/dgg/ - DeGoogle General

Friendly reminder that if you're a person who respects their individual privacy and freedom, there is no reason to be using the products created by the botnet that is the Google company.

There is a plethora of options available for you to replace your Google apps that are lighter, faster and better in general, including respect for freedom and privacy.

>search engine?
SearX, DuckDuckGo, StartPage, Yandex (Soviet Botnet)
>browser?
Brave, Vivaldi
>email?
Self Host, cock.li, Proton Mail, Hotmail (Still Botnet) Yandex (Soviet Botnet)
>cloud storage?
Syncthing, ownCloud, Nextcloud
app store?
F-Droid, Yalp for Play Store front end
>YouTube?
NewPipe for mobile, not signing in on desktop
>SMS/Hangouts?
XMPP, Signal.
>calendar?
Nextcloud, ownCloud, RadiCAL,
>keep?
NextCloud, keep it in your emails.
>news?
RSS client, Librenews

List of Software you can Self-Host
github.com/Kickball/awesome-selfhosted

NextCloud Providers
nextcloud.com/providers/

OwnCloud Providers,
owncloud.org/providers/

WebMail Comparison
en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Comparison_of_webmail_providers

Other urls found in this thread:

youtube.com/watch?v=nFwciRbwNxw
businessinsider.com/many-google-employees-dont-think-james-damore-should-have-been-fired-2017-8
archive.is/KmBDQ
duckduckgo.com
duck.co/help/results/sources
twitter.com/SFWRedditGifs

bump. this is a good practice.

thanks for keeping it up

Yandex is Russian botnet

Bump
Also fuck Yandex

Should I add replacements for Android?

What about Opera, lads? Opera is fine, right?

(((Duckduckgo))) No thanks.

Opera has lost a lot of key devs to Vivaldi.

On a completely unpolitical note, I might just migrate to Vivaldi if I were you. I even thought that Opera was officially dead at one point.

fyi DuckDuckGo is not that much better than Google, and StartPage's results are enhanced by Google code

>Yandex
Another state owned information harvesting search engine. I'd prefer to get away from those in general

>(((Signal)))

ftfy, literally anything is better including whatsapp

>someone is addressing this
I'm glad, really. I've been thinking about this, and everyone always says "Yo Google it", that puts Google right into our language, a company used in every day conversation as a verb. What more power could you ask for? It does need to stop, but aside from that what's the rundown on these threads I've seen them for a couple of days now?

>including whatsapp
>(((whatsapp)))
no. i don't into signal, and still no.

How about this: Go outside you lost faggots.

I've been saying for a while that this won't work. See , Google is literally the Coca-Cola of search engines/IT right now.

The only two ways Google can be brought down are promoting companies like Baidu in China (which is bad itself, but at least gives Google a run for its money) and straight up physically seizing Google's offices, though then it'd just change hands. Unless the entire building, office, headquarters or whatever is physically burnt down, making operating impossible for them.

Use SearX.me.

# Have a youtube account? Want to upload random noise to youtube to waste their disk space?
# Example: youtube.com/watch?v=nFwciRbwNxw

# Save this post as `Dockerfile`, then run `docker build -t youtubewaster FOLDER_OF_DOCKERFILE`, then run `docker run --rm youtubewaster YOUR_YOUTUBE_STREAM_KEY`

FROM alpine
RUN apk add --no-cache bash ffmpeg openssl
RUN echo '#!/bin/bash' > /bin/stream.bash && \
echo 'if [ $# -ne 1 ]; then echo provide your youtube stream key; exit 1; fi' >> /bin/stream.bash && \
echo 'openssl enc -aes-128-ctr -pass file:/dev/null |base64) -nosalt

+use adnauseam.io or similar

What's better, brave or degoogled chromium with adnauseum?

>degoogled chromium

no such thing, so brave

but there are uch better choices like pale moon and even ff

Brave because ungoogled chromium doesn't have an active development team. With brave you can just download it, change your search engine to SearX or Yandex and completely degoogle yourself in very few steps.

businessinsider.com/many-google-employees-dont-think-james-damore-should-have-been-fired-2017-8

Checking it out right now, seems cool. How kosher is it really though when it can use Chrome add ons?

Archive or screenshot please
archive.is/KmBDQ

I like brave because the dev team is led by notorious anti-gay crusader Brendan Eich. I feel I can trust these guys

>>>another /general/ to shit up the board
This is an image board. You make threads. Go back to whatever shitty site you came from if you want threads up forever.

Yep

>notorious anti-gay crusader Brendan Eich
he is just a mormon autist. not exactly a heroic figure. mozila was run like shit and firefox was complete garbage under his leadership.

This thread should be made often.

So which is the best search engine for someone coming from google? Brave or searx?

It's no good giving multiples, most people will only swap if you give them a good alternative.

Yandex is a good search engine, just don't use the browser

Use brave i got a shitton of bat

Brave is unusable in its current state.

Also, whenever you want to say "nigger" say "Google" instead.

How? I use it and it's fine.

>mormon autist
You just described 99% of Sup Forums

He also just so happened to write JavaScript.

Haven't used it for a couple months now because it kept crashing randomly. It was also impossible to turn off hardware acceleration, don't know if it's been fixed.

Don't tell me what to do.

I tried brave and it was "ok" for the most part. However their web "debugging" is a nightmare (requires external plugins etc to even work, annoying from what I remember). I am going to give Vivaldi a try and see if its better

iOS
CyanogenMod/lineageOS
And if any of you autists can fork Ubuntu phone and actually maintain it.

Is it a good idea to use cock.li on serious inquiries?

Use telegram.

Really no mention of gnu icecat the superior browser
No. They offer things like @airmail.cc though which are far less retarded looking.

>seizing Google's offices
Shouldn't be too difficult, they'd be the kind of people who hate guns

They recently updated it. I would give it another shot.

and requires an invite...

Google already had the copyright challenge where they have become synonymous with language. I have the belief with our current political spectrum the government isn't seizing them.

If you want something, you have to attempt to take matters into your own hands and then designate responsibility to those around you.

No? What puts you under that impression?

cock.li requires invites now?

"Airmail is an invite-only E-mail server focused toward professionals and E-mail enthusiasts. To report abuse please E-mail [email protected]. "

Go to cock.li, then go to register and use the dropdown to select airmail.cc. No invite required, presumably they just put that on airmail.cc to make people fuck off if they ever stumbled onto it

OP doesn't mention AdNauseum or any other adblockers as a way of fighting g-man.

sage

Maybe we can get Ubuntu to take another crack at making a cell phone.

In the meantime there's Microsoft :(

Stop fucking shilling AdNauseum.
uBlock Origin and uMatrix are what people should be using. Not some retarded "dude lol fuck the man by doing the thing that gets them payed" jewish designed plugin

What about duckduckgo.com

Adnauseum is primarily used through Chrome. Google can and will fight it.

This is a degoogle thread.

Duckduckgo many times has been stated to be jewish owned and suspicious.

uBlock, ABP, uMatrix, are all fine solutions as well.

Why'd you leave the most damaging measures to google off your original post?

Thanks. I only need to immigrate from Google Drive, Youtube and Jewdroid now.

Any tips on how to get those going? Simple way to dispose Jewdroid is to pick up another phone but youtube is the most important part for me.

>Alternative
(((brave)))

>not Qwant

jew owned. the only search engine that is not cuck'd or kike'd is Qwant.

You mean my post about a browser and telling a guy about the other domains cock.li offers? I didn't think to mention adblocking until you brought up retarded adnauseum, mainly I assume most people already use an adblocker of some sort considering we're on Sup Forums.
And ABP isn't all that good IIRC they're jews who let ads pay them to not be blocked, they might have not went through with that though.
I have a vague notion that playing youtube videos through mpv would be fucking google over since it won't actually load the page and will just be taking the video feed. No idea if it will actually do that though.

Better than the previous version made by someone on a certain board.

Alright, I just adopted Qwant and the page looks horrific. Any option to ONLY view search results instead of images/videos/news and to hide that gigantic fucking sidebar?

What do I put here so searx works when I type shit in the address bar?

Just use Brave. It comes as a default search engine.

Okay, so other than being owned by a Jew, has DDG done anything to betray their stated dedication to privacy and not bubbling the user? I use it and the results are good and bangs are incredibly useful. They even have a bunch for Sup Forums, including Sup Forums.

>DuckDuckGoy

Use Searx or Yandex instead.

How do you even install add ons in Brave, this looks very barebones. I might be retarded though.

lite.qwant.com instead of qwant.com

Web: DuckDuckGo
News: Newslookup.com
Video: Liveleak
Email: Self Host Linux/Postfix/Dovecot.
Browser: Palemoon

>first thing that pops up are ads
Eh. Thanks for the info anyways.

Remove Captcha from Sup Forums

>Remove Captcha from Sup Forums

Remove Captcha from Sup Forums

>Remove Captcha from Sup Forums

quit training their jewbots

it's almost as if google is a fucking ad company.

just use ublock origin fagget

Fucking finally someone is attempting to fight the Google monopoly

Good luck!

Why not Mozilla?

>being this retarded

yes, he has ties with data selling companies. You can look up more about that

Don't DuckDuckGo and Startpage run their searches through Google? Would Yandex be a better option?

How about making our own captcha?

Most of its developers nowadays are SJWs or leftist.

Don't know about StartPage, but DuckDuckGo doesn't use Google according to duck.co/help/results/sources

>In fact, DuckDuckGo gets its results from over four hundred sources. These include hundreds of vertical sources delivering niche Instant Answers, DuckDuckBot (our crawler) and crowd-sourced sites (like Wikipedia, stored in our answer indexes). We also of course have more traditional links in the search results, which we source from Bing, Yahoo, and Yandex.

Do they spy on me? Do they want to remove me?

>being this invested in a post on Sup Forums

Just get (((Sup Forums pass))) ...

Read about Brendan Eich.

People kept posting that retarded image so I decided instead of repeating myself to create this image.

Mozilla fired their CEO because he gave $2000 to an anti-faggot marriage group in 2004.

sauce on right?

>And if any of you autists can fork Ubuntu phone and actually maintain it.
that would be awesome. it has a great looking UI too. my understanding is they abandoned it because it was too hard to get drivers and firmware for all the manufacturers that were loyal to (((android))). we need to have a nice long reverse engineering session on Sup Forums and try to hammer some firmwarez out desu

Sasha Greyberg

True. Come to think of it, I've seen that posted a couple times in these threads.

>looks at post
>looks at flag

All good. What frustrates me is that we HAVE to do captchas. Using NoScript, I only allow *temporary* google on a thread IF I'm going to reply, and it's on a tab/page by tab/page basis which I get to decide whether to allow it or not.

If anyone else has a better idea or way, let's hear it. I want to starve this monster to death.

Wew, a joint operation by Sup Forums and Sup Forums, never thought to see the day. Good luck.

Which should I use Vivaldi or Brave? And recommended addons/plugins?