If you don't have anything to hide, you would not be afraid of a national ID card

If you don't have anything to hide, you would not be afraid of a national ID card.

Unlike a passport for traveling abroad, this would be required for every citizen to show proof here. A passport would be bonus points since some states do not require mandatory ID, such as a driver's license or state ID card.

Other urls found in this thread:

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_identity_card_policies_by_country
twitter.com/SFWRedditImages

If you don't have anything to hide, you wouldn't mind the police searching your house everyday to make sure you are not hiding drugs or other illegal activities

If you have nothing to hide, you wouldn't mind the government force feeding you propaganda every day.

What if I got something to hide aka my personal identity

Fuck off with your nanny state you low test beta cuck

Mexican have it, sinces long time, nobody is angry, even young people love it, because could enter to night clubs,gets credit card or formal job.

all you spineless jellyfish. fearing your government who is looking out for your best interest. also, what are you hiding?

I would think most nations have it. but is it mandatory? is it the reference standard for your identity?

Most of the world makes national ID compulsory.

en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_national_identity_card_policies_by_country

If you don't have anything to hide, you would not be afraid of releasing your tax returns.

If you don't have anything to hide, you won't mind a daily full-body cavity search.

this is a violation of the rights of citizens it isn't something that's needed. simply having our ice officials and other officers willing and compliant to send people back once they are discovered is enough. this is the liberal response to the problem. to create additional burdens on the citizen in to create additional layers of bureaucracy to oversee. there's nothing American about forcing American citizens to run around identifying themselves at the whim of any and every police officer.

and most of the world is controlled by Jews no thanks

I don't have anything to hide from any law enforcement officials it doesn't mean I'm going to give up my rights to privacy simply because you demand them

most the world already does it. it is a formality, an audit trail. is it perfect, no. but it is an ID base to begin with.

>right to privacy
>browses the interwebs

choose uno

Fpbp

Right, it's not that hard to find illegals. We know what businesses hire them. People have a good idea if their neighbors are illegals. Cops and ICE officials know where they tend to live and work, and just haven't been allowed to act on it in the past.

It just takes some sensible profiling. Does that mean some American-looking illegals might slip through the cracks? Sure, but who cares? We're trying to get rid of tens of millions of border-jumpers. Get the easy 90% before worrying about the sneakiest ones.

Answer me, shithead.

What would this provide that a state-issued driver's license or state-ID does not?

Just enforce what we already have and all of the problems associated with it would be corrected.

but not all states have mandatory ID.

The government, which is controlled by economic and political elites, is not looking out for my interests. Spying on my phone calls, emails, text messages, and internet usage is not looking out for my interests. Censorship and propaganda does not look out for my interests. Waging pointless and endless wars overseas is not looking out for my interests.

Why would you think the government cares anything about you? It's drives are to maintain stability and increase in power.

No, people like Edward Snowden, people who have the courage to put themselves at risk for the sake of the people, people who defend free speech even when it is controversial, people who respect the integrity of the constitution -- those are the ones looking out for my interests.

>le nothing to hide

That's a shitty argument and you know it. Properly designed national ID system is miles safer and more private than whatever Americans have in place right now.
Stealing (or guessing) someone's Social Security number is easier than shitting in the woods provided you know where they were born.
All kinds of IDs were made for simple purpose - indexing people easier and dealing with cases where several people have the same name and surname. It's not some ancient evil that'll steal your shit when you sleep, it's just a number. You all have various cards with your names printed on them, how are you not afraid of that?

So what?

even the Filipinos have national ID.

>If you don't have anything to hide

I'm only biting the bait and replying because this is a perfect excuse to post this pic.

People who have cattle usually tag their animals' ears with numbers so they can control them and eliminate all undesirable elements.

We've had compulsory ID since for ever, looks convenient but it truly gives too much power to the government, which is pretty bad if some retarded left wing party ever gets a hold of power. And the worst part is that once established there is no way to get rid of it.

I always admired Americans for their ability to go about their lives without the need of pre-approved government documents.

>eliminate all undesirable elements

we can only hope.

Every civilised country on earth has national ID cards.

I would actually be fine with this. We basically use our social security interchangeably as a national ID, and it's much less secure.

The picture would be a lot stronger without the third point. I don't think I need to explain why
>old and restrictive = bad
>new and progressive = good
isn't a good thing do I?

even the uncivilized ones too.

I already have a drivers license

because you chose to drive a vehicle. but there is no compulsory ID forced on you.

We have drivers licenses. You pretty much need one to live. We have state ids as well.

this country needs to have a national ID so we can verify who is who, and get rid of those who try to dodge the system and live off the grid, like those Amish.

yeah true it is hard to live without some form of ID, but in some states and the country in general, no ID is mandatory.

Hi David.

Let's compromise and work together for progress. We should have national ID cards. Every American should have to provide a long form birth certificate to get one, along with 2 other forms of US issue ID. You must show your ID to vote, and biometric+pki key sign. Sound reasonable?

> should
Why? What is the point? Because other countries do? I don't care what other countries do. What problem would this solve?

And what happens when the government starts requiring you to scan your id to make purchases, enter buildings, cross state lines, use the internet, etc. They would have easy access to a large database full of detailed activities, purchases, and locations of everyone. Yeah... how about we stop centralizing all the power in this country

>What problem would this solve?
Voting problems, don't you guys hate those?

the government already knows everything you do.

yes it's mandatory, but I respect Americans for being defiant

>implying they don't know exactly who you are already

Here in Freedom-Germany it's not mandatory.