, and just state plain and simple that speech at google is not free and dissent will not be tolerated. I've read enough articles from left wing news commentators about this issue to realize that they all know what research shows, they all know that there are differences between men and women, they just choose to pretend they don't exist for moral reasons.

As jordan peterson always talks about, truth is not based on scientific fact. It is rooted in your moral and religious beliefs. The left wing has created a religion with its own moral guidelines, and if a scientific result does not meet their moral criteria for truth it is discarded and ignored. Who's to say they are not correct?

Consider for a moment that the jews are correct. That humanity is too dangerous and volatile as it is. The racemixing solution will succeed in diluting the population to a docile race of happy animals and society will survive on for millennia with no wars, ruled over by the jews who succeed in keeping humanity from destroying itself. At first it will be tough to restrict speech and freedoms which past peoples expected. Removing gun rights, weapons, free speech (the most dangerous). Over time humanity will get used to it, and we may be happier and survive longer in the grand scale of things.

Face it Sup Forums you can't win this one. We have you surrounded on all sides. The war was lost a long time ago.

fine, even if someone else leaked it, you'd still keep the author on in your company?
You have the mindset of an employee, not an employer
AKA a beta

>or discriminating based on a protected status (which is illegal and I’ve seen it done).

Ha! Clearly you haven't read it. I don't think he wrote the word jew a single time.

>what is prism
>what is metadata analysis

lol you think google should release a statement saying
'we are not based in science and we don't tolerate open discussion'
holy shit thank god you don't work in PR