This is the amount of solar panels needed to power the world. Why don't we have this and keep using dirty energy?

This is the amount of solar panels needed to power the world. Why don't we have this and keep using dirty energy?
1. Because of lobbies who are interested in old sources of power which they hold in monopoly and therefore exploit to their great personal benefit.
2. Because governments are not strong enough to pull off a project like this or are bribed by special interest groups (see 1.) to not go this way.
3. People see the government as the enemy, trusting that plutocrats and corporations will care for their real interests. How do you achieve this widespread mentality? Control the media, control the minds. Who controls the media? (See 1.)

We must go towards social democracy. It's the only way for the common benefit.

Other urls found in this thread:

reuters.com/article/us-spain-migrants-idUSKBN1AN0UR
eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=105&t=3
twitter.com/NSFWRedditImage

>we
Who?

they couldn't put them all in one spot. it would be relentlessly attacked by niggers and muslims

>no replies
I guess everybody is brainlessly insulting racial minorities somewhere else

All nations

Well that's total bullshit. Solar panels would have taken over if they were that effective.

I work in a power plant, and we use solar panels to supplement our power output. And they fucking suck. The organization I work for uses the solar panels as parking shades, and takes 10 times of space and produces a 3rd of the power our gas turbines do.

Because it's not true.

1. There isn't any monopoly on oil. There are regulations, not anything more than your average firewood trader.
Don't believe me? Open a gas station. Congrats, you are in the oil business.

2. If you think governments aren't strong enough to pull this off... Well there is your answer.

3. Again with government. WTF is up with you Europeans expecting everything to be done by the government? Specially the PIGS nations.
If there is a demand for solar energy, people will pay for it, and the industry will be born and accelerated.

>We must go towards social democracy
That to me means closeted communist who knows that the word communist is a negative.

Fuck off commie, or get in my dads heli.

I had the same thoughts during one of my physics lessons in 7th or 8th grade. The main problems with this idea are:
1) Maintenance (and protection) Somebody would have to clean them of sand and repair them constantly. Can you imagine yourself being stuck in the middle of a desert, tending to hundreds, if not thousands solar panels all by yourself, in fear that a squadron of kangz or muzzles may attack you at any moment. Not only could they kill you for shits and giggles, but also, they could cut off power for a huge part of the world.
2) Delivering the electricity. Ou're forgetting that overtime electricity will just disappear due to friction. It would neither be profitable nor efficient to charge giant batteries and deliver them to different places via trucks, nor to connect the world to that place with electric cables since in both cases, by the time it reaches Europe, a good portion of the energy accumulated will have disappeared.

say we build all this shit in libya. say the actually do have a stable government and dont get niggers nogging around. now then, say the whole shit is actually working as planned and 100% of the worlds' electrical needs are met due to this project.
tell me, will libya get something from this? what will stop libya from leveraging their absolute monopoly on worlds' electric grid and not demand more resources for their own sake. this way they will get the electricity and the cash from outside just to maintain the things going as they are.
now change libya for absolutely any other state, no matter how democratic, honest and transparent it may be. we cannot risk a world's electrical security because "it's inconceivable someone would ever leverage it in their own interests".
a state must have it's independent source of every resource to maintain its sovereignty and independence.

Notice how I am stressing Europe in the second point. It's the closest largely settled area to the Sahara desert, the next being the Middle East. Could you just imagine how hard would it be to connect Tokyo with this place? Also, let's not forget aforementioned Kang and Muzzie convoys that can easily hijack the trucks or cut the cables.

How do you store it? How do you transport it?

You don't know shit about anything.

>world is only using solar panels and solar energy
>everything is fine
>starts raining
>blackout
>can't play videogames and watch anime
>suicide

>reuters.com/article/us-spain-migrants-idUSKBN1AN0UR
You Spaniards can't even keep sandniggers from rushing your borders in North Africa. What makes you think you can protect this?

Two words: power density. Do some math kid.

Think of that pristine desert environment! Thousand of square kilometers of beautiful sun-blasted sand covered by horrid shade!

Seriously though, over centralization and transport of any public commodity can be a problem.

If its good go ahead, I dont need any materials for happiness.

Spot-on assessment, but a path towards remedy is harder to identify

Ok. You pay for it.

African countries are only good for their sun.

We should invade and colonize then again, but instead of cotton picking start focusing on solar farming.

For it to work, you have to put them where it's hot. That's where niggers live. They'll acuse us of stealing the sunlight which was meant for Africa. They'll break those glasses. Niggers love breaking glasses.

Ever heard of power loss over huge distances?

Nothing a good ol' whip and shotgun can't fix.

inb4 but nigguhs cant work on solar panels
It took a genius white man to invent the car, now any spic with a wrench can fix one.

Power gets used closest to the source first. And good luck lighting light bulbs across the Pacific Ocean.

>And everyone knows its always sunny and never gets dark.
Total world electric consumption is about 20 TWhrs.
Typical daytime insolescence is about 1000 W/m^2.
Typical solar panel is less than 10% efficient, but I'll be kind.
Need about four times as many to place them around the earth for nighttime. I'll be kind and pretend it never rains.
We therefore need 800 billion square meters of solar panels.
This is an area about 1000 km X 1000 km.
Typical cost of a solar panel is $300/m^2.
Total cost of world solar panels is $240 trillion without labor, without cables, without maintenance, without replacement, without accommodating increasing use.
Realistic estimate for total system is in the tens of quadrillions of dollars.

And then you realize that most of the energy we use isn't electricity.
Solar panels are crap and people who believe they can provide our energy needs are retards.

Look at the countries it would have to be in. You want to trust your power grid to North Africans?

We already have solar power. How do you think the water that drives hydro dams gets uphill?

>There isn't any monopoly on oil.
Of course there is. Not surprised you're a Saudi in denial about this particular matter; if oil wasn't a monopoly of your sheiks, your nation would be just as poor as any muslim country. But luckily for you, somebody in your land stumbled upon a rock and found an endless petrol fountain.
Also, just because there are minorists (petrol station owners) doesn't mean there are majorists (saudis, for example). How self-deceived can you be?

>WTF is up with you Europeans expecting everything to be done by the government?
It's called strategically tackling private interest to avoid exploitation by a neutral entity, for the common good. Not that hard to understand.

>the PIGS nations
Don't be scared of pigs, muslim. They are loving and intelligent beings.

>If there is a demand for solar energy, people will pay for it, and the industry will be born
There is a demand for energy, not solar energy in particular. Solar has to be pushed from the government, petrol heavily taxed, to favour positive discrimination.

>closeted communist
No. I am a social democrat because I believe in the benefit of private and public money balancing each other. In other words, I'm a left leaning centrist.

>get in my dads heli
No thanks

>I literally do not know what "monopoly" means.

If the Jews didn't sabotage tesla we would be so much more advanced in terms of energy

Built that wall yet?

>It is impossible to use petrol during climate emergencies

I know for a fact energy can't be stored in the present, and autonomous generation sets have a very weak output. However, transporting energy is perfectly possible. We have underwater pipes transporting electricity for telecom already, as well as gas ducts crossing the atlantic. Your point?

>Solar panels would have taken over if they were that effective.
Have you bothered reading my explanation of the kidnapping of the energy market by lobbies?
>produces a 3rd of the power our gas turbines
Install 200% more panels, no biggie

Enjoying your computer?

So make it widespread.

OP needs to take the Space Elevator pill

>Why don't we have this?

Transmitting electricity across vast distances causes big losses even with high voltage. A distance of 160km at 765 kV carrying 1000 MW can have a loss up to 1.1%. There's are huge costs to consider which all end up being paid by the customer, i.e. you. Just ask Germany how they like their high cost electricity due to their mandatory % of wind turbines and solar panels.

Solar Panels are ineffective in most places for a good part of the year. You'd have to supplement them with wind power and all sorts of other forms of power generation. It's also really hard to control the power output. Germany has problems controlling the power output since it's either really high so they have to pay people to use the electricity, or it's really low so there are high electricity bills. Solar power is also really expensive and uses a lot of rare minerals requiring mining projects that could have a high environment impact.

>muh social democracy

That's where you're just asking for a free helicopter ride.

Obama spent hundreds of billions of dollars into green energy programs and it didn't produce a single instance of competition with current power sources in costs for output and demand. It needed complete government funding while needing the government simultaneously suppressing all other forms of power production in the entire country. Even Germany which has undergone massive renovations to be mostly green energy is producing more carbon dioxide emissions than ever before. You're little square to power the world would cost tens of trillions of dollars to implement world wide when fusion reactors are just around the corner. It's ridiculous.

what if there is a sand storm? also solar panels need to be maintained regulary expecially if you are going to put them in a fcking desert, the dust will cover them 5 minutes after they're cleaned

Not only that they need to made with rare materials that drive up the cost significantly.

mindlessly decrying, no supporting evidence, i smell a coal jew

If this was remotely viable, someone would be making money on it. It's not, that's why solar panel companies play to people's fears of environmental calamity, or the dangers of the Mideast, basically people's fee fees and not their wallets.

Coal represents 40% of our power needs in the US. Stop calling it irrelevant obsolete garbage. Obama supported efficient clean burning coal energy before he went full coal Nazi.

1. Industrial Solar panels uses Gas, Do you know how much gas this shit will consume?

That's like the consummation of the whole Florida state

2. Do you know that they have to be cleaned daily, especially that's in the Sahara desert?

3. Do you know how much employees you need for this shit? It's like the population of a medium city

4. Do you know how much the temperature is there? In summer it exceeds 50°C, people can't live in there only with special suits.

5. You're a commie nigger and I hope you die of famine

Do you realize how much fucking land that actually is? That's a fuck load of panels. Not to mention the inefficient powergrid necessary to move all that energy around.

It would significantly diminish. There are already better versions than solar powers. there are mirrors that shine onto one point which heats a chamber and boils water to create steam. Solar panels are out dated pieces of shit. There a reason we use mini nuclear powered Mars Landers instead of shitty solar panels.

What kind of nigger doesn't know that the whole Clean Coal pilot plant is still burning dirty coal because they could never figure out how to do goal gasification on a mass scale?

A nigger like you.

strictly speaking fossil fuels are collected solar energy as well.

Yea you mean solar thermal vs photovoltaic panels. In terms of longevity PV cells are a better investment. Nuclear isn't the single power savior of the future it's going to be a mix of wind, Nuke, and solar.

is this paellanigger going to admit to getting BTFO?

I love fucking morons like yourself that doesn't understand about voltage loss, energy ineffeciencies, and the whole manufacturing process.

Oh, build mah solar panels in the African desert, save the world! There I solved it!

It is hard to transport energy effectively over range
Solar panels cost money and energy to make and the deteriorate with time
While cheap panels are made of silicon, in order to build better panels you need rare elements such as ytterbium

Disregard the OP guys, every single schmuck on the Iberian Peninsula is fucked in the head about "pollution" and "green energy".

Yet these dipshits can't even dispose of a turd when their dogs shit on the walk, in the middle of a city.

They don't replace but they are a good supplement. They work great as the rooftops for buildings because that space isn't being used for anything else, and it ends up lowering the electricity required from power plants since a great many buildings would have solar panels on them.

What a great place to put millions of expensive solar panels.

because if you install in the Sahara desert marauders will tear them apart and sell the scrap

Solar panels doesnt work at night, and there is no technology to store the energy for the night.

This

can we just accept that we as human species are not ready for worldwide cooperation yet, and we probably won't ever be, unless met with outside threat?

>Giving control of the world's power production to ALGERIA of all places

fuck off euromexico

The outside threat is hidden because it would absolutely destroy the current power structure.
Power wants one thing.To stay in power.

Estonian education is obviously better than Euromexican education

>I know for a fact energy can't be stored in the present, and autonomous generation sets have a very weak output. However, transporting energy is perfectly possible. We have underwater pipes transporting electricity for telecom already, as well as gas ducts crossing the atlantic. Your point?

You do know that power transmission accounts for nearly 50% of energy loss? By the time it reaches base stations the power delivered costs orders of magnitude more

1. Solar energy is unreliable - you're fucked on cloudy days and winters
2. There is no way to store surplus energy for later (a night, for example)
3. It's expensive - solar panels use rare earth metals
4. It requires lots of landmass
5. wind power is even more expensive
6. keep dreaming amigo

this is so wrong fuck me

eia.gov/tools/faqs/faq.php?id=105&t=3

>The U.S. Energy Information Administration (EIA) estimates that electricity transmission and distribution losses average about 5% of the electricity that is transmitted and distributed annually in the United States.

What could work is a efficient hydrogen motor we could power with the hydrogen we made with the surplus energy from saltwater.

Great you can power one floor of any of the buildings you place it on, go you

cost of system
spec of proposed system
distribution
storage
total materials use
resources spent for materials
cost per mw installed
type of solar power
projected mwhr per year

.......... etc etc etc

No, the main problem is that solar sucks ass and gives you an unstable output depending on time of day, year and weather conditions forcing you to build massive coal or nuclear powerplants as backup since solar will go 100-0 in the blink of an eye. Solar, besides being laughably inefficient and expensive, is simply not viable as a main power source.

>Be solar cuck
>It's 9pm
>Turn on light
>The fifteen high-explosive batteries under my house begin to heat up
>One hits thermal runaway
>Catches fire
>Other fifteen join in
>I die
Sounds cool.