/Catholic General/ Ave Maria Edition

>Ave Maria Ave Europa!

>thread theme
youtu.be/COiHGmTaUT8

>Passage of the Day
>The Apocalypse of St. John the Apostle 2:9
I know thy tribulation and thy poverty, but thou art rich: and thou art blasphemed by them that say they are Jews and are not, but the synagogue of Satan.

>Fedoras BTFO: Proof of Old Testament stories
>Sodom and Gomorrah destroyed
m.youtube.com/watch?v=DBSIs2bHi5g
>Noah’s Ark
youtu.be/xFpvKKmTF7c
>Moses parting the Red Sea
m.youtube.com/watch?v=d90NM9tgDQE
>Mount Sinai and surrounding areas
m.youtube.com/watch?v=18gvJwx8VyI

>Are modern day Jews still responsible for the death of the Lord and Savior?

>Matthew 27:24-25
And Pilate seeing that he prevailed nothing, but that rather a tumult was made; taking water and washed his hands before the people, saying: I am innocent of the blood of this just man; look you to it.
And the whole of the crowd answering, said: His blood be upon us and upon our children.

>Saint of the Day: Lawrence of Rome

As deacon in Rome, St Lawrence was responsible for the material goods of the Church and the distribution of alms to the poor. St Ambrose of Milan relates that when the treasures of the Church were demanded of St Lawrence by the Prefect of Rome, he brought forward the poor, to whom he had distributed the treasure as alms. "Behold in these poor persons the treasures which I promised to show you; to which I will add pearls and precious stones, those widows and consecrated virgins, which are the Church's crown." The Prefect was so angry that he had a great gridiron prepared with hot coals beneath it, and had Lawrence placed on it, hence St Lawrence's association with the gridiron. After the martyr had suffered pain for a long time, the legend concludes, he cheerfully declared: "I'm well done. Turn me over!" From this derives his patronage of cooks, chefs, and comedians.

>Maria with mascara and makeup looking like some tumblr slut

Nice way to start a thread you degenerate faggot.

Deus vult !

What?

"Fun" fact: The palace-monastery of El Escorial, built by Philip II, takes the form of a gridiron in commemoration of the martydom of St Lawrence.

ourladyisgod.com
only true version of the catholic religion

>version
>catholic

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

Beautiful
How is the church doing in Spain? It's pretty depressing what's happening in the States

not only true version
the only version of catholic religion

Stop shilling your shitty cult.

enjoy hell

Sincerely, it doesn't look good at all. All the signs indicate that we are going to pass a rigorous test. Perhaps not as ruthless as that of St. Lawrence. But very hard in different ways. Ominous times.

I can feel the death and decay of the Vatican whenever meditate on the rosary. It's so sad.

I though Spain was one of the most catholic countries in Europe? Is it just the commie generation? Are there any Muslims or Jews in Spain?

>Apostles Creed
I believe in God, the Father almighty,
creator of heaven and earth.

I believe in Jesus Christ, God's only Son, our Lord,
who was conceived by the Holy Spirit,
born of the Virgin Mary,
suffered under Pontius Pilate,
was crucified, died, and was buried;
he descended to the dead.
On the third day he rose again;
he ascended into heaven,
he is seated at the right hand of the Father,
and he will come to judge the living and the dead.

I believe in the Holy Spirit,
the holy catholic Church,
the communion of saints,
the forgiveness of sins,
the resurrection of the body,
and the life everlasting. Amen.

>Ave Maria
Ave Maria, full of grace.
Our Lord is with thee.
Blessed art thou among women,
and blessed is the fruit of thy womb,
Jesus.
Holy Maria, Mother of God,
pray for us sinners,
now and at the hour of our death.
Amen.

Catholicism is not biblical. I'm sorry, but it just isn't.

>Our Father

Our Father, who art in heaven,
hallowed be thy Name,
thy kingdom come,
thy will be done,
on earth as it is in heaven.

Give us this day our daily bread.
And forgive us our trespasses,
as we forgive those
who trespass against us.

And lead us not into temptation,
but deliver us from evil.

For thine is the kingdom,
and the power, and the glory,
for ever and ever. Amen.

Okay, why do you venerate Mary when Christ says that we should not do it in the Bible?

We were. Two centuries of militant anti clericalism has uprooted most of our good (if possible) evaluation. Thanks to the masons.

New generations are indifferent to catholicism. If not directly against it.

No Jews, apart from a little experiment of reintegrating the Sephardi. We have cryptos. Practically no muslims until XXI century.

Nice try but we don't worship Mary

Praying to Mary is like praying to a relative that has passed away.

I see her as the most impressive woman in history, the matriarch of the Catholic Church. But she was mortal, not a goddess

Kick off the the second reconquista and I'll come help

Did I say worship? I said "venerate", which is the word Catholics themselves use. When Catholics venerate Mary they are explicitly rejecting Jesus Christ when he tells us in the Bible not to do that. I could go on about other doctrines that Catholics do that CONTRADICT the Bible, but you people don't believe in the Bible so I'm not sure it's of any use.